Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: I Don't Want to Lose You Yet

A medical scare gets Avery and Juliette talking; Scarlett and Sean organize a ranch benefit; Gunnar gets inspired; Avery questions a relationship; Maddie tests Twig; Deacon learns a secret.

Okay. I’m prefacing my post because over the past few Days I reread my posts from season 4 and I was angry during that time. The show was canceled and the stories the show had chosen were quite awful, but at least it felt like they could be wrapped up. In terms of it making sense(granted the show did that for everyone but Juliette who ended up crashing on a plane but alas) but this season does not feel like in any shape or form that they can wrap up next week.

Will got something to do! I mean yeah.. it was mostly him drinking tea and then gunner made a comment about not having to be nice to him anymore and I’m sorry I’ve stood up for Gunner a lot during this series, but when has Gunner, especially lately been nice to Will?!?! Actually when has anyone including the show runners for the last two seasons?!?! 

Anyways.. things I liked: the sisters scenes between Maddie and Daphne. I also enjoyed the Scarlett and Gunner scene and the acknowledgement of them being like strangers. I mean.. it was a little too meta for meta sake but funny too.

Fast forwarded through purple and Avery singing.. 

Also.. Nashville the next generation.. don’t care. Fast forward. 

Juliette is still my fave. I hated the cult stuff but I would rather watch any scenes with her and she’s showing growth. Kind of? I mean she’s hiding a pregnancy.. (again, show. I mean they did this actual story when Juliette was pregnant the first time).

Also Glen!!!! Hi Glenn! Let’s get Glen a spin off. 

Should we be like “aww poor Purple Hair.. she belongs with Avery because she’s letting him go!” Like who’s thinking this? What viewers?

I don’t care about the horse ranch.

I wish wills scenes in this episode were not just him being Gunners hype guy. Will deserves better! 

Seriously Jonah just did a complete 180 movie villain when Twig decided he was done, didn’t he? Eh. Is the second to last episode, why are we doing this? 

Juliette has always wanted to live on a farm?!?!? Uh what? Okay.

Also I’m happy they didn’t give Cadence a life threatening illness in the 2nd to last episode but god.. this is how they got Javery back together? Sort of? Kind of? I don’t even care anymore actually. Because it kind of seems like no one involved in this show does either.

Gunner wrote a new song. Yay. And will gets to preform on it too! Still #willdeservesbetter, remember how awesome his final moments on the abc version were? He lead. Gay revolution with singing and got back together with his boyfriend. God. Those were memories. 

Oh look Twig and Maddie. 

Shawn and Scarlett.. part of this feels expected and also random? I can’t explain it. Also.. I gusss next week Scarlett and gunner will probably reunite and we will have to be shocked. 

Don’t get me wrong it was kind of sad when Deacon found his dads bottle but all the same as I’ve said.. not much of an impact when we got barley any time with this. Also bye Deacons Dad! Although we will  see you next week because series finale and we’ve gotta wrap this up with a happy ending. Also I’m halfway convinced that like the abc series finale, Juliette is probably going to end up in a life or death situation again because Juliette can never have nice things. 

Anyways.. do you guys think we are getting any awesome final cameos next week? Wishful thinking but can Luke come back? I love him. I feel

Like if they plan on doing anything with will, it’ll probably be bringing back Zach to reunite them. Which yuck. Bring back Kevin!!!!!

• Love 5

I told y'all we were going to have a half hour of horse boy this week! Ride away, horse boy! Ride like the wind!

I don't remember Deacon ever meeting Alannah (remind me if they have), but now they're old chums having coffee together and talking about Brad.

Charles Esten acted the hell out of his scene with his drunk dad. Bye, Gideon. Don't let the door hit you...

Bye, Jonah...

Bye, Alannah...? Please?

Next week's episode is going to have to be four hours long to wrap up the rest of this mess of a season. Does anyone know how long it is? I watch it over streaming, so I can't see time blocks.

• Love 9

So this show started with two women at the top of the country music game and it's going to end with one of them dead and the other getting out of the business?  Ugh....whatever show.

Will and Gunnar's scenes bugged me in this episode.  Maybe I'm too sensitive but their dynamic was suddenly gay predator (Will)/no homo (Gunnar), specifically in two moments.  The first was when Will said they should be like Fleetwood Mac and all sleep together and it'd be fine causing Gunnar to have to leave that. second.  Then Will says he didn't mean it like that before admitting that he kind of did.  Then there was the hug that went on too long that Gunnar felt like he had to end.   I get that it was this show's attempt at humor but it just felt retro and outdated. 

