Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, xKHANx said:

Blame the parents, everyone gets a trophy and you are all special snowflakes...

Can’t really blame the kids when it was their parents buying and handing out the trophies.  ;)

5 minutes ago, Wings said:

This is said a lot these days but I don't see that happening in RL.   My sons are not raising their kids this way and no one is getting awards for not winning something that I have heard. 

Maybe it’s a city thang.  ;D

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, xKHANx said:

Blame the parents, everyone gets a trophy and you are all special snowflakes...

OT RANT=THE FUCK ON.

Parents make it way too easy on their children. Don't MAKE them go get jobs while still in HS, give them cars, etc.  I left home at 17 and never went back, (as in lived there again). I worked my ass off on the surrounding farms to make money for school clothes and a new pair of Chuck Taylor's for the basketball season and my parents took 20% of everything I made for room and board. Hell, I traded 2 pigs and a cow to my old man for my first car, a 1957 Chevy...

Anyway, both my kids, the moment they turned 16 had to go out and get jobs. My boy played HS football won 2 State Championships, had a 3.4 gpa and worked 20hrs a week at a Skyline chili.  Unlike Fessy, he got a full ride to an actual D-1(A) Football Bowl subdivision school and won a sugar bowl. (UT Chat is a D-1(AA) Football Championship Subdivision, not bowl eligible).

My Daughter won 4 state championships for Choir, Show Choir and Symphony. She also worked 20hrs a week at a Deli. She is still in college and is going to become a Choral Instructor/Teacher (so yeah, she may wind up living with us again, but we tried!)

I see so many of their friends still living with their parents and not even working and the parents just laugh it off.  Dumbasses... 

RANT= OFF

Ok, what is "The Challenge'?

Honestly though, your experience =/= all experiences. My mom had to work all through high school and college, and absolutely despised it and felt it hurt her in school, so she swore she wouldn't make her kids have a job until they graduated college. So, I never had to work until I graduated. And I actually had free time to  study and socialize and play sports, without worrying about paying my bills. I didn't go buckwild or live at home when I graduated from grad school. I got a job, with my cum laude degrees, and was grateful to my mom for supporting me while I was in school. 

Relating it back to BB, it seems like all of the non school aged HGs are self-sufficient. I'm not sure about Fessy, but Tyler left home after high school, Angela lives in California modeling (she actually talked just a few min ago about how her modeling career is her own business, she has expense accounts and personal accounts separated, and does her own taxes), Brett does his IT whatever stuff away from home, etc. The only one I'm not sure about is Fessy, whose profession seems to be substitute teacher, but I think I read somewhere he also does personal training.

As for Scottie, a sister defending her adult-aged brother isn't evidence of infantilized culture IMO. It's just an over-protective sister. My sister and I are in our 30s, and she would defend me until her fingers bled, if she thought (whether true or not) someone was wronging me.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Hypothetical Question:

If Hayleigh wins the HOH, who is she putting up?

Angela and Kaycee?

Sam and Kaycee, I would guess. 

• Love 2

Sam to Fessy "I tried to play and I don't know how to play so I quit. I take back everything I said."  in a joking manner. 

JC says "you keep playing with men's feelings... you say you're going to marry them and then no marry them"   Did Brett talk to JC???

46 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

They're definitely gonna hook up in the JH. They almost did the other night, live on camera. But I doubt they'll last long after the show is done. Although, I didn't think Mark/Elena OR Jess/Cody would either, yet here we are.

Brett and Angela think Scottie had the app, but it's expired now. Because Bayleigh's would have expired by now.

For sure... Haleigh has said numerous times that she doesn't want a showmance because her dad is watching. 

• Love 1

Brett and Angela by pool this morning figured out that the app that has not been used yet has expired.  LOL  Tyler said not a word.

He can use it next week if need be, correct?  It would be his last opportunity. 

Sam is really butthurt about not getting Fessy to put up Haleigh. She said she's not even going to talk anymore, she's just gonna be silent and not do anything. 

Sam: "Starting at 1:30, I'm not going to speak until tomorrow at noon."

