Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Game Day

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Maybe because I'm spending my day off with the show, but it seems that everyone underestimating Ruth is a theme of the season so far. 

Petty is just way way way too smug. I cannot wait for him to get some. 

• Love 13

In the age of binge watching, I know it's difficult sometimes to keep straight what happened on which episode, especially when watching a bunch of them over a short course of time. With that in mind, please be careful to only discuss the current (and/or former, if it relates) episode in each episode thread so as not to spoil other posters who haven't seen future episodes. Thanks! Please PM me with any questions.

Growing poppies isn't illegal - but the amount they were growing would certainly raise some eyebrows. I guess now they'd have a hard time proving the entire field was poppies and what evidence did remain was contaminated. This one's easily hand-waved, I think.

On 9/3/2018 at 4:33 PM, ganesh said:

Maybe because I'm spending my day off with the show, but it seems that everyone underestimating Ruth is a theme of the season so far. 

Petty is just way way way too smug. I cannot wait for him to get some. 

On 9/18/2018 at 9:37 PM, Eureka said:

One of the best this season so far. But, I hate Petty. I clench my fists and apparently make a face every time he is on the screen. My son just laughs at me.

It is really something that in a show filled with horrible and evil people that the FBI guy is the one that stands out as most repugnant.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/30/2019 at 9:12 AM, MoPett said:

Is the show good? I read some positive reviews on the web. 

I am liking it. I never watched Breaking Bad. I get the impression that it is easier to enjoy Ozark if you don’t compare it to BB. 

The Ruth actress is fantastic. I’ll bet she wins an Oscar during her lifetime.

• Love 5
On 11/7/2018 at 9:53 AM, jnymph said:

What is going on with this Darlene and the baby thing?  Will her and Jacob somehow end up with Mason's baby?  

I really enjoy the Ruth character.   She's got some great lines.  

That baby sitting in the story came to my mind when Darlene had the Sheriff take the boy away.

Back in season 1 Ruth really didn't fear the cartel when her uncles gave the money back, I guess she does now.

This is the second time the Byrde's had witness protection held out for them. They must really like being criminals. Their son is on his way to being mob muscle, perhaps a leader if he survives but I don't think the daughter is smart enough to survive even with her little brother covering her backside.

Uncle Buddy don't give a fuck kill me and take my out of misery is sort of a narrative cop out. The agent of chaos to get them out of the corner the story has written the people into. 

On 1/13/2020 at 8:03 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am liking it. I never watched Breaking Bad. I get the impression that it is easier to enjoy Ozark if you don’t compare it to BB. 

I'm halfway through Season 2, watching with my husband.  BB and Better Call Saul are much, much better.  So much better.  However, Ozark is ok.

• Love 1

Well, it's nice to see someone enjoy themselves on this show for once ... even if it's just Buddy gleefully burning down a poppy field. 🤣

Hey, I kinda liked Ruth's father in tis episode!

The Snells are in their sixties ... why have they waited this long to look into adopting a baby?  They just make no sense whatsoever.  

Did they really have to make Agent Petty this egregiously obnoxious and annoying and unethical as a character?  Just completely over the top.  🙄