Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Bitterness & Unpopular Opinions: You All Suck

• Start Topic

Jensen Ackles should be listed in the credits first, because Dean is the star of Supernatural, and Sam is a supporting character who guest stars in every episode.

That would make sense except for all the episodes where Sam was the star and Dean was the supporting character.  Of course, the reality no matter which character is getting the focus at the time is that both are equal co-stars and AFAIK, they are each paid the same amount per episode.  (Jensen might make more for the episodes he directs) .

Seems like the only solution would be for both names to appear side by side like they do on Bones with Boreanaz and Deschanel, but my guess is that neither Jared nor Jensen give a shit as long as they are getting paid.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

That would make sense except for all the episodes where Sam was the star and Dean was the supporting character.  Of course, the reality no matter which character is getting the focus at the time is that both are equal co-stars and AFAIK, they are each paid the same amount per episode.  (Jensen might make more for the episodes he directs) .

I understand the logistics, but even when Sam is the focus of the episode, Dean is still the star of the show.  Note, this is the Unpopular Opinions thread. :)

• Love 1

I understand the logistics, but even when Sam is the focus of the episode, Dean is still the star of the show.  Note, this is the Unpopular Opinions thread. :)

Just relating the facts of how the credits work regardless of the story arc in the episode. Was not trying to tell you not to have your opinion :)

Edited by catrox14

Ya know I was thinking (it only hurt a little bit) that we've seen Dean be de aged and whatever that dog thing was but Sam seems to only get to be evil if he's altered in some way. I want a samsformation into something cute or amusing. I mean it's a witchy season they owe me for putting up with Rowena the Elvira Impersonator. Seriously can they not get her less ridiculous clothing? ETA and a voice coach...rme

Edited by trxr4kids
  • Love 1

Onto my list of stuff I never wanna see or even hear mentioned on this show again because of how freaking weird/disturbing they are about it:

1) Sex: Did you know that if you enjoy sex you're a) a lecherous pervert b) a teenager in a mans body c) soulless d) a demon  Take our quiz and find out which one.

2) Homosexuality: Isn't that so gay, let's all point and laugh, except when it's so terrifying that you have to knock over tables getting away from it so you don't catch the gay cooties.

3) Prostitution: I always thought this was a very complex societal, economic, psychological issue but thanks to Supernatural I now realize it's all the result of that Evil Empire the Post Office, it totally explains why nobody ever gets flyers telling them they can get free service if they're soulless.

4) Dogs: WTF show? Seriously WTEverlovingF?

Okay not to quote myself but I am otherwise my new add ons don't make sense without scrolling back and who wants to do that.

5) Brain needles, they've over used this so much and it didn't really make sense the first time, poor Samandriel.

6) Teenage girls in peril: here's some dollars to pin to your shirt, now head down that dark alley. rme to infinity

Season 8 and 9 may feel better after some time goes by and I know there are fans that thought they could never enjoy season 6 or 7 and now do more than they did live.

I just hope it's because there is some distance instead of because we will have an ever steeper dip in overall quality, so season 8 (I don't mind season 9 so much) doesn't look so bad in retrospect. Season 8 for me is the season that started and ended with a complete and utter WFT both in terms of plot, canon, and characters. And in between, I barely recognized the show Kevin was left on a rusty boat while they were lounging in a nice lair.

I really didn't like the Winchesters often that season. And that really never happens.

And worst of all, it was boring. Every time there is a comment on an episode from that season, I read and then think, yeah, well, it was just mostly shitty.

From the All seasons thread. I realized that my post turned into a bitter rant so it might fit better here.

• Love 3

Wow- LOTS of bitterness & unpopular opinions.

••I HATE it that they've kill off or sent pretty much everyone away that's come into Sam & Deans life.

Not that I constantly want people around them- but it was nice when they'd get a phone call from someone needing help. (Or if they needed help.) I liked Ellen & Jo, Rufus... Actually, think I liked all of Dean & Sams friends (just off the top of my head.)