And frankly, given their other potential love interests, the show should be going there. 

Alannah and Avery sounded good together but are we supposed to believe that Avery is in love with her?  Or wants her enough to keep pursuing her like this? 

I'm okay with Juliette not telling Avery she's pregnant.  They're not together.  He'll eventually know but there's not much he can do about the baby while she's carrying it so there's no rush.

There's too much to wrap up next week.  My guess none of it will feel satisfying.

• Love 7
(edited)

Wow, so much to say here. But my mind is reeling from other things I have going on, so I'll try to get it all together.

First off, are they teasing the viewers with Gunner and Will? There were totally some moments last night! But, I don't think Gunner is into it. And Will is kind of being like early Will, kiss any guy that he's with. From the preview, it looks like Zach is back next week, so who knows where it will go?

Juliette and Avery...I teared up when he said that bit about when she smiles the pain goes away. Then, @#$% purple @#$% calls. I'm glad he didn't answer though. I'm so glad Cadence wasn't more seriously ill. I really figured they were going there. I really thought she was going to tell him she was pregnant at the hospital too. And she's bought a house? What about that land she had bought in the 1st season, where she and Deacon went skinny dipping? I guess it makes sense that celebs have lots of real estate, but it was never mentioned again.

Scarlett and that other ding-dong...Geez, what an effed up plot. His wife comes to you, telling you she's knows some shit's afloat and you still get on stage and sing about falling for someone you've just met, complete with "come hither" eyes. And then she's gonna take the high road by telling him to go back to his wife, but not before she lets him stick his tongue down her throat. I will say that Scarlett looked beautiful last night, hair and makeup wise. Clothes are still fresh off the Goodwill pile though.

I enjoyed Daphne and Maddie's scenes together, being happy with each other. I'm glad the Twig and Maddie thing is resolved, because maybe we've seen the last of them.

Deacon and his dad...I agree with the others that Chip acted his ass off. I just can't fathom why he isn't more famous. I mean, I had never heard of him before watching Nashville, and anyone I've mentioned him to IRL hasn't either. I really hope he can break out, he's just amazing.

I think if show writers ever needed an example of how introducing minor characters can ruin a show, last night's episode was it. They've run out of time because they've been so focused on people who don't matter (yet we're still having plenty of scenes with them) that the show was chopped into short little segments that didn't even make sense. Avery is at Juliette's with the baby, watching her press conference, then minutes later he's at the bar with Alannah. Gunner sits down to write a song, but we don't even see any of that. (I did love his final product though, along with his "I'm a douchebag jingle.") Suddenly the lady from the cult and her son are back, but we didn't see any of that happen. The cult thing is barely even a thing now, save for her press conference. It was just so all over the place, because they are trying to sling things together at the last minute. They've wasted our time on Alannah, Brad, Jessie, Gideon, the cult, and now we just have to make do with what they pieced together. These writers should never work again.

I have to admit I teared up at the preview when they said, "Next on the series finale of Nashville." As much as this show annoys me at times, the thought of no more of these awesome characters,musicians and actors makes me incredibly sad. 

Edited by deacondahling
  • Love 12

Eh. I’m actually not sad next week is the end, I was sad during the first series finale. This one? No. The writers have really screwed up. And the thing is they actually did some good stuff. Season 5 even without Connie was kind of okay. I mean don’t get me wrong, I legit laughed at the big drama being “Juliette takes the song someone wrote for Maddie” but I mean.. it was much better than what we have gotten this entire season. It wasn’t great but it was much better than this season.

• Love 3

* I almost yelled "Oh NO!' when horse boy showed up on screen. I was really hoping we were done seeing any of that. It could just be off screen. Didn't need to see any more of the ranch.

* Twig and Mattie--yuck; hated how they decided to just make Jonah evil--he could have been guy with mistakes but showing growth. Twig has always been creepy--and also all of a sudden he is getting paid for a job--at times it seemed like he expected to be on payroll but not have to do any work. Jonah was a jerk, but if you are paid to load bags, don't get shocked when people expect you to load bags. I would have preferred Twig mans up and he just goes his separate way. No reason to couple up.

* when Juliette told Avery she had always had this dream. . I really expected him to say "what dream?" because there has been no longstanding dream to own a farm or do anything else besides music. 

