Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Ceeg said:

Didn’t Vegas say they just skipped one of the DEs, to make up for Kaitlyn failing the comp? Or did I dream that?

Yeah but Vegas also called this a "ball balancing" Veto (it sounds like it was the ball rolling one) and never mentioned the prize/punishment aspect so while they've been right most of the time, I'm starting to get a little suspicious. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

He confirmed that he's also playing JC because he doesn't entirely trust him. He trusts him enough, but wants the other side to buy that Brett is alone.

You want to know why Tyler will survive anything?  It's because he convinced his team to protect him at all costs.  Every member of that side will completely trash any connection they've made to others to protect the 'team secret'-- that Tyler is on their side.   In doing so, Tyler is allowed to basically control the game because Tyler is the one with all of the contacts.

It's that control that the producers want to disrupt.   They don't want Tyler to dictate the season.  Even in the case of a jury buyback,  Tyler would be the one controlling that person,  just like Derrick did. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, leocadia said:
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

He's [Faysal's] just confused and doesn't know what's going on anymore.

Anymore? LOL

Just a reminder that Mr. Confuzzled was billed as a substitute teacher. 

• Love 7

I like Tyler a helluva lot more than Derrick, though. Didn’t Derrick pull that “Don’t take food out of my kid’s mouth” shite on those rare instances he felt even a teensy bit threatened? Tyler isn’t exhibiting that type of arrogance...yet. As much as I like him I’ve still noticed he could end up with an inappropriate sense of self entitlement for working his ass off and making things happen.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 5

Anyone who can get JC out soon will be my winner pick. I cannot with him anymore. My sanity cannot handle it. 

He really thinks he’s running the house and everyone is dumb. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, TimWil said:

I like Tyler a helluva lot more than Derrick, though. Didn’t Derrick pull that “Don’t take food out of my kid’s mouth” shite on those rare instances he felt even a teensy bit threatened? Tyler isn’t exhibiting that type of arrogance...yet. As much as I like him I’ve still noticed he could end up with an inappropriate sense of self entitlement for working his ass off and making things happen.

There have been a few times post-Kaitlyn that Tyler has come across as cocky on the feeds. Of course I'm biased because I'm waiting for him to go full blown cocky and basically become Paulie (but probably without the epic meltdown over having to make apple pies from pre-made crusts and a can of filling). 

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Never mind to my previous point. Bayleigh's convinced that Angela won't put her up and Haleigh's the one going on the block.

Monday can't come fast enough.

I hope it comes slowly. I'm going to savour every minute of Angela being besties with Bayleigh and having a sleepover before she tells her to pop a squat on the nom chair. 

I've decided to be like Angela and just fully embrace my evilness this season. It's fun.

• Love 5

I would say that everyone left in the house except for Sam, Rockstar and Faysal are playing at least a passable game.  I think that's what keeps this season from devolving into a Paul or Derrick type scenario.  Yes, Tyler is at the center of things, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has just rolled over and stopped playing. 

• Love 16
Just now, leocadia said:

I would say that everyone left in the house except for Sam, Rockstar and Faysal are playing at least a passable game.  I think that's what keeps this season from devolving into a Paul or Derrick type scenario.  Yes, Tyler is at the center of things, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has just rolled over and stopped playing. 

Agreed. Everyone is trying.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Just a reminder that Mr. Confuzzled was billed as a substitute teacher. 

While I'm sure there are wonderful, qualified substitutes out there, I can say with certainty that in my district, the requirements to be one are pretty minimal.  Like be at least 21, go through the one hour training, and complete a background check kind of minimal.  So Faysal probably has subbed before but I doubt very much that he was teaching the students anything.  That's why I hate being gone and having to get a sub.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

While I'm sure there are wonderful, qualified substitutes out there, I can say with certainty that in my district, the requirements to be one are pretty minimal.  Like be at least 21, go through the one hour training, and complete a background check kind of minimal.  So Faysal probably has subbed before but I doubt very much that he was teaching the students anything.  That's why I hate being gone and having to get a sub.  

And judging from my experiences with having a sub teacher, we just cut up and fucked around for the day unless it was a multi-day sub situation or one certain sub that gave us Scratch and Sniff stickers in high school and was amazing. So even if he tried to teach them, I'm not sure they would have learned much if anything.

