Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

This sounds like another good episode. Rick of all people should know that banishment won't work and that Justin will be back causing trouble. Maybe he is instrumental in Rick getting killed. I wonder if Maggie poisons the Saviors' food. I hope she did. So Gabriel and Jadis. Ugh, he can do better, but alright. Poor Aaron losing an arm. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

IMBd is not always a super reliable indicator of anything, but McGowan as Justin is listed so far in at least the first five episodes, the fifth being called What Comes After.  Earlier spoilers had suggested Rick would go out in either episode five or six, I think.  Make of that what you will.

Totally did not see Gabriel and Anne/Jadis coming.  I don't really care either way, but I would really like to see at least someone in our group asking "So wait, you used to be a regular honest to goodness assigns homework and takes your class on field trips to the museum teacher?  What was all that monosyllabic garbage diva crap about then?"  I realize we probably won't get that since she wasted her explanation for it on Simon the same episode he was killed, but seriously people.  It's okay to wonder.

• Love 4

I kinda like the Father Gabriel/Anne hookup. 

I can stomach that much more than Carol/Ezekiel because he get on my nerves with his "Kingdom" talk.  Speak regular English, dammit!  Carol does not want to be your "Queen," she wants to be your wife (I think--sounds like she's still on the fence a bit).  Even Jadis/Anne reverted back to regular speaking.

• Love 1
On 08/10/2018 at 6:26 AM, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

Hey OoohMaggie, how are you? It's been a while. Anyway, I thought our fuel was expensive! Yours is outrageous.

Lol, tell me about it, I’ve been sick as a dog for two days, only just managed to watch the show now, how you doin?

Edited by OoohMaggie
18 hours ago, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

Hey OoohMaggie, how are you? It's been a while. Anyway, I thought our fuel was expensive! Yours is outrageous.
https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/Tennessee/Nashville

I think Z-Nation got the idea from the comics. The comic were out first. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Z-Nation is unique on its own with the comedy and ability to change things up with its continuous evolution that makes sense for that show. TWD had a great opening. Jadis is not only a junkyard living minimalist, but is really Anne, a college professor in her other life. Maggie is taking the law into her own hands. Like any good dictator she is killing her rivals, lol. I kid, she had no choice. He should have had a trial, but with the option of death. I'm sure Rick would want to throw him in jail. Gregory had too many chances. It was time to let him hang in the breeze. When I think back on what he did last night, and throughout the series he really was an evil minded individual. Taking advantage of an alcoholic to try to kill Maggie was the last straw for her. Enid almost got killed too. Not to mention Herschel's crying could have attracted walkers and endangered the entire Hilltop clan. RIP Gregory, if there is reincarnation he will come back as an insect since he was a bottom feeder when he left the earth. 

ps OohMaggie,  I feel bad for your gas prices. Maybe your country should look into that algae thing with all the water surrounding the United Kingdom. The future of things to come, algae. 

11 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

We've already got spoilers from TSDF Army for S09.E02 “The Bridge.”   

, FPP and Anne/Jadis?  Did. Not. See that coming.

I mean that's in LOLWUT? territory for me. 

11 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Daryl goes back into rage mode and he fights Justin again. This time he’s using a skillet to beat his ass.

This interests me.  lol

12 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Back at the Hilltop we see Maggie, still a farm girl at heart, outside breaking a horse. Michonne stops by for a visit and informs Maggie that the Sanctuary sent out ethanol last week, but it hasn’t arrived. The Sanctuary trades fuel for food with the Hilltop. Michonne asks Maggie to go ahead and send food over to the Sanctuary. Maggie initially refuses. No fuel. No food.

I cannot stand what they've done to Rick's character/story, and I don't even like his short hair.  Maybe the goal is to make us want him killed off, who knows.  But I really do like the direction Maggie's character is going, and this is honestly the only part that really interests me this season.   But then I remember that she's going away, too.  So I'm less inclined to get invested in this.  Skillet beatings aside.

• Love 3

My friend started texting me about TWD about 5 minutes in so i figured i'd take a look.  I ended up watching the whole episode, not bad.  I will say this they're setting up some Death Anvils for Ezekiel, Carol or both.  Right now, I'm leaning towards Ezekiel dying in the MSF or the January episode.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:19 AM, nodorothyparker said:

Walkers are now everywhere and the group bands together to fight. Rick uses his rifle to shoot a rope that is holding all the logs together. All the logs go spilling into the walkers.

Why are they doing my Rick this way? Suddenly he's a crack shot again? NOW he can shoot so well he can sever a rope across the way that's holding logs together, but in Season 8 he couldn't put nary a bullet in Negan or any of his lieutenants when they were lined up on that Sanctuary balcony like ducks in a row?  I mean....DAYUM!!!!

