Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, poopchute said:

Hmmm well normally I would find a 28 year old marrying a 20 year old to be super weird.  Because normally you are in very different places.  When you're 28 you have usually been working for a decade, you have an established career, you own or rent a home, etc.  When I was 20 years old and in college it would have been totally weird and gross if a 28 year old man approached me and tried to date me, let alone marry me.  But Ryan definitely doesn't act like any 28 year old I've ever known so I guess it's fine!

And he had no problem dating and having sex with Maci when she was still a minor, so. . .. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, druzy said:

That's actually wrong. A number of places have his birthdate listed as January 1989, but it is actually January 1988. Not sure why the confusion, but I know it's 88 because Maci made a big deal about celebrating his 25th birthday with him, and that was in January 2013. So Ryan will be 29 in a few weeks.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/01/04/maci-bookout-ryan-edwards-date-birthday-dinner-hooters-together/

And he had no problem dating and having sex with Maci when she was still a minor, so. . .. 

That still blows my mind. If you can believe Maci, he started hanging around the dirt track trying to get her attention in between her sophomore and junior years, which would have been mid 2007. So, Maci was 15 (almost 16), and Ryan was 19. Ryan must have knocked Maci up shortly after turning 20. I know we make fun of Ryan now, but I swear, he was a decent catch in 2007 (going by looks, job, having his own place, having a 2 year degree/some kind of professional certification- even his personality was better 10 years ago). Why the fuck he was chasing after a girl who wasn't even  old enough to have her driver's license is beyond me. And before anyone suggests sex- Ryan, even NOW, with the crazy, twitchy eyes, sleeping 20 hours a day, unemployed, and having the personality of a baked potato (baked being the key here)- this dude still has no trouble getting laid. I don't believe it was merely sex he was after to pursue such a young girl- I think he actually really cared about her.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

That's actually wrong. A number of places have his birthdate listed as January 1989, but it is actually January 1988. Not sure why the confusion, but I know it's 88 because Maci made a big deal about celebrating his 25th birthday with him, and that was in January 2013. So Ryan will be 29 in a few weeks.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/01/04/maci-bookout-ryan-edwards-date-birthday-dinner-hooters-together/

That still blows my mind. If you can believe Maci, he started hanging around the dirt track trying to get her attention in between her sophomore and junior years, which would have been mid 2007. So, Maci was 15 (almost 16), and Ryan was 19. Ryan must have knocked Maci up shortly after turning 20. I know we make fun of Ryan now, but I swear, he was a decent catch in 2007 (going by looks, job, having his own place, having a 2 year degree/some kind of professional certification- even his personality was better 10 years ago). Why the fuck he was chasing after a girl who wasn't even  old enough to have her driver's license is beyond me. And before anyone suggests sex- Ryan, even NOW, with the crazy, twitchy eyes, sleeping 20 hours a day, unemployed, and having the personality of a baked potato (baked being the key here)- this dude still has no trouble getting laid. I don't believe it was merely sex he was after to pursue such a young girl- I think he actually really cared about her.

I will go as far as to comment there is the possibility Maci was already somewhat experienced in the sack. She was also likely seeking an older guy. I know the law and I know it is specifically clear that it doesn't matter if a minor is consenting, but still, that doesn't mean young people are not seeking companionship that entails having sexual intercourse. Maci was also likely someone who was drinking before she was legally allowed to drink. She strikes me as the kind of girl who tried to act older than she really was in order to garner the attention of a guy who she thought would give her that picket fence fantasy she was always striving for.

Speaking of Ryan, he mentioned on that 100 things about Teen Moms, how he regrets and felt bad for that moment he asked Maci to get out of his truck and check his tire when she was 8 months pregnant.  I liked that.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I will go as far as to comment there is the possibility Maci was already somewhat experienced in the sack. She was also likely seeking an older guy. I know the law and I know it is specifically clear that it doesn't matter if a minor is consenting, but still, that doesn't mean young people are not seeking companionship that entails having sexual intercourse. Maci was also likely someone who was drinking before she was legally allowed to drink. She strikes me as the kind of girl who tried to act older than she really was in order to garner the attention of a guy who she thought would give her that picket fence fantasy she was always striving for.

Speaking of Ryan, he mentioned on that 100 things about Teen Moms, how he regrets and felt bad for that moment he asked Maci to get out of his truck and check his tire when she was 8 months pregnant.  I liked that.

