Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Question for you all- If Coast 2 Coast make it to F2- and I guess even if they don't- F3 is still pretty good. Where would you guys rank their duo in the hall of famous BB duos? 

For me Chilltown is always #1- but I think C2C would for sure be in my top 4- I've really enjoyed them and their friendship and they were just fun to watch for me at least. 

I'm a big Jason/Danielle fan myself. Didn't make F2, but my favorite duo to watch.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Have to give them credit for being one of the most unswervingly solid duos in the annals of BB history.

Agreed. They were rock solid. I guess being in an alliance within a bigger alliance helped. But the fact that NO ONE has had any idea is pretty impressive. 

In thinking about it more they might be my #2- in front of The Renegades and then The Hitmen. But that could be because of recency bias. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, LGGirl said:

And that was the point in the game where Tyler dropped the ball on his game.  He laid a good foundation but did not continue to nurture his game after that, which was a mistake.  

Frankly, I think Tyler spread himself too thin.  I don’t care HOW good a juggler Tyler is, there simply weren’t enough hours in the day to keep all his balls in the air.  ;)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

Agreed. They were rock solid. I guess being in an alliance in a bigger alliance helped. But the fact that NO ONE has had any idea is pretty impressive. 

In thinking about it more they might be my #2- in front of The Renegades and then The Hitmen. But that could be because of recency bias. 

Do you mean the Renegades #1? 

Or Hitmen #1?

The coach/MVP argument doesn’t completely make sense though because winning this game depends heavily on jury management. And so far, Kaycee has outplayed Tyler tenfold. Remember when Bayleigh got backdoored by Angela, and Kaycee cried in the geo room because she was upset about it? Meanwhile Tyler said “you’re not getting my vote to stay so go ahead and cancel it”. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

I'm sorry I should have clarified. 

1. Chilltown 

2. Coast 2 Coast 

3. The Renegades 

4. Hitmen 

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up!

2 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

The coach/MVP argument doesn’t completely make sense though because winning this game depends heavily on jury management. And so far, Kaycee has outplayed Tyler tenfold. Remember when Bayleigh got backdoored by Angela, and Kaycee cried in the geo room because she was upset about it? Meanwhile Tyler said “you’re not getting my vote to stay so go ahead and cancel it”. 

Yeah, I'm totally fine with people voting for Kaycee because they like her better. That's a totally reasonable way to play to win. 

Tyler's angle is strictly a more clinical argument, and there is nothing wrong at all to prefer her charm to his clinical success. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

This is not true. You cannot contract away all liability in California (this is true of most states).   There are plenty of causes of action that the HGs could pursue in theory. As a practical matter, though, it can be difficult to sue big companies.

Huh. I didn't know that. I've always assumed that they basically signed their lives away and they were screwed. I mean, they're probably still screwed, trying to go up against CBS in a lawsuit, but I didn't realize that they could in theory. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

[CBS] didn't want to waste [Tyler] on OTT ...

OTT is like the best season in the past 5 years. But I am so glad Tyler didn't get cast because he would have ruined what made it great lol.

4 hours ago, gunderda said:

It will be curious to see what Kaycee says to Angela if she does evict her.  Does she spill that her and tyler have been F2 since the beginning with JC still there? Or does she just do a fluff speech so that L6 still isn't exposed. 

I was gonna ask if Kaycee or Tyler had told Angela about their game long F2, but I have my answer now.

29 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Question for you all- If Coast 2 Coast make it to F2- and I guess even if they don't- F3 is still pretty good. famous BB duos? 

The only duos I liked were Dan/Memphis and Kaysar/Janelle.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, green said:

BTW they made JC move out of the HOH room before noon since it is being locked up for the season.  JC was a little disappointed since he thought he would get to stay there in royal splendor until the end.

FFD1EF4A-66A7-4BF3-A544-6107BF1B8076.png.75ab27ef34ee999ee2c8547d411d1ccd.png

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

OTT is like the best season in the past 5 years. But I am so glad Tyler didn't get cast because he would have ruined what made it great lol

What I really miss from the OTT formate were the live DR’s. They got simple questions with no edit. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Frankly, I think Tyler spread himself too thin.  I don’t care HOW good a juggler Tyler is, there simply weren’t enough hours in the day to keep all his balls in the air.  ;)

I agree.   Which is why I don’t consider Tyler and Kaycee a duo.  If she was evicted earlier, he would have replaced her with one of his other 100 final two deals. 

• Love 6
Just now, Nashville said:

So... who else is looking forward to this time next week, and getting a significant chunk of your life time back?  ;)

I watch way too much TV, but yeah, the live element of this show really does suck up way too much time, as there's always something new to discuss at, like, any given minute. 

However, I also write about the Knicks and Big Brother ends just in time for Knicks season to start, soooooo...not much in the way of extra free time. :)

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I agree.   Which is why I don’t consider Tyler and Kaycee a duo.  If she was evicted earlier, he would have replaced her with one of his other 100 final two deals. 

Maybe. But Kaycee has won 5 vetos in a row, so she had zero chance of being evicted. Also, I don’t think any of Tyler’s allies would have both the winning ability coupled with loyalty that Kaycee has. 

Theyre a duo because they’ve stuck together without wavering since Day 1/2, and have both brought different elements and abilities to the game, when coupled together have been virtually unbeatable. 