Now my head hurts.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

For f' sake, the show is still doing the "Rick is just like Negan" bullshit? No wonder the ratings have been sinking like a rock.

What this show won't do to promote Negan...  The question is why?  It's a mystery for the ages.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, SimoneS said:

For f' sake, the show is still doing the "Rick is just like Negan" bullshit? No wonder the ratings have been sinking like a rock.

For real. For real. Say it louder for the people in the back.

• Love 2

Sounds promising,

From Comicbook

The Walking Dead Season Nine will soon see an “intense” face-to-face confrontation between Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and her husband’s murderer, Negan, teases star Jeffrey Dean Morgan

“We were very excited to have the opportunity to work together because other than the initial meet with her in clearing on her knees, I never had the chance to do anything with Lauren,” Morgan told Us.

“These two characters, her especially, have been waiting a long time to have a little one-on-one time. And Negan knows it. Negan knows that she’s been looking for him and he’s waiting on her.”

Maggie has yet to confront Negan since his brutal baseball bat murder of Glenn (Steven Yeun), who Maggie feels has gone unavenged: an 18-months-plus prison sentence isn’t justice, and Maggie has taken issue with Rick Grimes’ (Andrew Lincoln) unilateral decision to spare and jail the villain instead of rightfully executing him.

Whenever and however Maggie and Negan have their encounter, it will be “very intense,” Morgan said. “It’s very emotional. I think the audience is gonna get goosebumps. It’s very heavy.”

“I was sitting there watching and I got chills from just their work,” added showrunner Angela Kang. “I love the writing, but also their performances are so incredible and moving and surprising.”

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/10/12/the-walking-dead-season-9-negan-maggie-scene-jeffey-dean-morgan-lauren-cohan/

• Love 2

I actually do want to see that.  I can wish the show structure hadn't delayed a faceoff between the two a year and a half because there's already criticism that Maggie and Daryl and whoever else objected to keeping Chatty Cathy around as a pet have waited too long, but as long as she's doing the bulk of the talking it's still better late than never. 

• Love 2

The intense confrontation should be her walking down the steps and shooting him in the gut so he can live long enough to hear what she has to say and also know he's going to become a walker, and chained to the gate of Alexandria forever.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peach said:

The intense confrontation should be her walking down the steps and shooting him in the gut so he can live long enough to hear what she has to say and also know he's going to become a walker, and chained to the gate of Alexandria forever.

I would love that.  But, I think, we're gonna be stuck with Negan till he kills the show.  Alas.

Maybe that's how Maggie goes, she tries to kill Negan and gets exiled from the communities, per Michonne's charter.

• Love 2

What’s happened to Maggie’s ‘monster truck’  tractor? As opposed to that little rusty looking thing in the sneak peek.

Instead of waiting for Dozy Daryl to provide some fuel, why doesn’t she just pull the tractor, which is fitted with the plough, using a team of horses? C’mon, Farmgirls are supposed to be one step ahead Lol

• Love 2
10 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Then Daryl would immediately whack Negan and we know that’s never going to be allowed.

I won't be watching whatever happens. I can just picture what someone mentioned above: something about Rick defending Negan (the guy who was going to kill Carl), as maggie tries to kill him, and they both end up dead. Hopefully it won't end up that way. Negan can't kill Rick, either, because you know Michonne would kill him, and as you said, that won't be allowed to happen. 

• Love 1
On 10/7/2018 at 12:31 PM, Persnickety1 said:

That shit is bad ass  :D   

The only thing I don't like about it is that it contains the name Alanna Masterson.

I loathe Tara.  

I get seriously creepy vibes off her.  How has she managed to stay on this show so long? HOW??

On 10/10/2018 at 6:36 PM, Fellaway said:

What this show won't do to promote Negan...  The question is why?  It's a mystery for the ages.

Its not about the show. Its about money. As usual. WHo they want to pay and dont want to pay.

More explicitly,  its about getting the biggest chunk of that money they have for themselves, TPTB. If they can pay people less cheddar, then they can get a bigger cut. THIS is why you dont keep rat-faced rat bastards like  Scott Gimple around, and the rest of TPTB, whos only purpose is to keep sucking more and more milk off that golden gooses's tit  :P

Edited by Butless
  • Love 1

Regarding the Maggie/Negan intense confrontation. The "intense" confrontation will be Maggie sputtering while Negan stares soulfully and woefully into her eyes. He'll be so moved by her loss that he'll whisper a tearful "I'm sorry", which will cause Maggie to melt and forgive Negan for all of his transgressions. Hell, they'll probably even have her tongue-kiss him in the end for good measure...to...you know.... leave no doubt in the audience's mind that all is forgiven and that Negan is (and has always been) a really great guy. Remember, this is the show that has already sacrificed Carl and Rick on the alter of Negan.  I fully expect them to do Maggie the same way.