Maci's experience is possible (although she denies that), but surely Ryan could have found a sexually experienced girl his own age. He was an attractive guy making $35-40K a year at age 19, and living in his own place. I mean, really, he was way out of Maci's league. Like, (looks-wise only) we're talking Ryan Reynolds and Alanis disparate here. I think Maci's cute now, but she was pretty plain as a 15-16 year old, and I might go as far to say unattractive.

There are a few scenes in Maci's 16 and Pregnant episode where Ryan seems to actually have some genuine affection for her. I mean, sure, he's mostly aggravated by her, but every once in awhile, a nicer Ryan emerges.

That is nice that Ryan has acknowledged how shitty that was to ask her to get out while she was that heavily pregnant.

• Love 4

My hubby is older than I am. I've seen many relationships with age differences between partners work well. However, I think the Ryan we see now has to date a much younger woman (who is not an old soul or mature for her age). I'm closer to Ryan's age than his girlfriend is. Granted. I'm older than he is. But no way would I have been interested in him as a partner from around age 25 on to now if he was as he is now- a man-child. I think he's hot (minus the crazy eyes) & he looks a lot like my hubby - tall, premature gray, atheletic-esque build, etc. But from age 25 on, I've had no time for any guy who doesn't have a job and whose Mama does all his cooking/cleaning/laundry/etc. No mature, adult woman has time for a healthy, grown man who does that. And I already have two babies - no way do I have time for a third.  If I was single, I may still would jump in the sack with him, but NO WAY would I devote shred of time to a relationship with a man who is almost 30 yet has his Mama basically doing everything for him. I think I even would have seen that at 20/21....that he was looking for a younger Jen to take care of him. He probably had to date younger girls so as to find that. 

Hope me this makes sense.....I had my Fallopian tubes removed yesterday and am on pain medicine that has me a little spacey. But no more "miracle babies" for me (married six years before getting pregnant, then had two babies in less than two years. Maybe if Maci reads here......hey, girl, there's some things you can do to prevent those miracle babies if you're really done.....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 11

I've talked about this here before.  My Mister is four & a half years older than me, and I started seeing him when I was 17.  Thirty years later, here we are, love him to death.  sometimes it works.

• Love 3

I don't really care about the age difference. I'm just still getting over the fact that Ryan's home health aid isn't around 30, because she does not look 20! And it's not in the same overdone/lived too hard way the other girls look old. She just doesn't look 20. Whatever. 

How old is her child? Is she another teen mom?

• Love 10

Maci and her miracle children...When she says she is done I think she means she is done having children with Taylor...If this marriage doesn't work out I'm sure she will have another "miracle child" with the next guy!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I don't really care about the age difference. I'm just still getting over the fact that Ryan's home health aid isn't around 30, because she does not look 20! And it's not in the same overdone/lived too hard way the other girls look old. She just doesn't look 20. Whatever. 

How old is her child? Is she another teen mom?

Not only directed at you, but how many would be saying they didn't care about the age difference if the woman were the older party here? I am just so sick of the hypocrisy, even in almost-2017. Again, a general statement, not directed at you specifically.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not only directed at you, but how many would be saying they didn't care about the age difference if the woman were the older party here? I am just so sick of the hypocrisy, even in almost-2017. Again, a general statement, not directed at you specifically.

it's funny, a relative's husband is three years younger than she is.  At first, she wouldn't even look at him because of that fact!!  Yeah, we still jokingly call her "Cougar" but five years later they're crazy happy & have two kids, so...

51 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I understand. I think part of the reason for the double standard is that women, oft times, seem to be more mature than men of the same age. This is why I almost always dated older (not any more than 6 years, though.) My husband is six years older than I am, and he's STILL pretty immature, if you ask me. Haha! But that's just a personal preference, based on life experience. I don't really care what other people do and if a 28 year old woman and 20 year old dude were happy together, have at it. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Maci and her miracle children...When she says she is done I think she means she is done having children with Taylor...If this marriage doesn't work out I'm sure she will have another "miracle child" with the next guy!

How can she suddenly be so sure she's done having kids? Her spawn bust through pcos, condoms and Bud Lights. How is that now that she has a ring she's able to prevent these miracles??

