Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Wow, they're really going for it aren't they? A truly brilliant legal mind, getting a full education from two law books LOL. 

Also, Felicity - girl, you are running out of surprising sources to run to!

On 10/30/2018 at 8:00 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Maybe Laurel opens the right law book and finds another loophole to get him out lol.

giphy.gif

She probably will be the one to get Oliver released which is hilarious and dumb. 

Edited by Guest
Just now, way2interested said:

If she is, she does a pretty bad job since he gets into a massive prison fight just a week later XD

I mean, I hope that's not what happens because I think it's ridiculous and dumb and I hoped Beth was better than that, but still. It could easily be linked. BS gets the ball rolling and then whatever happens in 707 helps? IDK. 

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If she helped get him released then he wouldn't still be in prison to get into a prison fight. So, she would've done a bad job of it.

Yeah in that case. Though who knows how close to reality they will attempt to go with this. If she were able to step in and get him released within a day that'd be....well it'd still be Arrow but I see them doing a brief court scene before he gets released.

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah in that case. Though who knows how close to reality they will attempt to go with this. If she were able to step in and get him released within a day that'd be....well it'd still be Arrow but I see them doing a brief court scene before he gets released.

I'm pretty sure OP wasn't being serious - given the XD at the end of their comment.

24 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Also, Felicity - girl, you are running out of surprising sources to run to!

Seriously. As soon as I read that, I wondered who's left for her to go to?

Also, it cracked me up that the episode title is "Due Process," because Laurel probably can't even explain what that is or which amendments guarantee it. But if her help gets Oliver a step closer to sexy times with Felicity, fine.

• Love 5

The real WTF is HOW BS is able to step in to help. SHE IS NOT A LAWYER. Is everyone forgetting this? Did Beth and the writers?! The stupid burns! They're really expecting us to believe that BS can magically pretend to be LL with no problems and she can magically be a great DA.

I'm gonna laugh.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

The real WTF is HOW BS is able to step in to help. SHE IS NOT A LAWYER. Is everyone forgetting this? Did Beth and the writers?!

I really want this addressed - it bugs me. Retcon that she went to law school on E2 if you have to in order to close that plot hole. I thought her story was going to be a kind of fun one about her stumbling through pretending and failing some, but it doesn't seem like that's what they're going to do. Especially since Dinah didn't mention it and she should be more concerned about that than anyone considering Laurel's putting away the criminals she catches. But given Katie's answer about it at a con - that she's just a great actress - makes me think it's just not ever going to be addressed. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

But if her help gets Oliver a step closer to sexy times with Felicity, fine.

Good point! As silly as the idea of her help is, there’s something incredibly delicious about Fake Laurel being the one to put the Olicity reunion in motion. 

9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The real WTF is HOW BS is able to step in to help. SHE IS NOT A LAWYER.

Even if she was a lawyer, the local DA can't do anything to get Oliver out of his deal with the feds except possibly be a character witness. But I guess that's a small thing for the show to overlook when they're already letting Laurel perpetuate a fraud upon the bar. Le sigh.

Good point! As silly as the idea of her help is, there’s something incredibly delicious about Fake Laurel being the one to put the Olicity reunion in motion.

Maybe they can name their daughter Laurel Dinah Siren Queen as a thank you.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I really want this addressed - it bugs me. Retcon that she went to law school on E2 if you have to in order to close that plot hole. I thought her story was going to be a kind of fun one about her stumbling through pretending and failing some, but it doesn't seem like that's what they're going to do. Especially since Dinah didn't mention it and she should be more concerned about that than anyone considering Laurel's putting away the criminals she catches. But given Katie's answer about it at a con - that she's just a great actress - makes me think it's just not ever going to be addressed. 

Yeah, I was hoping she'd mess up but she's just gonna be like E1 Laurel. How dull.

The whole thing is dumb. Even retconning her going to law school on E2 would be stupid. I mean, they went to such trouble to say she read that one law book back in S6. ? 

Just now, Angel12d said:

The whole thing is dumb. Even retconning her going to law school on E2 would be stupid. I mean, they went to such trouble to say she read that one law book back in S6. ? 

It would be stupid, but easily explained by her just being a liar. And it would make somewhat more sense that she presented an idea to the DA that he hadn't thought of yet (for some reason). 

I'm hoping that her flexing her muscles as DA simply involves throwing around her status at people and using her name and the very simplest of legal concepts to do whatever it is she's gonna do for Oliver. 

You know what would be interesting, if Felicity blackmails her to do something. The way FS has been with her laser focus on Diaz and getting Oliver out, I can see it. But it could also be something like Diggle comes up with a loop hole, and needs her help. They could make it so it's someone else's plan but she has to be part of it because of her status.

I really want to know if BS has done any work as DA since she took the job. If not, I want someone to bring that up when she does whatever she does in 706. “So, you’re intervening where you shouldn’t and it somehow (maybe) works, but you have piles of work you haven’t done in the past X months ...”

• Love 1
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I really want to know if BS has done any work as DA since she took the job. 

She has. She mentioned to Dinah that she needed more time on a case in episode 2, and it kinda seemed like Dinah went to her asking for status on various cases from time to time. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

She has. She mentioned to Dinah that she needed more time on a case in episode 2, and it kinda seemed like Dinah went to her asking for status on various cases from time to time. 

But has she just said she needs more time with every one? because I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case. 

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

But has she just said she needs more time with every one? because I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case. 

I don't know - if she had I feel like Dinah would've had a snarky retort about it? I think if they had planned at all to address her pretending they would've done it in her scenes with Dinah. 