• Love 2

TSDF Official Summary of Episode 9.3

It’s not the Whisperers. It’s not Dwight. It’s not Morales. It’s not Heath. It’s not the Commonwealth. If you want to know who’s responsible for murdering multiple Saviors, keep reading! Let’s get the spoilers for episode 3 started... Big thanks to Spoiler Sista for all the help!! 

- The episode starts with walkers feeding on someone. The walkers are drawn away. Their fresh kill is reanimating. Surprise! It’s our barely-got-to-know-him pal Justin. As walker Justin stumbles off we see “Final Warning” scrawled on the side of a building. 

- After the intro we see Rick and Michonne. Rick gives Michonne a tender kiss as he leaves for the day. He places his hand over Carl’s handprint. 

- Judith has a cough. Rick and Michonne are going to take her to see Siddiq, but promise her a family fun day. Rick tells Michonne, “I can think of another way to build for the future.” Michonne questions hopefully, “Yeah?” Rick responds “Yeah”. Ooooh someone has babies on the mind! 

- Maggie is taking food over to the Sanctuary. She encounters some Saviors on the road. They are looking for their friends who have disappeared. There’s tension and a Savior named Jed is trying to intimidate Maggie. It’s the ladies (Arat and Laura) who try smoothing things over. 

- Back at Alexandria, the Grimes family visits Siddiq. Afterwards, it’s time for a montage! A family fun day montage! Rick is on all fours and crawls across the floor with Judith. Michonne gives her. staff lessons. There’s a picnic and hide and seek. Rick and Michonne swing Judith as she holds their hands walking down the street. It ends with storytime.

- Scott runs up and gives Michonne the report that Maggie found Justin as a walker, but it doesn’t look like an accident. 

- Justin’s body is brought back to the camp. There’s lots of fighting and a riot nearly ensues. Alden steps in to try to calm things down. Jed punches him. Then Carol steps in with her gun at her hip. Laura also works to try to calm the situation down. Eventually guns are drawn against the Saviors. They grab axes and garden tools in response. Rick comes running in and tells them all to back off. The lady Saviors, now clearly the voice of reason, talk the rest of the male Saviors down and disarm them. 

- Rick asks Father G if he knows where Anne was last night. He says she was with him on watch all night. Rick says to keep an eye on her because some people still don’t trust her. 

- Rick asks Maggie who she thinks killed Justin. He spots Daryl in the distance. He’s heading over to question Daryl. 

- Alden wants guns back for some of the Saviors. He fears their lives are in danger. 

- Father G talks to Anne and we find out he lied to Rick. Gabe left after their “happy fun times”. 

- Rick has a chat with Daryl. He mentions there’s some people that think Daryl killed Justin. There’s a nice moment where Daryl asks, “Why do they get this future? And not Glenn. Or Abraham. Or Sasha.” Rick ends the conversation asking Daryl to try. He reminds him that he once spared the man who left his brother on a rooftop to die. 

- Everyone is in their zones clearing walkers and talking via walkie talkies. Maggie and Cyndie spot a few walkers and report. Rick says he’s on the way and tells Grid 5 to go help as well. There’s walker fighting moments and Rick & Co arrive. Grid 5 never shows up. So they go looking for them. They find one of the Oceanside girls was knocked unconscious. Arat has been taken. Rick tells Carol that Arat was someone they can trust so they are going to find her. 

- Maggie and Daryl have a talk. They are still not where Rick is mentally, but Maggie agrees he’s right for the future. Daryl finds a bolt in a walker and says he knows who took Arat. 

- It’s nighttime and we’re back at the junkyard with Anne. She rummages through some items and finds a metal box. She opens it and we see it’s her walkie. “It’s Jadis. I know you’re in range. I saw the helicopter last night.” There’s a male voice on the other end. “What will you have? An A or a B?” Jadis responds. “What happened last night? Did you take them?” Male voice replies, “No pickups. But the deal stands. We have an A or a B?” Jadis explains that she’s already paid her share. The mysterious voice tells her that she’s already been compensated. She asks what will it take. The voice responds, “An A.” 

- We find out that Father G followed Anne to the junkyard. She admits to him that she has traded people for supplies. She tries to convince him to come with her far away, but he can’t tell anyone. Father G refuses and tells her he has to tell Rick. It’s trouble in paradise as Jadis punches Father G and knocks him out cold. 

- While searching for Arat, Carol & Rick are ambushed by Jed "Log Roller" Savior. He has a knife at Carol's throat while Rick holds him at gunpoint. A few intense words, a head cock from Mr. Grimes, and Carol takes matters into her own hands by way of a knife hidden up her sleeve. She gets out of Jed's grasp and superficially wounds him.

