Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E12: 13 : Road to the Finals & Live Finale

• Start Topic

(edited)

I must be old, because I can't understand a single word of Ariana Grande's song...

Me either. And I'm admiring that the girl can dance in those heels. I'd break my neck. 

Man, I never thought I'd live to see the second coming of Vanilla Ice and a poor man's Vanilla Ice at that. Yeah, you Cody. 

And the Iggy whatever earlier?

I do know Christina Perri though. So I'm not totally out of it. Wonder what she'll sing?

ETA: My kids just informed me that Ariana Grande is Kat from Victorious and Sam and Cat. I feel so old. :sigh:

Edited by soapfaninnc

With the exception of someone being hurt (Tristan), is this the first time that a celebrity hasn't danced with their pro (NeNe and Tony)?  I thought the celeb always danced with their pro for the final results show?   Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but that tells me Tony and NeNe really didn't get along especially after the partner switch.

So disappointed the Meryl and Charlie dance was so short.  TPTB shouldn't have been pimping this like there's no tomorrow knowing it was going to be so short.

(edited)

Erin is wearing Scarlett's drapes, right?

They are really driving that showmance.  Look, the voting is over.  There's no need to do this anymore.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Love 2

Most of these acts are managed by Scooter Braun, of Justin Bieber fame.  That includes Ariana, Amber and Cody.  So I'm sure Scooter promised them Ariana or something as long as Cody got to perform too.  Ariana at least has a hit single at the moment.

They are so setting us up for an Meryl/Maks win.  I don't see any other way around it at this point or they wouldn't be editing them like this.

Ariana Grande is on a show on Nickelodeon with the actress who played Sam on iCarly (if you know your Nick shows). She sang at the VMAs last year and brought the house down with her ballad. The media concentrated on the Miley fiasco but Ariana was fantastic. I didn't watch the show but saw her song on Yahoo. I think she's one thing they've gotten right tonight. The local Top 40 station plays that song constantly.

How much time though do people think Meryl would have had to rehearse between doing Stars on Ice this week and all her finale dances?  There is only so much Meryl can do.  She's good, but she's not super woman.

US Weekly actually tweeted a few things that made it seem like it was a lot longer than what was aired. It was a modified version of Scheherazade with some of their Samson and Delilah lifts in it, so it's not like something all together foreign to her.

They sure don't choose their musical acts very well.  I guess I am too old to "get" either of these who have been on tonight.

Just trying to raise that 18-49 rating up. Grande and Azalea are both top 4 in the billboard charts right now.

(edited)

Just trying to raise that 18-49 rating up. Grande and Azalea are both top 4 in the billboard charts right now.

I listen to country music so no wonder I don't know these people.    I am on the late end of that demo and don't care for it at all.

I have enjoyed Amber's singing much more than I ever did her dancing.

Edited by smiley13
  • Love 1

Meryl and Maks were hilarious. I loved his responses, Meryl seemed a bit uncomfortable with the questions.

Damn! Amber can sing, she was great. Definitely the best performance of the night, not that there was much competition...lol.

• Love 3
(edited)

That's my girl...killing it. And sounding on point WHILE throwing in some dance moves. She and Val were adorable. I know some last season thought she and Val would have worked well together as pairing. 

Maybe I'm not reading enough into what Maks said but it sounded to me how he was saying she was resilient and he liked she was in the finals.

Oh I have no doubt that's what Maks meant but to make his point he had to say repeatedly how week after week after week people thought she was going home. Again, his delivery was just a little awkward but I'm sure he meant to be positive. And even he meant it to be positive, again I doubt Candace wanted to hear and be reminded how every week people thought she was going home.

Can I just say I think it's really cool that Amy is not afraid to make "fake legs" jokes. I remember the week of their swing dance how she and Derek joked about the possibility of her leg flying off in the dance and hitting one of the judges and tonight Derek's comment in the package that if there is a divorce he gets the legs was funny. I also for the first time tonight noticed that she had a few flirty moments with Derek that were kind of cute although I don't know if her boyfriend would appreciate it. 