I did like Lisa & Ben- I know he couldn't be with them but I HATED how they took them out of Deans life. I like Cas... I don't like what they've done with him in the past 2 seasons.

I still like to see the "monster of the week" episodes where they'd go on a hunt on the road. I've always wanted them to have a home- but it shoulda been Bobbys place.

•• I hated Season 7 & the WORST part about it was when Bobby's house was burned down & he was killed. Actually in my opinion, his death really started the downward spiral that is this show. Seasons 1-6 were great. I wouldn't miss an episode. I was excited about it. I'm not anymore. The storylines are getting dumber & dumber.( I know it doesn't help that they've changed show runners a few times. )

Before you could watch Supernatural at any age & enjoy it. It really did have something for everyone. But now- it's like they're catering to teens. I have an Instagram account & follow a bunch of Supernatural accounts. Honestly, a lot of them are teens who made them. When they said the 200th episode was for the fans, I was so excited. But then every dumb thing I see on some of these Instagram accounts, was on the show. I

was so disappointed. There are times that I think maybe the show should've just been done after season 5 or 6. I don't know what could happen that would make me just quit watching. I hate to give up on it after watching it all this time.

Here's some really unpopular opinions that seem to run counter to everywhere I've been in the fandom:

I love Supernatural

I love Sam and Dean and I don't get upset when one seems to have a story arc and the other one doesn't because they are a team and I know it will all even out in the end and I want the show to be story/character driven and not a constant tally and even-up and catch up and who's turn, etc.

I look forward to the show and can't wait to watch a new episode, but I also enjoy *all* the previous seasons

I have a few (count on one hand) episodes I truly don't like, but in pretty much every episode there's at least one scene (usually involving Sam and Dean) that I *love* and will watch a not-so-favorite episode just to see it

I love reading about and blogging and searching for pics and stories and convention appearances and videos and tweets and all those parts of the fandom and ignoring other parts of the fandom that really shouldn't exist if it's, you know, a fandom

I love the lead actors, both of them, equally, and I thoroughly enjoy their on-screen and off-screen relationship. I enjoy the other actors and their characters and I don't count or compare minutes on-screen or boycott episodes because certain people aren't in it or wonder where certain characters are and why they aren't being shoe-horned into episodes, etc. Nor am I interested in attacking one or another of the actors for something they did or did not tweet or may or may not have said or said in a less than perfect way and so on. Yeah, I know, this is all particularly weird and out there, but I can't help it

I realize that these opinions are really, super, MASSIVELY unpopular, but this is the thread for that, right? Says so right in the thread title. It feels good to get it all off my chest. Thanks!

• Love 6

On a different note---the vast majority of SPN fans I know name S5 as one of their 2-3 favorite seasons of the series, but I have a weird dislike for it. In its own way, I find it as depressing as S4 (which I find really unpleasantly grim even by SPN standards, a few stellar episodes aside!) So my UO is that I'll happily take S7 (which I have the UO of really liking!) and even S6 above S4 and S5. 

Another really UO: I was just kind of meh on the widely Ellen. She was that same 'type' of female character that SPN gives us over and over and over. (Sassy, snarky, cool, candid, tough, hard drinkin', brave, etc...) I liked Jo more than most did, primarily because I've always liked the actress who played her. 

7) flip flopping regurgitated storylines: Sam is going darkside; no Dean is

Dean has a secret; no Sam does... ad nauseam!

This addendum brought to you by the letters R for Repetitious and the Number 4, for the number of times I recall seeing this storyline.

• Love 4

New UO:  I like Rowena.  Her voice doesn't bother me at all.  She sounds like every Scottish woman I ever talked to when I lived in Europe.  Slower, but I assume that's because they want to make sure she's understood.

And it's early.  She hasn't gotten started, I expect.  Once she does, it could be awesome.