56 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The real WTF is HOW BS is able to step in to help. SHE IS NOT A LAWYER. Is everyone forgetting this? Did Beth and the writers?! The stupid burns! They're really expecting us to believe that BS can magically pretend to be LL with no problems and she can magically be a great DA.

I'm gonna laugh.

It wouldn't surprise me if BS flexing her DA muscles is her telling her peeps, "Figure something out!"

• Love 4

She may be acting in a managerial fashion, giving all the ADAs the cases and giving them vague answers when they come for advice.  If she hasn't actually done any work herself, but has just handed it off and then hidden in the office playing Candy Crush it would help make this insanity believable.  But we still need to see it because they're making it seem like she's actually doing the work that the District Attorney is required to do an there's no way she can pull it off.  Even if Laurel had been kidnapped for two years before escaping it wouldn't be believable (she'd need time to be in therapy and readjust to not being held captive) but at least Laurel had a law degree and experience working in the DA's office.  She was a terrible lawyer but she understood the words when she read the books.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

If she hasn't actually done any work herself, but has just handed it off and then hidden in the office playing Candy Crush it would help make this insanity believable.  But we still need to see it because they're making it seem like she's actually doing the work that the District Attorney is required to do an there's no way she can pull it off. 

I can hand wave a lot of things on this show, and I don't always require things to be super realistic on here. It's fine, whatever. But if you're going to have a show that involves vigilantes putting away criminals, with a major character who's police captain, I fully expect those people to be very serious about securing convictions that stick for the people they put away and I don't believe for one second that they would ever just let something like this slide, LOL.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I can hand wave a lot of things on this show, and I don't always require things to be super realistic on here. It's fine, whatever. But if you're going to have a show that involves vigilantes putting away criminals, with a major character who's police captain, I fully expect those people to be very serious about securing convictions that stick for the people they put away and I don't believe for one second that they would ever just let something like this slide, LOL.

Well Stanley did talk about there not being real justice in Star City anymore.  He claims he was wrongly convicted.  Maybe she's going the other way, super tough on convictions...maybe even making up evidence to make it happen?  

On a separate but related note, if the murdered guard isn't only in lv 2, anyone else get the feeling Stanely will turn out to be the one that killed him?

• Love 1

Laurel (Katie Cassidy) flexes her muscles as the District Attorney.

As she lugs around two law books?

5 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe she finds a note from Quentin sticking out of the law book she needs: "Not my daughter, in case Oliver goes to prison and I'm dead, please read this book. It'll help." 

?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Episode 6  is that episode we got BTS pic of Diggle, Curtis and Felity with the director. But then it was quickly deleted.

Right, and they were in Argus. Maybe the surprising source this time is Argus/Diggle actually helping out this time, to wrap that pseudo rift up before the midseason.

• Love 1

It was also during shooting 706 that SA tweeted that he met Katherine McNamara (I believe)...

-- On Sep. 21, 2018, SA tweeted: "Met @Kat_McNamara on Monday. She seems lovely. Welcome to the family!!" (SA tweet, page 4 of Spoilers thread)

That Monday was Sep. 17, and 706's shooting schedule was Sep. 5-18.

Edited by tv echo

I don't know if this means anything or not (from JB panel at Alamo City Comic Con on Oct. 28)...

john barrowman panel 2018 ACCC too funny!(1)
Published on Oct 28, 2018, by teufels kind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJg-QjRXYXk

-- JB (pointing to his brown hair): "This hair color is wrong, right? This is Malcolm Merlyn hair color. Spoiler alert! I'm totally gray, okay?"

Edited by tv echo
8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Well Stanley did talk about there not being real justice in Star City anymore.  He claims he was wrongly convicted.  Maybe she's going the other way, super tough on convictions...maybe even making up evidence to make it happen? 

The thought of this murderess –– who has paid for none of her crimes –– prosecuting people who don't have the good fortune of evading their crimes because they look just like the formerly "dead" DA  is more than I can take. Everything about this plot point is so stupid. If the way KC gets through it is by pretending she's the mayor instead, I can't even blame her.

• Love 14

Sneak peak for next week's episode. (On a Friday night? Whaaaa?)

I love Felicity so much. I love that she got to say so much of what we've been saying. And I'm going to be really sad when she regains all the fucks that she's currently fresh out of.

• Love 9

I...actually didn't hate that at all! SHOOK. ?

Also yay at Felicity saying she's not a real lawyer! Or E1 Laurel! They did something right. Wow. ?

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I'm so pleased. I was really worried they were going to sweep it under the rug. Whew. 

Same. I'm glad. I feel like they sometimes need to remind people she's not the real Laurel. Haha.

Also I did not hate the banter in that clip at all. It worked. Now we really are on Earth 2. ?

I love the scene but why would Felicity need to lie and say they were sorority sisters? E1 Laurel (who I assume the security detail think BS is) and Felicity were publically friends and even if not, Felicity's married to the Green Arrow and Laurel was the Black Canary so I'd think the SCPD would assume there was some association. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I love the scene but why would Felicity need to lie and say they were sorority sisters? E1 Laurel (who I assume the security detail think BS is) and Felicity were publically friends and even if not, Felicity's married to the Green Arrow and Laurel was the Black Canary so I'd think the SCPD would assume there was some association. 

You're right, but I'll accept the sorority sisters excuse because the "Yeah right," that she snuck in afterwards made me laugh.

In any case, it appears that those guards are really on top of things. Way to go, Dinah! 

• Love 8