Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Depends on how much you use, and what you’re trying to do. Salt in the soil absorbs free water, which reduces the amount available for root uptake.  Usually that’s a bad thing - but if your environment stays supersaturated a lot of the time, salt can be used (sparingly) to balance it out.

She added ripped up (and I'm assuming wet) paper towel to the pot as well before she added the salt. Which... the paper towel would hold onto more water and then the salt would negate that extra water? It was definitely an already producing tomato plant that had at least two baby tomatoes on it - one red, one unripened - and the leaves were looking a little wilty, kinda like they do when some dumbass waters their tomato plants in full sunshine in the middle of summer. So I'm completely lost as to what the hell she was doing with all of that.

But then my method of growing tomatoes is outside, plunk the plants in the ground/planter, circle with broken egg shells if on the ground floor and eventually profit. I've never played around with a hydroponic system and I have no idea if Sam even knew what she was doing (she twice referenced not wanting to say what it was she was doing because of Production listening). 

Of course, it's Sam. Maybe some of these things have nothing to do with each other. She could have been planting a tomato, making a body scrub, teaching her spider how to use a trapeze, and whittling a stick into a pair of knitting needles all at the same time. Because Sam. 

ETA:

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

I think JC would have a good chance with Slip n Slide. I think Fessy would have the worst time - higher centre of gravity.

I don't think so because JC's short, which means he has to take more strides in order to get to the other side of the lane, and he has to carry a cup full of water, or whatever it will be. Taller people can take more, from what I know, so JC would have to be nearly perfect in the comp in order to do well. He'd need to make sure he didn't fall once. This is just me trying to remember back through the previous Slip N Slide comps (last year, it was a veto comp and Jason won). 

• Love 3
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I don't think so because JC's short, which means he has to take more strides in order to get to the other side of the lane, and he has to carry a cup full of water, or whatever it will be. Taller people can take more, from what I know, so JC would have to be nearly perfect in the comp in order to do well. He'd need to make sure he didn't fall once. This is just me trying to remember back through the previous Slip N Slide comps (last year, it was a veto comp and Jason won). 

I will never forgive them for that. After the hell that season put us through, they wouldn't even give us unedited views of the epic falls? Bull and shit. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Seriously. It's amazing how this keeps happening. And next week, if one of The Hive wins HoH and if they try to put Tyler up or backdoor him, we're bound to get another Confused Fessy face when Tyler uses his Power App. 

Yeah. I want to hit it like the wrath of god, but he's not the brightest bulb on the string. He's the one that intermittently flickers and drives you nuts. 

• Love 3

For the record, I scooped this list from a reddit comment of past Slip and Slide winners:

BB8: Zach
BB11: Kevin
BB13: Jeff
BB14: Shane
BB15: Jeremy & Aaryn (they had to pass the liquid from one cup to another over a hedge fence)
BB16: Caleb
BB17: Becky
BB18: Corey
BB19: Jason

That's an awful lot of athletic guys. And Becky. (Aaryn totally doesn't count. Jeremy pulled the weight for that team.)

• Love 6

Actually I am hoping for a Sam head of household.

i really thinks she wants to win this one. She told JC she already knows who she is going to put up. And no 1 on 1s.

She already won 1 endurance. And though Tyler jumped down I really don’t think he would have outlasted her.

i really think after dealing with Rockstar this week, she will want the peace and quiet of HOH.

and could create some crazy Feeds.

I really don’t see her putting Angela up, it would piss off Tyler and Kaycee

i really expect Scottie to be honest.

According to Angela, after she left a scathing Goodbye Message for Rockstar, the DR asked her if she was sure she wanted to say that because you know that she'll be in the jury house and will see it. And Angela was fine with it.

So Angela won't win this season but now I can't wait to see her Goodbye Message to Rockstar.

• Love 24

ROFL. Rockstar pulled Brett upstairs to talk alone.

She wants them to be called The Survivors because they've survived eviction more than anyone else. Brett feigned excitement and nodded at the new alliance name. 

Now Rockstar thinks her one on ones went great.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Wings said:

The best drama is watching an alliance eat themselves.  

Every season I think this and every season it's actually not interesting at all lol.

I expect even less excitement with this group, half of which will be too dumb to even realise they're dunzo and the other half of which will welcome it since it means Tyler lives another day lol.

I am glad for slip & slide though. I mean it's always fun to watch people fall. 

I really think Faysal has a strong chance. The winners tend to be the tall, athletic guys. But Angela and Kaycee are also both fairly tall and athletic so they have a good shot. Probably Tyler and possibly Scottie too. Actually this might be the first time in awhile where the winner isn't super obvious, so that's nice.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Wings said:

I have never heard of this.  I have been obliterating green growth with salt for decades!  

Oh, salt is definitely good for that.  ;)  It’s simply a question of concentration/how much - and a little salt can go a LONG way in that regard.

Edited by Nashville
Punctuation
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

According to Angela, after she left a scathing Goodbye Message for Rockstar, the DR asked her if she was sure she wanted to say that because you know that she'll be in the jury house and will see it. And Angela was fine with it.

So Angela won't win this season but now I can't wait to see her Goodbye Message to Rockstar.

Wow, so that slipped through?  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Actually I am hoping for a Sam head of household.

i really thinks she wants to win this one. She told JC she already knows who she is going to put up. And no 1 on 1s.

She already won 1 endurance. And though Tyler jumped down I really don’t think he would have outlasted her.

This is a different kind of endurance, though - much more overt exertion required.  And I’m pretty sure Sam herself has stated she’s gotten out of shape in recent weeks.

It seems like Sam wants to know what Brett is doing because of RS telling her that Brett is confused about Sam's vote and she's confused. Scottie told Brett that he heard Sam promise to vote out KC which is making Brett not trust Sam. I just think Sam just wants to know because she likes Brett.