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Wings said:

Brett and Angela by pool this morning figured out that the app that has not been used yet has expired.  LOL  Tyler said not a word.

Tyler acquired Cloud on Friday July 6, and the App description stated it was good for 8 weeks.

Which means it’s good until Friday August 31.

Which means it’s eligible for use through the initial noms of HoH after next - although I think I’ve heard Tyler shortchanging its duration a week in conversations with other HGs, which Tyler is probably doing on purpose.

• Love 1

Sam just left the room after her "IM NOT TALKING ANYMORE" spiel, and Brett said, "I thought she'd *never* say that" lol

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think that Fessy sucks and is dumb as a box of rocks and also has maybe the worst HoH since Howie's infamous HoH all the way back in S6. However I'd draw the line at saying he's abusive. He is not forcing Hay to do anything. He is not putting her down, calling her names, telling her that she can't do X, Y or Z. Everything Hay's done in that house has been her choice. They aren't wise choices but he didn't force her into anything.

And yeah he's got jealousy issues when it comes to Hay and other guys but I wouldn't say that's abusive either.

Abusive is Evel Dick, Paul and his minions from last year, Amanda from BB15. Fessy's a dumbass but nothing he's done is abusive.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Fessy hasn’t gotten into abuse territory - yet.  Some of Fessy’s behavior, though - belittling a partner’s disagreement points while maximizing his own, attempting to exert control over relationship-external communications, constant pressuring to advance the physical nature of the relationship over a partner’s objections, etc. - are definite red flags.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:28 PM, zorak said:

At one point Haleigh turned her head away from him and he actually put his hands on her head and turned it back toward him.

Faysal turns Haleighs head.png

Maybe I have watched too many forensic files episodes, maybe it's much too big of an active imagination, but when I saw this picture where she turned her head away, and he turned it back to him, I shuddered. It makes me feel all eeky because I swear I can see him snap her head. HE IS CREEPILY NOT RIGHT.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Wings said:

He can, but it would be a stupid move. Even if on the block, he has the votes to stay, and finding out about the app at this point would piss off the others in his alliance.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Sam is really butthurt about not getting Fessy to put up Haleigh. She said she's not even going to talk anymore, she's just gonna be silent and not do anything. 

Sam: "Starting at 1:30, I'm not going to speak until tomorrow at noon."

Oh good god.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, springbarb said:

He can, but it would be a stupid move. Even if on the block, he has the votes to stay, and finding out about the app at this point would piss off the others in his alliance.

If he doesn't use his, then that means none of the apps got used, right (unless you count Sam's)?  That's hysterical.

• Love 7
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Oh god, so Sam is on a self-imposed 24-hour silent strike. 

Yes and because Fessy didn't do as she asked.  Jesus she is irritating.  What on earth does she think will come of this?  Respect?  

• Love 2
Just now, zibnchy said:

I'll take 6 PM BB time. I think someone will try to do something in the kitchen that will make her crack. Or one of the women will act like a floozy.

Or Brett tries to talk to her

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

#LetsGoPreds!!!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

Go Canucks Go! ... right to the bottom of the rankings, where you're predicted to finish, just like last year. Woo. *spins fingers in the air unenthusiastically*

7 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

I agree up to a point.  What caught my attention with Sam was the Voice of Demand  that she used,  heavily laced with "how dare you not obey me," attitude. It was as though one of her "other personalities" had stepped out to take charge,   a side of her we hadn't yet seen.  I thought "Whoa! Where did that come from?"

Oh, we've seen that side of Sam before. Remember the wall comp when it was down to her and Tyler and she demanded in a very angry voice for him to drop when he wasn't immediately jumping down to give her the HoH win? 

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think that Fessy sucks and is dumb as a box of rocks and also has maybe the worst HoH since Howie's infamous HoH all the way back in S6. However I'd draw the line at saying he's abusive. He is not forcing Hay to do anything. He is not putting her down, calling her names, telling her that she can't do X, Y or Z. Everything Hay's done in that house has been her choice. They aren't wise choices but he didn't force her into anything.

And yeah he's got jealousy issues when it comes to Hay and other guys but I wouldn't say that's abusive either.

Abusive is Evel Dick, Paul and his minions from last year, Amanda from BB15. Fessy's a dumbass but nothing he's done is abusive.

Fessy has tried to tell her what she can and can't do ("If I use the Veto on you, no more touching other guys. No more cuddling up with other guys.") but Haleigh - thankfully - found her inner adult woman and shut that the fuck down. But he has tried a few times, usually in terms of "no x with other men" which has the creepy feeling of Fessy thinking that Haleigh is his property or something. Like, dude. Just say "I wish you wouldn't do this". That can start a conversation. But saying "Don't do this" is basically asking a woman to laugh in your face, say no, and go do whatever the fuck it was that you don't want her to do. 

And that's why the husband doesn't tell me not to buy yarn (she says, as she books a ticket for a yarn convention). 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Fessy has tried to tell her what she can and can't do ("If I use the Veto on you, no more touching other guys. No more cuddling up with other guys.") but Haleigh - thankfully - found her inner adult woman and shut that the fuck down.

Hay has done so in speech, but not necessarily in action.  Witness Fessy telling Hay NOT to leave the HoHR to console Scottie, and Hay hotly retorting Scottie’s her friend and she’ll go talk to Scottie if she wants - right before she rejoins Fessy in lounging on the HoH bed.  :P   Lots of rhetoric, but not so much on the follow-through.

• Love 1
Just now, Nashville said:

Hay has done so in speech, but not necessarily in action.  Witness Fessy telling Hay NOT to leave the HoHR to console Scottie, and Hay hotly retorting Scottie’s her friend and she’ll go talk to Scottie if she wants - right before she rejoins Fessy in lounging on the HoH bed.  :P   Lots of rhetoric, but not so much on the follow-through.

I was thinking more of that specific incident where she found her grown-up-ness but yeah, she capitulates to him really easily. I'm not sure which is more rage-inducing: Fessy pulling that shit or Haleigh falling for it. 

Fessy. The answer is always Fessy. Fuck you, Fessy. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Hayley likes Scottie as a friend.  She is too young and stupid to appreciate him and their connection.

Just a plain ol' lack of attraction happens at every age.

• Love 14

RE Sam already talking: Time flies when you’re having fun.  ;)

5 minutes ago, mikewho said:

Just a plain ol' lack of attraction happens at every age.

That the same thing as “Hotness trumps husband material “?  ;>

Edited by Nashville
Clarification
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Oh god, so Sam is on a self-imposed 24-hour silent strike. 

Because....why? Oh please, let the HGs ignore this behaviour and not keep coddling her. She knows exactly what she's doing and it's annoying.

• Love 3

Kaycee is giving sam a massage outside. I wonder how Sam asked for that without talking. 

1 minute ago, CrazyDog said:

Because....why? Oh please, let the HGs ignore this behaviour and not keep coddling her. She knows exactly what she's doing and it's annoying.

They were making fun of her while she was inside.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I don't think she ever said his name.

I think she did.. or at least the character.  they were talking about That 70's show right before so I'm not sure if it was someone from that or something else. 

She said they didn't date long and that he was really really weird. 

Haleigh telling Angela that if they stick to the plan next week should be easy. Angela says that would be amazing. 

Just now, gunderda said:

I think she did.. or at least the character.  they were talking about That 70's show right before so I'm not sure if it was someone from that or something else. 

She said they didn't date long and that he was really really weird. 

I'm not sure. Because she asked Haleigh if she shouldn't have said that about him, and then was like, Well I never said his name, so it's probably okay. Maybe she said his character name though, idk.

6 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Don’t worry, @CrazyDog - if I understood @Christi‘s earlier post correctly, 24 hours of SamTime ended up translating into about 20 minutes of real time, give or take.  Previously.tv is apparently in close proximity to the event horizon of a black hole, or something - I dunno.  :>

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Nashville said:

That the same thing as “Hotness trumps husband material “?  ;>

. Never mind. It sounded too antagonistic, which was not my intention.

Edited by mikewho
  • Love 1