Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Someone here said before that they thought Sam was going for America's Favorite Houseguest over actually winning. I feel like she's blown that now. Too bad. So sad.

The first week when she was the robot I saw signs of Sam's preachiness and moral superiority complex when Rachel was kindly explaining to her that yes it sucks that she's a robot but she still has to be social and get to know people. And Sam yelled back "I don't want to get to know them! I'm better than all of them!"

• Love 9

I was thinking the same thing w/r to all 4 feeds being on the workouts.  By all means, devote a camera or two for the people that want to watch it, but I'd prefer to see some conversations!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, missyb said:

I like watching all the HG's do different workouts and exercises. Season 15 Elissa had the best looking sports bras. I ended up buying a bunch of them and they are my favorites.

What brand?

I was thinking earlier about how I love watching them do their makeup, but they don't see to do it much this season. Most of the women don't seem to really ever put it on during the day. I feel like there was someone last season who would spend like hours doing her makeup and I loved watching that lol.

3 minutes ago, missyb said:

I like watching all the HG's do different workouts and exercises. Season 15 Elissa had the best looking sports bras. I ended up buying a bunch of them and they are my favorites.

Watching Elissa and her insane body on the feeds both inspired me and shamed me into doing yoga and now Pilates. Some good can come from being addicted to the live feeds every summer.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

What brand?

I was thinking earlier about how I love watching them do their makeup, but they don't see to do it much this season. Most of the women don't seem to really ever put it on during the day. I feel like there was someone last season who would spend like hours doing her makeup and I loved watching that lol.

Peach, the brand was Panache. I also liked watching make up and hair. In fact, I am generally hopeless with sytling tools but I got a good tip watching Angela use a curling iron on her long hair. I need to get something out of these long hours !

Edited by missyb
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, missyb said:

Winston left more bitter than Swaggy.  He was super bitter in all his interviews. He just can't admit good game play. Or, that his allaince had to choose between to members.I am not sure he is going to watch for awhile. He needs to chill out. It was not just a game to him.

His initial interview definitely seemed more bitter, but I've been reading a couple of his post interviews and he seems to have calmed down. He's still rooting for Level 6, and I think he even praised Scottie at one point (in his Instagram post, he DOES praise Scottie). I think Swaggy's definitely proven to be more bitter, just because he can't admit that getting him out wasn't some bad move. I think Swaggy's ego was hurt by the move while Winston's pride was. 

Of course, I'll have to wait and see if Winston's on social media more to fully determine this, but I think Winston will ultimately be fine. He wasn't in it for the fame, after all. At least, he wasn't in it primarily for the fame like Swaggy was. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

His initial interview definitely seemed more bitter, but I've been reading a couple of his post interviews and he seems to have calmed down. He's still rooting for Level 6, and I think he even praised Scottie at one point (in his Instagram post, he DOES praise Scottie). I think Swaggy's definitely proven to be more bitter, just because he can't admit that getting him out wasn't some bad move. I think Swaggy's ego was hurt by the move while Winston's pride was. 

Of course, I'll have to wait and see if Winston's on social media more to fully determine this, but I think Winston will ultimately be fine. He wasn't in it for the fame, after all. At least, he wasn't in it primarily for the fame like Swaggy was. 

I just checked out his instagram and he was cracking up at RS and the pots and pans. I just dont see how you can call an alliance disloyal for having to pick between two  members. Especially when you have been shown to have a short fuse and not very good at comps.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Someone here said before that they thought Sam was going for America's Favorite Houseguest over actually winning. I feel like she's blown that now. Too bad. So sad.

What is the probability that Sam will join the "elite" club of houseguests who are booed walking out the door?  Or maybe the better question is what is the probability that CBS will let that happen?

8 minutes ago, missyb said:

I just checked out his instagram and he was cracking up at RS and the pots and pans. I just dont see how you can call an alliance disloyal for having to pick between two  members. Especially when you have been shown to have a short fuse and not very good at comps.

I haven't seen that. The only thing I've seen posted from Winston himself is the pic of him and his dog. I found his Twitter (recently created and it IS his since he confirms it in his Instagram bio), and this is what he said yesterday:

I get the initial reaction. It's normal to have complex feelings about something like this. I personally haven't seen him react badly still, all these days later, but he only got out of sequester a day ago. I gave Swaggy some time to calm down, but for me, I still feel like Swaggy's bitter after a week. 

• Love 2

What is the place on Tyler's arm that he's always picking at? Sometimes he has a tiny band aid on it, but otherwise he's picking it. Is that just a zit?

Sam is making more Sunday suggestions to Tyler.  She said everyone should have to spend 10 minutes with the person you've spent the least amount of time with.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I get the initial reaction. It's normal to have complex feelings about something like this. I personally haven't seen him react badly still, all these days later, but he only got out of sequester a day ago. I gave Swaggy some time to calm down, but for me, I still feel like Swaggy's bitter after a week. 