* I wasn't motivated to try to figure out "since when would Deacon and Purple Hair get together"---only good was the fade out with them talking which I hope means we get to fast forward to some resolution to the stupid Brad stuff and maybe she'll move away

* As annoying as this show is, I was moved by Deacon figuring out his dad was lying. I would have preferred they had not had Deacon yell. He always goes straight to yell too often. What got me was the look on his face pre-yelling. It would have been even more moving if he was so angry that he just spoke quietly. (my dad once got really mad and my mom told me 'he just spoke in this very quiet voice. When your dad gets really mad, he does that' Which made me realize I had never made my dad really mad. I had just seen the loud/mid-level mad.)

* not to beat to death past arguments about "what happened to Teddy" but this episode really played into the camp of viewers who are annoyed with the disappearance of Teddy. I don't expect perfection from this show so I have previously agreed with the "what happened to Teddy" posters but it has not been my #1 issue. Last night was really bad --having Deacon talk about years he missed with these girls. . . it really read like Teddy has been completely forgotten by the writers. It was weird to me.

• Love 6

What makes me uncomfortable about the Alannah and Brad story is that her words are not matching her actions which are seemingly encouraging him.  In this episode she said she wouldn't be responsible for breaking up his marriage.  That doesn't sound to me like someone who is rebuffing someone else's advances/attention.  It almost feels like entrapment to me which, in my opinion, undermines real abuse and harassment situations that many women (and men) face.  I wish they didn't even include these characters in the finale, but the previews showed them there. grrrrr.  Focus on the long-term main characters.

I so thought Sean was gone.  But, nope, there he was.  Scarlett sent him to his wife so maybe we won't have to see him next week.

And, ugh, why was so much time wasted with Jonah and Twig?  First the "fight" scene (how convenient that all the pool floats were there for them to land/fall on...).  Then we had to watch their break-up scene.  If we had to watch them, why not just have the fight and break-up in one scene which would have cut their screen time in half and let us focus on the characters we actually, you know, care about (and I apologize to those who do care about these characters for being so dismissive of the characters, but I just do not care about the late additions to the series).

I was kind of hoping that the benefit was going to be our opportunity to have all of the main characters sing again before the series ends.  

• Love 8

Above post.. yeah.. I don’t know what to make of purple hair and brad. I feel like she is playing him to get the objective sexual harassment but yeah since she is doing it this way t does undermine it all. Unless something else happened and that’s what the fade to silent scene with Deacon was. Even so.. what was she doing in her scenes with brad? Do the writers think people will find this a good story for her to go about it this way? Because it isn’t.

4 hours ago, deacondahling said:

Wow, so much to say here. But my mind is reeling from other things I have going on, so I'll try to get it all together.

First off, are they teasing the viewers with Gunner and Will? There were totally some moments last night! But, I don't think Gunner is into it. And Will is kind of being like early Will, kiss any guy that he's with. From the preview, it looks like Zach is back next week, so who knows where it will go?

Juliette and Avery...I teared up when he said that bit about when she smiles the pain goes away. Then, @#$% purple @#$% calls. I'm glad he didn't answer though. I'm so glad Cadence wasn't more seriously ill. I really figured they were going there. I really thought she was going to tell him she was pregnant at the hospital too. And she's bought a house? What about that land she had bought in the 1st season, where she and Deacon went skinny dipping? I guess it makes sense that celebs have lots of real estate, but it was never mentioned again.

Scarlett and that other ding-dong...Geez, what an effed up plot. His wife comes to you, telling you she's knows some shit's afloat and you still get on stage and sing about falling for someone you've just met, complete with "come hither" eyes. And then she's gonna take the high road by telling him to go back to his wife, but not before she lets him stick his tongue down her throat. I will say that Scarlett looked beautiful last night, hair and makeup wise. Clothes are still fresh off the Goodwill pile though.

I enjoyed Daphne and Maddie's scenes together, being happy with each other. I'm glad the Twig and Maddie thing is resolved, because maybe we've seen the last of them.

Deacon and his dad...I agree with the others that Chip acted his ass off. I just can't fathom why he isn't more famous. I mean, I had never heard of him before watching Nashville, and anyone I've mentioned him to IRL hasn't either. I really hope he can break out, he's just amazing.

