Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Three Words

Bort
  • Start Topic

Nic and Conrad contemplate their past when they team up to diagnose a happy husband and wife who are both admitted to the hospital with mysterious symptoms. Bell and Marshall butt heads on a work trip when their cut-throat business tactics don't align. Meanwhile, AJ turns down a request from Bell despite Mina's forewarning, Devon continues to gravitate to medical device rep Julian and the staff gears up for Conrad's three-year anniversary at Chastain.

Airdate: Monday, October 8, 2018

So we really should have called this one...two words in the third person

i don't know what the three words were but if I hear "the Raptor" one more time, I quit this show.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

I’m really enjoying AJ. I thought he didn’t want to do robotic surgery because he didn’t know how, yet he was really good at it and still didn’t back down on Bell. I’m also liking Conrad’s dad and his smackdown on Bell.

Im guessing there haven’t been any deaths lately because Lily’s death was so harsh and the writers were giving us some feel good stories.

Mina’s panicked face when she saw Devon and Jenna’s character was spot on. Don’t go down this road, Devon! I also liked the backstory on Conrad and Nic’s relationship and why they broke up, and I’m guessing the miscarriage scene showed up because she may be pregnant soon? Seemed like Conrad really wanted to be a dad.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

i don't know what the three words were but if I hear "the Raptor" one more time, I quit this show.

I just started watching this season.  I can't get past how Theo got to be a doctor, much less a superior surgeon.  Every time I hear him speak, I'm transported back 30 years to the dimwitted teenager.

• Love 10

The raptor abides.

Lol dude's growing on me.  I only like Emily Van Camp when she's in revenge mode.  Let sigh....meh episode.  The girl offering to dance with Devon and yanking him in like that is at best, stalkerish.  Not cool show.  

Conrad and Dad, okay what's the story??  Cuz I'm bored.

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 2

I was bored with Nic and Conrad's back story. Maybe there were too many time jumps? How long were they supposed to be together before the big breakup? It seemed as if they met, had a date, Nic got pregnant, but miscarried, they broke up. I wasn't that invested in their story. 

The other storylines were more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Mina's baaaaack! She's a doctor again! My joy was slightly doused when she was used to prop AJ's robot skills but she got the upper hand in the next scene so I was grudgingly OK with it in the end. Now get her back to be a rock-star on her own and not be the Bell translator for AJ. Thank you.

I loved the power plays between Marshall and Bell, Bell and AJ. That's what I like on this show.  Those three characters have serious flaws so I don't mind when either of them is taken down a peg or two and I fully enjoy the confrontations, manipulations and "gotcha" moments on every side.

I wonder if Marshall is sincere or if he's trying to regain control of his son. Is he sick or something? Could explain the sudden change of heart.

I'm a horrible person but I liked the idea of the lovey-dovey couple having a STD because he cheated. It's something that the writers would have done last season, I think.

Maybe the flashbacks weren't visually obvious on purpose, it was the case in the first scene I think, but they were a bit too abrupt at times and it disrupted the flow of the episode. I wasn't sorry that Conrad hit the pig. I understood Nic's reaction, though, I thought he'd seriously injure him at first. I wouldn't mind if their romance sat a bit on the backburner after those three Nic/Conrad centered episodes, but I commend TPTB for actually writing for them; and trying to do right by their fans instead of using shippers only to spit on them. I feel about Conrad/Nic like I felt about Mer/Der on Grey's Anatomy. It isn't "my" ship but it's the romantic relationship between the two leads so it has an impact on the tone and the show as a whole. I prefer them trying to make it work together, with realistic issues, rather than spreading annoying soapy and artificial drama all over.

Are Feldman and the brunette nurse a thing? Is she Nic's friend? One reason why I'd like the romance to take a backseat is that Conrad and Nic had few interactions with other characters and were a tad isolated, especially Nic since she used to have many scenes with Lane.

The only raptor I saw was the BISC latching her clutches on Devon. Priya was understanding and supportive for a season, I saw Dev 100% into this relationship, and I don't like the "subtle" insinuations that she's kind of pushy or that he isn't that into marriage all of a sudden. If he cheats with the She-Raptor, he'll have zero excuse in my eyes. But I hope Mina can kick his ass into not ruining everything.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 12

I missed like 10 minutes.  I seen the part where Marshall crashed Bells lunch and Bell giving his presentation and then Bell was telling Conor that his dad bought a company to make the saline and seemed pissed.  I missed the middle part. Is he mad because he doesn't get the credit and he's name isn't on it.

This better be a fake out with Devon and he doesn't cheat. Not everyone cheats. Even if Bill wasted no time telling the wife that the husband might have caught something without her. Seriously why would you imply that.

• Love 1

Was pleaseantly suprised  to see the saline shortage on the show.  I liked last night’s episode, and I like the chemistry I see between the two leads, and Mina is one of my favorite characters.

I want to start a drinking game: Everytime someone says “the raptor” they have to take a sip.  Anything more than a sip and I’d be wasted by the third act.

