Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Gonna Hurt

• Start Topic

I kept thinking, "Why has Angelville fallen into such disrepair just because Jesse wasn't there?" But then I considered that her other two employees were TC and Jody and...there you go.

Cass and Tulip are gonna have to learn the hard way to defer to Jesse's expertise on Gran'ma.

• Love 2

The glowing pinpoints of light in Dog-God's goggles when he got off the Harley were a nice touch.

You'd think that Cassidy would have learned to be a little more cautious about letting people know about his vampire-ness by now.

Granny has a jackalope mounted on the wall next to her clock. With all the weirdness on this show, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the real thing. I'm guessing that her phone connects directly to Hell, judging by the voice that answered when Tulip picked it up.

I'm sure there's a fascinating tale about why T.C. has a lizard dingle.

Personally, I thought last night's episode was a little dull. Hopefully, it'll pick up next week. 

I have no idea what's going on with the dingle. Did Tulip put a baby alligator/lizard on it? Was it a baby alligator/lizard? No idea. 

• Love 1

I know I ask the same question after each show, but do you still believe that’s God in the Dog on a Hog? I still can’t see it, unless they’ve got a real downer on what God could be like.

so we’ve now got Fight Club with Jesse as ringmaster, it’s looking like we might have a ‘Hershel’s Farm’ situation going on, I don’t mind staying put in one local as long as there’s plenty going on, we need to see Arseface and ‘Hilter’ To mix things up a bit anytime soon!

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Sandman87 said:

I'm sure there's a fascinating tale about why T.C. has a lizard dingle.

16 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Tulip was playing with a (dried? figurine?) baby alligator before she wanted to see TC’s dingle. I think she squeezed the alligator’s teeth into the dingle in order to get the information she wanted. 

LOL, that was a such a true WTF moment, I had to rewind it to just to make sure! Tulip indeed clamped it onto his dingle to try and get the information she wanted...can't say I blame her, really, considering the alternative! Later, he appeared to be removing his hair from the baby gators teeth and saving it aside for some reason.  So strange.

12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Just got a good look at TC and realized that he was the weird announcer on the TV show "Blood Drive".

Colin Cunningham; He was John Pope on Falling Skies. They butchered that character so badly that I thought maybe he wasn't that great an actor, "TC" is proving me wrong on that one; such a bizarrely weird, believable character. I almost didn't recognize him right away either. 

The Almighty is basically making shit up as he goes along. And I’m disappointed we didn’t get “DON’T FUCK WITH GOD” from the source material. Maybe f-bombs can only be used so often?

• Love 1
On 7/9/2018 at 8:12 AM, 17wheatthins said:

Tulip was playing with a (dried? figurine?) baby alligator before she wanted to see TC’s dingle. I think she squeezed the alligator’s teeth into the dingle in order to get the information she wanted. 

You are right. Dingle is what T.C. calls his manhood. It must be a weebitty dingle. After the way Tulip rammed that stuffed baby gator up onto his dingle.Prior to putting the gun to Cassidy's head he was in a shed picking the pubes out of the stuffed gators teeth,lol. But, before anyone laughs just remember it is not the size of a person, or thing, but how they use what the good lord gave them! But, in this case laugh your arse off, lol........................................ . 

17 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I know I ask the same question after each show, but do you still believe that’s God in the Dog on a Hog? I still can’t see it, unless they’ve got a real downer on what God could be like.

so we’ve now got Fight Club with Jesse as ringmaster, it’s looking like we might have a ‘Hershel’s Farm’ situation going on, I don’t mind staying put in one local as long as there’s plenty going on, we need to see Arseface and ‘Hilter’ To mix things up a bit anytime soon!

When Tulip was talking to him on the road I was beginning to think it was smoke and mirrors. Like when they met the fake God in the beginning. But, when he pulled the Alpha&Omega bit a blew her off her feet I thought it might be the real God in a dog on a hog. If not, at least it is fun stating God in a dog on a hog. Where on earth ever have you heard that,thought that, spoke that, lol. Creative OoohMaggie!

• Love 2

The Mod & God in a dog on a hog scene was nice and all, but do people have free will, does God already know what is about to happen, can Satan's interaction add a degree of uncertainty to the situation that might allow Tulip to indeed kick God in the "Nads".

11 hours ago, Daltrey said:

Colin Cunningham; He was John Pope on Falling Skies. They butchered that character so badly that I thought maybe he wasn't that great an actor, "TC" is proving me wrong on that one; such a bizarrely weird, believable character. I almost didn't recognize him right away either.

