Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Guest Wishlist

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is a companion topic for the Best and Worst Celebrities topic, that one to discuss people who have already appeared and this one to spitball on who we'd LIKE to see who's never appeared on the show before.

This can include solo appearances, or even casting themes (in which case it could include people who have appeared before).

Edited by Kromm

I both fear and find appealing, for example, the idea of William Shatner guest starring.  The fear of course is that he'd be Martin Short Times Ten in terms of attention grabbing. The appeal is that unlike Short he can pull off bombastic with panache.

• Love 4

Hmm, a Parks & Rec themed show, with Amy, Paul, Aubrey, Retta....the only thing is I don't know who I would leave out between Chris, Nick, Aziz and Jim. 

I'd love to see the How Did This Get Made crew on there, Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael and Jason Mantzoukas.

Billy Eichner is on next week, I would like to have also seen his friend and writing partner, Julie Klausner. 

The Seinfeld cast.

Paul F. Tompkins

Jon Hamm

• Love 1

Paul F. Tompkins would be great, because he's very, very competitive. And funny, of course, but when there's any sort of a game going on, he wants to win. And that's mostly what I want out of somebody on this show. Even if you're not very good, you can get on my good side by at least taking the game seriously.

• Love 2
(edited)

Comparing this to the guest wish lists we've had for @Midnight I think this show is much less likely to skew towards people like Sheer or Thompkins. I'm actually quite surprised to see Eichner on the list--although the explanation could be that the combination of Funny or Die work with Parks and Rec puts him more on the radar for this show's producers.

Then again this format (and on a broadcast network) opens up appearances by bigger stars a bit more, and also ones along certain TV show "themes". The Seinfeld cast would be an unrealistic reach for @Midnight, for example, despite the fact that Seinfeld, Richards, and Larry David were all stand-up comedians (it seems like any @Midnight panel has to be at least 2/3rds stand-ups), but I could easily see a panel on Hollywood Game Night that's at least half Seinfeld alums--they wouldn't have to make both teams such.  Jason Alexander's already done this show and could return, Julia Louis-Dreyfus would probably do it if asked, and maybe... Wayne Knight. There you go.

I'd LOVE to see both Amy Poehler and Tina Fey on the show at the same time, if they could pull that off.  Fey seems to be limiting her TV appearance for a bit, but I think she'll ramp them up again soon because even though she no longer wants to star on a TV show, she's producing and writing like a half dozen of them and probably will promote them herself to some degree.  I will say though that other than those two ladies, I don't really want this show to turn into an SNL alum-fest (although I've expressed the wish to see real old timers like Norm MacDonald on @Midnight instead).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Now that Hannibal's been picked up for a third season, I think NBC synergy should bring over Mads Mikkelsen. I don't think he'd (a) try that hard, (b) move that fast, or © be especially comprehensible giving clues. BUT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT.

• Love 2

I will say, now that some time has passed and they are past the first run of episodes (where it might seem like a desperate grab for attention), I'm surprised HGN hasn't had more Glee people on it.  Chris Colfer is the only one so far, right?

I will say, now that some time has passed and they are past the first run of episodes (where it might seem like a desperate grab for attention), I'm surprised HGN hasn't had more Glee people on it.  Chris Colfer is the only one so far, right?

Darren Criss is in the lineup for June 5th.

I'd like to see Chris Pratt on. I think Rich Sommer could be good too.

• Love 1

Here's one that just occurred to me.  Mila Kunis.  The only fear I have with her being on is that she might drag Ashton Kutcher with her (ptui!  ick!)

Actually I might even be willing to risk a Family Guy triple bill, with Seth MacFarlane, Mila and Seth Green (and possibly Alex Bornstein).  MacFarlane does risk going very Michael Weatherley/Martin Short-ish, but the other two can probably take this piss out of him a little bit if they want to.

I'd love to have the cast of The League. Mark and Katie on opposite teams of course. It would be kinda cool to have themes for celebrity guests. Like have crime/procedural night with Ice T, Shemar Moore etc. Aussie night with Alex O'Laughlin, Yvonne Strahovski, Simon Baker, Ryan Kwanten, Anna Torv, and Jesse Spencer.

• Love 1

Tina Fey, Tina Fey, oh and Tina Fey.

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler double bill (they were also on my wishlist for @Midnight, which many of the people eligible for HGN wouldn't be).

This is a pipe dream, but I would love to see Norman Reedus, just for the adorable factor with his civilian captain.  Other than Henry Winkler, I've never seen a celebrity who's so damned NICE.

• Love 1

Norman Reedus would be a hoot, but I'm not sure he's that quick. He gives me a stoner vibe.  I'd love to see a Mad Men night with Hamm, Slattery, Kartheiser, Sommer, Moss.  January Jones would be a trainwreck.

• Love 1

Wishes- Solo:

Silas Weir Mitchell (Grimm), he seems clever and fast.

Daniel Dae Kim (Hawaii Five-0) I know he was on the very first episode, but he was fun and nice to look at!

Neil Patrick Harris, if he hasn't done it yet, because...NPH!

Charles Barkley, just because it'd be fun and he'd try to win for his captain.

