Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

This season is filled with so many top moments.

Now, Anal Lice has topped Rockstar's Daughter for a bit. Maybe not forever, but at the moment, it's at the top of my favourite things about this season:

I love how he laughs about it. LMAO. 

• Love 12

I don't mean to Rockstar Version 1.0 all over you guys but remember earlier when I was joking about there being some sort of twist where Bayleigh doesn't leave the house, because of how they showed a Rewind Week from BB16 and the Battleback Special from BB19 during the Veto ceremony? I can't help but wonder if the reason why Production is suddenly jumping on it (because we've heard some of this before from Bayleigh but then there was the tampon sighting so it died down) is because of this maybe twist? They didn't seem to care the other times Bayleigh kinda sorta talked around it. 

It's especially curious with there being no Have Nots this week. Has the room been locked or have they still been going in and out of it? Isn't that where they put the Big Gold Button that they all judy chopped?  Normally I would say that I don't think that they would unleash another twist onto the house, especially one with no warning. But I mean, look at how OP the Hacker thing is. Who knows? They might just be throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I don't mean to Rockstar Version 1.0 all over you guys but remember earlier when I was joking about there being some sort of twist where Bayleigh doesn't leave the house, because of how they showed a Rewind Week from BB16 and the Battleback Special from BB19 during the Veto ceremony? I can't help but wonder if the reason why Production is suddenly jumping on it (because we've heard some of this before from Bayleigh but then there was the tampon sighting so it died down) is because of this maybe twist? They didn't seem to care the other times Bayleigh kinda sorta talked around it. 

It's especially curious with there being no Have Nots this week. Has the room been locked or have they still been going in and out of it? Isn't that where they put the Big Gold Button that they all judy chopped?  Normally I would say that I don't think that they would unleash another twist onto the house, especially one with no warning. But I mean, look at how OP the Hacker thing is. Who knows? They might just be throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks?

It's odd to have no Have Nots, and I can't recall if they announced no Have Nots this week, but the Have Not room has been open, so it's not a special button thing.

But if it was a rewind week, I feel like Julie would have either told us or hinted at a special twist on Thursday. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, plotpointer said:

If those knuckleheads in L6 were smart, they would try to make a deal with Bayleigh that that they will flip a few votes to make her stay if they can have total control of her app next week under unanimity.  So they could get one of the strong competitors on their side out without any blood on their hands.

They need to stop thinking along racial and class lines.

That would be Rockstar and Rockstar alone who thinks along racial and class lines.  None of the others on either side have.  Only Rockstar gets into all these stereotypes judging an individual by a group. 

L6 is just there playing the game which is survive to the end and win a half million dollars.  They don't care if a person is polka-dotted and comes from Mars and uses tofu as their gold standard.  If that person can help any of them in their game they will use them in the game.   If not, they will have to go.   Especially if that person wants to get them out and has said so quite a bit and is in another alliance and has this big huge power.

In other words it is called playing Big Brother.  They have NEVER shown any indication of thinking along racial or class lines and to make stuff up to say otherwise is not cool and especially it is not the truth.

Also like other people have said, Bay could have allied early with some of them and seemed to be doing just that but then she threw them aside to go off and play house with Swaggy so it is all on her for playing the game badly.  She is now stuck with Hay and Fay and Rockstar because it was her choice to go with Swaggy and therefore his little alliance instead.

3 hours ago, zorak said:

Rockstar telling Scottie that she thinks Sam could be a mastermind. 

Rockstar is the new Sherlock Holmes I see.

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Deep?  

Dogs see green.  I know because one dog I had collected green plastic bottles in our rural neighborhood.  Only green.  Our friends would save them for him.  We all took our dogs with us everywhere.  To parties dinner get togethers etc.  Hippies did that. And Stewie often came home with a green bottle.  Party favor. 

Maybe your dog liked the smell of the dried up contents from whatever was in the green bottles better.  Maybe the artificial green dye to give the bottles their color even.  They do smell things like a zillion times more than we can smell after all.

