Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm not at all sorry to see Sara go.  I used to like her but her wishy-washy opinions have begun to annoy me

I'm not sorry either but I think there is no way they will get rid of Meghan now.

• Love 3

I feel like the other two departures make it more likely rather than less. Better to start clean that drag someone on for another year they'll eventually fire. I wouldn't be surprised if ABC was dumb enough to give her a second season though--for the same reason she was hired, nepotism--but I'm going to hold out hope especially since even Whoopi should be done with her after this. Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny should go to the executives and take out the trash as a team.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

They use it as a dog whistle and it fits their narrative that she is anti-Christianity. Therefore, she is not one of us.  She is an other.

I think (some) people assume all New Yorkers are Jewish.

1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I feel like the other two departures make it more likely rather than less. Better to start clean that drag someone on for another year they'll eventually fire. I wouldn't be surprised if ABC was dumb enough to give her a second season though--for the same reason she was hired, nepotism--but I'm going to hold out hope especially since even Whoopi should be done with her after this. Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny should go to the executives and take out the trash as a team.

Who is MM popular with?  I haven't heard that anyone likes her, but then I don't hang out with the Fox viewers.  Maybe they're waiting for her father to die.  

• Love 3

I think it is an interesting testament to the character of the two conservatives on the panel.  Megan McCain a resident at the table apologizes to JP.  Who by the way didn't have one nice return compliment to say to Megan, as MM was kissing her butt.

Ana Navarro, frequent guest who hugs Whoppi after the segment and backs her publicly on Twitter. I'm sure Ana was very appreciative of the women who didn't back down and ask her to sit out the JP segment. 

Even if MM didn't apologize, there is no reason for her to be silent on the JP issue.  Not only did JP ignore her completely, but she insulted her cohosts and disrespected The View audience.  MM should have enough principles and back Whoppi publicly on that alone. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Even if MM didn't apologize, there is no reason for her to be silent on the JP issue.  Not only did JP ignore her completely, but she insulted her cohosts and disrespected The View audience.  MM should have enough principles and back Whoppi publicly on that alone. 

Remember that day she got into an argument with Sunny over SHS being protested at some restaurant and she told Joy that if a restaurant in Texas tried to refuse service to Joy (misrepresenting what actually happened to SHS, but this was what she said), that they would "have a fight" with McCain! What a crock full of crap that was then, but even more now when she won't even defend her fellow co-host--a co-host who kisses her ass, btw--on the show that employs her. She's nothing but a two-faced snake.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Remember that day she got into an argument with Sunny over SHS being protested at some restaurant and she told Joy that if a restaurant in Texas tried to refuse service to Joy (misrepresenting what actually happened to SHS, but this was what she said), that they would "have a fight" with McCain! What a crock full of crap that was then, but even more now when she won't even defend her fellow co-host--a co-host who kisses her ass, btw--on the show that employs her. She's nothing but a two-faced snake.

Lol, I do remember that!!!  The funny thing is, even if she didn't like Whoppi's response or was trying to kiss JP's butt, why I have no idea, the woman is certifiable.  The fact that JP referred to them as "cocksuckers" in front of the audience and verbally attacked both the producers and security, that alone should of warranted a response from MM.  You don't want to back Whoppi? Fine, but at least have some loyalty to your place of employment, your audience, and co-workers.

• Love 14
On 7/20/2018 at 11:39 AM, RHJunkie said:

When that guest on your show is using their airtime to label you in a manner that you find personally insulting and a mischaracterization of who you are as a person, it's most definitely the right time to address it. You can't have a set of rules for proper decorum as a host but have none for the guest. If a guest wants to say something toward one of their 'hosts' that was intended to and received as an insult, then I see no reason why it would be inappropriate for the target of that insult to respond in that moment. I don't think Whoopi's initial response was inappropriate. She was passionate in her response but she wasn't rude or personally attacking Jeanine. What set Whoopi off was just after saying that she didn't appreciate having the President label Mexicans as liars, murderers and rapists, Jeanine's response was a roundabout way of defending Trump was to say that it's unfair when an American dies at the hand of an illegal immigrant. It was a hateful, vile and ignorant comment to which Whoopi's 'You're done, Goodbye!' was what I think was out of line as a 'host' but also, I'm not one of those people that think there should be tolerance toward those who preach intolerance.

I had no problem with Whoopi addressing what she said re Trump Derangement Syndrome (even though I don't think it helped matters to fly off the handle the way she did as a result of the comment), but I didn't think JP's comment was bad, either. To be clear, I wouldn't broadly paint Mexican immigrants -- legal or otherwise -- as those things, but I have to roll my eyes when people pearl-clutch over that comment as though they're just against intolerant rhetoric. Hell, most in the media don't even like using the term "illegal immigrant", so at a certain point we have to acknowledge that there's a deeper disconnect than a matter of tolerance.

Whoopi only brought up Trump because of Jeanine's accusation toward her. And funnily enough, Jeanine was perfectly fine discussing Trump all segment when it suited her, but when Ana put her on the spot on her beliefs on whether Trump embraces the conservative ideals of the Republican party, Jeanine said 'I'm not here to discuss Trump'. Which is fine, she doesn't have to answer, but it's one-dimensional to focus the attention on Whoopi's reaction without the context of Jeanine's manipulative behaviour. She hurled the comment toward Whoopi with a smirk on her face and that smirk never left her face up until the camera cut to commercial. She was looking to instigate and incite and it's just my personal opinion that being a 'guest' doesn't exempt you from being called out when that's the kind of behaviour you want to exhibit.