If one were evicted, sure they’d find someone else to take the evicted’s place. But it doesn’t diminish what they’ve done and accomplished together. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

So... who else is looking forward to this time next week, and getting a significant chunk of your life time back?  ;)

Thank God Survivor and Dancing with the Stars starts next week. From one batshit insane fan base to another. CALL SHARNA'S RED HAIR TRASHY ONE MORE TIME, I'MMA COMING FOR YOU!

It's like I have an addiction that I can't shake and I'm all right with that.

• Love 18
Just now, Callaphera said:

Thank God Survivor and Dancing with the Stars starts next week. From one batshit insane fan base to another. CALL SHARNA'S RED HAIR TRASHY ONE MORE TIME, I'MMA COMING FOR YOU!

It's like I have an addiction that I can't shake and I'm all right with that.

Same here - but NONE of my other addictions have anywhere near an equivalent time suck as does BB.  :)

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Maybe. But Kaycee has won 5 vetos in a row, so she had zero chance of being evicted. Also, I don’t think any of Tyler’s allies would have both the winning ability coupled with loyalty that Kaycee has. 

Theyre a duo because they’ve stuck together without wavering since Day 1/2, and have both brought different elements and abilities to the game, when coupled together have been virtually unbeatable. 

If one were evicted, sure they’d find someone else to take the evicted’s place. But it doesn’t diminish what they’ve done and accomplished together. 

Also, Tyler has been dead set on not allowing Kaycee to be evicted. He never had a, "If she goes, she goes" attitude like he did for Scottie/Kaitlyn/Rachel/Brett. There was no way he wanted to replace her. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was gonna ask if Kaycee or Tyler had told Angela about their game long F2, but I have my answer now.

They said they were going to tell her in their good-bye messages because if Kaycee gave it as the reason for voting out Angela, which she has to do publicly in front of JC, then JC would know of their F2 which is no bueno for them.  They have to keep the little rat pacified through the last HOH.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Agreed. They were rock solid. I guess being in an alliance within a bigger alliance helped. But the fact that NO ONE has had any idea is pretty impressive. 

I always liked Dan and Memphis myself.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, Dan and Memphis is definitely a fave of mine. Dan really chose well in Memphis, but at the same time, Memphis got way further with Dan than he would have without Dan. 

I always thought one reason why Dan wasn’t as successful the second time was he didn’t have a wing man he considered a partner. someone to keep him centered 

Danielle was more a slave, never an equal. She had no real pull with Dan.

• Love 3
Just now, Irishsecra said:

I always thought one reason why Dan wasn’t as successful the second time was he didn’t have a wing man he considered a partner. someone to keep him centered 

Danielle was more a slave, never an equal. She had no real pull with Dan.

While true (and boy, he got super gross with her at times), they also had all predetermined they weren't rewarding him a second time, so I think there was no way for him to be as successful as he was in BB10. That he got to the finals is still REMARKABLE. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

While true (and boy, he got super gross with her at times), they also had all predetermined they weren't rewarding him a second time, so I think there was no way for him to be as successful as he was in BB10. That he got to the finals is still REMARKABLE. 

Yep. As Britney said, he played a much better game but could have been sitting next to a ketchup bottle and lost.  And, as I've mentioned, he also mentioned the change in the Jury questioning format contributing to his loss. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

I don't know why but that picture cracked me up. Maybe because it looks like they're building it on some random green space corner of a street. Just lah di dah, don't mind us Mrs. Stewart, you keep walking your dog, Sparky's preferred poop space will be back to normal in two days. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

That relationship was really uncomfortable to watch too. Danielle was so needy and easy to manipulate, and Dan seized on that. She was also way more interested in Shane than he was in her.

• Love 2

WTF?

In the article linked above by missyb, Sam says......

“I think Kaycee is playing the best game so far because she is maintaining a high energy, submissive position."

.......with no further explanation.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

WTF?

In the article linked above by missyb, Sam says......

“I think Kaycee is playing the best game so far because she is maintaining a high energy, submissive position."

.......with no further explanation.

Sigh...

• Love 2

“I think that Haleigh and Kaitlyn were attempting to duplicate strategies they had seen as successful in previous seasons. I was unaware that being on this show gave you a free pass to act a fool. I see them now as young women experimenting and at the beginning of finding themselves. I can’t fault them for that,” she said.

From the article. What the F does she know about past seasons and strategies ? Oh, i remember now, RS told her.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, missyb said:

“I think that Haleigh and Kaitlyn were attempting to duplicate strategies they had seen as successful in previous seasons. I was unaware that being on this show gave you a free pass to act a fool. I see them now as young women experimenting and at the beginning of finding themselves. I can’t fault them for that,” she said.

From the article. What the F does she know about past seasons and strategies ? Oh, i remember now, RS told her.

So self-righteous. I also saw that she said she knows now Tyler is a "young man with questionable morals."

Yeah, because Sam's the epitome of what we should should all strive to be like, right? 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, mooses said:

So self-righteous. I also saw that she said she knows now Tyler is a "young man with questionable morals."

Yeah, because Sam's the epitome of what we should should all strive to be like, right? 

I wonder if she knows how to use the word sanctimonious much ?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

You can tell JC really struggled with the nominations speech.

He had no good reason to put them up. Should’ve just said “Let’s just play the veto.”

The FOUTTE house! Julie throwing the shade!

• Love 3