49 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Maybe we should keep the whore calling to a minimum as you think you are potentially pregnant after having Sex with a guy name Swaggy who you only knew for 5 mins. I'm not saying she's a whore- as she can do whatever she wants as it's her sex life & body- but maybe we shouldn't be throwing this word around considering. 

If only Bay would say that it would make Tyler's day by protecting him even more.  Yep, Tyler's a totally clueless dude so don't worry about getting him out any time soon.  Target the real brains first.  Tyler is totally harmless compared to everyone else.  Save him for the very last.  Hahaha.

Edited by green
  • Love 15

It's odd to have no Have Nots, and I can't recall if they announced no Have Nots this week, but the Have Not room has been open, so it's not a special button thing.

But if it was a rewind week, I feel like Julie would have either told us or hinted at a special twist on Thursday. 

I think they were told that there is no HNs because there are punishments going on in the house right now. 

• Love 3

I know but I will admit that the reruns got me a little paranoid this week. Which may have been their intent. 

Although I would laugh for days if the door was locked or something like that to keep Bayleigh in the house. Especially if Bayleigh won HoH? 

Man, the things this show could give us. And instead we get Craftin' and Critter Corner with Aunt Sam. 

19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

.......... remember earlier when I was joking about there being some sort of twist where Bayleigh doesn't leave the house....

I know the HGs sign contracts that  protect production from being sued regardless of what happens. But can you imagine the fallout if Bay didn't leave and got hurt in a comp?  Suppose she played in the slip and slide and had a bad fall?

ETA:  What the hell is Sam babbling about in the hot tub?  Twit loves the sound of her own voice.  It's like the drone of a hive of bees.

Edited by Skycatcher
11 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I know the HGs sign contracts that  protect production from being sued regardless of what happens. But can you imagine the fallout if Bay didn't leave and got hurt in a comp?  Suppose she played in the slip and slide and had a bad fall?

But what part of that added risk is Production’s fault/responsibility?  I mean, it’s not like Bae’s delicate condition was the result of participation in a Production-sanctioned unprotected sex PoV comp....

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

ETA:  What the hell is Sam babbling about in the hot tub?  Twit loves the sound of her own voice.  It's like the drone of a hive of bees.

I would imagine they would like they did for Christmas it was a play by ear situation with the comps? 

1 minute ago, Nashville said:

But what part of that added risk is Production’s fault/responsibility?  I mean, it’s not like Bae’s delicate condition was the result of participation in a Production-sanctioned unprotected sex PoV comp....

.....snerk......

Damn!  Wine all over my cellphone! ?  Good thing it's water/wine resistant.

• Love 4

FFS. This kitchen convo between Haleigh and the Giant is downright painful, especially because he’s right and Haleigh keeps insisting he isn’t. 

They discuss Tyler and JC with Haleigh still saying Tyler’s a floater and isn’t playing the game. The Giant corrects her, saying he’s not floating because he has friends on both sides and Haleigh interrupts, explaining that Tyler being friends with everyone is what makes him a floater. Where’s that buzzer indicating she’s wrong? Even if it did buzz, it’d just confuse rather than being noticed as a clue.

The Giant continues on, telling how he’s been getting closer to Brett and if Brett had any sense, he’d cozy up with the Giant because Tyler and Scottie have gotten tight. 

They have noticed no one is taking any shots at JC, the other floater according to Haleigh. 

So, who is this no one people keep talking about with mentions of actions that aren’t being taken? If no one’s doing it, you’d think one of them would grab the opportunity, but nope, they’re just gonna sit around and notice what no one isn’t doing.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

He's a jackass on general principle, but he's not wrong on this topic. Amy the Super Charismatic Lesbian pulled off a ladies alliance wayyyyy back on Survivor. But they usually crash and burn quickly, and that's if they even make it off the ground to begin with. 

Yeah but that alliance ended up turning on each other (Partly due to Ami the way Ami treated others if I recall correctly) and Chris ended up winning.  I think the only example of an all-female alliance working was the original Fan vs. Favorites.  Really when you think about it, an all one gender alliance hardly ever works.  I for one hate them because I think it is stupid for anyone to form an alliance based on something like race or gender.  If I were looking for an alliance I would look for people who I could work with regardless of what their gender or race is.

