Type keyword(s) to search

S06:E03: Ambulance Chasers and a Babbling Brook

paulvdb

Adam's Bar should be named Fall Guy. I don't know what the date for the wedding is, but I'm willing to bet money something is going to go wrong with the outdoor venue and they willl end up holding the wedding in the newly renovated bar. Because it's TV Land, the bar may not be ready to open, but they will be able to use it as a wedding venue. 

Also, I think I missed something. Why can't Christy go to her regular meeting? Does she have a class at that time? I miss the regular meeting. I hope they soon have Christy back with the others. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

. Why can't Christy go to her regular meeting?

Since she said that she sits in her car & cries after the class (every time), it was suggested that she go to a meeting instead. The "new" meeting starts shortly after her contracts class and is near the school.

• Love 4

The plot seemed overly convoluted to me. Bonnie could have simply told Adam she found a spot she loved and she booked it just in case. Then she could have shown it to him - if he didn't like it, they could un-book it. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I guess Adams dog must be offf playing with Howard and Bernadette’s ( BBT) children. 

Certainly not with Christy's children. They don't even exist in the world of the show anymore. Not that that's a bad thing. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 9

I love Constance Zimmer but she deserved a better, less predictable plot. And Christy definitely needs to work on her self-confidence, nobody wants a laywer with a constant deer-in-the-headlights look.

Bit of a meh episode - but I wonder what will happen to Adam's bar. This show isn't particularly keen on adding regular new sets.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, GussieK said:
21 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I guess Adams dog must be offf playing with Howard and Bernadette’s ( BBT) children. 

Certainly not with Christy's children. They don't even exist in the world of the show anymore. Not that that's a bad thing. 

Well Gus did make an appearance in the premier staring down Christy while she was trying to read her law book in the living room.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:57 PM, Sarah 103 said:

Adam's Bar should be named Fall Guy.

I love it!

And can the writers PLEASE give Wendy a storyline of some sorts - rather than being a target of snarky, snide, sarcastic comments and ribbing - mostly by Bonnie?  Everyone of the ladies, besides the two leads, have had their stories from Marjorie with her cancer and husband's stroke to Jill's rehab stints/foster parenting/ weight gain/loss?  I want to know more about her background, how she got into nursing and what led her to becoming an alcoholic/drug addict

• Love 9
On 10/13/2018 at 2:45 PM, ctlady said:

And can the writers PLEASE give Wendy a storyline of some sorts - rather than being a target of snarky, snide, sarcastic comments and ribbing - mostly by Bonnie?  Everyone of the ladies, besides the two leads, have had their stories from Marjorie with her cancer and husband's stroke to Jill's rehab stints/foster parenting/ weight gain/loss?  I want to know more about her background, how she got into nursing and what led her to becoming an alcoholic/drug addict

I want a Wendy storyline, too! I've been telling Mr Jillybean this for the past couple of weeks. Now that they finally acknowledge that they've become an ensemble cast, they owe her a storyline.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 6

I missed a lot of last season, so do we know what type of law school Christy is attending?  I think she was rejected most places, wait-listed at one, and then accepted to that one, so is it supposed to be a traditional law school or an unaccredited one*?  Because that is a ridiculously small classroom for a first year course.  So I wonder if it's just that they don't want to take the space to build a larger set, or if it's properly showing the kind of school she's attending.  Because it's an interesting scenario if it is, given how the odds are stacked against her to begin with; those schools have huge dropout rates, and most of the students who graduate don't pass the bar exam (most states don't allow graduates of unaccredited schools to even take the exam, but California does) and thus don't wind up becoming lawyers, hampering their earning potential in the legal field.

*If one of her professors is behaving this unprofessionally with a student, maybe it is.  Nah, it’s still ridiculous on every level.

Also, it's distracting to me how many students, Christy included, are taking notes on paper rather than on a laptop (or maybe even a smaller device would be typical by now).

I like Adam's bar idea, although I'm not sure I care about that becoming a storyline.  I like Bonnie and Adam (and I hardly ever like romantic relationships on TV shows), but I'm getting a little tired of the various storylines it generates.

And I know the answer to this is because it's a sitcom, but I don't know why Bonnie booking a venue without Adam seeing it needed to be such an issue.  I doubt the deposit was non-refundable at that point - at that stage of the timeline, a cancellation fee would be manageable - so why not just say I fell in love with a place and it was available on our date, so I snagged it, let's go look and see if you agree?

It's interesting to me their conversations indicate an intention of all joint finances; I wouldn't enter into a community property relationship with anyone, but different strokes and all that.  But with someone like Bonnie?!  Adam needs to really consider that, and I wonder if it has been (over the course of the engagement that I've missed) or will be raised as an issue.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Bastet said:

It's interesting to me their conversations indicate an intention of all joint finances; I wouldn't enter into a community property relationship with anyone, but different strokes and all that.  But with someone like Bonnie?!  Adam needs to really consider that, and I wonder if it has been (over the course of the engagement that I've missed) or will be raised as an issue.

Hmmm.....

Bastet? You may be on to something.

I've always said in my head that this wedding will NEVER EVER HAPPEN. Those two...Adam can do BETTER.