Frodo was right, the ring does have magical powers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

My hubby is older than I am. I've seen many relationships with age differences between partners work well. However, I think the Ryan we see now has to date a much younger woman (who is not an old soul or mature for her age). I'm closer to Ryan's age than his girlfriend is. Granted. I'm older than he is. But no way would I have been interested in him as a partner from around age 25 on to now if he was as he is now- a man-child. I think he's hot (minus the crazy eyes) & he looks a lot like my hubby - tall, premature gray, atheletic-esque build, etc. But from age 25 on, I've had no time for any guy who doesn't have a job and whose Mama does all his cooking/cleaning/laundry/etc. No mature, adult woman has time for a healthy, grown man who does that. And I already have two babies - no way do I have time for a third.  If I was single, I may still would jump in the sack with him, but NO WAY would I devote shred of time to a relationship with a man who is almost 30 yet has his Mama basically doing everything for him. I think I even would have seen that at 20/21....that he was looking for a younger Jen to take care of him. He probably had to date younger girls so as to find that. 

Hope me this makes sense.....I had my Fallopian tubes removed yesterday and am on pain medicine that has me a little spacey. But no more "miracle babies" for me (married six years before getting pregnant, then had two babies in less than two years. Maybe if Maci reads here......hey, girl, there's some things you can do to prevent those miracle babies if you're really done.....

Totally agree. ChicagoChris at 18-20 would definitely have been into Ryan. ChicagoChris at 25-30 was a college grad, working full time during the day and going to grad school at night. That's also when I became interested in running. No way would I have given a 2nd look at someone like Ryan.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Good vibes for healing to you, MyPeopleAreNordic.

Is there a birthdate for Ryan's girlfriend? She appears older to me.

Well considering she's only 20 and her kid looks at least 2 or 3, I'm guessing yeah, teen mom.  At least he's not Riiiiiine's?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

How can she suddenly be so sure she's done having kids? Her spawn bust through pcos, condoms and Bud Lights. How is that now that she has a ring she's able to prevent these miracles??

Frodo was right, the ring does have magical powers.

Dying here!!

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I understand. I think part of the reason for the double standard is that women, oft times, seem to be more mature than men of the same age. This is why I almost always dated older (not any more than 6 years, though.) My husband is six years older than I am, and he's STILL pretty immature, if you ask me. Haha! But that's just a personal preference, based on life experience. I don't really care what other people do and if a 28 year old woman and 20 year old dude were happy together, have at it. 

I agree. I could care less about who is older.

My husband and I are ten years apart.  People think we are at least 20 years apart. Not because he looks old, but because they don't believe I am the age I tell them. Kinda funny, my husband has been called out for being a cradle robber by some of his co-workers and other buddies. He laughs it off. It is nothing personal. They aren't being rude or crude, just funny. If Matt and Amber had self-control and weren't so damn sensitive, they could have laughed off Simon's pedophile remark and let him know that it was no skin off their nose. Reacting to it just shows they are easily offended and it will be a button that Simon will continue to push.

• Love 3

My ex is 8 years older than I am. We got together when I was 17. 14 years and 2 kids later, we were getting divorced. This was 10 years ago and I still remember every single word of this conversation. It was a particularly difficult and emotional time when he was shocked I really, actually meant it was over-over. For real. 'No go-backs' kind of over. We were on the phone and I just blurted out, "Just answer one thing, one thing! I know you never loved me but I just want to know why you stayed with me- you didn't even like me! So why?!"

He said, and I quote, "because you were young, pretty, and had no baggage. I knew I could mold you into what I wanted." 

Maybe it's just my experience but I've always had the feeling Ryan felt the same about Maci.  Everything fits, even now in real time with Ryan and Maci individually. Everything. I hope I'm wrong though.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I am 5 years older than my husband. :-) We met when he was barely 22 and I was 27. 12 years and 3 kids later...

• Love 2
20 hours ago, MissMel said:

My ex is 8 years older than I am. We got together when I was 17. 14 years and 2 kids later, we were getting divorced. This was 10 years ago and I still remember every single word of this conversation. It was a particularly difficult and emotional time when he was shocked I really, actually meant it was over-over. For real. 'No go-backs' kind of over. We were on the phone and I just blurted out, "Just answer one thing, one thing! I know you never loved me but I just want to know why you stayed with me- you didn't even like me! So why?!"

