Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Wings said:

I am confused, what would a dry cucumber be @vb68?  

Fair point. Just a dumb phrase I've heard once or twice, and I probably have it wrong..

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Irishsecra said:

Actually I think one thing that has Sam incredibly confused is Brett. She knows that Brett was part of the Tyler voting bloc and was his good friend.

then we had the fake fight and Brett seeming to spend most of the time with the Hive.

i still don’t think she can figure out why Brett is helping Rockstar with her speech. 

Yet another example of how badly the Bad News Bees suck.  Brett’s gameplay is so wildly inconsistent it’s even got Sam’s Bullshit-O-Meter pegging off the scale, and game-wise Sam’s about as sharp as a Tic-Tac - but the BNB accepts Brett’s newfound “support” without question, because it suits their self-serving concoction of a Game narrative.  In the same vein as the earlier Fessy/Pinky comments - if SAM is showing more acute Game awareness than you, then maybe it’s time to re-evaluate your life choices, game-wise.  ;>

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

I also fell over laughing when Sam said a flat no to the 5 person alliance. I really don’t think she can really stand any of them except Rockstar. They are all such negative nellies.

I think the only one she hates is Haleigh. She loves Fessy (for some reason), I think she had a bond with Scottie at some point (didn't she think Scottie had a crush on her at the beginning?) and she's good friends with RS.   And none of them saved her during her robot days. 

7 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

A part of me wants to see Kaycee leave because she's boring.  If Julie hadn't told Bay that Swaggy met the parents he would have been going crazy wondering if they were hooking up in the JH!

Im honestly a little sad that RS is leaving too. She's the only loose cannon left. 

12 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Actually I think one thing that has Sam incredibly confused is Brett. She knows that Brett was part of the Tyler voting bloc and was his good friend.

then we had the fake fight and Brett seeming to spend most of the time with the Hive.

i still don’t think she can figure out why Brett is helping Rockstar with her speech. 

I also fell over laughing when Sam said a flat no to the 5 person alliance. I really don’t think she can really stand any of them except Rockstar. They are all such negative nellies.

Yeah, I think Sam is unsure of what's fully going on with Brett.

I think Brett/Sam do need to have a conversation or two in general. I know, when the fake fight happened, about a day after that, Brett took Sam aside to give her a vague response. He gave her a hug and told her that the group was fine and not to worry (which was actually very sweet of him to do because he saw she was fretting over Brett fighting with their group). But for Sam, that's not enough, so I think she's been pondering what exactly is going on, since she has no answers.

It's not that she needs the full story, but I think she needs more reassurance that Brett's truly on their side...and actually, I think Brett himself needs reassurance that Sam's voting Rockstar out because he doesn't know that her vote is with them.

Also, the first solo conversation between Brett and Sam since the big Crush revelation is too good to pass up for me.

48 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

What it comes down to is Level 6 just has been able to control who goes home every week, and just having complete trust in each other. While The Hive just cannot seem to trust each other. It was pretty evident in how each alliance handled The Hacker- Hay kept it a secret- and yes I think it wasn't a bad idea for her to take the shot at Tyler- if she communicated with her Alliance she could have really sat and thought about the pros & cons- who to use for Veto- who to pull down etc. Kaycee immediately told her alliance so they all were on the same page and making the right decision.  

I think that was her first mistake.  The Veto was crucial both this week and last week.  Therefore, the hacker should have nominated the other side's weakest comp player and picked their side's strongest comp player to play in the Veto.  Haleigh failed on both counts; Kaycee played it perfectly.  I do agree with your larger point that Haleigh might have played it better if she had trusted her alliance enough to tell them right away about winning the hacker comp.

Edited by lilabennet
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

I think that was her first mistake.  The Veto was crucial both this week and last week.  Therefore, the hacker should have nominated the other side's weakest comp player and picked their side's strongest comp player to play in the Veto.  Haleigh failed on both counts; Kaycee played it perfectly.  I do agree with your larger point that Haleigh might have played it better if she had trusted her alliance enough to tell them right away about winning the hacker comp.

