Type keyword(s) to search

S03. E13. What Goes Around. 2018.07.25

So many unanswered questions, or even hints at answers.  I wanted to know who the alien "she" was.  Or why it would be in the interest of the hosts to save Seattle.  What made it special? From the last scene, it looked like a titanic battle shaping up and the earth is just collateral damage and there's no repercussions to the aliens if it is destroyed. 

Sucks to be you, IGA leadership.  And you too, grayhats. 

Snyder thinks he has some pull with the aliens, and he's going to restart Seattle, but he's really nothing to them.  He has no leverage anymore. On the other hand, the insurrection is rather pointless now, too.

At least they made passing mention to the fact that the entire world is under siege.  I would have like more plot development in that regard in the future, rather than just small stories about life in Seattle.

• Love 3
(edited)

Seemed like a regular episode instead of a season series finale.

With the new threat shown in the open scene and the quick deaths (maybe stunned) of the IGA authority, it seems everything from the hosts, collaborators, and resistance from episode one until now has been a waste of time.

The humans don't have a chance against this new foe. Hopefully, Kynes' bunker has all they will need to combat them.

One scene there's Bram in a shootout, taking cover, watching his people getting taken out, then the next time we see him he is on the couch with Gracie worrying if her homework is done and what's going on with their parents. No explanation how he escaped??!!

Does Snyder always travel with a huge portrait of himself when he is "visiting" another colony?

I wished they had cleared up:

1. Who was the alien Kynes talked to?

2. What happened to the alien super alloy material?  

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

It seems to me that season four was going to be the climax of the story, everything has lead to this point.  Questions about the purpose of them being here, who is good and who is bad is all set up to be answered, and then a big ol' middle finger from TPTB.  At the very least I'd like to get the cliff notes on how this was supposed to end.   

• Love 12
(edited)

Well, that was exceedingly disappointing.  That was the equivalent of ending a novel without the final chapter.  99 questions and not an answer to 1.

I'm fairly certain Bram should've died in the forest and not Charlie.

Edited by nasir jones
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

No explanation how he escaped??!!

I think his benefactor gave him a high sign when they were walking down the alley, and he said that he would stay back to organize the reinforcements.  That let Bram know there was an ambush coming.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Does Snyder always travel with a huge portrait of himself when he is "visiting" another colony?

He can have that.  I want the Fender Stratocaster and the Dobro.

• Love 1

Cancelled?  I recorded it last night, and planned to watch it today.  Now I won't bother.  I hate when networks do that.  Why get invested in their programming if the show could be cancelled at any time without the story being brought to an end?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, wetmoregal said:

Cancelled?  I recorded it last night, and planned to watch it today.  Now I won't bother.  I hate when networks do that.  Why get invested in their programming if the show could be cancelled at any time without the story being brought to an end?

Especially when it's right at the climax of the story.  I won't get into any more USA shows for this reason.  Unless it's on Netflix and I know it wasn't cancelled at the best part. 

• Love 2

I wonder if the plan all along was for the series to end now, it just hadn't been announced. I'm guessing that among other things, Josh Holloway didn't want to continue or he wanted a lot more $$$$.

Bram is an ungrateful brat, which would be okay except for the part where he kidnapped his sister. She should've had a choice of whether to go with Bram or with Katie.

The hosts' enemy acts and makes noises like Predators but the one that took out the IGA headquarters sure didn't look like one. Maybe these Predators had learned that appearances count, at least for humans. Don't know why they would care though since that cloaking capability is pretty much invincible until the humans can figure out how to defeat it.

I'm gonna miss this crazy show. I don't see much point in hoping Netflix picks it up since the ratings have been so poor and some of main cast might not want to continue anyway.

• Love 2

I think I'm getting more upset as time goes on with the incomplete ending of the show.  To leave it like this is really disrespectful towards anyone who spent time watching it.  Give us 2-5 episodes just to wrap these ideas up... it doesn't even need to be a full season.  This is basically taking a dump on the viewers.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, eskimo said:

It seems to me that season four was going to be the climax of the story, everything has lead to this point.  Questions about the purpose of them being here, who is good and who is bad is all set up to be answered, and then a big ol' middle finger from TPTB.  At the very least I'd like to get the cliff notes on how this was supposed to end.   

I am pretty sure they were going to wait for season 6 before the climax of the story.  

The plotting is so slow they would need another 3 seasons ( half of which consist of the characters moping about ). 