He said, and I quote, "because you were young, pretty, and had no baggage. I knew I could mold you into what I wanted." 

Maybe it's just my experience but I've always had the feeling Ryan felt the same about Maci.  Everything fits, even now in real time with Ryan and Maci individually. Everything. I hope I'm wrong though.  

Sounds very plausible. I think that might have been part of it with Ryan.

First, I think he went for Maci because she was likely someone who wasn't hesitant to have sex. Second, her being a young girl, Ryan likely viewed the situation as just being fun. She was the girl he can share Bud Lights with, go dirt bike riding with her, and then he can have sex with her later. He may have had some sort of feelings for her, but the feelings weren't enough for him to want to spend the rest of his life with her, or anyone else for that matter. He was immature and wanted to have fun. Nothing wrong with that, but always wear protection. He wanted the fun Maci, not the white picket fence Maci who now came with baggage. I hate to put it in those terms, but that is how Ryan seemed to come off towards her. He came off as if she fucked up in the pregnancy department.

• Love 9

I was trying to find the girlfriend's true age because I remember reading her LinkedIn before she took it down. Found an old FB page. Look who she has a picture with:

http://imgur.com/FVBsgsK

Maci. 

The girlfriend has a failed wedding registry from 3 years ago. She's not 20/21. She's older. Wish I saved her original LinkedIn.   She's most likely Maci's age? Since pics show them partying years ago  

https://registry.theknot.com/mackenzie-standifer-zachary-stephens-september-2013/5629420

edit :

marriage license http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/9/16/259222/New-Hamilton-County-Marriage-Licenses.aspx

doubt she got it at 17/18. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3

I found this gem on a throwback picture.  They partied pretty hard pre-Bentley (no judgement, I did too in highschool) but it explains why Ryan might overlook her age. She was fun to hang out with, and was into sports. What more does a 19 year old guy want? Certainly not a baby, sleepless nights and a wife. 

IMG_2383.PNG

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I was trying to find the girlfriend's true age because I remember reading her LinkedIn before she took it down. Found an old FB page. Look who she has a picture with:

http://imgur.com/FVBsgsK

Maci. 

The girlfriend has a failed wedding registry from 3 years ago. She's not 20/21. She's older. Wish I saved her original LinkedIn.   She's most likely Maci's age? Since pics show them partying years ago  

https://registry.theknot.com/mackenzie-standifer-zachary-stephens-september-2013/5629420

edit :

marriage license http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/9/16/259222/New-Hamilton-County-Marriage-Licenses.aspx

doubt she got it at 17/18. 

I'm not totally convinced that's the same person. The "Brooke" girl spells her name differently )McKenzie vs Mackenzie) and, to me, doesn't have the same nose, chin, or facial structure. But I still don't buy Ryan's fiancee as being a mere 20. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, eightoclock said:

Mackenzie and Zachary were married 9/14/13. There are some pictures on his facebook from 2012 that look to be from prom.  His birthday is 9/5/95.

Odd timing, but if this is the right McKenzie, she would have been 17 on her wedding day, and also still in high school.

I looked it up, and as recent as 2008, one could enter kindergarten in the state of TN at age 4 as long as they turned 5 by 9/30 (this changed to 8/15 a few years ago). So this guy could have been out of high school at this point. She wouldn't have been though, if her birthday is late enough in 1995 that she wasn't 21 even a few weeks ago.

I agree Ryan's girlfriend has led a hard life if she's indeed only 20, but that tweet does not make any sense unless she's under 21. Unless of course that tweet isn't really from her.

38 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I don't understand why someone would get married at 17?  You can't even drive after midnight here at 17.  

I live in an area where teen marriage, and teen pregnancies, are higher than the national average. There seems to be the idea that getting married is the only way to get out of your parents' house. Only a small percentage of kids go on to college. Of course, most of these kids are just playing house. They think it's fun to be "on their own" with their permanent boyfriend and enjoy picking out towels, cooking meals, and having their friends over all the time. Their expectations are far from realistic-which is also why our divorce rate is higher than average. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I don't understand why someone would get married at 17?  You can't even drive after midnight here at 17.  

Parents worried about how they look in their small town force their teens into shotgun marriages. 

She went to a private Christian high school. 