Oh, Swaggy's Twitter is full of salt towards the other HGs and farting hearts at Bayleigh.

29 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

What is the probability that Sam will join the "elite" club of houseguests who are booed walking out the door?  Or maybe the better question is what is the probability that CBS will let that happen?

0% probability. Booing has only been for Aaryn and Christine, really (I don't remember, did Spencer get booed?). I know Frankie's eviction audience being filled with production plants cheering and clapping politely is always referenced but Frankie isn't the only one who's gotten a stacked audience for an eviction. He's just the most talked about because everyone hated Frankie and we all wanted to see him booed.

So unless Sam cranks the slut shaming up to a really high level, lasts awhile, doesn't get a production friends and family audience, and CBS shows it all? She'll get the usual cheers and screams when she gets evicted. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sam is talking about how she danced with RS today and made her bubbles. She's saying that on Sundays they should always do something special for the person who is having the hardest time. That Sam, a true hero!

Yeah, so I’ve missed all of today. Can someone fill me in why this is a horrible thing? 

• Love 2

There's a Kaitlyn bashing session going on in the hammock between Angela and Haleigh.  Earlier in this conversation, Haleigh told Angela that it's so great that Haleigh and Angela are friends because nobody really suspects it.  Angela said she would never come for Haleigh and vice versa.

• Love 2

Angela and Haleigh talking.  They are catching on to the fact that Kaitlyn made have a negative/crazy portrayal in the outside world.  They are saying that the DR have been asking leading questions to that fact.

Angela: "She's not going to have a boyfriend when she gets out of here."

• Love 14

Angela tells Hayleigh she should talk to Fessy about using the veto on her. She says, tell him it wont look good on TV.BINGO!! Fessy has been carrying on for days how bad he is going to look on TV for being blind sided so many times. On being lied to. Angela knows the right button to push.

• Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Because she's putting RS up tomorrow. 

So?  It's a game so no need to be mean to people you are putting up.  Be nice instead.

Also is it a sure thing Faysal is using the veto?  He would be a fool to use it really.  Well if he was a game player and read the house and knew Hay was safe anyway.  No need for him to step into the drama any if that is the case. 

That would be especially true if he knew about the power but he doesn't so this could really lead to a week in hell for him if he takes Hay off and Kait goes then returns, hah.

And now that Tyler told JC just enough about the power JC may well spill to Feysal since he was trying to talk him out of using the veto all along.

Edited by green
1 minute ago, missyb said:

Angela tells Hayleigh she should talk to Fessy about using the veto on her. She says, tell him it wont look good on TV.BINGO!! Fessy has been carrying on for days how bad he is going to look on TV for being blind sided so many times. On being lied to. Angela knows the right button to push.

Blending into the furniture has its advantages.

Actually, I really like Rachel's and Angela's divide and conquer strategy.  They are starting to get good info from the rest of house and about each other (earlier, Bay was recounting the whole Swaggy v. Angela feud from the first week to Rachel).  Hopefully, we'll see them reconnect and share this info.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, green said:

So?  It's a game so no need t obe mean t people you are putting up.  Be nice instead.

Also is it a sure thing Faysal is using the veto?  He would be a fool to use it really.  Well if he was a game player and read the house and knew Hay was safe anyway.  No need for him to step into the drama any if that is the case. .

He's definitely using it. Mostly because he realizes it would be a bad look that he apparently went to the DR saying he'd use it on Hay and walked that back.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Yeah, so I’ve missed all of today. Can someone fill me in why this is a horrible thing? 

It's not, unless you're at a  BEC level with Sam. I'll give Sam a lot of credit: she's more creative than most HGs have ever been when it comes to both cooking and coming up with things to pass the time. 

ETA: Although, I will say that the "Sundays will be to spoil with special treats whoever is feeling the most butthurt this week" is a little... too peace and love for Big Brother?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9
(edited)

Not positive because I only caught the tail end of the convo, but it sounded like Faysal told Haleigh that he is for sure using the veto on her.  He said that even if it's a 10-0 sure thing, he won't take the chance (that she'll go home).

No matter what she says now, Kaitlyn will have a meltdown if this happens.  Thankfully the HGs can remind her that "it's meant to be for the good of everyone."

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

ETA: Although, I will say that the "Sundays will be to spoil with special treats whoever is feeling the most butthurt this week" is a little... too peace and love for Big Brother?

It's certainly a far cry from WOOF WOOF MOTHERF***ING WOOF.

• Love 8
(edited)

Kaitlyn is self-centered (understatement) but when I listened to that scene, I interpreted it more as her taking Tyler as saying "I would never do that" to mean he would never vote out Winston and lie to her about it, as opposed to Tyler's actual meaning of "I would never swear to anything on my dead father" (I feel icky just writing that statement out).