Edited by BK1978
Just fixing some typos and I probably missed a lot more of them.
  • Love 4

L4 up in the HOH decompressing and talking about the day and how thoroughly clueless the others are when JC joins in. 

True merriment and hilarity ensued when they began reminiscing about Days 1-2 and discussing Swiggy’s lack of game while believing himself the best player that ever bested along with his hardcore pushing to get people on his side. 

Then alliance names came up and Tyler spilled about FOUTTÉ, including what it stood for and when Swiggy made them include Bayleigh, courtesy of Chakra Con leaving no secrets to be actual secrets.

The laughter was real and continued on as they dissected mistakes made by the other side. JC was concerned about something Bayleigh - no clue what, dude was talking so fast, I’m not sure he knew what he was saying either - when Brett chimed in saying not to worry because the people watching the feeds know the truth and if someone wants to see, they can dig through and watch for their own self. 

Or they can come read here and find out what people thought about their shenanigans, too. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Yeah but that alliance ended up turning on each other (Partly due to Ami the way Ami treated others if I recall correctly) and Chris ended up winning. 

Well that's depressing. I have a pretty good memory for useless reality show stuff, and had totally convinced myself she pulled it through all the way to the win. (trombooooone) 

There are no words for the Vegas tweet. Wow. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I take it more as her acknowledging that they ARE fucked, ya know?

Of course; given proper evaluation of the relative chances between a choosy meteoroid and Pinky winning out, my money’s on the cosmic phenomenon every time.  Gotta go with the odds, yaknow?

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I don’t see why she needs a NP. Just take a home test. They’re incredibly reliable. 

If I was running BB, I'd want a medical professional to make the determination rather than leaving it in the hands of the contestant.  A contestant might not do the test correctly.  I know it's a simple test, but people generally can be pretty dumb at times.  I wouldn't want to take the risk that the contestant screws up the test and mistakenly tells me that she's not pregnant when she actually is.  There's all sorts of potential for liability here (there are certain types of claims that you are not allowed to contract out of in California) and potential for bad publicity, if, for example, the fetus were injured in a competition.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

There's all sorts of potential for liability here (there are certain types of claims that you are not allowed to contract out of in California) and potential for bad publicity, if, for example, the fetus were injured in a competition.

On the other hand, could TPTB stop her from competing just because she was PG? Isn't there some sort of discrimination liability in that?

Interesting comment about claims you can't contract out of in California. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

On the other hand, could TPTB stop her from competing just because she was PG? Isn't there some sort of discrimination liability in that?

Interesting comment about claims you can't contract out of in California. Thanks.

In layman's terms, if the discrimination has some reasonable relation to the protection of the health of the mother or the fetus, it's probably going to be okay.    So, preventing a pregnant person from competing in the slip-and-slide comp is probably okay.   I don't think I have enough info about the inner workings of BB to guess whether removing her from the game completely would create discrimination liability, though.  

• Love 1

I'm also thinking about how society does its best to stop pregnant women from drinking or smoking to protect the fetus. I don't think it's coded in law.

If (a possibly PG) Bay somehow wins back into the game from jury. I can see some overtime for CBS lawyers on this one.Very interesting.

Edited by Skycatcher
4 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Yeah but that alliance ended up turning on each other (Partly due to Ami the way Ami treated others if I recall correctly) and Chris ended up winning.  I think the only example of an all-female alliance working was the original Fan vs. Favorites.  Really when you think about it, an all one gender alliance hardly ever works.  I for one hate them because I think it is stupid for anyone to form an alliance based on something like race or gender.  If I were looking for an alliance I would look for people who I could work with regardless of what their gender or race is.

Yes, a man ended up winning the season with Ami, but that was also the first MvW season, IIRC, so the all female alliance thing was kind of forced upon them somewhat inorganically and Ami just took advantage of it. I was thinking the FvF alliance too, and also wasn’t Kim Spradlin’s season (one world) also a pretty succesful all girl alliance?

• Love 1

Parvati successfully headed an all girl alliance on Survivor. But I just don’t think it’s realistic for Big Brother. I keep telling myself that every season, and yet every season I still keep hoping for one. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Parvati successfully headed an all girl alliance on Survivor. But I just don’t think it’s realistic for Big Brother. I keep telling myself that every season, and yet every season I still keep hoping for one. 

Well, there was a pretty successful all girl alliance on BB OTT but that was a whole different animal. There's been quite a few successful male alliances but so far the woman can't keep it together. I'm still not sure why though.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, cork dork said:

FFS. This kitchen convo between Haleigh and the Giant is downright painful, especially because he’s right and Haleigh keeps insisting he isn’t. 

They discuss Tyler and JC with Haleigh still saying Tyler’s a floater and isn’t playing the game. The Giant corrects her, saying he’s not floating because he has friends on both sides and Haleigh interrupts, explaining that Tyler being friends with everyone is what makes him a floater. Where’s that buzzer indicating she’s wrong? Even if it did buzz, it’d just confuse rather than being noticed as a clue.

The Giant continues on, telling how he’s been getting closer to Brett and if Brett had any sense, he’d cozy up with the Giant because Tyler and Scottie have gotten tight. 

They have noticed no one is taking any shots at JC, the other floater according to Haleigh. 

So, who is this no one people keep talking about with mentions of actions that aren’t being taken? If no one’s doing it, you’d think one of them would grab the opportunity, but nope, they’re just gonna sit around and notice what no one isn’t doing.

Technically, a floater was someone who floated from alliance to alliance or side to side. Until Rachel Reilly's "Floaters, grab a life vest!" comment and then the word changed to mean someone who is coasting through the game rather than someone who's playing both sides. So Haleigh and Faysal are both right in this case. It just depends on how you look at the word "floater." 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, cork dork said:

L4 up in the HOH decompressing and talking about the day and how thoroughly clueless the others are when JC joins in. 

True merriment and hilarity ensued when they began reminiscing about Days 1-2 and discussing Swiggy’s lack of game while believing himself the best player that ever bested along with his hardcore pushing to get people on his side. 

Then alliance names came up and Tyler spilled about FOUTTÉ, including what it stood for and when Swiggy made them include Bayleigh, courtesy of Chakra Con leaving no secrets to be actual secrets.

The laughter was real and continued on as they dissected mistakes made by the other side. JC was concerned about something Bayleigh - no clue what, dude was talking so fast, I’m not sure he knew what he was saying either - when Brett chimed in saying not to worry because the people watching the feeds know the truth and if someone wants to see, they can dig through and watch for their own self. 

Or they can come read here and find out what people thought about their shenanigans, too. 

I’m just trying to understand.  When the other side of the house does this, it’s mean-spirited.  When L6 does it, its entertaining.  JC sucks, totally unattractive, inarticulate, racist and a walking stereotype on multiple levels.  Sorry, but I will never buy the “cute little person” BB is trying to sell.  

The entire show has taken a sinister tone this week and CBS can’t be happy with the predictability that’s about to ensue of the other side being picked off one by one for the next few weeks.  BB After Dark is also about to get dreadfully boring.  Anyone watch the mind blowing entertainment of Angela and Tyler playing pool?  L6 is only about calling others idiots.  They never share anything about their own lives.  The only thing we really know about most of them is that they despise Swaggy and Bayleigh.  

Edited by plotpointer
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Cutty said:

"Lots of opportunity"

Yeah, if you win you might get to go to a dank nightclub in Des Moines for a meet and greet with 37 people. 

Hey now.... Des Moines is a great city..... and there was also a meet and greet at one of the local grocery stores ;)

2 minutes ago, plotpointer said:

I’m just trying to understand.  When the other side of the house does this, it’s mean-spirited.  When L6 does it, its entertaining.  JC sucks, totally unattractive, inarticulate, racist and a walking stereotype on multiple levels.  Sorry, but I will never buy the “cute little person” BB is trying to sell.  