• Love 2

Yeah, Ryan's nurse/fiance has a young child. I think we can speculate this kid likely prompted her 2013 marriage, if that registry is indeed hers.

I'll give her credit though for finding a career path with decent pay right off the bat. She seems like a smart, hard working girl. Clearly she has shitty taste in men, but everyone has their flaws.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I live in an area where teen marriage, and teen pregnancies, are higher than the national average. There seems to be the idea that getting married is the only way to get out of your parents' house. Only a small percentage of kids go on to college. Of course, most of these kids are just playing house. They think it's fun to be "on their own" with their permanent boyfriend and enjoy picking out towels, cooking meals, and having their friends over all the time. Their expectations are far from realistic-which is also why our divorce rate is higher than average. 

I guess I'm not sure how a 17 year old runs a household.  On what income?  I don't see how you can pay a mortgage while you're in high school 35 hours a week.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I guess I'm not sure how a 17 year old runs a household.  On what income?  I don't see how you can pay a mortgage while you're in high school 35 hours a week.

Well, they're probably living in mom and dad's basement, or, in the more upper class, mom and dad's extra rental house.

• Love 6

4 years ago, my husband's cousin married at 16, moved into her in-laws' trailer, dropped out of school, still doesn't have her driving licence, never had a job, desperately trying to get pregnant, AND her parents had to sign for all this shit to happen! No fucking way in our house. Our daughter is 17 on the 2nd of January. She just aced her ACT test, never been on a date, doesn't care, lol, and can't decide whether she likes boys or girls. I couldn't be happier. :-)

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

My aunt wanted her girls out of the house by the time they were 18 so she taught them the way to achieve this was to get knocked up and married ASAP. They all did and not one of those couples were together two years.

Edited by Willowsmom
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

Well, they're probably living in mom and dad's basement, or, in the more upper class, mom and dad's extra rental house.

Someone said that people get married at 17 to get out of their parents' house and that's where I got confused.

• Love 4

Think of this whole franchise. Leah and Corey lived in a crappy place, as did Gary and Amber. Some stayed at home because the boyfriends had no interest. Some married, some didn't. All had either idealized ideas of marriage and babies, or were just unsafe. 

Anyway, weird that Ryan is marrying a gal who was a teen mom (and pretty recently). Let's hope she LIKES cats. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MissMel said:

Wait, does Maci run that Facebook fan page? Did she post that or was it posted by the group? Whoever it is could probably use some "two sense" of their own.  

Going by the tweet, Gary referenced Maci's FB account in his comment. It looks to be a  page that she has for her minions.

Edited by GreatKazu
13 hours ago, poopchute said:

I guess I'm not sure how a 17 year old runs a household.

On what income?  

I ran a household at 17. Granted, I wasn't married, but I was still paying my rent, utilities, grocery bill, car payment, and insurance. I graduated from high school at 16 and, at that time, moved to another state to attend college in Nashville. I had my own apartment before I could vote. 

On what income? Income from just about any kind of service-industry job: cashier, mall stores, fast food, waitressing, etc. And then you get into factory jobs (some of which only have an age min of 16). 

If you have kids then factor in government assistance: Section 8, TANF, FHA loans for houses, Food Stamps, and income-based housing. 

I don't see how you can pay a mortgage while you're in high school 35 hours a week.

Many drop out of school. Some get their GEDS. Or some have people like my mother help them. My mother's entire job is to go around to teenagers who aren't in school, mostly for pregnancy or "anxiety", and teach them. She is paid by the state. 

And I was talking about where I live, which is a low income area. In these areas, more people rent than own. Own is something you gradually work up to. My mother, for instance is 67 years old and never owned her own home until 6 years ago. You can easily find places to rent for less than $500 a month here. Cost of living is not excessive in the Chattanooga area, and I would wager to say that Cate and Tyler's area is not excessive either. Our mortgage is only $550 a month-and that includes taxes and home insurance. These are not people working high end jobs and owning $200,000 - 300,0000 homes-what I am talking about are 18 year old married kids, living in  crappy apartments or single-wides, and working barely above minimum wage. Our friends down the road married at 16 and lived in a trailer in her mother's backyard while he worked on cars during the day and she babysat. 

They want out bad enough and don't see college as an option, they'll find a way. One of those cable channels actually did a documentary about my county and the high teen pregnancy and marriage rate. 

• Love 7