Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I wonder who comes up with Oliver’s new persona? As long as it’s not NTA. Or Diggle. Or Black Siren.  Basically I’m saying it better be Felicity.

In Oliver's absence - and Team Arrow's FBI-imposed ban from vigilantism - a new Green Arrow has risen up to protect the city, and Amell promised that "Oliver runs into the new Green Arrow’s exploits pretty quickly. But coming out of prison, he gets asked that specific question very early on like, 'What are you going to do?' and he says, 'I’m going to try and do what you guys did, which is just find a different way to help the city.' We come up with that idea pretty quickly, but I think one of the fun things is it’s not Oliver who comes up with it."

Also it looks Diaz is not only going to live another day, it sounds like he’s also going to come back and hurt someone:

Despite Diaz's many attempts to kill Oliver's loved ones, Oliver chooses to leave the villain alive in jail in episode 7, and Amell said that decision "is going to have an incredibly impactful moment on another person that he’s very close with. I don’t know if he’ll come to regret the decision, actually. Probably. Maybe that’s part of the new Oliver post-prison, is those are the decisions that he has to live with, even if ultimately the best thing to do would’ve been to not leave him alive. We shall see."

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/11/27/arrow-oliver-out-of-prison-diaz-spoilers-season-7-episode-slabside-redemption

2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I wonder who comes up with Oliver’s new persona? As long as it’s not NTA. Or Diggle. Or Black Siren.  Basically I’m saying it better be Felicity.

Also it looks Diaz is not only going to live another day, it sounds like he’s also going to come back and hurt someone:

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/11/27/arrow-oliver-out-of-prison-diaz-spoilers-season-7-episode-slabside-redemption

I think we all know that itll either be Felicity or Curtis who come up with Olivers new persona. The writers arent that surprising.

Despite Diaz's many attempts to kill Oliver's loved ones, Oliver chooses to leave the villain alive in jail in episode 7, and Amell said that decision "is going to have an incredibly impactful moment on another person that he’s very close with. I don’t know if he’ll come to regret the decision, actually.

LOL. Damn.

5 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Despite Diaz's many attempts to kill Oliver's loved ones, Oliver chooses to leave the villain alive in jail in episode 7, and Amell said that decision "is going to have an incredibly impactful moment on another person that he’s very close with. I don’t know if he’ll come to regret the decision, actually. Probably. Maybe that’s part of the new Oliver post-prison, is those are the decisions that he has to live with, even if ultimately the best thing to do would’ve been to not leave him alive. We shall see."

Since Stan survived and this comment by Amell I'm putting my money (sadly) on Lyla being Diaz's kill (screw you show!).

• Love 4

Despite Diaz's many attempts to kill Oliver's loved ones, Oliver chooses to leave the villain alive in jail in episode 7, and Amell said that decision "is going to have an incredibly impactful moment on another person that he’s very close with. I don’t know if he’ll come to regret the decision, actually.

Doesn't sound like he's talking about Felicity here. I wonder who he's gonna hurt. 

Didn't KA say he was going to kill one of fandom's faves soon? Unless he was just being his usual troll self.

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Didn't KA say he was going to kill one of fandom's faves soon? Unless he was just being his usual troll self.

He did! Based on his twitter tonight he seems to read the Arrow hashtag, so maybe he knows who and who is not considered a fan favorite. Given Stephen's casualness about it, it can't be Felicity, and there aren't any fan favorites left to injure apart from Lyla. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Trisha said:

“We do work it out pretty quickly.” Yassss! From TV Line:

https://tvline.com/2018/11/26/arrow-recap-season-7-episode-7-oliver-felicity-reunion/

That's made the wait for next week sooooo much more tolerable.  

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Since Stan survived and this comment by Amell I'm putting my money (sadly) on Lyla being Diaz's kill (screw you show!).

If they do, I can't help but shake my fist at Diggle and say he should have been working harder with Felicity to take him down permanently and as a top priority. 

If they kill Lyla, I wonder if Diggle gets promoted?

