Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04 Enemies: An Otto Story

Enemies: An Otto Story (Season 3 | Episode 4)

8:30PM | ABC

Anna-Kat runs for the Green Chair position in the school election against Chloe Brown Mueller's daughter, which results in Katie and Chloe turning their kids' election into a feud of their own. Meanwhile, Greg becomes concerned that Taylor's new friend Pierce is trying to steal her away from Trip, causing Greg to intervene and scheme to prevent it.

Airdate: October 17, 2018

My favorite plot was Oliver wanting to get into the ballet boarding school. It's nice (and surprising) to have a show treat "Oliver likes ballet" as "no big deal". I wonder if the actor is interested in it in real life. I can't judge; is he any good?

• Love 5

Anna-Kat and her friend were cracking me up last night. What was the one line he said about just finding out the his real dad was his uncle and who he previously thought was his dad is his brother??  Lol, Katie immediately said something back,but I  can't remember what she said.   Could have done without the Pierce guy.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MaryMitch said:

My favorite plot was Oliver wanting to get into the ballet boarding school. It's nice (and surprising) to have a show treat "Oliver likes ballet" as "no big deal". I wonder if the actor is interested in it in real life. I can't judge; is he any good?

No, he's definitely not professionally trained, or even an intermediate.  But it is a cute plot and they've shown him just enough for him to carry off a few basic moves.

Anna Kat is getting a little less annoying for me.  But Taylor seems to be getting stupider.  Shes always been a little dense, but I think they need to tap the brakes a bit on her cluelessness.   

• Love 7
6 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Anna-Kat and her friend were cracking me up last night. What was the one line he said about just finding out the his real dad was his uncle and who he previously thought was his dad is his brother??  Lol, Katie immediately said something back,but I  can't remember what she said.   Could have done without the Pierce guy.

"Did you know my uncle was my dad and my dad is my brother? I didn't either until yesterday."

"Drink your juice."

The Pierce guy is Milo Manheim (Camryn Manheim's son) who is currently on Dancing with the Stars (I'd never heard of him before but I'm kinda hoping he wins) and he was in Zombies (Disney TV movie) with the girl who plays Taylor. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Anna-Kat and her friend were cracking me up last night. What was the one line he said about just finding out the his real dad was his uncle and who he previously thought was his dad is his brother?

I believe what he said was "my uncle is my dad and my dad is my brother." Which suggests to me that possibly the Uncle had a child (possibly as a teen), who was probably adopted by Uncle's own parents. That child is who Franklin has known as Dad. So Franklin's dad is the adopted brother of his own biological father. Then that same person fathered another child much later (Franklin). Franklin was then adopted by his biological (half?) brother.

Or in a shorter form: Uncle has two biological sons, the younger of which was adopted by the older, and the older was adopted by Uncle's parents.

• Love 3

IMO, Taylor is portrayed as being too disrespectful to her parents. I don't like seeing that on TV.  Where was Mrs. Otto's mother in this episode? I thought she moved in for an extended period of time due to lack of money?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

IMO, Taylor is portrayed as being too disrespectful to her parents. I don't like seeing that on TV.  Where was Mrs. Otto's mother in this episode? I thought she moved in for an extended period of time due to lack of money?

Good point about Katie's mom.  Now I'm wondering if my initial impression might be correct that this episode was filmed before last week's.  Katie looked fatter again in this one, while she looked slimmer last week.  I don't know, it was just a hunch I had.

• Love 2

Yeah Tripp playing fetch was the highlight.

IMO, Taylor is portrayed as being too disrespectful to her parents. I don't like seeing that on TV. 

A teen being disrespectful to their parents? If that bothers you then you'll need to avoid all teens, everywhere, in the world. 

• Love 5

My problem with Taylor is she's completely one-note. She's not a character. She's where the writers put their "dumb" jokes...except now they've also got Tripp for that, so it just doubles up on it.

Is the title of this episode a riff on something else? It seems like it's supposed to be, but I'm not sure what.

• Love 5

My big question: why would Chloe throw money to all the random students outside? 90% were likely not even in the girls' class.

Secondly, if everyone in Westport is filthy rich except the Ottos, then why would all the kids be leaping for that cash? It would be like pocket change to them.

• Love 2
On 10/21/2018 at 12:12 PM, CrazyDog said:

Tripp and Greg are great together.

I don't know if the credit should go to the writers or to the actor.  But Tripp is the kind of neighborhood kid I normally wouldn't want coming around.

But in this show, he is so likable.  And again, I'm not sure if it's the actors or the scenes they are in, but Tripp and Greg are fun to watch together.

** Greg tosses a treat, which the dog is able to catch**

Tripp:   "I'm sorry, Mr. A.   I wasn't ready and the dog ate it."

Bwhahahahaha!  Don't ever change, Tripp.

• Love 7
On 10/18/2018 at 1:47 PM, MaryMitch said:

i thought the only reason he is into ballet is because he can then go to yale or whatever on a scholarship?

On 10/22/2018 at 1:43 PM, iMonrey said:

Yeah Tripp playing fetch was the highlight.

A teen being disrespectful to their parents? If that bothers you then you'll need to avoid all teens, everywhere, in the world. 

didn't used to be like that. the disrespect is showing itself in the younger generation in every way. of course most of it is due to the parents , the coddling, the over protectiveness etc. 

On 10/18/2018 at 8:34 PM, theatremouse said:

I believe what he said was "my uncle is my dad and my dad is my brother." Which suggests to me that possibly the Uncle had a child (possibly as a teen), who was probably adopted by Uncle's own parents. That child is who Franklin has known as Dad. So Franklin's dad is the adopted brother of his own biological father. Then that same person fathered another child much later (Franklin). Franklin was then adopted by his biological (half?) brother.

Or in a shorter form: Uncle has two biological sons, the younger of which was adopted by the older, and the older was adopted by Uncle's parents.

i thought he said "....my dad is my uncle" which would mean his mother had sex with her brother in law, her husbands brother and he is the result!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, msrachelj said:

didn't used to be like that. the disrespect is showing itself in the younger generation in every way. of course most of it is due to the parents , the coddling, the over protectiveness etc. 

Not to mention the mean-spiritedness, which is rampant in the women on this show and sets a really bad example for the kids.  You can't expect your kids to be better than you are.  If you don't show respect to other people then you can't expect your kids to show respect to you or anyone for that matter.  I just don't get how this show doesn't really crack down on that.  We get glimmers of it in different episodes.  We are lead to believe Katie has changed and will be a nicer person, then she lapses.

• Love 5