In other news, Sam keeps trying to hoard the hangers they get comp clothes on and Production keeps stealing them back during lockdowns. Heh. 

But they didn't throw away her doughnut box, right? 

And Rockstar seems to have gotten a workout punishment. Which I'm actually a little concerned about, judging from her talk about weight loss, her stomach growling so badly that you could hear it over the mics, and her possible fasting. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 5

The problem isn't that they aren't playing, the problem is everyone but Haliegh is in some way thinking they are playing WITH Tyler.   But, more importantly, no one from the larger group will be willing to turn on Tyler by pulling together the last dregs of the other side.   You need someone willing to do that in order to wrest control from Tyler.   If someone like JC tried, you know whoever he talked to would run to Tyler to warn him.

The one reason why it's been interesting so far is that Tyler has done this without his side actually winning comps,  which makes the deception more necessary for the survival of his "team".  Hence all of the blindsides.  But,  eventually all of the morons Tyler has snowed will be gone and .... well Tyler will be the winner.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

In other news, Sam keeps trying to hoard the hangers they get comp clothes on and Production keeps stealing them back during lockdowns. Heh. 

But they didn't throw away her doughnut box, right? 

Is she hoarding them to have more to hang clothes on or is this more material for Crafting with Aunt Sam?

• Love 1

Queen Bay has several robes at home? I bet she’s got different ones for different moods, like one when she’s in the mood to admonish her cleaning lady.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 7
Just now, zorak said:

Is she hoarding them to have more to hang clothes on or is this more material for Crafting with Aunt Sam?

She didn't say but I'm assuming Craftin' Hour with Aunt Sam. She isn't particularly upset about it because she thinks Production is reusing them but apparently she had a huge stack of them that disappeared during a lockdown. 

1 minute ago, TimWil said:

Queen Bay has several robes at home? I bet she’s got one to admonish her cleaning lady in.

I mean, I do too, but it's because my cat has preferences for kneading sessions and I hit a good sale. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TimWil said:

If Angela was an ice princess/bitch/she-devil/mean girl/whatever she wouldn’t have hugged Scottie out of compassion for his apparent distress.

A skilled ice princess would realize the benefit of doing this.  Costs nothing and might be a gain :)

• Love 5

Bayleigh (after saying her limit was one Oreo):  "Is limit, max?  Is it the same thing?"  Would someone who was one point away from being a genius really have to ask if limit means the same thing as max?

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I hope it comes slowly. I'm going to savour every minute of Angela being besties with Bayleigh and having a sleepover before she tells her to pop a squat on the nom chair. 

I've decided to be like Angela and just fully embrace my evilness this season. It's fun.

The fun part of that is I really don't think Queen Bay has been the one getting dumped on before now. She's always been Angela.

• Love 3

Bayleigh to Angela:  "People look each other in the face and lie to your face every day in this game."  Exactly, so don't be shocked when it happens to you!

• Love 6
Just now, SiobhanJW said:

Do we know if the person that won the Hacker Comp can win again next week? 

If they do it like the Roadkill Comp, they should be able to. Frank won it twice (not back to back, Victor got it once in between Frank's wins).

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Do we know if the person that won the Hacker Comp can win again next week? 

I was wondering that myself. I'm sure they will go through the motions like with the power apps. But who knows. 

Edited by vb68

Bayleigh, oh so helpfully, just pointed out to Angela that Scottie now has a trip to Greece from one of the other comps and $5,000.  This is the same Bayleigh who told Scottie during one of their private conversations that nobody was talking about the fact that he had won the trip to Greece, which was so great.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

If they do it like the Roadkill Comp, they should be able to. Frank won it twice (not back to back, Victor got it once in between Frank's wins).

That's what I thought- but wasn't sure if was mentioned in the house at some point. 

44 minutes ago, Sketcher said:

You want to know why Tyler will survive anything?  It's because he convinced his team to protect him at all costs.  Every member of that side will completely trash any connection they've made to others to protect the 'team secret'-- that Tyler is on their side.   In doing so, Tyler is allowed to basically control the game because Tyler is the one with all of the contacts.

It's that control that the producers want to disrupt.   They don't want Tyler to dictate the season.  Even in the case of a jury buyback,  Tyler would be the one controlling that person,  just like Derrick did. 

Yes, it would be getting too Paul-esque. Getting there already. And, sad, because I was digging this season.