The entire show has taken a sinister tone this week and CBS can’t be happy with the unpredictability that’s about to ensue of the other side being picked off one by one for the next few weeks.  BB After Dark is also about to get dreadfully boring.  Anyone watch the mind blowing entertainment of Angela and Tyler playing pool?  L6 is only about calling others idiots.  They never share anything about their own lives.  The only thing we really know about most of them is that they despise Swaggy and Bayleigh.  

JC isn't part of L6, he's essentially floating between sides.  He has no idea that L6 exists (like Sam)

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, xKHANx said:

I know, I’m bored at work today...

It looks as though he's about -  in true Biblical fashion - to reap what he's sown.  I don't expect him to hang around for the harvest.  He just doesn't seem to be that kind of stand-up guy. You know - a real man.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, cork dork said:

At least they are having some good game talk without Bay hijacking it with her theories. Fessy gets close so many times but can't execute. Kind of funny they still think Tyler is a weak player.  JC is a floater, essentially. Tyler is not but does give the appearance of one. Only because they are blind to the real alliance.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, missyb said:

At least they are having some good game talk without Bay hijacking it with her theories. Fessy gets close so many times but can't execute. Kind of funny they still think Tyler is a weak player.  JC is a floater, essentially. Tyler is not but does give the appearance of one. Only because they are blind to the real alliance.

JC is a bit of a floater, but he’s also been very consistent with his voting. He’s never gone against L6 and has always voted with them. He’s just never solidified an actual alliance with any of them either. 

• Love 3

I don’t even really see JC as a floater in the true sense. He’s not in the L6 alliance, but he has voted with L6 at every opportunity, except when it didn’t matter with Kaitlin. He and Sam are really what has given L6 so much power. If either of them had shown a willingness to vote the other way once, it would be a different game all together. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Technically, a floater was someone who floated from alliance to alliance or side to side. Until Rachel Reilly's "Floaters, grab a life vest!" comment and then the word changed to mean someone who is coasting through the game rather than someone who's playing both sides. So Haleigh and Faysal are both right in this case. It just depends on how you look at the word "floater." 

Great example of the distinction between Jun Song's "floater" status and game and how Rachel and her intense competitive nature redefined "floater".

• Love 4

I would also not refer to JC as a true floater, personally, because his loyalty does seem to be more with L6 than with the other side. Yes, he's been working with both sides, but while he tells things about The Hive to Tyler and Angela, he doesn't tell much of the truth about L6 with Fessy. With The Hive, the only person he really talks to is Fessy. With L6, JC is close to Tyler, Angela, and Kaycee. Plus, the only side JC is really on is his own. He makes his own decisions, essentially. He's playing the game that benefits him. He threw a hinky vote on the Rockstar/Kaitlyn vote because he knew it would be unanimous and wanted to cause chaos. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, missyb said:

Great example of the distinction between Jun Song's "floater" status and game and how Rachel and her intense competitive nature redefined "floater".

I unabashedly love Rachel but I hate how she helped change the meaning of that word. 

• Love 7

Well the power has always been with L6, even if they don't have HOH so it really hasn't given JC the chance to be a true floater - but I still think he's only voted with L6 because he's been aware that they are the majority. And all these blindsides are making a great opportunity for him to hide on which side he needs to.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, zorak said:

Sam:  "Be a role model.  Be a pillar of strength and beauty."

Jesus, Sam with the constant patronizing sexist statements.

17 hours ago, Ceeg said:

Bayleigh just said people "literally" spat in her face. No.

And the amount of times she "literally" was going to kill and murder this season.

17 hours ago, zorak said:

Bayleigh:  "You all should have evicted me last week."

Sam:  "But it was your HOH!"

Bayleigh:  "And I wish I would have put myself on the block."

Along with her martyrdom and Sam self righteousness, they should start a snake salvation church.

17 hours ago, Lamima said:

She went to Sam because Sam's the kumbayah one.

Sappy Sam.

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Well the power has always been with L6, even if they don't have HOH so it really hasn't given JC the chance to be a true floater - but I still think he's only voted with L6 because he's been aware that they are the majority. And all these blindsides are making a great opportunity for him to hide on which side he needs to.

I don’t buy that because Winston, Steve, and rachel were all evicted by a single vote. 

• Love 3