Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She could, but it's lame and I'd personally prefer to see her challenged because her sliding into Laurel's life has been so easy so far.

Especially since she told Oliver she's not that Laurel. Then let's start seeing the consequences of that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

THought the same thing about the baby. A pregnancy announcement his season sounds almost guaranteed at this point.

See I bet we see Maya's conception In This episode or maybe the Return in January 

5 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

See I bet we see Maya's conception In This episode or maybe the Return in January 

For her to be born in 801 they'd have to go for a Feb Sweeps pregnancy. I think that would be the most logical, avoids the whole pregnancy, just like Lyla.

Although, that all depends on how old Maya actually is on the show and 801 baby makes Maya 21 in 2040.

7 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It annoys me when people say Olicity is a soap opera because you know if the same exact scenes/lines/etc. were given to Oliver/Laurel, suddenly it would be the best thing ever. 

I don't get how Olicity is soapy and therefore terrible but Oliver bouncing between sisters, Laurel having an evil twin and tons of not actual deaths somehow aren't.

• Love 11
Just now, JamieLynn832002 said:

I don't get how Olicity is soapy and therefore terrible but Oliver bouncing between sisters, Laurel having an evil twin and tons of not actual deaths somehow aren't.

Don’t you know as long as it’s comic book canon it can’t be classified as a soap opera? Even if Oliver starts dating E2-LL only for E1-LL to come back to life and he goes back to her and drama ensues and E2-LL tries to kill E1-LL and take her place, not a soap opera because comics. (I feel like that would be the exact storyline of a soap opera - “evil” twin tries to take “good” twin’s place, even though I’ve never seen a soap opera.)

• Love 8
8 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It annoys me when people say Olicity is a soap opera because you know if the same exact scenes/lines/etc. were given to Oliver/Laurel, suddenly it would be the best thing ever. 

You only have to look at all of the scenes and lines that were originally for Olicity and transferred to Oliver and Laurel as a result of alien brainwashing in 508 for confirmation of this. 

When the scenes were for Olicity it was soap opera but once they were duplicated for Oliver and Laurel they were fine and evidence of their comic canon destiny. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, way2interested said:

I worry DR is thinking mostly about the writers keeping the OTA very separate. Which is also a problem, but why he stayed away from Felicity is still an elephant in the room.  I hope he knows it.  

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hmm more Olicity or more angst......

I'm hoping more hurt/comfort shots, this time the invisible wounds he caused Felicity. 

Or maybe he just means smooching.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm hoping more hurt/comfort shots, this time the invisible wounds he caused Felicity. 

Or maybe he just means smooching.

I'd be happy with either! We need more huggles and smooching! Not enough last season! They can smooch their way through a dark plot! I would be cool with that! 

• Love 3

Well, today's "Arrow Heroes" panel with DR and CH at HVFF-San Jose should be interesting.

Katherine McNamara has an article in the December 2018 issue of Miami Living Magazine - from page 154...
https://digital.miamilivingmagazine.com/i/1056773-danielle-campbell/155?m4=

While one good thing is coming to an end, Katherine is embarking on an exciting, new adventure: she joined the popular TV series, Arrow [in its seventh season], portraying Maya, a boxer in an underground fight club, who is a bit of a mystery. Rumor has it that she could also be a significant part of the flash-forward timeline. "Getting to be a part of another show where the cast is so friendly and welcoming has been an amazing experience."

normal_MiamiLivingMag18_006.jpg

(pic source)

Edited by tv echo
21 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I'm surprised that no one has asked DR or SA about Felicity's "death" in the future (at least, not that I've seen).

At this point, I don't think even the most hopeful Felicity haters think she's really dead, so it wouldn't shock me if no one asked. I'm more interested to know where the hell are Oliver and Diggle, since the flash forward crew hasn't even mentioned their names. 

It occurred to me that the shower scene we're all so excited for is not the "Party? What party?" scene that Emily said is in her top five Olicity scenes ever. And that makes me so excited for the episode that I can't contain myself. I'm so ready for allllll the Olicity scenes after being so deprived this season. 

7JiH.gif

• Love 7

Yeah, to be honest, I'd rather hear that Arrow is going to give me back the Diggle I like soon and acknowledge he was replaced by some ARGUS robot than about the FFs. I'm 99% certain that Felicity's alive and we'll learn there's a lot more to what's going on than they're saying in the future. I'm only at about 10% that they won't just brush any 7A problems under the rug and pretend they never happened, like how they're ignoring S6's OTA vs. NTA in S7. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

At this point, I don't think even the most hopeful Felicity haters think she's really dead, so it wouldn't shock me if no one asked. I'm more interested to know where the hell are Oliver and Diggle, since the flash forward crew hasn't even mentioned their names. 

It occurred to me that the shower scene we're all so excited for is not the "Party? What party?" scene that Emily said is in her top five Olicity scenes ever. And that makes me so excited for the episode that I can't contain myself. I'm so ready for allllll the Olicity scenes after being so deprived this season. 

