Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Four Episode Talk

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ebk57 said:

I don't think I've ever seen De Niro so relaxed on a talk show as he was last night.  He was almost charming.  All credit to Stephen!

I missed a small part of the questions bit of that interview because for some reason, when my area decides to do one of those emergency broadcast tests on TV, they always seem to pick Stephen's show to do it  :/. But yes, the rest of the interview I did get to hear was very entertaining :). And it made me want ice cream :p. 

Also, that tribute Stephen did to that camera man who passed was really sweet and touching. I also liked when he mentioned his father-in-law coming to see a taping of "Colbert Report". It's always lovely to hear him mention his family-the closeness and support and love come through so strongly. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

Every time Stephen does "silence with the guest" it makes me miss Craig Ferguson and his "awkward pause" option to end his interviews.

When DeNiro spoke at the 60 second mark, I have a feeling he knew it was 60 seconds, like from his acting skills. YKWIM?

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm so glad Colbert is back tonight! 

I was too, until I had to sit through 15 minutes of clips of #45 with my finger constantly hitting the MUTE button.

Dammit, Stephen, if I wanted to watch 15 minutes of that **** I could watch Faux News and save the wear and tear on my TV remote. ENOUGH with the clips, please.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I LOL'd at Stephen saying Biden's video made him want to buy a reverse mortgage.

And I'm amused that even somebody like Stephen, who can probably get a lot of cool perks through his job when it comes to seeing movies and such, can still have a crappy movie-going experience :p. 

Edited by Annber03
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I totally agree with Hyacinth B about all the clips of the so called prez.  I can’t stand his face or his voice (tie, hair and anything else that shows) or his stupid insane idiotic lying comments. I do my best to avoid him on the news broadcasts but I don’t want to miss any of Stephen’s snark by fast forwarding.

other than that, love love the show and Stephen.

• Love 10

I could have done w/o all the Avengers stuff and Game of Thrones stuff, I don't watch either and don't care about that.   Stephen was off a whole week there had to be more politics that could have been discussed instead.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

I totally agree with Hyacinth B about all the clips of the so called prez.  I can’t stand his face or his voice (tie, hair and anything else that shows) or his stupid insane idiotic lying comments. I do my best to avoid him on the news broadcasts but I don’t want to miss any of Stephen’s snark by fast forwarding.

other than that, love love the show and Stephen.

Exactly! As if hearing and seeing 10,000 confirmed lies weren't bad enough the first time around, watching them again is even worse. Even watching with the sound off and Closed Captioning on doesn't help, and Comcast's CC in our area is so thoroughly screwed up that it's unusable. Stephen, we love you but there comes a time when even the best humor isn't worth being forced to watch the insanity that inspired it over and over again.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, partofme said:

I could have done w/o all the Avengers stuff and Game of Thrones stuff, I don't watch either and don't care about that.   Stephen was off a whole week there had to be more politics that could have been discussed instead.  

I don't follow either of those things as well but I still didn't mind it. I liked his attempt at a "non-spoiler" discussion of GOT, and that opening segment was cute. I figured he'd likely comment on both just 'cause he's into that kind of stuff and it was a huge week for both things. 

But yeah, hopefully we'll get more good political commentary as the week goes on as well. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, partofme said:

Same here.  I have no interest in superheroes or GoT, or Seth Rogen for that matter, so I deleted from the DVR after the monologue.

• Love 2

Garlic for yeast infections? What the hell happened to drinking cranberry juice? 

I mean...it would be one thing if you were supposed to eat garlic but using another orifice is just stupid.

• Love 3

I've been side-eyeing Van Jones for some time now, but really gave him the side-eye when he spoke at CPAC, the same place where lunatics like Candace Owens were given a platform to spew nonsense and conspiracy theories.

As an aside, I noticed a ton of Bernie supporters in his comments section on YouTube are bashing him (Colbert). 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, ABay said:

Garlic for yeast infections? What the hell happened to drinking cranberry juice? 