I think if show writers ever needed an example of how introducing minor characters can ruin a show, last night's episode was it. They've run out of time because they've been so focused on people who don't matter (yet we're still having plenty of scenes with them) that the show was chopped into short little segments that didn't even make sense. Avery is at Juliette's with the baby, watching her press conference, then minutes later he's at the bar with Alannah. Gunner sits down to write a song, but we don't even see any of that. (I did love his final product though, along with his "I'm a douchebag jingle.") Suddenly the lady from the cult and her son are back, but we didn't see any of that happen. The cult thing is barely even a thing now, save for her press conference. It was just so all over the place, because they are trying to sling things together at the last minute. They've wasted our time on Alannah, Brad, Jessie, Gideon, the cult, and now we just have to make do with what they pieced together. These writers should never work again.

I have to admit I teared up at the preview when they said, "Next on the series finale of Nashville." As much as this show annoys me at times, the thought of no more of these awesome characters,musicians and actors makes me incredibly sad. 

The first point made me laugh, because when she was onstage, I thought she looked like an old lady in a ratty robe or an Olsen twin with all those layers of shabby clothes.

Charles Esten has a new show lined up. He's also touring across the U.S. and internationally playing music. The show really got him excited about music again. He's played at the Opry 100 times.

• Love 4

I think purple hair is playing along with Brad so that he'll keep getting her gigs/promoting her, because as he said, he's nice to his "friends" and when she turned him down the first time everything he'd promised went away. Wasn't very impressed with her song with Avery either. He can do so much better. Also, like someone else mentioned, I didn't get the whole "we're falling so hard for each other/in love"-impression when they were singing. Hell, horse boy and Scarlet were more convincing.

I was really expecting Scarlet to pull out all the stops for the benefit and, you know, ask all these famous people she knows/is related to to perform and promote the concert for the good of the farm... and then all we get is her and horse boy and some funky Gunnar song I wasn't impressed with at all (seriously, it would have been fine if Will hadn't hyped it so much, I was expecting awesome from that). Remember that military benefit they did in one of the earlier seasons with Luke, Rayna, Juliette and all the others performing? That was good stuff.

Also, man, does Scarlet love to play the martyr or what? At least she knows she's not perfect and not good for horse boy, but I'll bet she's really pleased with herself for sending him back to his wife. Poor wife deserves a hell of a lot better.

Funny how Deacon is suddenly, second to last episode, "realizing" how his memory can play tricks on him. Guess that if Gideon hadn't been caught with booze, then he would have just been happy with having his dad back again and would stop arguing/blaming Gideon about his abusive childhood. I don't know why TPTB had to give the bottle back to Gideon, though. Might as well let them live happily ever after. Or is it supposed to teach/show Deacon that it's his turn to forgive the alcoholic in his life, like Rayna and others constantly had to do with him? And then in the series finale they can all live happily ever after?

Why did they even show Rosa (?) and her son at the press conference if they weren't going to show them actually talking on camera? Might as well just have Juliette mention them. As for Juliette's farm, maybe it's built on that property from season one?

And yes, I did get the "Will they, won't they"-impression from the hugging scene between Will and Gunner and then later again on the stage. Was almost expecting Will to plant one on him.

• Love 2

Because this show is ending with such unbelievably boring and inconsequential storylines, I found myself latching on to the scene with Alannah and Deacon and trying to guess what she tells him when the camera moves away and we don’t hear what she says.  Some theories about what she said to Deacon:

— Listen, Deacon, nobody else wants to tell you but you have really bad halitosis

— Deacon, Rayna faked her death and I have proof

— This is actually my real hair color, Deacon

— Deacon, you have to wake up!  None of this is real, it’s all going on inside Daphne’s snowglobe

— Deacon, I’ve realized that even I don’t care about my storyline

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, bobbyjoe said:

Because this show is ending with such unbelievably boring and inconsequential storylines, I found myself latching on to the scene with Alannah and Deacon and trying to guess what she tells him when the camera moves away and we don’t hear what she says.  Some theories about what she said to Deacon:

— Listen, Deacon, nobody else wants to tell you but you have really bad halitosis

— Deacon, Rayna faked her death and I have proof

— This is actually my real hair color, Deacon

— Deacon, you have to wake up!  None of this is real, it’s all going on inside Daphne’s snowglobe

— Deacon, I’ve realized that even I don’t care about my storyline

-Deacon, what is this show even about anymore? I don’t think anyone knows.

-Deacon I think signing on to play this character on this show is making me want to hire a new agent.