Granted, that's because it's what she wanted to hear, because that's all she cared about. But still, I'm not entirely sure any of that on her part was out of malice or even a willing lie. She was totally wrong (in more ways than one) but I'm not sure she realizes it.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Love 4

Tonight was a good night to find out a bit more about Angela. Not that she revealed many personal stories. She doesn't seem to be like that. But her observations on other people. Her hammock was like a revolving shrink couch. She is pretty astute 

• Love 2

Yeah, fair point, I guess I could see her legitimately misunderstanding what he meant there (thinking he meant "How could you ask me if I voted for Winston?" instead of "How could you ask me to swear of my father's grave?"). That's still a big leap to "He swore on his father's grave," though.

3 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Kaitlyn is self-centered (understatement) but when I listened to that scene, I interpreted it more as her taking Tyler as saying "I would never do that" to mean he would never vote out Winston and lie to her about it, as opposed to Tyler's actual meaning of "I would never swear to anything on my dead father" (I feel icky just writing that statement out).

Granted, that's because it's what she wanted to hear, because that's all she cared about. But still, I'm not entirely sure any of that on her part was out of malice or even a willing lie. She was totally wrong (in more ways than one) but I'm not sure she realizes it.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I think Tyler clarified it later when she was asking , maybe Brett, to swear on something and Tyler says dont do that. Don't ask people to do that. I wont ever swear on something like that.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Y'know, maybe I was being too hasty in cracking on Swaggy's swearing on his dad's dead grave. I thought it was just poor grammar but maybe he was just trying to loophole it. Like, he's not really swearing on his father but he makes the other person think that he is.

Nah, probably not. I've seen his Twitter.

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, missyb said:

I think Tyler clarified it later when she was asking , maybe Brett, to swear on something and Tyler says dont do that. Don't ask people to do that. I wont ever swear on something like that.

Was she all "wait wut" because she thought he had done that very thing? Or did it not even register, because: Kaitlyn?

10 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, fair point, I guess I could see her legitimately misunderstanding what he meant there (thinking he meant "How could you ask me if I voted for Winston?" instead of "How could you ask me to swear of my father's grave?"). That's still a big leap to "He swore on his father's grave," though.

I mean, she's still a dope for even going there but I could see how she'd get to the wrong conclusion, sort of knowing how her brain works.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Was she all "wait wut" because she thought he had done that very thing? Or did it not even register, because: Kaitlyn?

He was pretty stern with her and pretty serious. She said Okaaaay, I wont.

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I thought Tyler's tone was much sharper in that exchange than I've ever seen before, even with Kaitlyn. "Don't EVER ask me that again." And I think he confirmed in the DR that it pissed him off. Now if Kait truly did have an an once of intuition, she would be replaying in her head that she struck a nerve and at least get a clearer perspective on the exchange.

For anyone who didn't see it, flashback back to Tyler and Kait out sunning around 12:30pm BB Time. It was an interesting exchange. He was toying with her and kinda making fun of her, saying that at least she knows she made a huge mistake running back to that side last week, and she abandoned that side of the house that would work with her, and she looked like a fool. She kept denying she was back with S6, but he kept plunging the knife in deeper.

The thing is, again if Kait knew how to put two and two together, he was pretty reckless. He told her in so many words how he is actually aligned in the House. Of course she missed it. When she asked who he wanted to go this week ( I think she was bracing herself that he was going to say her), he very dismissively said "any of those three girls on that side" with more than a dash of contempt.

I thought it was a very revealing  conversation. 12:30 BB Time when they were outside tanning.   

Edited by vb68
  • Love 4
(edited)

Hate to bring up race BUT...

I still don’t get Kaitlyn’s various reasons for back dooring Swaggy.  One of her main reasons was she didn’t want to be controlled by a man, yet she seems very comfortable doing Tyler’s bidding.  I think she didn’t like the fact of being in an alliance run by a black man.

Also, what is Tyler’s obsession with getting Bayleigh out of the house? If I remember correctly, she made sure Swaggy didn’t go after Tyler or Winston that first week.  So she got a little emotional with Tyler during one of the challenges.  What woman in that house hasn’t gotten emotional?  I just get the sense Tyler isn’t  really comfortable around black people, and he and the others certainly aren’t comfortable around strong-minded, dominant black people.  

I think the general frustrations Bayleigh has expressed on the feeds (basically not being allowed to be a three-dimensional person and being viewed in the lens of stereotypes) ... pretty much sums up the BB experience for most black contestants who’ve been on this show.  

Edited by plotpointer
  • Love 5
(edited)

Wow. Did anyone else see this tweet from Swaggy? Apparently (or apparently according to the comments below the tweet), Faysal fucked Kaitlyn before the feeds started, and Bayleigh confirmed it to someone in the house at some point:

Edited by HeShallBMySquishy
  • Love 2

Rockstar keeps saying that she bets her daughter Aradia (she of the birthday eve that had much drama) sat at home during last week's live episode and said to Brett through the TV "Stop being mean to my mommy!"