Back to the question of whether to kill Diaz or not, in this case, it made sure Oliver walked out a free man, so keeping him alive had it's perks.  But I think after he was all legally free of any other obligations, then I'd like Oliver or anyone really to arrange for Diaz to slip and break his neck in the shower.  This dude needs to be put down.  

• Love 4
Just now, apinknightmare said:

He did! Based on his twitter tonight he seems to read the Arrow hashtag, so maybe he knows who and who is not considered a fan favorite. Given Stephen's casualness about it, it can't be Felicity, and there aren't any fan favorites left to injure apart from Lyla. 

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Lyla. If only because I feel like something needs to happen to shake Diggle out of whatever dumbass he's being recently.

If Diaz does kill Lyla, you know Diggle's suddenly going to become 100 % all about going after Diaz, screw ARGUS rules, expect Felicity to 100% back his plays.

That being said, I really hope Diaz doesn't kill Lyla. I'll happily claim NTA as a collective favorite and offer them up in her place. 3 for 1! 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Lyla. If only because I feel like something needs to happen to shake Diggle out of whatever dumbass he's being recently.

I'd really hate to lose Lyla.  I want Diggle to wake up without it having to go that far.  But at least if Lyla dies, he can't put the blame on Oliver.  Oliver gave up his whole life trying to take down Diaz and then left him already in jail.  Diggle would have approved of leaving him in the hands of the law.  So at least he can't rant and rail at Oliver.  Me repeating myself I think is a sign of worry that Diggle WILL somehow blame Oliver.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I'd really hate to lose Lyla.  I want Diggle to wake up without it having to go that far.  But at least if Lyla dies, he can't put the blame on Oliver.  Oliver gave up his whole life trying to take down Diaz and then left him already in jail.  Diggle would have approved of leaving him in the hands of the law.  So at least he can't rant and rail at Oliver.  

You never know... especially if we get 617 Diggle again... 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I would actually be surprised if Lyla died and Oliver wouldnt even regret the decision not to kill Diaz? 

And Felicity too but of course in the moment, it all made perfect sense to let him live.  Regretting letting him live is different than doing something that that later Diggle could reasonably blame them for.  I mean, then he'd have to start being pissed at the Noobs again for spiting them up in the first place when Diaz started up as a threat.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I would actually be surprised if Lyla died and Oliver wouldnt even regret the decision not to kill Diaz? 

The answer doesn't really sound that great regardless of who actually gets hurt/dies if it's someone close to him. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'd really hate to lose Lyla.  I want Diggle to wake up without it having to go that far.  But at least if Lyla dies, he can't put the blame on Oliver.  Oliver gave up his whole life trying to take down Diaz and then left him already in jail.  Diggle would have approved of leaving him in the hands of the law.  So at least he can't rant and rail at Oliver.  Me repeating myself I think is a sign of worry that Diggle WILL somehow blame Oliver.  

If Lyla dies he will totally blame Oliver. 

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

And Felicity too but of course in the moment, it all made perfect sense to let him live.  Regretting letting him live is different than doing something that that later Diggle could reasonably blame them for.   

Not to mention that Diggle has been Mr. Law and Order this season. He couldn't reasonably blame Oliver (or Felicity) for not killing Diaz when they had the chance. Especially since apprehending Diaz wasn't even a priority for him

That said, I absolutely do not want Lyla to die. But if it's Curtis, have at it, Diaz!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Not to mention that Diggle has been Mr. Law and Order this season. He couldn't reasonably blame Oliver (or Felicity) for not killing Diaz when they had the chance. Especially since apprehending Diaz wasn't even a priority for him

That said, I absolutely do not want Lyla to die. But if it's Curtis, have at it, Diaz!

Didnt Diggle let Diaz get away also ...

10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

It's like saying Black Siren should regret not letting Felicity kill Diaz. 

1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

Hey, they find out what the painting stuff is next week, so at that point Curtis served his purpose of introducing what's likely the Ninth Circle via that secret searching he did. 