• Love 4

I enjoyed Avery and Will and Gunnar ...and even Scarlett... singing. I thought when Steve Earle told Gunnar "not to be Gunnar" anymore that it was yet another clue that Gunnar would open up his sexuality or something. But now that Scarlett has freed yet another man who has inexplicably fallen for her, it's hard to believe those two don't end up together. I think I read that there is a time jump in the finale, so hopefully we get a lot of resolution.

Will has been so under utilized this last season. :( He is a good actor and singer and I hope he gets a great new project.  

• Love 3

One little interesting moment: when Juliette said "I never told you this, but I bought a farm...." And Avery says resignedly, of course you did. It seemed to me more confirmation of exactly what he thinks of their relationship - that she acts erratically and there's no true partnership. If they get back together in the finale, it won't be earned.

I think the Twig and soldier stories ended in this episode. We may see Twig next week, but otherwise, I think they purposefully wrapped them up. Congrats, Scarlett, on a totally pointless storyline this season.

The Will/Gunnar hug was weird. I have never gotten gay vibes from Gunnar, but between the kiss, the "I love you", and that moment, I'm not sure they're not going there in the finale. I was really taken aback at that. If it happens, it will be just like the likely resolutions of Javery and the Alannah trapping exec/Jessie and Deacon reunion: rushed. Plus, I'm guessing we'll have more of the Deacon dad drama AND Nashville Next Star resolution - how the heck is this all going to fit in one episode?

Finally: hi, Mia Maestro! I would have really liked to know how you got out of the compound with your son and heard you speak!

• Love 5
(edited)

Scarlett saved the ranch. So, her whole season was to do the old musical movie trope of "hey kids, let's put on a show at the barn". Nope. And cosign the "Goodwill" comment up thread. Bargain bin bag lady. If i were Sean's wife, I'd have run him over  and then aimed for Scarlett.

If Gunnar had sang the douchebag song, I would have like it better. Hi Steve Earle, you're amazing.

I burst out laughing with Avery's reaction to Jules buying a farm. 

Next time my friends and I are fighting, I want pizza pool floats to fall into. Was there no budget for a ball pit or pool noodles for a sword fight?

Chip carries this show. He's grown so much since season 1.

And next week is it. I will miss what this odd show could have been. 

Edited by dbell1
No clue who Remy is, my kindle sucks.
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, deacondahling said:

I mean, I had never heard of him before watching Nashville

I only knew him as "the hot guy from the Stamford branch" on the first couple seasons of the Office, and then remembered that he was on Whose Line too. Just recently, I found out that he had a small part in a Star Trek: TNG ep (25 years ago!) He's a really versatile talent and this show would have no heart or center without him. Pretty amazing, given that the show was originally billed as three women in country music at different points in their career. I hope he gets some good opportunities out of this. Even in these crappy episodes, he gets at least one scene a week in which he just knocks it out of the park.

• Love 3

I have a question. When Avery and Alanna are singing and Brad stops by, he asks Avery when he's going to leave "Renegade" and come to his record label so he (Avery) can have a real career. Renegade?! What is that? I thought Avery and everyone were with Highway 65. Is this something from way back in Season 1? I'm very confused. BTW, I had closed captioning on, so I know he said "Renegade."

• Love 1

Wow, we got the "the ranch/orphanage/community center is being closed, so lets put on a show!" plot on the second to last episode? I guess its shocking they waited this long. At least it allowed some music to be played in this show about the music industry. 

Even though this season has been a massive disappointment on basically every level, I am still sad to see it ending next week. But, at least this means the actors can take their considerable talents elsewhere, to projects that actually make use of them, and doesn't shove them to the side for boring guest characters and repetitive subplots. This episode was clearly wrapping things up with the newbies so we can focus on the real main characters for the finale, which is nice, but you know what would have been nicer? If they focused on the main characters from day one of the season! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, CrystalMoon said:

I have a question. When Avery and Alanna are singing and Brad stops by, he asks Avery when he's going to leave "Renegade" and come to his record label so he (Avery) can have a real career. Renegade?! What is that? I thought Avery and everyone were with Highway 65. Is this something from way back in Season 1? I'm very confused. BTW, I had closed captioning on, so I know he said "Renegade."

I thought he said something along the lines of "when are you going to stop being a renegade and join Shiny New"?  As in, Avery being unsigned but working with all kinds of artists/labels because he knows the singers, kinda like freelancing.

• Love 2

Avery never signed with Luke, as far as I remember. He produced for Highway 65, and in Season 1 he was signed with ... someone else. I can't remember who. This was before he burned his masters. He's never been signed with anyone as a performer since, unless the guys' band had signed with Highway 65. 