I mean...it would be one thing if you were supposed to eat garlic but using another orifice is just stupid.

I'm a little disturbed at how many things were in that list of weird stuff women have put up there :p. Just...why? Same question also applies to the fanny packs for Crocs. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I've been side-eyeing Van Jones for some time now, but really gave him the side-eye when he spoke at CPAC

I've wondered about him since he gushed about 45 becoming 'presidential' after managing to stay on prompter for one mediocre SotU speech.

2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I'm a little disturbed at how many things were in that list of weird stuff women have put up there :p. Just...why?  Same question also applies to the fanny packs for Crocs. 

It sounds like the latest shopping list at Covetton House.

I have those purple Crocs...without fanny packs, of course.

How adorable was it that the cat in the cold open meowed on cue!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, meowmommy said:

It sounds like the latest shopping list at Covetton House.

Ha, I thought the same thing :D. I still remember the segment he did about those eggs. 

As for tonight's episode, first off, go, Senators Hirono and Harris! Loved the monologue on the Barr testimony as a whole. 

Second...*Hands Stephen Moore a shovel* 

• Love 3

On a superficial note, Chris Cuomo is aging like fine wine. He's so good looking! 😍

From start to finish, I enjoyed the interview. Before they started doing push-ups, Cuomo starts to undo his tie, and Colbert, who already took his glasses off, shoots a look at Cuomo and says, "what!?" 😅

I loved all the bromance and it's pretty obvious they have a friendship in real life. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

On a superficial note, Chris Cuomo is aging like fine wine. He's so good looking! 😍

From start to finish, I enjoyed the interview. Before they started doing push-ups, Cuomo starts to undo his tie, and Colbert, who already took his glasses off, shoots a look at Cuomo and says, "what!?" 😅

I loved all the bromance and it's pretty obvious they have a friendship in real life. 

I had only heard the name. After the interview I put Chris' show in the DVR que.  Really interested to see his format.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Agree with this whole post. Their competition was hilarious and fun. They both did far more push-ups than I could probably manage, so...:p. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Agree with this whole post. Their competition was hilarious and fun. They both did far more push-ups than I could probably manage, so...:p. 

Right! I wanted to go to the gym after watching them kill it with the push-ups! 😂

• Love 3

While he was in the middle of doing push ups, maybe Stephen could have asked Chris Cuomo why he keeps having Kellyanne Conway on his show, when it just ends up turning into a shouty freak show, EVERY...SINGLE...TIME!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Ferguson may say he doesn't want to talk about politics, but his monologues were frequently thoughtful and deep, and no one else is doing anything like it. Sure, he had a lot of silly gags, but that wasn't all he did.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

Ferguson may say he doesn't want to talk about politics, but his monologues were frequently thoughtful and deep, and no one else is doing anything like it. Sure, he had a lot of silly gags, but that wasn't all he did.

Agreed. And I think, if and when needed, he definitely would've had a few good, important things to say about the political climate of late. I could easily see him speaking up about the immigration issue, for instance. 

• Love 3

I guess I'm an awful person, because the only time I've ever seen Craig Ferguson was the time he swapped hosting duties with Drew Carey, and when I hear the name, I have to think to differentiate from Craig Kilborn.

Oh, and if you're going to pretend it's a Friday night show, get someone to manage continuity.  Stephen had at least three different suits and ties going.

When Johnny Carson decided he didn't want to work Fridays any more, they just got him a guest host.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I guess I'm an awful person, because the only time I've ever seen Craig Ferguson was the time he swapped hosting duties with Drew Carey, and when I hear the name, I have to think to differentiate from Craig Kilborn

Or you are more sensible and/or less inclined to insomnia than those of us who watched him on TV after midnight.

• Love 3

Loved watching Craig hosting TLLS. He carried that show all on his own with his wit and personality. And he was a talk show host that enjoyed talking to his guests. Craig would have fit right in with other talk shows of the 50s, 60s and 70s. Of course he'd have to cut back on the suggestive language and humor.