• Love 2

Lyla is about the only person on the show I care about aside from OTA. Unless Diaz goes after Thea in off-screenville. Curses, KA, you may get me with this one. You're still below a sub-par villain and a terrible actor though so, I guess we're all losers if this pans out. 

• Love 1

If Diaz kills Lyla, shouldn't Diggle kinda blame himself though? This guy hasn't considered Diaz a priority this whole season so far and has dismissed Felicity's urgency in getting him. That would definitely turn the tables a bit, IMO.

I'd love it if he killed Curtis though but he's neither a fan fave or someone very close to Oliver so...IDK.

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If Diaz kills Lyla, shouldn't Diggle kinda blame himself though? This guy hasn't considered Diaz a priority this whole season so far and has dismissed Felicity's urgency in getting him. That would definitely turn the tables a bit, IMO.

I'd love it if he killed Curtis though but he's neither a fan fave or someone very close to Oliver so...IDK.

Don't forget he was screaming at Felicity to disconnect the train. If his wife is dead it's on him. 

That said there is something very ugly about a kickass woman like Lyla dying at Diaz's hand. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Don't forget he was screaming at Felicity to disconnect the train. If his wife is dead it's on him. 

That said there is something very ugly about a kickass woman like Lyla dying at Diaz's hand. 

Yeah, I don't want Lyla to die at all. I like her, I think she gels well with the cast too. Plus killing her when she's not even a series regular is a copout when the show seriously needs to get rid of some of these other characters. 

23 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I dont put anything past these people, their reality is not our reality half the time.

True. And the blasé attitude about the whole thing would match it being E2 Laurel - I don't think Oliver would care all that much if she got injured. 

15 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

i mean why would Diaz care though to attack Laurel.

She "betrayed" him.  He's also all mad that Felicity fought back and Oliver wouldn't just let him control the city.  He feels victimized over some odd things.   

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

watch it be someone like that cop Curtis is dating. LOL

He did post a BTS picture the other day where it looked like he was wired up to a bomb. 

Good lord the last thing we need is Diaz killing Curtis's boyfriend. He'll be whiny x 100000000000000

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why would he care to attack anyone who isnt Felicity/William? At least Laurel got to stick one to him with trading his freedom for Olivers and she betrayed him.

He could easily blow her cover and turn the city against her. But did she actually help ... since he wanted to get to Oliver.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

He did post a BTS picture the other day where it looked like he was wired up to a bomb. 

Good lord the last thing we need is Diaz killing Curtis's boyfriend. He'll be whiny x 100000000000000

This is what will make Curtis become Mr.Terrific again lol. 7B will be about him crying over his new boyfriend and complaining about his divorce.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Does Diaz even know he exists.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

He could easily blow her cover and turn the city against her. But did she actually help ... since he wanted to get to Oliver.

He'd have to have some kind of proof to blow her cover and I think they'd probably choose her word over his (and she'd probably have TA back her up). With how tonight went he could've gotten to Oliver whenever but he still ended  up losing everything. 

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

True. And the blasé attitude about the whole thing would match it being E2 Laurel - I don't think Oliver would care all that much if she got injured. 

I think he would feel bad for approximately 10 seconds and then go back to not caring about her at all.

If Diaz was smart (stop laughing!), he wouldn't kill Laurel. He'd expose her as the fraud she is. A deal with the feds made by a fake DA would have no validity. He should be charged for all his crimes at Slabside, but arguing that he never would have been there if not for Laurel's fraudulent actions is an actual legal argument that's far stronger than the one Laurel tried to make last week. And this way Laurel could get a comeuppance that would be the basis for a true redemption arc.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Does Diaz even know he exists.

Probably not, but Stephen didn't say that Diaz specifically targeted whoever this person is, just that the decision to leave him alive impacts someone close to Oliver. Which, if Diaz was off doing villainous stuff and killed the cop who happens to be Curtis's boyfriend - that would qualify.

• Love 2