• Love 3
On 10/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, Mikita said:

I removed this show from my dvr after this episode.  Boring. The addition of Malcom Jamal Warner didn't help it.

He's been on the show since last season.  But, it's never worth sticking with something if you aren't enjoying it.  I personally like this show, but that's mostly because I really like Matt Czuchry.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Whimsy said:

He's been on the show since last season.  But, it's never worth sticking with something if you aren't enjoying it.  I personally like this show, but that's mostly because I really like Matt Czuchry.  

He was in the last three episodes of season one as a guest star. Now he's a regular, which means many more episodes and scenes with him. Since I don't care for him as a actor.... that along with literally being bored is why I decided to bail.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don't mind the Raptor but give Mina a storyline or I will start minding. Speaking of Mina that look she gave Devon and Sales Rep lady at the end was all kinds of awesome and a classic Queen Mina look.

I actually really like the storyline (or lack of major drama so far) with Conrad's dad. There is enough angst on this show and Conrad is a very angsty guy I don't want to see Conrad and Daddy drama as well. Really dreading it. Keep him as a character who can go toe to toe with Bell. I liked that the wrote Marshall doing good but making a heap of money as well. It makes sense for the character. 

From what I am seeing they intend to keep Connic relatively drama free (but with their own issues to work through). I hope this is the case and am 100% for it. Last season they handled it well with them working well together and having a lovely friendship even with the other doctor hovering around in a sort of love triangle. However it looks like poor Devon is going to be lumped with the romantic drama storyline which is kinda weird cuz it just seems OOC for him. Ugh.

I enjoyed this episode (especially Marshall and Bell) but I would like more of:

Nic and Mina

Conrad and Mina

Bell and Mina

Nic and Devon

Last season had a wonderful mix of the characters and imo that was why it was so awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't mind the Raptor but give Mina a storyline or I will start minding. Speaking of Mina that look she gave Devon and Sales Rep lady at the end was all kinds of awesome and a classic Queen Mina look.

I actually really like the storyline (or lack of major drama so far) with Conrad's dad. There is enough angst on this show and Conrad is a very angsty guy I don't want to see Conrad and Daddy drama as well. Really dreading it. Keep him as a character who can go toe to toe with Bell. I liked that the wrote Marshall doing good but making a heap of money as well. It makes sense for the character. 

From what I am seeing they intend to keep Connic relatively drama free (but with their own issues to work through). I hope this is the case and am 100% for it. Last season they handled it well with them working well together and having a lovely friendship even with the other doctor hovering around in a sort of love triangle. However it looks like poor Devon is going to be lumped with the romantic drama storyline which is kinda weird cuz it just seems OOC for him. Ugh.

I enjoyed this episode (especially Marshall and Bell) but I would like more of:

Nic and Mina

Conrad and Mina

Bell and Mina

Nic and Devon

Last season had a wonderful mix of the characters and imo that was why it was so awesome. 

Agree with all the above.   I'm probably int he minority but I like AJ; he's not arrogant but confident in his abilities and believe there's some type of undercurrent  for Mena (glad the "real" Mena's back).   It seems he has a great appreciation for intelligence and hard work along with a solid work ethic which Bell despises (how dare someone challenge him"?!).    I enjoy watching the tension between Marshall and Bell; I hope Marshall doesn't back down although yes, there's also some underlying reason (festering) that I haven't quite figured out between Conrad and him.   I like the Connic dynamic and the flashback was unexpected.   I'm not certain, either, how long they date before she miscarried but he is in love with her (gave her his mom's ring) and strongly believe he wants it to work this time.   Just NO to Devon and Medical Sales Rep; it doesn't make sense that he would cheat and he really has no reason to be so "enamored" with her medical devices, or dancing skills *sigh*

• Love 7
3 hours ago, cathmed said:

Just NO to Devon and Medical Sales Rep; it doesn't make sense that he would cheat and he really has no reason to be so "enamored" with her medical devices, or dancing skills *sigh*

I was even disappointed with the dancing! It was Jenna Dewan!!!!! If they were going to make them dance (which makes me feel like Mina's facial expression in that scene) at least put her to good use.

Like you said, JUST NO!!!!!

• Love 2

I am really distracted by how much makeup they are putting on Jenna. She is a stunning  woman, but why are they caking her foundation on? They don’t seem to do that with the other female characters. It makes her look older than she really is.

Love Bell listening to the calming sounds in his office. I like Austin. This episode showed he does care about his job & how Mina sees him, especially when he asked Conrad and not Mina about how he should approach Bell. Don't care for Dewan in this, well don't care for her at all(the amount of makeup, I think is to make her look older). But I could bypass her if she wasn't involved with Devon. That I think has to do with him having 2nd thoughts about getting married now. I think they should wait especially with his residency. I also wonder if maybe Devon hasn't been with any other woman, & that's why the rep intrigues him. 

• Love 3