I think this may be what breaks them up/postpones the wedding indefinitely. HE brings up a prenup because damn...he'd be stupid not to with her history, and she goes off. And everybody in AMERICA is on HER side.

But they reconcile by part two and decide to not decide or something.

I don't see this wedding happening. The Bonnie/Christy/AA Ladies dynamic would be ruined with Adam around all the time. And her being the Super, she HAS to live there. But Adam can't shower comfortably there (tub) so they'd have to move to his place, thus further damaging the dynamic.

Don't hold your breath on  a wedding.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Bastet said:

I missed a lot of last season, so do we know what type of law school Christy is attending?  I think she was rejected most places, wait-listed at one, and then accepted to that one, so is it supposed to be a traditional law school or an unaccredited one*?  Because that is a ridiculously small classroom for a first year course.  So I wonder if it's just that they don't want to take the space to build a larger set, or if it's properly showing the kind of school she's attending.  Because it's an interesting scenario if it is, given how the odds are stacked against her to begin with; those schools have huge dropout rates, and most of the students who graduate don't pass the bar exam (most states don't allow graduates of unaccredited schools to even take the exam, but California does) and thus don't wind up becoming lawyers, hampering their earning potential in the legal field.

*If one of her professors is behaving this unprofessionally with a student, maybe it is.  Nah, it’s still ridiculous on every level.

Also, it's distracting to me how many students, Christy included, are taking notes on paper rather than on a laptop (or maybe even a smaller device would be typical by now).

I like Adam's bar idea, although I'm not sure I care about that becoming a storyline.  I like Bonnie and Adam (and I hardly ever like romantic relationships on TV shows), but I'm getting a little tired of the various storylines it generates.

And I know the answer to this is because it's a sitcom, but I don't know why Bonnie booking a venue without Adam seeing it needed to be such an issue.  I doubt the deposit was non-refundable at that point - at that stage of the timeline, a cancellation fee would be manageable - so why not just say I fell in love with a place and it was available on our date, so I snagged it, let's go look and see if you agree?

I've thought about this, and I am also aware of those California nonaccredited schools, but the show has not given any information at that level of detail.  I think she is probably at a lower-tier school or an unaccredited school.  But even the best schools have small sections for first year nowadays.  You go with the people in your small section to all classes.  One class will actually be small with no other students.  Other classes (required first-year classes) will be combined with other small sections for a larger class.  This allows for an intimate experience in one class.  

The professor is ridiculously unprofessional.  

My point would be if Adam  can’t trust Bonnie then he really shouldn’t marry her.  It might be different if he had a large trust fund or a company that she would be entitled to half of but my thing is if you can’t trust your spouse they you should marry them.

Plus Bonnie will never be perfect but she has been making a lot of effort to be better.  She was even proud of Christie during last? Episodes gambling thing and cane immediately when she called.  She is helping out a neighbor she likes.  All this take compassion Season 1 Bonnie didn’t have.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Other classes (required first-year classes) will be combined with other small sections for a larger class.

Right, and that's what she has been in when we've seen her - Property and Contracts.  If it isn't simply a function of them not wanting to take up any more soundstage space with a larger set, then a class that small for those classes means it's a small school.  So I was just wondering if, during the "I didn't get in anywhere, but I'm waitlisted here" period, they gave any indication whether her one chance was at a small traditional school or if she was going to be going the unaccredited route.  I doubt they gave it that level of thought, unless any of them had gone to law school themselves, but given the entire foundation of this "Christy goes to law school" story is how many aspects of her life make it more difficult for her to succeed there, her being at an unaccredited school would fit right in with that.

1 hour ago, hnygrl said:

I think this may be what breaks them up/postpones the wedding indefinitely. HE brings up a prenup because damn...he'd be stupid not to with her history, and she goes off. And everybody in AMERICA is on HER side.

Right?  It's a TV rule that everyone must be appalled by the idea of a prenup.  But getting married in a community property state without one, so that you can't decide for yourselves how to divvy up yours, mine, and ours but instead have it dictated by law?  Not something to enter into without due consideration.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Right, and that's what she has been in when we've seen her - Property and Contracts.  If it isn't simply a function of them not wanting to take up any more soundstage space with a larger set, then a class that small for those classes means it's a small school.  So I was just wondering if, during the "I didn't get in anywhere, but I'm waitlisted here" period, they gave any indication whether her one chance was at a small traditional school or if she was going to be going the unaccredited route.  I doubt they gave it that level of thought, unless any of them had gone to law school themselves, but given the entire foundation of this "Christy goes to law school" story is how many aspects of her life make it more difficult for her to succeed there, her being at an unaccredited school would fit right in with that.

Right?  It's a TV rule that everyone must be appalled by the idea of a prenup.  But getting married in a community property state without one, so that you can't decide for yourselves how to divvy up yours, mine, and ours but instead have it dictated by law?  Not something to enter into without due consideration.

I figure it's a function of their not having the energy to explain it or the need to do so. It's way over most viewers' heads.  I'm afraid I have personal experience, on the other hand.  Pierson v. Post.  That's a good one!  Chalk one up for realism there.  

• Love 1