Which, okay, but after how you blew up? You might be wishing that she didn't see it at all. Period. And definitely hope that she didn't see this last one with the cake pan and spoon.

Just now, HeShallBMySquishy said:

Wow. Did anyone else see this tweet from Swaggy? Apparently, Faysal fucked Kaitlyn before the feeds started, and Bayleigh confirmed it to someone in the house at some point:

Bayleigh recently confirmed that Kaitlyn told her, while they were both in the shower, that she had feelings for Faysal that was either more than she should or that she likes Faysal more than her current(ly ex) boyfriend. I don't know about them actually having sex but I have seen that brought up before, though never with any time stamps or video attached to prove it. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, vb68 said:

I think we're well past the point of one bad speech throwing people's support away from Sam. Remember, we're in "Nothing Even Matters Anymore" times now. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

Wow. Did anyone else see this tweet from Swaggy? Apparently, Faysal fucked Kaitlyn before the feeds started, and Bayleigh confirmed it to someone in the house at some point:

How is this apparent at all ?

• Love 2
(edited)

Hell just froze over.

Rockstar apologized to Brett for how she reacted (I guess the pots and pans incident?). We didn't get to see that but we did get to see Brett accepting her apology very calmly while also sounding like he just wanted her to go away. Rockstar walked back outside and then came back because she was so flustered with having to talk to him and apologize than she forgot to tell Brett that she sees he's a "bright light" in the house and he makes others happy and Rockstar really appreciates that. And she likes that he's a musician. And then she went out and lit a smoke because apparently this season is hooking more and more people on smoking.

It was surprisingly low key and chill. I... don't know what just happened.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 10
Just now, Alice Mudgarden said:

Man, she must really be feeling in danger of going on the block.

Rockstar made sure to tell Sam not even five minutes later all about the awesomesauce apology and nice things she said to Brett. 

Earlier today, Rachel broke down (I think JC and Brett joked one too many times with her today) and had a long chat with Sam.

Both seemed like "please don't put me up" conversations. I mean, Rachel's breakdown was genuine but I think she saw the opportunity to connect with Sam a bit there and took it. I'm really interested to find out if the constant "Brett is evil and rich and white" stuff is going to end now.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

Wow. Did anyone else see this tweet from Swaggy? Apparently (or apparently according to the comments below the tweet), Faysal fucked Kaitlyn before the feeds started, and Bayleigh confirmed it to someone in the house at some point:

The first night the feeds went live, the Giant was chasing her all over the house and there was much whispering between them, including Chakra Con telling him they’d already talked about this, it couldn’t be like that anymore with the cameras on (you know why), I have a boyfriend so we can’t do this/that, and it would ruin her life, so he (the Giant) needs to be understanding like he said he would. 

Really. He was always right there, wanting to be all touchy and snuggly. I think it was the 3rd day when he got a sad because CC was treating him so differently (dude was seriously mopey) and that’s when Squidgy (thanks, autocorrect) started pushing him in Haleigh’s direction while making it weird for her, too. 

Further complicating things, it was around the 3rd day when CC really glommed on to Tyler, further fucking with the Giant’s emotions. He was pissed and redirected hard at Haleigh with Squidgy’s encouragement. CC finally noticed and it became her chasing him around. 

Lather/Rinse/Repeat ad nauseum. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Rockstar made sure to tell Sam not even five minutes later all about the awesomesauce apology and nice things she said to Brett. 

Earlier today, Rachel broke down (I think JC and Brett joked one too many times with her today) and had a long chat with Sam.

Both seemed like "please don't put me up" conversations. I mean, Rachel's breakdown was genuine but I think she saw the opportunity to connect with Sam a bit there and took it. I'm really interested to find out if the constant "Brett is evil and rich and white" stuff is going to end now.

Of course she did. Because nothing says "sincere apology" more than running to the person who has your game life in their hands and letting them know all about how amazing it was that you did it.

Poor Rachel. I feel bad, especially because I really think that, out of all the women in the house, she's the one I'd be friends with.

• Love 4
(edited)

This just in: Faysal is confused. Sam seems like she's trying to talk him out of using the Veto ("You can create safety for one person if you use it or multiple people if you don't. Do you want one person in your corner or multiple people in your corner?"). But Sam wanted to know whether he was leaning towards using it or not because y'know, she's going to have to make a decision that might make one or more people angry. Funny how Sam wasn't going to entertain any pre-nomination talk or discuss who she was going to put up but she wants to know what Faysal is going to do. Preferably now but she can wait until tomorrow before the meeting since Faysal is deflecting. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3