But in any event, I just double checked the closed captioning, and Brad says, "Hey, you still with Renegade, huh? Let me know when you want to come over to Shiny..." It was "with Renegade," capitalized. Not "a renegade." 

(edited)
57 minutes ago, CrystalMoon said:

Avery never signed with Luke, as far as I remember. He produced for Highway 65, and in Season 1 he was signed with ... someone else. I can't remember who. This was before he burned his masters. He's never been signed with anyone as a performer since, unless the guys' band had signed with Highway 65. 

But in any event, I just double checked the closed captioning, and Brad says, "Hey, you still with Renegade, huh? Let me know when you want to come over to Shiny..." It was "with Renegade," capitalized. Not "a renegade." 

I actually listened to what he said and it was "hey, you still a renegade?"  Closed captioning isn't 100% and I've often seen it be completely wrong.  But if you listen carefully - and it's a little hard because the camera's not on Brad's face the entire time - he says "hey, you still a renegade?"  So yes, he said "renegade", but it's not a label or in reference to one.

Luke's label was Wheelin' Dealin', by the way.

Edited by piratewench
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, piratewench said:

I actually listened to what he said and it was "hey, you still a renegade?"  Closed captioning isn't 100% and I've often seen it be completely wrong.  But if you listen carefully - and it's a little hard because the camera's not on Brad's face the entire time - he says "hey, you still a renegade?"  So yes, he said "renegade", but it's not a label or in reference to one.

Also lukes label no longer exists. Rayna bought it and his artists too. We never see them but she did. Under Zach’s influence I believe.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, Moxie Cat said:

I only knew him as "the hot guy from the Stamford branch" on the first couple seasons of the Office, and then remembered that he was on Whose Line too. Just recently, I found out that he had a small part in a Star Trek: TNG ep (25 years ago!) He's a really versatile talent and this show would have no heart or center without him. Pretty amazing, given that the show was originally billed as three women in country music at different points in their career. I hope he gets some good opportunities out of this. Even in these crappy episodes, he gets at least one scene a week in which he just knocks it out of the park.

he was also on about 3 episodes of ER, season 14 as an orthopedist. He's very different --no yelling so took me a moment to spot him.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

he was also on about 3 episodes of ER, season 14 as an orthopedist. He's very different --no yelling so took me a moment to spot him.

He's not Deacon on everything....

• Love 1
On 7/22/2018 at 3:18 PM, piratewench said:

Yeah, I took it to mean that Avery wasn't with a label, or was still singing with the guys, not in any kind of official capacity. 

• Love 1
On 7/20/2018 at 1:55 PM, Efzee said:

Funny how Deacon is suddenly, second to last episode, "realizing" how his memory can play tricks on him. Guess that if Gideon hadn't been caught with booze, then he would have just been happy with having his dad back again and would stop arguing/blaming Gideon about his abusive childhood.

I am generally a pretty easy viewer, saving my rage for one or two select shows that I'm hardcore about. Almost nothing in this show has made me genuinely angry, but I hate this storyline with the heat of the sun. It's such a disservice to those who have suffered an abusive parent (or partner), especially one with devastating, lifelong repercussions like Deacon and his sister dealt with, to then have it revealed that they just didn't remember it correctly. That the parent/partner was just showing love in their way, or teaching a valuable lesson. Did they mis-remember bruises and broken bones, too? Gah. I get mad just typing that. Screw you, show.

• Love 7

On 7/20/2018 at 9:20 AM, deacondahling said:

Avery is at Juliette's with the baby, watching her press conference, then minutes later he's at the bar with Alannah. Gunner sits down to write a song, but we don't even see any of that.

Also, Scarlett shows up at Deacon's with chicken for him and Gideon, and then suddenly is in a diner with Gunnar.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:47 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

It's such a disservice to those who have suffered an abusive parent (or partner), especially one with devastating, lifelong repercussions like Deacon and his sister dealt with, to then have it revealed that they just didn't remember it correctly.

I agree. I really hated this storyline, with the girls pressuring Deacon to accept his father. He should have explained that sometimes family members are so abusive, you need to cut them out of your life forever. That's different from Rayna leaving Deacon the alcoholic but taking him back sober. And why was it that Deacon's member was faulty rather than Gideon's? Isn't it the abuser that denies his own bad behavior? Really disappointing storyline.

• Love 2