51 minutes ago, nasir jones said:

I think I'm getting more upset as time goes on with the incomplete ending of the show.  To leave it like this is really disrespectful towards anyone who spent time watching it.  Give us 2-5 episodes just to wrap these ideas up... it doesn't even need to be a full season.  This is basically taking a dump on the viewers.

I don’t think the withers could bring about a resolution in on a few episodes. 

• Love 1

That was disappointing as a series finale --- but as a season finale, it was finally getting good. 

I really wanted to see the Raps get their collective asses handed to them by the enemy.  Kind of glad that Helena got her comeuppance.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The USA Network should be the place where cancelled shows go for closure. We have so many channels, there should be one dedicated for that purpose.

It seems as if the streaming services, Amazon Prime Netflix and the rest in the quest for original content to get a new subscription will play that role.

The market is just too competitive and the networks to quick on the trigger for the show runners who want to do a story like Babylon 5

• Love 1

Also, production companies like to be paid for their work, so they can pay the actors and crew, as well as other expenses.  I have no idea what a scripted series costs per episode, but if those costs could be covered, I'm sure paid streaming services would consider picking up a show.  The networks run on advertising revenue, which in turn is fed by viewership.  Without those, no one will subsidize a show for long.

• Love 1

I am so disappointed Colony was cancelled. For some reason I expected more from USA, like giving the show runners a chance to wrap it up before filming a season finale and making it a proper series finale. I gave up on watching most serialized dramas because they are either prematurely cancelled or will outlast a cockroach.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Also, production companies like to be paid for their work, so they can pay the actors and crew, as well as other expenses.  I have no idea what a scripted series costs per episode, but if those costs could be covered, I'm sure paid streaming services would consider picking up a show.  The networks run on advertising revenue, which in turn is fed by viewership.  Without those, no one will subsidize a show for long.

It's really depressing that an intelligent show like this has been cancelled, especially when something as awful as the similarly themed Falling Skies made it to a five season conclusion. 

The strength of this show was in it's portrayal of the complexities of living under and occupation, and the moral challenges this would throw up. It's far more complex than choosing to fight or to collaborate, and colony explored the nuances of this issue and their consequences very well.

It seems to me that they'd reworked the show somewhat for the third season, the goal set at the end of season two, to find the resistance and the apparent cooperating Rap, seems to have been sidelined in favour of the Keines / Seattle / Outlier  plot, with the much vaunted resistance turning out to be a dead end of paranoid conspiracy nuts, and the Rap turncoat turning out to be captured rather than an ally. That strikes me as something that was changed as an after thought.

I liked the fact that we see little of the aliens and only find out in dribs and drabs what their nature is, the show isn't ( i mean wasn't), about the aliens anyway, it's about mankind and the choices men and women make. the colonies weren't run by the aliens but by people, people who made the choice to go along with what the aliens wanted, but this choice didn't always make them the bad guys.

9 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

I am so disappointed Colony was cancelled. For some reason I expected more from USA, like giving the show runners a chance to wrap it up before filming a season finale and making it a proper series finale. I gave up on watching most serialized dramas because they are either prematurely cancelled or will outlast a cockroach.

Agreed, why commit so much time to watching and understanding a complex series if there is never going to be any meaningful conclusion?

Edited by BasilSeal
  • Love 6

This was disgusting. I got sucked into it from the first episode and broke my rule of never, ever watching a series until it’s concluded (with a proper conclusion that ties up at least a majority of the loose ends).

If I were TPTB over the entire Universe, I would judge whoever made the decision to just cut the series off without a real finale. And their sentence would be this: That they would have to be in a white room, watching the series from beginning to finale, over and over, for the cumulative amount of time all viewers spent watching the series. And there would be a clock ticking it down. And when, after millions of hours, the clock finally ticked down to zero, they would be like, “OMG, it’s over, our sentence is finally concluded.” And a voice would say, “Do you call that a conclusion?” And the clock and the video would start up again.

• Love 6

So disappointed about the cancellation, I've been a loyal fan since season one.  Always found the alien occupation theme so compelling . just when thing were heating up with the enemy of my enemy, its over!       

the story moved around a lot, but I kinda liked that about it, you weren't always sure about stuff, it was like up for debate.

Wish it had a better following! It was pure escapism, now it's done...... sad!

• Love 4
On 7/26/2018 at 3:22 PM, wetmoregal said:

"I won't get into any more USA shows for this reason."

Same for me with the SciFy Channel:  Defiance, Black Matter, The Expanse....

Amazon picked up The Expanse.  There WILL be a fourth season.

• Love 1