Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07 The Code

American Housewife

The Code (Season 3 | Episode 7)

8:30PM | ABC

Katie learns that the pin code the Ottos use for everything spells out Greg's ex-girlfriend's name, and retaliates by dragging out old gifts from past boyfriends. Meanwhile, the kids' current love lives take a hit as Taylor and Trip argue over her relationship with Pierce; and Oliver and Gina's relationship goes south when they both apply for a ballet scholarship that only one of them gets.

Airdate: November 7, 2018

• Love 1

Best part was Anna-Kat and Grandma bonding. Other wise everyone else in this episode came across as a moron. From Greg to yes, Taylor (really surprised). Pierce really played everyone into getting what he wanted and all he had to do was be a chummy friend to Taylor. I felt for Oliver, but at the same time, I'm tired of Oliver's: "My family sucks and I need to get far away from them as much as possible." How many times does he need to be hit over his head that being: "Rich, at some expensive boarding school, or trying to show off for his friends" is always having the same result. As Einstein once said: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting the same results." Instead of learning from your mistakes and moving on. 

• Love 3

I wish Katie and Greg had told Taylor it was their fault Tripp stormed into rehearsal, and that he was right about Pierce. I don't get why Katie just sort of patted her on the back for standing up for herself. I mean, yeah Tripp was a little too controlling but they're the ones who put him up to it. 

That kid who plays Pierce is so perfect at being smarmy, he's got a very punchable face.

LOL at "he's all over you, like sauce on pasghetti."

• Love 10
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I wish Katie and Greg had told Taylor it was their fault Tripp stormed into rehearsal, and that he was right about Pierce. I don't get why Katie just sort of patted her on the back for standing up for herself. I mean, yeah Tripp was a little too controlling but they're the ones who put him up to it. 

This. Poor clueless Tripp was completely fine with Taylor and Pierce being friends and not jealous at all. Yeah, he lost it a little when Katie and Greg clued him in, but I think he just overreacted about being made to look like a fool. He never showed any controlling issues before.

I hope we're not stuck with Pierce now, over Tripp. I'll be right there binging with Greg.

I felt for Oliver, but that whole pact was ridiculous, as was their assuming they would each be getting the one scholarship available anyway.

Sweet yet creepy moment with Anna-Kat and Grandma catching Oliver's heartbreak on the door cam.

I kind of understood where Katie was coming from with Greg continuing to use the HOPE pin for everything, but I loved Greg giving it right back to her. It's nice when he stands up for himself, especially when Katie brought forth her boxes of exes stuff, lol. 

His "caught/guilty" face was great, ha.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

This. Poor clueless Tripp was completely fine with Taylor and Pierce being friends and not jealous at all. Yeah, he lost it a little when Katie and Greg clued him in, but I think he just overreacted about being made to look like a fool. He never showed any controlling issues before.

I hope we're not stuck with Pierce now, over Tripp. I'll be right there binging with Greg.

I felt for Oliver, but that whole pact was ridiculous, as was their assuming they would each be getting the one scholarship available anyway.

Sweet yet creepy moment with Anna-Kat and Grandma catching Oliver's heartbreak on the door cam.

I kind of understood where Katie was coming from with Greg continuing to use the HOPE pin for everything, but I loved Greg giving it right back to her. It's nice when he stands up for himself, especially when Katie brought forth her boxes of exes stuff, lol. 

His "caught/guilty" face was great, ha.

I'll be there with you. I love Tripp and couldn't care less about Pierce.

• Love 6

The odds of Oliver getting the scholarship were much higher than his girlfriend's since there were - what - only two or three boys in the whole class/school? Then again just last week there seemed to be some new male prodigy transfer with calves all the girls were swooning over. Still, I can understand the girl thinking Oliver was much likelier to get it than she was.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The odds of Oliver getting the scholarship were much higher than his girlfriend's since there were - what - only two or three boys in the whole class/school? Then again just last week there seemed to be some new male prodigy transfer with calves all the girls were swooning over. Still, I can understand the girl thinking Oliver was much likelier to get it than she was.

Completely agree, I do sadly wished that they would have revealed it wasn't Oliver's talent, but his attitude that kept him from the scholarship. He was ONCE again talking about the scholarship getting him AWAY from his HORRIBLE family again. Yeah, I get that Greg and Katie's fight was stupid, but at this point, Oliver is beating a dead horse about how much it sucks to be an Otto. 

• Love 3
On 11/8/2018 at 8:14 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Loved Anna-Kat and Grandma bonding I love you *pause* oh my god I really do.

I thought "Grandma, I love that you don't know how to talk to kids." was pretty funny.

• Love 6
On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 6:39 AM, readster said:

Completely agree, I do sadly wished that they would have revealed it wasn't Oliver's talent, but his attitude that kept him from the scholarship. He was ONCE again talking about the scholarship getting him AWAY from his HORRIBLE family again. Yeah, I get that Greg and Katie's fight was stupid, but at this point, Oliver is beating a dead horse about how much it sucks to be an Otto. 

Everyone gets to be happy on this show but Katie and Oliver, it seems. 

51 minutes ago, Bobbin said:

Everyone gets to be happy on this show but Katie and Oliver, it seems. 

Oh I agree, Katie is either getting thrown something that is just mean or unwarranted just to piss her off. Oliver has to "not get what he wants" shoved down our throats and then regresses him back to: "I hate my family, I can't wait until I grow up and get away from these losers." Yet, Oliver hangs with all the "losers" and for Katie, at this point I'm surprise she doesn't put a restraining order on the Stepford Moms, because at this point I be: "get away from my house or I'm hitting you with my car!"

Edited by readster
off not office.