He was a solid performer in guest appearances on Stargate SG-1, and the best thing about Blood Drive by far.

• Love 3

Forgot about my fave part . . . Tulip jumps out the window. You hear grumbling and “No, you don’t!” And then she’s thrown back inside, clipping the guy she was fighting. ? 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

You are right. Dingle is what T.C. calls his manhood. It must be a weebitty dingle. After the way Tulip rammed that stuffed baby gator up onto his dingle.Prior to putting the gun to Cassidy's head he was in a shed picking the pubes out of the stuffed gators teeth,lol. But, before anyone laughs just remember it is not the size of a person, or thing, but how they use what the good lord gave them! But, in this case laugh your arse off, lol........................................ . 

When Tulip was talking to him on the road I was beginning to think it was smoke and mirrors. Like when they met the fake God in the beginning. But, when he pulled the Alpha&Omega bit a blew her off her feet I thought it might be the real God in a dog on a hog. If not, at least it is fun stating God in a dog on a hog. Where on earth ever have you heard that,thought that, spoke that, lol. Creative OoohMaggie!

I think now that maybe T.C. had himself turned into a Hermaphrodite...Gluttens that they are!! His Valley, his Dale...his Dingle Crunch Berry..!!!

• Love 1
On 7/9/2018 at 1:30 PM, OoohMaggie said:

I know I ask the same question after each show, but do you still believe that’s God in the Dog on a Hog?

If he has his new girl drive him off the highway and over to the bayou, he can be God in the Dog on a Hog in the Bog.

All of the G-D stuff reminds me of some trivia: An old insulting pun for the Dominican Order was Domini canes; "The Dogs of God."

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Sandman87 said:

he can be God in the Dog on a Hog in the Bog.

The Dogs Of God, there’s a film or a biker gang in there somewhere,

If they have an unusually cool evening  he can be God in a Dog on a Hog in the bog in the fog!  Lol

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
On 7/9/2018 at 4:30 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be God.  I've never read the comic, but from what I understand of it, yes they have a real downer on what God could be like.  I wouldn't look to be taking your spiritual cues from Preacher anytime soon.  

I'll admit I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about Preacher returning, but I've been enjoying season three quite a bit so far.  Certainly more so than season two.  I'm finding the whole voodoo thing with Angelville fascinating.  

By the way, I had forgotten all about Arseface until you mentioned him in your post.  It would be nice to see what's up with him.  And Hitler.

• Love 2

NOOOOOO NOT THE IMMORTAL CHICKEN!

I'm betting it's going to be up and around next ep, though. I think that's Gran'ma's late husband.

Well, Angelville does NOT improve upon more intimate acquaintance, does it? It must be infuriating to be Jesse, trying to convince these two thick-as-a-brick lunkheads that it doesn't matter what kind of terrible pasts they've had, or what lowlifes they've run into, they are in no way prepared to deal with Madame Marie.  You can warn and warn and warn people and they still just insist on going their own way. That's what God Dog Hog* was trying to drill into Tulip's stubborn head, knowing the whole time that's she's so invested in her image of the O'Hare's Dumbass Curse that she's going to just go ahead and get herself entangled in a crap net anyway. 

Cass and Tulip are gonna have to learn the hard way to defer to Jesse's expertise on Gran'ma.

Yep, and frankly, it serves them right. I get, like I said, that these two have seen so much crazy shit they think they're prepared for anything and all, but man, you'd think after a while they'd just get sick of having to learn the hard way over an over again.

And that ESPECIALLY goes for Cassidy, all glib Irish charm and dumbassery, who not only insists on not listening but on trying to grab what isn't his: that is, Tulip's affections. He's the essence not of a vampire--that's incidental--but humanity. He's hard to kill, and spends most of his time high, fucking, or defeating morons who have no idea what they're up against, so he's developed along the lines of a spoiled and lucky kid who gets what he wants all the time, and when something comes along that he can't have, he gets so damn pigheaded that he walks right into situations he could have avoided if he'd just stop and think that maybe he doesn't know everything, that MAYBE Jesse Custer is trying to save his stupid stupid life!

*Hmmmm...perhaps God in the Dog on the Hog wants to take in a light jog in the bog? Too bad about the fog!