Speaking of flirty, I really wish they hadn't gone there with Meryl and Maks in that package. This show has always had a habit at times with the overkill and just going over the top with something. I feel like we're well at that point with Meryl and Maks. I mean I'm sure there was more going on in their rehearsals and their partnership. Couldn't the producers have focused on something else. Maybe dorky things Meryl did in rehearsal or Maks did. No, it's more about their "maybe romance and passion and possible future babies..." Ugh

eta: That was great. Derek does well with the fusion dances. I find he always does well at seamlessly blending the two styles together so it looks like one dance rather than two separate dances.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

This may be a dumb question, but in regular non DWTS life, does Amy wear shoes?  I do not recall her wearing shoes for any of the dances.

And I do not mean this to be disrespectful to her in any way, I am just curious.

(edited)

Amy and Derek! That package showed what a great partnership they have! That dance was great! After seeing how much it hurts when her legs hit Derek I'm even more impressed by him and the legwork they do.

Edited by Corazi

This may be a dumb question, but in regular non DWTS life, does Amy wear shoes?  I do not recall her wearing shoes for any of the dances.

And I do not mean this to be disrespectful to her in any way, I am just curious.

I saw her in boots in one of the packages. 

I loved her dance tonight. No props - just dancing. Very well done.

Most people who wear prosthetic legs do wear shoes. My ex had to bring in the shoes he was going to wear and they formed the foot with the shoe in mind. That was 30 years ago but I imagine the process hasn't changed too much.

All tens for that was a joke!!  Should have been no better than nines IMO.  

I don't know why I continue to watch sometimes.  The Derek love is disturbing.  And of course he had to get in a thank you to Conrad Green.  

• Love 1

From the paparazzi photos I've seen, she does. Which makes sense because they're her feet. Also, prosthetics aren't cheap.

They are really driving that showmance.  Look, the voting is over.  There's no need to do this anymore.

I think they're contractually obligated to drive the showmance until the finale's over. In their heads people actually believe it's a real romance, you can't blow that until after the mirror ball drops. LOL

From the paparazzi photos I've seen, she does. Which makes sense because they're her feet. Also, prosthetics aren't cheap.

Then I wonder why she didn't dance in them?

I do not recall her wearing shoes for any of the dances.

She wore ballroom heels for her Cha Cha in week one and she wore boots for Swing in week two. 

After seeing how much it hurts when her legs hit Derek I'm even more impressed by him and the legwork they do.

I remember in the longer video of her and Derek's first practice before the season premiered, she warned him that the prosphetics were made of carbon fiber and that they hurt a lot if hit with them. 

After taking a break to watch the cuteness that is The Little Couple, I'm reluctantly tuning back in for the last hurrah for this season.

I'm already over this one and ready for the next season.  Let's get this over with.

Candace looked more comfortable than she has with any other dance. She seemed so joyful, it was a great dance for her to end the season on! Mark seemed to be in a lot of pain. I hope he can take the time to heal now.

The only thing missing is the curtain rod.

• Love 2

Why is Amy crying again? I sort of expect it from some of these actor/model/singer types but you'd think that athletes would be a little bit tougher.

She's sad about the experience ending.  She can't cry about that?

• Love 1

Can they just give Maks, oh I mean Maks and Meryl the MBT and get this over with.

Only if he pinkie swears 13 times to retire for good after the season. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Meryl and Maks were awesome! I always enjoy their dancing and this was no different. It's sad that she had that little mess up now, but she still looked amazing.

ETA: Judges. I want Meryl to win too, but seriously? She did mess up, it wasn't hidden, I don't think that 30 was right. I can see what everyone is complaining about. 

Edited by Corazi
(edited)

I thought Candace did a great job! So glad she was in the finals.

Freaking 9s from the judges? WTHeck? Boo!!!' Did Candace ever get a perfect score? I hope she wins. That is all I can say.

ETA-I would like to add how much I love the Carol Burnett Show references. One of my favorite skits too.

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 1
(edited)

When was the last time a finalist was that far behind in the judges' scores? Just making me root for Candace more. She may have finished in 3rd, but I still like her more than any of the other five people on stage. JMHO

Edited by Runningwild

3rd place was expected. Obvious choices are obvious

Not for me, third should have been Amy and that's being generous.  I don't think she even should have been in the finals.

• Love 3