James Van Der Beek, He's funny and seems game for a fun time.

Tatianna  Maslany (Orphan Black) She may be a hoot and how better to get mainstream(non-SF/F, non-Brit tv) folks intrigued for her show than having a good, fun time on this show?

I agree with the Shatner idea; it could be marvelous because Shatner is charming and funny, but then...we've seen Martin Short, twice.

As for group/ theme nights (teams picked to keep from being all one or the other gender):

*Pawnee vs. Eagleton - Kristen Bell has been on and was fun. Lucy Lawless surely has something to talk about or just show up and get Xena on Smash The Buzzer! As for the Pawnee side, put Amy, Aziz and Retta on and throw a fourth Pawnee person over to Eagleton (with taunts of 'traitor!')? (I didn't see that episode, but the Pawnee/Eagleton thing seemed like a natural for HGN.)

*Grimm vs. True Blood  (David Guintoli, Silas Weir Mitchell and Russell Hornsby vs   Joe Mangianello, Rutina Wesley and Michael McMillan or Todd Lowe. Bitsie Tulloch could be swapped for Silas or Russell, but I like to see those three together no matter.)

*True Blood vs. The Vampire Diaries [vamp against vamp] (see team TB above vs. Ian Somerholder, Candice Accola and Kat Graham; I saw the last two on Who's Line and they could be promising for HGN)

*TVD vs. The Originals [ parent show against spin-off] (see team TVD above vs. Charles Michael Davis, Todd Stashwick and Claire Holt? Stashwick's a nerd, so he could be very on point and potentially a good final round pick.)

*Chicago Fire vs. Chicago PD [NBC shows and another parent vs. spin-off with nice looking casts] (David Eigenberg, Monica Raymond and any of Eamonn Walker, Jesse Spencer or Taylor Kinney vs. Sophia Bush, Archie Kao and Robert Wisdom)

*The Mentalist vs. psych? [Just to see James Roday in action, but maybe undoable with Dule on Broadway. I'd also like to see Robin Tunney and Simon Baker in a lighter setting.] (Robin, Simon and Tim Kang vs. James, Timothy Omundson, and Maggie Lawson or Kirsten Nelson,if Dule is unavailable. Also okay is Corben Bernsen.)

*Defiance vs. Blue Bloods [cops in a future dystopian St. Louis vs. cops in crime-ridden NYC of now] (Grant Bowler, Stephanie Leonidas and Dewshane Williams vs.  Will Estes, Donnie Wahlberg and Marissa Ramirez.)

*Arrow vs. Flash [superhero shows] ( Stephen Amell, David Ramsey and Emily Bett Rickards vs. Grant Gustin, Tom Cavanaugh, and Danielle Panabaker or Candice Patton.)

I am open to amendments of these teams and pairings if anyone knows why certain folks should not be allowed near a foam letter while blindfolded. 

(edited)

For a theme night, I'd like to see an episode with the casts of either The State or Robot Chicken.  

ETA  Maybe Supernatural.  Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins are particularly amusing, especially at all the Cons over the years.

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 1

New Girl vs. Mindy Project

Jake Johnston, Lamorne Morris, Zooey Deschanel or Hannah Simone

Ike Barinholtz, Jeremy Weeks, Mindy Kaling or Xosha Roquemore. (No Adam Pally unless he plays for team Happy Endings)

I think Mindy and Zooey are too busy/famous to do the show. But the supporting characters are all funny people. 

• Love 1

New Girl vs. Mindy Project

Jake Johnston, Lamorne Morris, Zooey Deschanel or Hannah Simone

Ike Barinholtz, Jeremy Weeks, Mindy Kaling or Xosha Roquemore. (No Adam Pally unless he plays for team Happy Endings)

I think Mindy and Zooey are too busy/famous to do the show. But the supporting characters are all funny people.

Far more famous people than those two have done this show. But too busy? Probably.
  • Love 1

With his new CD just come out, and a flood of videos being unleashed onto the Net as we speak, I think I'd love to see Weird Al show up. There is a danger he might end up upstaging (whether intentionally or not) but he always seems to have a great humor, and he's probably got a better pulse on the entertainment world than a lot of entertainment reporters.

• Love 2

How about a Glee showdown? Not the biggest stars like Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, and Chris Colfer (although the last two have done it), but like Amber Riley, Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet, Mark Salling, Dianna Agron, Heather Morris, Becca Tobin, Darren Criss (although he's already been on as well), etc or any combination thereof? That could be fun...

• Love 2

You know what I find kind of amazing? That Will and Grace is coming back, this show is produced by Sean Hayes, it's on NBC, and we haven't seen the crew. They could round it out with the two co-creators or something. I'm not sure if I want to see it but I kind of do?

On 9/9/2017 at 10:30 PM, BabyVegas said:

You know what I find kind of amazing? That Will and Grace is coming back, this show is produced by Sean Hayes, it's on NBC, and we haven't seen the crew. They could round it out with the two co-creators or something. I'm not sure if I want to see it but I kind of do?

It's been pointed out that HGN is filmed about a year before it's shown, so the It's Jack!!!! Show (featuring Karen and those other two) might not have been green-lit yet.