JP is a tough cookie. That's not an excuse for anything she said, but I think she answered the way she did out of honesty, not as a provocation. That's why I said earlier that people like Ana and Joy and Whoopi get away with a lot because of their political ideals. I could easily see them being labeled combative or instigators or what-have-you if they held different political beliefs, but since they don't, they're just opinionated and out-spoken. I don't think there's any difference with JP, which is probably why Whoopi get so upset. Plus, I think JP did start to address Ana's point by saying name the group that's worse off since Trump took office. That's a separate issue, of course, but it's not that she tried to totally duck the question. And it seemed like a pivot away from what JP was talking about to begin with vis-a-vis the FISA warrant.

(edited)
4 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I don't know if this is appropriate, feel free to move it.  Make sure to read the comments section, below the article.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/22/judge-jeanine-pirro-view-it-microcosm-hatred-president-trump

As stated by other posters, JP is gonna milk this as much as possible. Her sole purpose for going on the show was to wreck havoc and play the victim of the so-called horrible liberals at ABC. She would’ve preferred the “take down” of Joy but jumped on the opportunity to “take down” Whoopi instead (I’m putting it in parentheses for a reason). She also claimed that what happened between her and Whoopi helped her book sales. She had a very specific purpose for going on the show and her viewers are eating it up. I can’t say this enough - I’m really glad Joy wasn’t there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/books/jeanine-pirro-thanks-whoopi-goldberg-helping-make-book-number-one/amp/

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 10
(edited)
41 minutes ago, 27bored said:

That's why I said earlier that people like Ana and Joy and Whoopi get away with a lot because of their political ideals. I could easily see them being labeled combative or instigators or what-have-you if they held different political beliefs, but since they don't, they're just opinionated and out-spoken. I don't think there's any difference with JP, which is probably why Whoopi get so upset.

They don’t, at all. Just read the reviews on Amazon on JP’s book mentioning the ladies on The View; hell, take a look on twitter at what many have to say about Ana, Whoopi, Sunny and Joy before and after the situation. They’re getting slaughtered. And Joy wasn’t even there but a good bulk of hardcore fans of JP hate Joy period so she’s being dragged in it regardless. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, 27bored said:

That's why I said earlier that people like Ana and Joy and Whoopi get away with a lot because of their political ideals. I could easily see them being labeled combative or instigators or what-have-you if they held different political beliefs, but since they don't, they're just opinionated and out-spoken.

What?  Ana is a consevative Republican. Joy is a liberal Democrat. Whoopi is socially liberal but fiscally conservative. They may agree about Trump, but that's all.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

What?  Ana is a consevative Republican. Joy is a liberal Democrat. Whoopi is socially liberal but fiscally conservative. They may agree about Trump, but that's all.

And because of how outspoken Ana has been about Trump, she’s repeatedly labeled a RINO. Let’s not forget that even Meghan questioned when Ana was leaving the Republican Party on the show.

• Love 13
56 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

As stated by other posters, JP is gonna milk this as much as possible. Her sole purpose for going on the show was to wreck havoc and play the victim of the so-called horrible liberals at ABC. She would’ve preferred the “take down” of Joy but jumped on the opportunity to “take down” Whoopi instead (I’m putting it in parentheses for a reason). She also claimed that what happened between her and Whoopi helped her book sales. She had a very specific purpose for going on the show and her viewers are eating it up. I can’t say this enough - I’m really glad Joy wasn’t there.

Me, too!  She didn't come to calmly discuss anything.  I suppose they played into her hands, but I too would have gone ballistic at the "murdering children" remark.  

• Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, Haleth said:

There's still the sticking point of her home and bf in Miami. Would she want to split her time between FL and NY?  I don't know what Tara's story is.  Does she have a show on another network?  Is she based in NYC?

With apologies b/c I'm tired and a bit lazy today, here's the link and an excerpt from Tara's website; She's already on the ABC News payroll, based out of NYC where she lives with her husband, and is well-positioned to join the panel of The View if she is asked and so desires.

https://www.tarasetmayer.com/about

"Tara Setmayer is a CNN Political Commentator, ABC News Political Contributor and former GOP communications director on Capitol Hill. She regularly appears on CNN's prime time programs and contributes to ABC's The View, Good Morning America and HBO's Real Time w/Bill Maher."

She's been my top pick for this job since I first saw her about two years ago.  Hope it comes to be!

• Love 4
(edited)

If I was Whoopi I'd be furious with the producers.  They set the hosts up imo. The hosts had nothing to gain by interviewing JP. She gained book sales and viewers to her ridiculous show. The View I guess gets attention.   Whoopi and Joy get dragged by the right.  They all Had to know that JP was going there to stir up shit.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 12
(edited)
51 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I wouldn't have a problem with Tara, but Ana is still my first pick.

I love Ana too, but I've given up on hoping for her because I don't think she wants the job on a permanent basis.  She's pretty much stated so when asked.  Her Miami guy is Gene Prescott, president of the Coral Gables Biltmore Hotel - not conducive for him to relocate.  Ana has said in the past that she tires with all the travel and periodically cuts her schedule back to remain in Florida.  Commuting weekly doesn't sound like her Plan A.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 5