Edited by kellog010

Re: Whether they say Power of Veto or Golden Power of Veto on the show (and I'm probably the only one who cares). The voiceover said "Who will win the golden power?" while showing the Veto so I'll officially put the tick in the Golden Power of Veto category and call it good. Non-mystery solved!

• Love 3

Kacee says to Sam..You are here for a reason!!!!!  OHHH my fucking god those are fighting words for me.  Jesus fuck!  What reason, Kaycee, what reason!!????!!!  I will settle.  I had a moment here.  I will be okay. Deep breaths.  Water.  Knife.  Gun.

44 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

This makes me like her even more. Here's hoping for another "What's Wrong With Angela?!" classic. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, missyb said:

With Sam in the HOH room this: 

Haleigh says if she was going to be with anyone outside of the house it would probably be Brett. Rockstar tries to correct her, suggesting inside the house it would be Fessy. But there are no showmances this year. #bb20 

Oh, Haleigh, you may have signed your eviction notice. lol

Also, how ridiculous will Fessy be about this if he finds out?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TimWil said:

So is it true that Angela and Kaycee said to Brett that he should try to get Rockstar to use the words “Level Six” in her speech tomorrow night without being aware of what she’s done?

I love it! Shades of Dan and Memphis each saying they would see how much of a "Renegade" the other one was in different speeches.

This is much sneakier.

Who would have ever thought Fessy would get confuzzled in OTEV.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 5

Just when I was starting to not hate Angela she had the smuggest smile on her voice all through Tyler's veto speech and I remembered she's a hateful little bitch. Tyler can suck it too. I wish they'd make him put his hair up in the DR because I wanna barf every time I see him in there. Kaycee also sucks, but then she always has lol.

Ugh, Faysal or Scottie for HOH please. I need to see those assholes sweat it for once. I'm hoping Haleigh can keep Faysal from targeting Scottie, but being that it's Faysal it's not a done deal. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

So, Brett is with The Hive in the pink room right now while everyone else is in the kitchen, and Brett's face looks like he'd rather self evict. He does not look very happy listening to Rockstar describing her pregnancy Instagram pictures. 

• Love 4

Don't worry, guys. Haleigh has totes prepared a speech in case the vote ends in a tie and she has to cast the deciding vote.

Because Rockstar is totes staying. Mmhmm. In other news, would you be interested in a bridge that I just happen to have for sale?

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Hahaha it's getting to the point where I almost feel bad laughing.

Almost.

But they totally have JC and Brett in their back pocket, voting the way The Hive wants. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

*sees the evidence of five other blindsides and kicks it under the couch, never to be seen again*

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I will never forgive them for that. After the hell that season put us through, they wouldn't even give us unedited views of the epic falls? Bull and shit. 

I was sooooooooooooo pissed. Slip and slide is my favorite. 

Someone tell me more about salt killing weeds. Like regular table salt??! 

Apparently B.B. have kaycee enough unitards for the entire house. Angela, Tyler, jc, Brett and Scottie are all wearing them 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, missyb said:

LOL. Haliegh asks RS , what is the number 6?? What do you mean? The number 6 in KC and Angela's hat ? Good for her for noticing. 
Level 6

I'm so torn. I want Haleigh to figure it out finally because maybe The Hive can stop walking around with their heads in the clouds and accept reality and go from there. But at the same time, I don't want her to put it together until after the live show because I'm looking forward to yet another blindside and confused Fessy asking "WHO FLIPPED? I know it wasn't JC but who was it?".

• Love 8

I kind of roll my eyes over the theory that once it’s just L6 (or what the fuck ever is in that alliance at this point), that’s when the game will be interesting again. Because I saw that show once, and it was the brigade, and it was not interesting. At some point three of the core four will boot the one they feel needs to go (my guess? Brett). They’ll easily pick off those who think they have an in with them (Sam, JC, Scottie). After booting Hayleigh  and Fessie. Who will deserve it, because they truly are clueless. But a final three who are an inevitable final three deciding who will not be in the final three? Not good TV.

Look, I have loved this season, and called it one of my top five. But wow, what a difference one week makes. Now I just see a systematic booting dictated by the few, with no drama.

Damn it, Kaitlyn, why couldn’t you finish that damn six piece puzzle??

• Love 6

#BB20LiveFeedUpdates‏ @BB20LiveFeeds 11m11 minutes ago

More

RS tells Scottie/Fes/Hal if she gets evicted she wants everyone to put up Angela next to Tyler and send Angela home. Those are her wishes if she isn't here next week. #BB20

That will work well, right ?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Sandycat said:

Thinking about music I would want, probably Rubber Soul or Help; Hamilton or Evita or Cats; or Duran Duran. I don’t listen to popular music. They’d all hate me!

The reflex-lex-lex-lex...

10 hours ago, NailedIt said:

You are a faster typer than I am. :)

I hate the whole I have children, I deserve to win angle.

I know some of you are Challenge watches so this will not be news to you.  But a guy on that show tried using that excuse last night.  Flipping out saying that another contestant is trying to take money from his kids.

Also, Paulie is on the current season of the Challenge.  His partner is Natalie and he is back to acting like his old asshole self again.  He flipped out a few weeks ago at a challenge.  The other Big Brother team on the show is Da'Vonne and the "Messiah" for the newbies Jozea.  Oddly enough Jozea is not that annoying thus far.

• Love 3

How sad does HOH room feel watching the downstairs crew have fun making granola with chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream. Then all eat from the same pan. Sam walks in and partakes. 
Oh, Hay could not take it anymore and came downstairs. And then the party broke up.

• Love 1