- Daryl and Maggie stumble across a few of the Oceanside ladies holding Arat at gunpoint. It’s explained that Justin killed Beatrice’s husband. Arat killed Cyndie’s brother. Cyndie explains that Arat smiled when she killed him. She says that they went along with Rick’s rules because they thought they had to, until Maggie executed Gregory. Maggie “showed them the way”. So they started picking off Saviors. Arat begs Daryl to help her. Cyndie makes Arat tell them what she said as her brother was begging for his life. “No exceptions,” Arat says. Maggie and Daryl turn around and walk away. Arat is killed. Maggie tells Daryl it’s time for her to see Negan.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I can't wait for this episode. I love that the missing saviors are really dead and Oceanside is behind their deaths. I have always said that I don't mind if regular or my favorite characters get killed as long as there is justice. Since that fucker Negan is never going to be brutally executed as he deserves, I will take some of the other saviors getting what they richly deserve. Cheers to Maggie and Daryl for walking away and leaving them to their fate.

Poor Father Gabriel. Jadis betrays him right after they hook up. I never trusted her. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

So I guess this means Rick really did give the Oceanside women their guns back in the end.  And "Jadis" isn't quite gone after all.

Wow.  What a waste of Zach McGowan to have killed him off already.  But just the previews had me looking forward to this one, and I love that Oceanside figures so prominently in the pushback to the let's all forget about everything that happened in the All Out War and live happily ever after together plan.  I like the acknowledgement of how many deaths that plan requires the people in all the various groups to overlook.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Wow.  What a waste of Zach McGowan to have killed him off already.  

I like Zach McGowan, but after Negan's way too long stay, I am happy to see the quick back of any and all bad guys. 

Aww, Michonne and Judith practicing are so cute.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Guys, her name is literally  'A rat.'   Justice is justice, and Arat was lucky to have gotten a 19 month stay from execution , as it was.  They killed every male from that Oceanside group. Out of all the atrocities that were committed under Negan, that was the worst.

Personally though, I find Oceanside boring af, and it always reminds me of the cranberry juice commercials.

4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Daryl and Maggie stumble across a few of the Oceanside ladies holding Arat at gunpoint. It’s explained that Justin killed Beatrice’s husband. Arat killed Cyndie’s brother. Cyndie explains that Arat smiled when she killed him. She says that they went along with Rick’s rules because they thought they had to, until Maggie executed Gregory. Maggie “showed them the way”. So they started picking off Saviors. Arat begs Daryl to help her. Cyndie makes Arat tell them what she said as her brother was begging for his life. “No exceptions,” Arat says. Maggie and Daryl turn around and walk away. Arat is killed. Maggie tells Daryl it’s time for her to see Negan.

Oh, Lawd! So Maggie has ushered in the "Eye for an Eye" era in the ZA post-war era? I'm starting to see why Rick gets killed and Maggie goes away.

Wow, that's going to be an intense episode! I'm really looking forward to it, too. I knew that Maggie executing Gregory was going to have repercussions; I just didn't figure on them being immediate. Honestly, I don't blame Oceanside at all, and I thought they'd been showing tremendous restraint after the massacre by the Saviors. I have no idea how this is going to turn out, and I love that. The show is running along so well without Negan, and I'm dreading having him back as a central figure. Maybe Maggie will just kill him and we can all be done with it.

I'm disappointed about Jadis. I was one of the few who liked her character. And WTF Father G? You worked so hard to win CDB's trust, and now you throw it away to protect Jadis? Bad call, pal. Bad call.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, maystone said:

I'm disappointed about Jadis. I was one of the few who liked her character. And WTF Father G? You worked so hard to win CDB's trust, and now you throw it away to protect Jadis? Bad call, pal. Bad call.

Well, that BJ must have blown his mind.  

Looks like Maggie and Daryl found the tractor fuel. Now, to be honest, it's been a minute since I lived on a farm. We left the farm when I was still a little girl. Still, I've got to wonder. Is that all the ethanol the Sanctuary made? Those cans don't look like they hold enough fuel to cut a good-sized yard, much less plow the Hilltop's back field. It must be a small field. Otherwise, somebody better plow mighty fast.

Synopsis for 3,4,5,7,8, 6 is obviously the big daddy!

9.03   “Warning Signs”

Rick's vision for the future is threatened by a mysterious disappearance that divides the work camp where the communities are building a bridge.

9.04    “the Obliged”

Rick's vision of a civilized future is threatened by a sudden reckoning with past sins that remain unavenged and unforgiven.

9.05   “What Comes After”

Rick is forced to face the past as he struggles to maintain the safety of the communities and protect the future he and Carl envisioned.

9.06   “Who Are You Now”

9.07   “Stradivarius”

Carol seeks out an old friend living alone in a wilderness teeming with walkers; survivors make the perilous trek to a new home.

9.08   “Evolution”

A small rescue mission braves a dangerous herd in their hunt for a missing comrade, only to discover a surprising threat that could doom them all.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1