I actually don't think nominating Tyler was a big mistake. Maybe a tiny one, given what we know is that Tyler is great at comps. I think taking the shot was smart. Since she couldn't choose the replacement nom anyway, she might as well try to take a huge risk under an anonymous (at the time) power. Nobody should have known it was her and there's a chance for him to go home. Where she majorly failed was not choosing a member on her own side to play in veto, someone who could beat Tyler. It ended up being 5v1 in that case. She needed to choose Fessy to play in veto, because even if it still failed, she still would have tried. 

18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I actually don't think nominating Tyler was a big mistake. Maybe a tiny one, given what we know is that Tyler is great at comps. I think taking the shot was smart. Since she couldn't choose the replacement nom anyway, she might as well try to take a huge risk under an anonymous (at the time) power. Nobody should have known it was her and there's a chance for him to go home. Where she majorly failed was not choosing a member on her own side to play in veto, someone who could beat Tyler. It ended up being 5v1 in that case. She needed to choose Fessy to play in veto, because even if it still failed, she still would have tried. 

I get why Haleigh chose Kaycee, though, because she was trying to keep the suspicion away from her (and her side of the house) and picking Kaycee was kinda random at the time - I didn't realize L6 was hinting that to Bayleigh. I still think JC would have been the right choice to completely throw L6 off of her scent but then she ruined it with that house meeting. Really, if Haleigh hadn't felt bad for Bayleigh boo-hooing around the house and kept her mouth shut, this week may have gone a lot differently. Nominating Tyler was definitely the right choice but Haleigh really fucked it up when she called that house meeting and outed herself as the Hacker. 

Too bad she never realized that even if she did come clean, nothing was going to save Bayleigh at that point - simply because of her Power App which The Hive could not wrap their heads around no matter how much they tried. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

AND HENRY VIII HAD ELEVEN WIVES, ALL OF WHICH HE KILLED.

(Still irks me, you guys.)

Huge huge fan of Tudor history. I can name those six wives right now.

I went on my first vacation in 10 years last month. I went to London for a week. I took a train down to Hever Castle - family home of Anne Boleyn. It was fantastic. Even had afternoon tea in the castle.

Anne of Cleves lived there after her divorce from Henry.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

AND HENRY VIII HAD ELEVEN WIVES, ALL OF WHICH HE KILLED.

(Still irks me, you guys.)

Well, if he beheaded a few, wouldn't that count for two since they're in pieces? 

And there's your tasteless joke for this morning.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Well, if he beheaded a few, wouldn't that count for two since they're in pieces? 

:O!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

I went on my first vacation in 10 years last month. I went to London for a week. I took a train down to Hever Castle - family home of Anne Boleyn. It was fantastic. Even had afternoon tea in the castle.

I'm jealous, in a totally sane and lovable way right now! I want to see Hampton Court Palace so badly.

• Love 2

Brett and Sam do need to talk but Brett is avoiding Sam because her vote last week made him not trust her. I want them to have a heart to heart and clear things up. Hopefully her voting out RS will be the first step. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Because Tyler wants to allay any fears Sam may have/have had of Tyler only feigning personal interest in Sam for game reasons, to secure her vote.  Even when Sam asks Tyler outright how to vote, Tyler still emphasizes Sam’s vote should be Sam’s choice - but he’s voting to evict Pinky, because Pinky’s already said she’s targeting Tyler.  Smart, that.

I think you're right. Damn that kid is good.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Hay’s reaction succinctly encapsulates my biggest problem with the Bad News Bees: they only see what they want to see - or rather, they self-deceive.  They may not have ABSOLUTELY zero capacity for objective analysis and critique, but percentage-wise they’re definitely in the single digits.  Whatever information they receive, whatever Game moves transpire, it doesn’t matter - BNB will either contort it to support their commonly-preconceived Narrative In Which We Win Everything, or stick their heads in the sand and pretend it doesn’t matter or doesn’t exist.  Hay is the only one who has ever shown so much as even a glimmer of objective perception, and (as she’s so aptly demonstrated) even she can’t tolerate the blinding light of truth - it’s more comfortable to slip back into that dark, comfortable womb of self-deception.