• Love 2
On 7/11/2018 at 6:34 AM, OoohMaggie said:

The Dogs Of God, there’s a film or a biker gang in there somewhere,

If they have an unusually cool evening  he can be God in a Dog on a Hog in the bog in the fog!  Lol

God in a dog jogging while wearing his clogs  in the bog, thought it was a slog. Jumped on his hog for a ride in the bog and the fog. God in a dog no longer jogging and thinking what a slog, but riding his hog while wearing his clogs, passed by a frog on a log in the blog. God in a dog, on a hog, wearing his clogs, no longer jogging and slogging asked the frog where are Heavens Dogs? The frog on the log in the bog and fog croaked Heavens Dogs await you at the pearly gates. God in a dog on a hog wearing clogs riding in the bog and fog trying to reach his Heavens Dogs waiting at the pearly gates must face off with Herr Starr to get out of the bog, out of the fog, out of the clogs and back through Heavens Gate where his dogs await! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

God in a dog jogging while wearing his clogs  in the bog, thought it was a slog. Jumped on his hog for a ride in the bog and the fog. God in a dog no longer jogging and thinking what a slog, but riding his hog while wearing his clogs, passed by a frog on a log in the blog. God in a dog, on a hog, wearing his clogs, no longer jogging and slogging asked the frog where are Heavens Dogs? The frog on the log in the bog and fog croaked Heavens Dogs await you at the pearly gates. God in a dog on a hog wearing clogs riding in the bog and fog trying to reach his Heavens Dogs waiting at the pearly gates must face off with Herr Starr to get out of the bog, out of the fog, out of the clogs and back through Heavens Gate where his dogs await! 

I think we have a winner ???? Lol

• Love 3
6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

If so we are all winners. As, I took all the comments you and the others made above  about God to come up with one long God poem. But, I truly believe Herr Starr isn't helping God, but  is helping  his nemesis the devil. I believe that is God in a dog on a hog. But, I do not believe that is his son Jesus pissing on the leg of mankind.  I think Herr Starr is up to the devils old tricks for him. The fact that God told Tulip to Get, or was it Kill those S.O.B.'s ! Genesis may be the real son of God. Or, Jesus soul displaced by Herr Starr/Satan when they were trying to steal it, just a thought. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, WalkerTalker said:

Jesus pissing on the leg of mankind

Sounds like a Frank Zappa track!  

I swear I’m going to get a T Shirt with that on, I love the things people come out with ?

• Love 4
On 7/14/2018 at 6:31 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Sounds like a Frank Zappa track!  

I swear I’m going to get a T Shirt with that on, I love the things people come out with ?

Jesus pissing on the leg of mankind because mankind's shining Starr has gaslighted God and his son. Twisted the word to validate their cruel world. My FZ homage.

8 hours ago, Sandman87 said:

Nah, sounds more like Nurse With Wound doing a cover of Zappa's "Jesus Thinks You're a Jerk."

How right you are Sandman87, how right you are! When I think of that perverted Jesus scene it fits right into Nurse With  Wound doing  Zappa, Jesus Thinks You're  a Jerk. My favorite line in that song is the very last line. 

On 7/13/2018 at 2:01 PM, OoohMaggie said:

On 7/13/2018 at 11:18 AM, WalkerTalker said:

have you considered going on ritalin for a bit?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, 1 who Knocks-Nuihc said:

have you considered going on ritalin for a bit?

LOL................................................................................................................................................ . 

On 7/9/2018 at 2:01 AM, Sandman87 said:

You'd think that Cassidy would have learned to be a little more cautious about letting people know about his vampire-ness by now.

I think he was just being sulky because he was ticked at Jesse, and Jesse did take the blood bags so he was probably really hungry. Still though, Jesse warned him. 

On 7/9/2018 at 6:42 PM, Superclam said:

Yeah, I think it is G-d, and a flawed one at that. 

I think Tulip was right about him not having a test or a plan and that he wanted to just take off. I think he just went nuts because humanity just went so off the rails that he doesn't know what else to do. 

On 7/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, Daltrey said:

He was John Pope on Falling Skies.

He was also on SG1. Pope was a terrible character once TPTB realized he was taking away from Noah Wyle's character being the "hero", so they wrote Pope just as a jerk. He also played the devil on the criminally unknown and underrated The Collector. 

Although not too much happened, they did move the plot along. Once the glue guy mentioned the tombs, obviously we knew they would come up, but I didn't think that soon. The pace is a little better this season for me. 

• Love 2

Late viewer. Season 1 I found a lot of scenes were repulsive, in the eps, and season 2 was better. This season I just find again has a lot of repulsive scenes, I end up not watching or muting it. Like the animals going into the chipper was one.

I don't understand why the Boyds wouldn't want to help get rid of Jesse. I can't imagine they want the competition to start up. Tulip just should have said that.

Overall not enjoying as much as last season so far.