Type keyword(s) to search

TDS 3.0: Season Four Talk

• Start Topic

I think we all received the test alert "from" the President. I was disappointed not to read, "A tsunami's coming. Sad!"

I don't generally like Michael Kosta, but I did like his comparing Kavanaugh to The Hulk in that his sober/Bruce Banner self can't remember what his drunk/Hulk self has done.

• Love 5

Tyson annoys me because he always just bulldozers over everyone. I was glad Trevor was able to shut him up and make a point, and Tyson was like, "oh, yeah that makes a lot of sense." Yeah, listening to people is actually a good way to learn. 

• Love 2

I took Daily Show off of ny DVR recordings. I watch Seth Myers and Colbett for news, and that's it.  Too much disgusting news that Trevor's take  seemed overkill. And not as clever or humorous to make me feel better or hopeful for change.  

Damn, I miss Jon. 

• Love 2

Depressing episode. Climate change might be irreversible, and the president jacks it celebrating Kavanaugh’s win, going as far as to apologize for all the shit he went through. Also, Melania in a pith helmet. In Africa. Of course. Why not?

I still like the show. Not thinking of giving up on it.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 9

And to say he was 'proven innocent' was beyond the pale. Not even the senate is saying that. I don't have much hope, but maybe he will actually rule in a fair way and redeem himself. Even Nixon appointees ended up with fairly liberal rulings. 

As much as you shouldn't judge people on what they wear, and certainly Michelle Obama was judged, there's a line, and you've got to know there's some level of consideration as First Lady that you have to make as to what you wear. I can't imagine there's no one on her staff with a eye on the larger context that can't say, "uh, listen, you look like from the 1950s when Kenya was a colony." Nothing wrong with a woman in a white suit and tie, but you've got to think twice with the hat. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, ganesh said:

No I don't think so because it was a holiday. 

I didn't know Monday was Columbus Day until someone told me on Tuesday. Even no mail on Monday wasn't a good enuf hint.

I loved when Trevor introduced the Taylor Swift segment with "I'ma let you finish...." So funny when Trump turned around to the reporters at the mention of Taylor Swift.

My BIL is a Trump-loving, right-wing Republican football fan. Every so often he'll gripe about black players kneeling and rules being weakened to protect players. He even used those two things as an excuse to cancel his NFL package. But he still watches whatever games he can.

"Don't boo, vote."

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ganesh said:

As much as you shouldn't judge people on what they wear, and certainly Michelle Obama was judged, there's a line, and you've got to know there's some level of consideration as First Lady that you have to make as to what you wear. I can't imagine there's no one on her staff with a eye on the larger context that can't say, "uh, listen, you look like from the 1950s when Kenya was a colony." Nothing wrong with a woman in a white suit and tie, but you've got to think twice with the hat. 

She wore an "I Really Don't Care, Do U?" jacket on a visit to prison camps for children kidnapped and incarcerated by the US Government.  I really don't think it was an oversight by her staff.  I think Melania chooses her clothes on purpose.  For example, where does one even get a colonial pith helmet anyway?  She just had that lying around in her hat closet?  Is that the latest from the Dolce & Gabbana Colonialist line? I don't think so.  That was a deliberate search, purchase, and choice.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, ganesh said:

I don't have much hope, but maybe he will actually rule in a fair way and redeem himself. Even Nixon appointees ended up with fairly liberal rulings. 

Nixon's appointments were from a different age, when the judiciary was less partisan and the vetting was less rigorous and ideological.  Kavanaugh was a Republican operative, he ruled in a highly right-wing way on the lower bench, and his outburst about the Democrats during the confirmation . . . I am 100% sure you are not going to get any 'fairly liberal' or even moderate rulings out of this guy.   He's going to be like Clarence Thomas on steroids, aggrieved and ready to punch all the hippies/liberals he can.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Depressing episode. Climate change might be irreversible, and the president jacks it celebrating Kavanaugh’s win, going as far as to apologize for all the shit he went through. Also, Melania in a pith helmet. In Africa. Of course. Why not? 

I totally concur. Even the interview with Mark Leibovich wasn't any help as he told people two years ago Hillary was all but assured of winning the presidency. I need more booze.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Wilbur Whateley said:

Nixon's appointments were from a different age, when the judiciary was less partisan and the vetting was less rigorous and ideological. 

I know. And none of them assaulted women likely. I was trying to be glass half full. 

• Love 3

Wow, Fox News took thing out of context. No way, you guys. ? Seriously, Trevor and his people watch stuff like that because some of us don’t want to see it.

Melania being Melania means Trevor can break out his impression, which soothes the brain pain a little.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 4

The Nelson Mandela voice will never get old. 

When I was watching the first Holder clip, I said, "dude you should know better" until they showed the full thing. I still think this is the wrong approach and they should be going with "the adults are back in charge now". When they go low, we say "knock it off and grow up". 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Melania being Melania means Trevor can break out his impression, which soothes the brain pain a little.

Amen. I love his Melania voice.

I think the new correspondent, Jaboukie Young-White, has a lot of potential.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I like him so far. It took me a while to warm up to Ronny and Roy at first but I love them now.

I read about Jaboukie being added and looked up some interviews and his tweets -- it was funny that his first piece was about Trevor being too old and out of touch because that's how I mostly felt watching a bit of his stand-up. Heh.

The tweet has been deleted now so I'm paraphrasing, but a friend of his wrote to congratulate him: "Just a couple of years ago I was sitting on a broke ass couch with you eating chocolate pudding from a food pantry and now you're on The Daily Show." Jaboukie replied, "you can’t have me tearing up like this before i gotta be on camera."