7JiH.gif

Oh Ive seen on twitter some who really think she's dead and really think she's evil, usually followed by really thinking that Oliver will end up with Siren lol so there are the few odd apples out there 

But yeah if even Reddit isn't celebrating because they see it as a red herring I think its safe to say the whole "Felicity is dead" thing isn't convincing the masses. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I figured maybe he was showering to get ready for the party, although I like your theory better, LOL.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@KenyaJ are you suggesting we might get 2 secx scenes

I doubt it. I can't believe we'd ever be that lucky, LOL. I always assumed from Emily's eye wiggle that her favorite scene involved sex, so I'm actually starting to think the shower scene might just involve some cuddling and implied sex? I'll be happy either way, as long as there's sex somewhere in the episode. If there are two sex scenes, I'll need to be peeled from my ceiling at the end of the episode.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I figured maybe he was showering to get ready for the party, although I like your theory better, LOL.

It's definitely possible. I know that the shower scene is in the first few minutes of the episode. What Emily said about her favorite scene gave me the impression that they're dressed and ready to go wherever they're going, until they get "distracted." But it's definitely open to interpretation. 

• Love 2

I totally interpreted the eye wag as sexy times but it being a fav scene of hers makes me think either it's a fight that leads to sexy times or sexy times that leads to actually talking about their issues.  Fav scenes always seem to be the really meaty or emotional ones.  

• Love 3

Yeah, that was my impression too, even moreso after Stephen's comments about them realizing their lives are never going to be perfect or normal. I have to imagine that would be in the second half of the episode as opposed to the beginning.

Yeah, sorry, I don't believe him. For one thing, he lies about this show all the time, LOL. Second, it's been confirmed by Matt Mitovich and GATV that the shower scene isn't just Oliver, but is an Olicity scene. I can't imagine that Felicity is just talking to him through the shower door/curtain. But do you, Steve.

• Love 2

I don't particularly care but, SA loves to split hairs so while I do expect that Oliver and Felicity don't get in the shower together...there's a whole world of other that he's not excluding 😛

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

I miss when OTA was the core of the show and not something someone who just tuned it this season would have no idea what it stands for/who’s part of it. Actually, I’d be really interested to see how new fans see all the relationships on the show/which characters are close friends/etc. 

• Love 3

I doubt very much we're ever getting OTA back, at least not the OTA we once knew. It's so obvious they don't want that divide anymore and are moving towards one big team again. I'll never accept it after what NTA did last season and how they've gotten away with it but it is what it is at this point, sadly.

Remember when SA said that the first time we see Oliver in 708, we see how traumatized prison left him? I'd love if the scene was him in the shower and he gets jumpy/spooked when Felicity joins him, and then they try to make good shower memories to erase what happened to him in 701.

How is shower sex with one's spouse supposed to automatically help a person get over a traumatic event or period?

9 minutes ago, CTrent29 said:

How is shower sex with one's spouse supposed to automatically help a person get over a traumatic event or period?

Positive association.

Shower = getting attacked

Now

Shower = getting laid

Do it enough and he'll see it as a positive thing. 

I used to make a fuss and coo over my toddler everytime he went to sit on the toilet. He toilet trained by himself in a jiffy and never feared the toilet like other kids because toilet = praise and good things.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 5

So it sounds like we might finally be getting ARGUS becoming the Big Bad, like I've been waiting for for ages, so thats something at least. Now the question is, what side will Diggle be on? Will he be rounding up his friends and comrades at arms? God it sucks that I have to even question that.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Now the question is, what side will Diggle be on? Will he be rounding up his friends and comrades at arms? God it sucks that I have to even question that.

He'll be on the side that is aghast that ARGUS does shady shit, as he always is even though he should know better by now. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He'll be on the side that is aghast that ARGUS does shady shit, as he always is even though he should know better by now. 

Yeah, Dig's pretty much yearly realization that ARGUS is shady as fuck kind of makes me worry that he's taken too many blows to the head. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

"I am shocked, shocked to discover shady things happening at ARGUS!"

"Your next assignment for the Suicide Squad, Mr. Diggle."

"Oh yes, thank you very much. Shocked!"

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So it sounds like we might finally be getting ARGUS becoming the Big Bad, like I've been waiting for for ages, so thats something at least. Now the question is, what side will Diggle be on? Will he be rounding up his friends and comrades at arms? God it sucks that I have to even question that.

I hope that someone points out everything shady about ARGUS over the years instead of acting like it’s a new thing. (Never going to let the Cayden thing go, if only because he was played by ME who DESERVED BETTER.)

And while I don’t see Diggle siding against his friends - though I use that term loosely right now - I do hate that I too wonder and wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t make a move to stop it right away because he’s conducting his own investigation/wants to get all the pieces together/etc. 

I honestly just hope I can start liking Diggle again and him being surprised that ARGUS is shady won’t let that happen. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I’d assumed Laurel would only be in the gala scene in the photos, with everything else going on - Olicity, FFs, Oliver suiting up again, Dinah/assuming SCPD stuff from the promo, whatever (if anything) happens with the new GA, etc. 

Given the outfit she's wearing in the promo stills, it seems she has a cabaret to get to as well.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 12

What now? As much as I don't love the future that's been teased, the idea of multiple possible futures being presented is crazy. I don't want Arrow to be a "choose your own adventure" book.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

As much as I don't love the future that's been teased, the idea of multiple possible futures being presented is crazy. I don't want Arrow to be a "choose your own adventure" book.

I choose the one where Oliver, Felicity, William and any other children live happily ever after. Oliver is honored as a hero. Smoak Tech is thriving. Everyone else can stay in the SC we’ve seen so far in the FFs. 

• Love 8