Re your bold: I don't even dislike Haleigh per se (and I love the Fayleigh stuff), but I am GLEEFUL about Angie going home during her HOH. Even in the sliver of the universe where they actually win stuff, they still manage to fail. It's really spectacular.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Hay’s reaction succinctly encapsulates my biggest problem with the Bad News Bees: they only see what they want to see - or rather, they self-deceive.  They may not have ABSOLUTELY zero capacity for objective analysis and critique, but percentage-wise they’re definitely in the single digits.  Whatever information they receive, whatever Game moves transpire, it doesn’t matter - BNB will either contort it to support their commonly-preconceived Narrative In Which We Win Everything, or stick their heads in the sand and pretend it doesn’t matter or doesn’t exist.  Hay is the only one who has ever shown so much as even a glimmer of objective perception, and (as she’s so aptly demonstrated) even she can’t tolerate the blinding light of truth - it’s more comfortable to slip back into that dark, comfortable womb of self-deception.

On the contrary; Scottie definitely sees what’s going on, but he doesn’t want Hay&Co. to see it.  IMHO Scottie’s already defected - they just don’t know it yet.  :)

But the truth is, with this large of an alliance and all of their tentacles, the other side has NO options.  What can Hay do this week if she actually acknowledges they are screwed?  What could she have done differently?  What could they have done differently last week?  Even selecting Fes for veto probably wouldn't have made a difference.

The only week L6 had any internal conflict regarding who to send home was Kaitlyn's eviction.  Other than that they have set their plan and been able to control everything by their majority.  Sure they are having fun doing it.  Who wouldn't love being able to control the game this way?  Tyler has set them up perfectly and they are just playing it through.  Without his leadership they would have been just as screwed as the other idiots.

• Love 4

Last week, Hayleigh should have took off RS and put Tyler up with Scottie and picked a Foutte person for veto. Much better odds of getting Tyler out as Scottie is a pretty good foil to play against Tyler in veto. 

• Love 1

RS bugging Sam again with her misery.

she feels like she has the votes to stay.

Sam asks why she told her to tell everyone she was voting for Kaycee. RS says so the hacker wouldn't cancel her vote. 

RS says everyone tells you you're staying and then you get evicted. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

RS has showered and changed clothes

You know you're addicted to Big Brother when....

This post doesn't strike you at all as odd or obsessive.

Edited by Gummo
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, kellog010 said:

Last week, Hayleigh should have took off RS and put Tyler up with Scottie and picked a Foutte person for veto. Much better odds of getting Tyler out as Scottie is a pretty good foil to play against Tyler in veto. 

She has a great idea... just awful execution. 

2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I feel like this should be Breaking News, complete with a scrolling ticker at the bottom. 

It really is! And now she's leaving shower watch will be discontinued. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gunderda said:

It really is! And now she's leaving shower watch will be discontinued. 

Not necessarily. Is Scottie finally getting in the shower now that he's not a Have Not or is he still giving himself a whore's bath in the sink?

• Love 1
Just now, Callaphera said:

Not necessarily. Is Scottie finally getting in the shower now that he's not a Have Not or is he still giving himself a whore's bath in the sink?

Unsure about that one. I try to avoid him, his voice bugs me. 

RS says to Sam "please don't throw someone a pity vote today"

Even though Sam has a hard time with her feelings in this game, I appreciate that she doesn't ruin it for everyone by telling the evictee how the votes are really going. 

Scottie is joining Tyler in on chest saving. 

good lord. Scottie just put shaving cream on his nipples only. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

:O!!!!!!

I'm jealous, in a totally sane and lovable way right now! I want to see Hampton Court Palace so badly.

It is a fantastic place. I went there too though I didn’t get to stay as long as I would like. The palace is incredible and the audio guides really teach you a lot.

• Love 2

I feel like this is the first time scottie has shaved anything on his chest area. 

This is slightly disturbing. 

RS says she wore the tye-dye dress for 3 days in a row because the DR kept telling her to put it on. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Me too! I went to London for a semester of student teaching and it is the most amazing place, then went back with my mom for two weeks, go to Hampton Court Palace if you go again and Windsor. Two of my favorite places.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, gunderda said:

good lord. Scottie just put shaving cream on his nipples only. 

He probably only has hair around the outside of his nipples.  Makes sense to me.  **shrug**

===============

RS has been pushing the girlfriend bonding with Sam this morning.  So funny to see Sam stone faced and not playing.  