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Wow, Fox News took thing out of context. No way, you guys.

If Fox News didn't take things out of context, they wouldn't be who they are, now would they?

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

The Nelson Mandela voice will never get old. 

Loooove iiiiit!

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

Can we also stop feeling bad for Melania now too? 

Did that a long time ago.

Do not like the new guy. Too pretentious and insufferably know it all. Just like a fucking millennial.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I don't know why that would be deleted. It's funny and cute.

Since I have an extremely dour and pessimistic world view these days, I assumed that the friend started getting racist Twitter blowback and ducked his head down.

• Love 3
On 10/13/2018 at 7:01 AM, peeayebee said:

I liked him immediately. Best correspondent debut since Trevor himself!

• Love 3

Trevor was incredulous when they were calling each other white lady. I liked that they all hazed her so hard at the store when the showed the video. 

Clinton was in a no-win situation there. I mean, we're still talking about 1992? The president was actually impeached over it. I think I would have just declined to answer. 

• Love 6

Nothing warms my cynical heart more than seeing stupid people's behavior replayed to a large crowd laughing at them, then seeing the looks on their faces when they realized they fucked up massively. Which means "Cornerstore Caroline" will soon appear on Fox News as they rehabilitate her image to make her out to be the victim.

Drumpf's now saying he will give Elizabeth Warren $1 million to her choice of charity, if he personally performs her DNA test. Meaning, he a sniveling little coward who's trying to save face and weasel his way out of forking out a million dollars, like he always does. Pay up, orange dingleberry, you lost bigly!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Victor the Crab said:

Drumpf's now saying he will give Elizabeth Warren $1 million to her choice of charity, if he personally performs her DNA test.

What the heck does THAT mean? I wouldn't let him get near me with a 10-ft pole, let alone a 4-inch Q-tip to swab my mouth. He's simply a ridiculous, laughable, ignorant, arrogant, lying egomaniac. I've said it before: the epitome of a terrible person.

However, it looks like her DNA test wasn't all that clearcut. In any case, Trump is still the worst. I love Trevor comparing him to the Kool-Aid Man, breaking thru the walls but deciding not to drink any Kool-Aid.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

Drumpf's now saying he will give Elizabeth Warren $1 million to her choice of charity, if he personally performs her DNA test. Meaning, he a sniveling little coward who's trying to save face and weasel his way out of forking out a million dollars, like he always does. Pay up, orange dingleberry, you lost bigly!

Haven't you learned? If you flip the board and send the pieces everywhere, you cannot lose. "I didn't say that." "We have tape." "Did you see the fine print on the bottom of the screen? I can read it to you. My eyesight is excellent." And all this because Elizabeth Warren claimed to have a bit of tribal DNA in her. Adults. These are adults. I mean, Warren actually is, but still . . 

ETA: You think there's a nickname generator for encountering really uptight white women? Like, you type in the offense and location, and it belches out something funny?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

ETA: You think there's a nickname generator for encountering really uptight white women? Like, you type in the offense and location, and it belches out something funny?

There used to be a Wu Tang name generator so maybe someone will run with it. 

• Love 1

Also, Wolf Blitzer in the MoZ, trying to say “horse face” in a way where the president didn’t actually call a prostitute that. “Horse face. Check online. It still happened? Fuck.”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

He was only on for like 2 minutes. Basically he's saying that the Saudis are trying to come up with a lie so the US government can stick their head in the sand and still sell them weapons. 

• Love 3

Should I hate Tucker Carlson for slagging Elizabeth Warren, or mildly impressed he came up with more than one derogatory nickname?

Tough watching a promising Congressional candidate get little support from the main Democrats. I think the situation in my district is similar, where the votes usually go red. Good stuff from Dulce, though.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Should I hate Tucker Carlson for slagging Elizabeth Warren, or mildly impressed he came up with more than one derogatory nickname?

It depends on how long he took to come up with them, or if the writing staff did. I found him to be really pathetic though. I don't see why they all care so much. 

• Love 2

That was so fun! I hadn't heard the show was going on the road, never mind to Miami ("The closest we could get to Mar-a-Lago"). It was nice to have the larger studio audience.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 4

Good location, crappy timing. I’m guessing Pittsburgh gets covered tonight, between the shooting, the funerals, and other stuff.

Still liking “CP Time.” Roy’s dad lost a leg, but he managed to kill the gator, who went out like a bitch. ? 

ETA: The discarded umbrella had to be Moment of Zen. Only thing missing was that music from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Once again, Desi Lydic's segment basically just annoyed me. I guess I just don't like her style.

Perhaps. But then again, the men she was interviewing were bizarrely weird in their own right (the reporter being an exception). That probably didn't help her.

• Love 1

Trevor's looks always reminded me of a younger Al Jarreau. Sporting a white suit, he even more resembled Al:

"We're in This Love Together" would make for a nice Midterm slogan. :-)

Edited by TVcritic
On 10/31/2018 at 11:18 AM, Ms Lark said:

Maybe they were far enough out to be in International Waters?

They were on the Lake Worth side, which is similar to a lagoon.  The property is on land that has the ocean in front (with A1A between in) and then the "back" is on Lake Worth.  I don't see how they can stop people from using the water, how else are people going to get their boats and get out to sea?  But then again, when he is in town, they shut down A1A completely, and the locals DO NOT LIKE THIS AT ALL. Its a barrier island, one way in, one way out, and its a huge inconvenience to have it closed.  Since he wasn't even there, it probably wasn't an issue.  

Also, how you gonna give Ana Navarro a short segment like that?  Did we really need all that Florida Man dribble?  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 2