Oh, crap.  I have hope.  ;-)

• Love 3

I've been feeling a bit more optimistic about Rowena since her last episode. I don't mind her accent or voice (in fact, I love her accent) I just haven't seen them do anything I care about until she told Crowley he was a disappointing twit. So, I'm kinda interested where they might take her...oh crap, you gave me hope too. ;)

• Love 1

I keep thinking, the longer this or really any show runs, the more canon is established. This means the more can be messed up at this point. Which would require more care about canon and the show's history.

Then why do I have the feeling that less care is applied in those areas? Or is the same amount and it just shows more because there is more canon to be messed up?

I don't mind Rowena per se. I do mind that she is a tool to bring out Crowley's so-called humanity in which I have zero interest.

My head canon is based on what Ruby said in season 3, your humanity is burned away in hell. And I would think especially Crowley's should be dead and gone like the proverbial dead horse.

• Love 1

This is what made no sense to me about curing a demon. I mean how can you put back what was burned away? Dean never went full demon in Hell and since we don't know exactly how he became a demon other than magic and spells or something then I can buy maybe the cure working for him. But for other demons? I don't see how that worked.

Edited by catrox14

If you insist. ;-)

Actually, I don't have much to add that hasn't been mentioned already some time when the concept was introduced. The whole idea was stupid from the beginning considering that the rehumanized demon was now occupying another meatsuit that would now share accommodations with a newly-minted human. Not cool.

I already had a problem when they introduced the idea that you could kill a demon by burning his bones. I mean, most of them don't even go by their names, how would you even find the bones of demon #34 on the food chain. And why would anyone, let alone Crowley tell anyone where he is from?

Considering that time goes much faster in hell, Crowley is in fact much older than the measly 300 and something years or so, just like Dean is in fact a healthy over-70 year old as far as I'm concerned.

So, really Crowley should barely remember his mother or his son, never even mind be tempted to keep her around. Also, how does that even work having her in hell body AND soul? They ARE hanging out in hell, right? Or did he put up a throne in some warehouse on earth?

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 1

If you insist. ;-)

Actually, I don't have much to add that hasn't been mentioned already some time when the concept was introduced. The whole idea was stupid from the beginning considering that the rehumanized demon was now occupying another meatsuit that would now share accommodations with a newly-minted human. Not cool.

I already had a problem when they introduced the idea that you could kill a demon by burning his bones. I mean, most of them don't even go by their names, how would you even find the bones of demon #34 on the food chain. And why would anyone, let alone Crowley tell anyone where he is from?

Considering that time goes much faster in hell, Crowley is in fact much older than the measly 300 and something years or so, just like Dean is in fact a healthy over-70 year old as far as I'm concerned.

So, really Crowley should barely remember his mother or his son, never even mind be tempted to keep her around. Also, how does that even work having her in hell body AND soul? They ARE hanging out in hell, right? Or did he put up a throne in some warehouse on earth?

I think it's actually a warehouse stage thing. The demon that was with Rowena in the cell said only certain demons were allowed topside. It's not actual hell AFAIK.

• Love 1

This is what made no sense to me about curing a demon. I mean how can you put back what was burned away? Dean never went full demon in Hell and since we don't know exactly how he became a demon other than magic and spells or something then I can buy maybe the cure working for him. But for other demons? I don't see how that worked.

Oh my Chuck, the whole concept is just asinine, if you ask me. Evil isn't a virus one can cure, it is who one is. Not to mention the fact that the demon is possessing someone else...stupid, stupid idea to begin with. I can kinda roll with Dean being cured, because it was his body and his soul, but still boggles the mind a bit when you really think about it. It's probably better to not think about it, right?

I think it's a really crappy Earth-side warehouse. Why they would hang out in a really crappy warehouse, is beyond me, but back in that episode where one of Crowley's minions torched himself...wasn't there a mention of this? