Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Outer Darkness

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

How did they switch out the bones? Is Ruth going to take the preacher's baby?

They went out to the family plot and dug some up of their ancestors, then went to the other graves and dug up the bodies and switched them. This way it made it look like the bones they found were of a old forgotten gravesite and the newer ones were safely put in marked Snell family graves which arose no suspicion. They did all this under the cover of night. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

They went out to the family plot and dug some up of their ancestors, then went to the other graves and dug up the bodies and switched them. This way it made it look like the bones they found were of a old forgotten gravesite and the newer ones were safely put in marked Snell family graves which arose no suspicion. They did all this under the cover of night. 

Thanks for the reply. But I thought the FBI already had taken the bones from under the poppy field when they were out there that day?

• Love 8

Totally.

I love how the cartel lawyer is so put upon. It's amazing how the Snells made it this far. Neither of them seem to have much of a shred of strategy, but Darlene can't see past her nose. I laughed when Wendy totally shut her down. 

What happened to 'turn the other cheek' Pastor?

Whoa, Wyatt unloaded!

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2

I thought that's been the case all season. 

On 9/1/2018 at 10:45 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I thought Jonah said a nice eulogy for Buddy. I was surprised at the size of his mausoleum. 

I didn’t expect the last scene. 

Wow that last scene. 

• Love 3

In the age of binge watching, I know it's difficult sometimes to keep straight what happened on which episode, especially when watching a bunch of them over a short course of time. With that in mind, please be careful to only discuss the current (and/or former, if it relates) episode in each episode thread so as not to spoil other posters who haven't seen future episodes. Thanks! Please PM me with any questions.

In regards to the bone switching: We are supposed to believe that the FBI just packed up at 5 pm and went home leaving all that evidence sitting out in the field unattended overnight? Zero chance of that happening.

They should have had someone get to the lab tech. That would have been more believable.

• Love 13
On 9/1/2018 at 9:45 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I thought Jonah said a nice eulogy for Buddy. I was surprised at the size of his mausoleum. 

I didn’t expect the last scene. 

I suspect they will use it for storing something along with Buddy's corpse.

• Love 9

Yeah, I wasn't expecting the last scene.  Wow, that last scene.

I didn't mind the shower scene, as it took on new meaning since Ruth had actually been waterboarded.

Great song choices for this episode.  Especially "Shotgun" with Wendy and Buddy in the car and That Last Scene (Marvin Gaye's "Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)".)  Awesome.

• Love 3
On 9/5/2018 at 10:20 AM, SayMyName said:

In regards to the bone switching: We are supposed to believe that the FBI just packed up at 5 pm and went home leaving all that evidence sitting out in the field unattended overnight? Zero chance of that happening.

They should have had someone get to the lab tech. That would have been more believable.

I noticed that too, along with every piece of every poppy plant being totally annihilated. I've seen burned fields before. They do NOT look like perfectly smooth ground charred black.

• Love 6

Best realization of the season, Agent Petty being put in his place Finally.  He was so sanctimonious with everyone, but got called on his less than by the book tactics.  I loved it, as he expoused his theory on Wilkes, they showed him that investigation can be done by non law enforcement.  And Agent Petty, FBI does not mean you get to intimidate EVERYONE.   It was funny, I would like the cartel to show Agent Petty their influence.  A million maybe billion dollar organization would be able to squash a FBI agent.   How quick did the camera in the interview get turned off?  Bet that tape was destroyed immediately. 

• Love 5
On 9/5/2018 at 1:20 PM, SayMyName said:

That's what I didn't understand either. I thought the ME or someone in the lab was going to be in on it. I thought the bones were already taken in as evidence, not just out in the field.
BTW, I guess TPTB aren't hearing me. I said I was over the Snells! Let's get rid of them already.

On 9/3/2018 at 5:28 PM, ganesh said:

Come on show. "Crying in the shower" scene is so played out. 

At least she didn't do a shower slide down the wall.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The bone switching wasn't clear to me either.  I couldn't get past the idea that the FBI would just leave their evidence lying around while they went home for the night.  Or, for that matter, would they even leave the scene of an active murder investigation unguarded at all?  

ITA about the mausoleum.  As soon as someone commented about how big it was I figured it's going to be a new money-hiding location. 

• Love 3

After the previous episode, when Ruth's waterboarding was over and "Daddy" was leading her away, I thought her prolonged crying was out of character. Like the lawyer said, she's a tough girl, and I doubt she would have broken down like that in front of the others.  The shower scene alone would have been more in line with her tough b!tch front. 

On 10/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, Wouldofshouldof said:

After the previous episode, when Ruth's waterboarding was over and "Daddy" was leading her away, I thought her prolonged crying was out of character. Like the lawyer said, she's a tough girl, and I doubt she would have broken down like that in front of the others.  The shower scene alone would have been more in line with her tough b!tch front. 

It was because she was broke and told what Helen thought was the truth that Ruth made it out alive. Tough or not Ruth was broken at that point.

• Love 1

Buddy's last scene in the car with Wendy -- great acting all around.      

I actually kinda liked Wilkes - and his lawyer - in this episode.  

Maybe I'm a terrible person, but I rolled my eyes a little at Ruth being so fragile the entire episode, with the weeping in the shower and the big sad eyes every time she looked down at the bruises on her arms.  I mean, yes, of course, I get it -- she was water boarded and threatened by the cartel ... but this is also the same person who was plotting to murder Marty in cold blood and deliberately electrocuted her two uncles to death.  

Of course the whole thing with Ruth getting sympathy from Rachel was so Rachel would get super pissed at Petty and eventually tell Marty she was an informant.  I think?   Honestly, I have no idea why Rachel does anything.  The kiss with Marty was kinda hot, though.   

The thing with the bones was so weird -- as everyone else has noted in this thread, how did the FBI not have the bones already secured as evidence?  How were Marty and the Snells able to switch out the bones?  Makes no sense.  

And, as always, shut the hell up Jacob and Darlene Snell.