• Love 2

I cannot wait for Bayleigh to be on the block beside Rockstar and Rockstar starts whining about being on the block in front of Bayleigh. It's going to be epic.

1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

That's what I thought- but wasn't sure if was mentioned in the house at some point. 

I honestly don't know. I would assume that she could compete because it's a competition, not a popularity vote. It might be one of those things the Production wants to keep vague.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I love it when they talk money. Don't they get like an automatic 5k or 10k if they make it jury? 

Usually the cast gets a stipend every week, except the final 2. Of course, the winner gets $500,000. Second place gets $50,000. America’s Favorite Player gets $25,000. The other players get close to $1,000 for each week they are in the BB house. So, if they are evicted before Jury, they can not make additional money; however, the players who make it to jury continue to make the $1,000 a week. Also, the AFP gets the weekly stipend as well.

(For example:

Evicted week 3: close to $3,000.

Evicted week 10: close to $13,000 because they are in the jury house.)

On a side note, there are competitions that involve money that players can win. We’ve seen a $25,000 prize so far, and a low prize of $5,000.

Edited by BBFanTX
WiFi slow , irrelevant news

Sam wants Angela to know that she's not mad at Angela.  She's just mad that this comp pitted them all against each other.  Sam says she hates her position of being in the dark.  The same position she insists to stay in every time she tells someone she's not going to worry about anything and doesn't want to know anything?

• Love 9
8 hours ago, GalvDuck said:

Are you still in Waco today?  Have you been to West, TX (as in the small town just north of Waco, not the western region of Texas)?

If not, might I suggest a quick trip up there to try some truly awesome, authentic kolaches at The Czech Stop.  These aren’t the “pigs in a blanket” fake ass kolaches like you find in some donut shops.  These are the real thing.

West is where that huge fertilizer plant explosion happened a few years ago. 

I am back home today just NW of Houston. What city did you visit @GalvDuck? I go to Waco 1x every six weeks. Sounds like a place to check out. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BBFanTX said:

Usually the cast gets a stipend every week, except the final 2. Of course, the winner gets $500,000. Second place gets $50,000. America’s Favorite Player gets $25,000. The other players get close to $1,000 for each week they are in the BB house. So, if they are evicted before Jury, they can not make additional money; however, the players who make it to jury continue to make the $1,000 a week. Also, the AFP gets the weekly stipend as well.

(For example:

Evicted week 3: close to $3,000.

Evicted week 10: close to $13,000 because they are in the jury house.)

On a side note, there are competitions that involve money that players can win. We’ve seen a $25,000 prize so far, and a low prize of $5,000.

7 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Used to. There was talk on the feeds earlier this season that it's now staggered so you get more the longer you last, as it should be. In most seasons people were just happy to make jury because their stipend was the same no matter what. 

C

Yes, they used to get paid SAG-AFTRA scale (the minimum payment for a principle role on a TV show), but now it seems like a tiered prize system.

Edited by jonaswan2
  • Love 2

Tyler: "Brett's not actually pissed."
Angela: "Brett's not pissed?"
Tyler: "No. I tried to wink at you but I'm really bad at winking."
Angela: "Oh God, I was so worried!"

Sam keeps telling people that she's pissed that Kaycee is getting her second costume. And some more blather about fairness and twists and shit.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 10

Looking forward to Swaggy's ridiculously angry tweets knowing that he is powerless to help Bay...and having to watch her demise in slo mo.  

Edited by Christi
  • Love 21
Just now, Christi said:

Looking forward to Swaggy's ridiculously angry tweets knowing that he is powerless to help Bay...and having to watch her demise in slo mo.  

The best part is that Swaggy is staying with her parents and Bayleigh is going to be the first juror so he won't even be able to watch her on the live feeds anymore. HA!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

This week was a loss for the anti-Tyler crowd. Boo.

You hate Tyler now? IT'S LIKE I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE! *dramatic wail*

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

He's just confused and doesn't know what's going on anymore.

So... second verse, same as the first?

23 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

FTR, Bayleigh just said she ate two cookies so max/limit was moot. I wonder if she knows what moot means.

I wouldn't wonder that out loud. If she hears you, she may blow a casket.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Angela wants to play it like she’s thinking of nominating Brett. Lol. 

This is so ridiculously stupid for someone who wants to win Big Brother by getting the most jury votes. 

• Love 5