• Love 6

I'd love to see Craig back on the air.  I just don't want him to go up against Stephen or Jimmy Kimmel.  I like them both and have a hard enough time deciding who to watch.  These days I'm switching between them like a demon.

• Love 4

SC was hilarious tonight in the opening monologue.
The puzzled looks he and Jon B exchanged re "mountain into a mouse" were great.

And his admittedly silly, not-relevant dancing will surely prevent any accusations of treason ever being lobbed his way. More fun that "Allegedly."

• Love 6

When I saw that first Drumpf tweet on the weekend, I was waiting for Stephen to read it aloud in that Drumpf voice of his. He did not disappoint. Stephen reading those tweets helps sooth the raging ignorance and stupidity Drumpf puts out there.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

When I saw that first Drumpf tweet on the weekend, I was waiting for Stephen to read it aloud in that Drumpf voice of his. He did not disappoint. Stephen reading those tweets helps sooth the raging ignorance and stupidity Drumpf puts out there.

"Dot-dot-dot-dot"

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

When Stephen as Putin said "Boris, come look at this. He thinks it was hoax!" I immediately pictured Boris and Natasha hanging out in Putin's office. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ABay said:

When Stephen as Putin said "Boris, come look at this. He thinks it was hoax!" I immediately pictured Boris and Natasha hanging out in Putin's office. 

I just pictured Boris.

15284121.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Okay, so how is Stephen's entire audience supposed to fit in the theater where Bryan Cranston is performing?  Unless...the show isn't selling well, which I find hard to believe, as everything I've read says it's a sellout.  Unless...LSSC bought all the tickets?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

Okay, so how is Stephen's entire audience supposed to fit in the theater where Bryan Cranston is performing?  Unless...the show isn't selling well, which I find hard to believe, as everything I've read says it's a sellout.  Unless...LSSC bought all the tickets?

I was assuming this was an additional, unscheduled performance, and was thinking Bryan Cranston would keel over from exhaustion, but, now that you mention it, I'm guessing they did save the seats in advance. How very Oprah/Ellen of them.

• Love 4

I flove Veep.  And the very Veep-ish cold open.  I wasn't sure at first if it was taken from the show, but the lack of flaming profanity gave it away.  Stephen's part was strange and actually brought it down.  I'm gonna miss Veep.  Everyone in it is just perfect at what they do.  Having it gone for two years and then back for only a few weeks and gone forever...I'm verklempt. 

I think Reid Scott was the only main cast member who couldn't make it.

Please, Stephen, I know you riff off his blunders and malapropisms, but please stop running so many clips of 45.  My mute button finger's not fast enough to toggle back and forth.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I haven't seen "Veep", but the interview with the cast was fun and makes me want to give it a look :). 

Oh, you have to see it, especially the early seasons.  If you have HBO, you can get the entire series on demand.

• Love 3
Just now, meowmommy said:

Oh, you have to see it, especially the early seasons.  If you have HBO, you can get the entire series on demand.

I do have HBO, so I will definitely look into that :D. Thanks for the tip!

Great episode.

But I am a Cranston fan.

And, of course, humor is subjective, but I personally LOLed over SC pointing out that Denver legalized pot in 2005, and so, of course, when you're imbibing your newly legalized pot, the first thing you would think of is: Let's legalize hallucinogenic 'shrooms! (which Denver just did).

And this was the first time I saw an interview with Keanu Reeves in which he was really engaging (once I got past the hair styling). The clip of his latest flick was awfully CGI'd, but who knew that KR has such a big heart?

And, although heretofore I did not know Santino Fontana, he seems like a nice human being with a great stage presence.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

And this was the first time I saw an interview with Keanu Reeves in which he was really engaging (once I got past the hair styling). The clip of his latest flick was awfully CGI'd, but who knew that KR has such a big heart?

Reeves seems like a genuinely nice, chill guy from all I've heard about him over the years, and this interview just further proved that :).

• Love 6