2 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:
10 minutes ago, gunderda said:

RS says to Sam "please don't throw someone a pity vote today"

Honestly, I have no words for that?

I have one.  Desperate. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

It is a fantastic place. I went there too though I didn’t get to stay as long as I would like. The palace is incredible and the audio guides really teach you a lot.

I gave you a pink lil heart for this, but please know that if we were in a different thread where this conversation was more appropriate, I'd be pestering you way more haha

7 minutes ago, Wings said:

He probably only has hair around the outside of his nipples.  Makes sense to me.  **shrug**

I don't disagree but I'm pretty sure it was the first time he was doing it.  And it just looked funny lol 

4 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I don't disagree but I'm pretty sure it was the first time he was doing it.  And it just looked funny lol 

I - of course - immediately ran to Twitter to see this absurdity, and it was totally worth it. Esp the part where Tyler told him "don't make a funny face like that!" And Scottie - of course - utterly ignored that sage advice.

• Love 1

I can't watch right now. Is Scottie still locked as the one lonely vote for RS to stay?

Do RS, Haleigh, and Fessy still think they are golden?  It sounded like Haleigh thinks something is up?

7 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Do RS, Haleigh, and Fessy still think they are golden?  It sounded like Haleigh thinks something is up?

Rockstar still talks about her staying but I'm not sure if she actually believes that or she's just being willfully ignorant and doesn't want to admit defeat. 

Because there are no sides. And there is no 6 person alliance. And who wouldn't vote out Kaycee over Rockstar?

Although it would probably be a good idea. Who's a better goat to pull along to F2 than Rockstar? Anyone could beat her. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I can't watch right now. Is Scottie still locked as the one lonely vote for RS to stay?

Aren't Hay and Fessy voting to keep RS?  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I love that song <3

A View To A Kill is still my favorite.  And I was going to marry John Taylor...ahhh youth.

14 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I love that song <3

A View To A Kill is still my favorite.  And I was going to marry John Taylor...ahhh youth.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Still only gets the count up to 8 (only two wives were beheaded) - so Pinky counts wives about as good as she counts votes.  :>

52 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Honestly, I have no words for that?

I may, but it depends; is AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!! a word?  ;>

13 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Rockstar still talks about her staying but I'm not sure if she actually believes that or she's just being willfully ignorant and doesn't want to admit defeat. 

The Power of Positive Thinking® - which in BB counts for absolutely shit.  ;>

11 minutes ago, Wings said:

Aren't Hay and Fessy voting to keep RS?  

As has probably already been stated by the time I get this post out:  ;)

• As HoH, Hay can’t vote except to break a tie.
  • At last word, Hacker Kaycee was canceling Fessy’s vote.

So, we may get a unanimous blindside this season after all....

Edited by Nashville
Hit ‘Send’ too quick
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

Good song, absolutely SHITTY movie - IMHO one of the absolutely worst Bond flicks.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Good song, absolutely SHITTY movie - IMHO one of the absolutely worst Bond flicks.

Oh Snap!.gif

I love you and all, but THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS!  AVTAK was a kick ass movie!

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Oh Snap!.gif

I love you and all, but THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS!  AVTAK was a kick ass movie!

Yer kidding, right?  You’re defending the visual excrement that Tanya Roberts brought to the big screen?  Hell, Walken doesn’t even acknowledge the film any more - and I don’t blame him.  :D

• Love 1
Just now, Nashville said:

Yer kidding, right?  You’re defending the visual excrement that Tanya Roberts brought to the big screen?  Hell, Walken doesn’t even acknowledge the film any more - and I don’t blame him.  :D

I am not!  Loved this movie, Tanya aside....shame that Walken doesn't acknowledge it.

Don't make me recite lines, dammit.

• Love 2

Sam wants to dress up in a skirt but says it's making her nervous.  Good thing she'll have to change into athletic gear later!

I guess it was one of RS's skirts.... (it did not look good at all)

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

Sam wants to dress up in a skirt but says it's making her nervous.  Good thing she'll have to change into athletic gear later!

Haliegh and Rockstar are trying to get her to wear their clothes to prevent her from voting Rockstar out

• Love 1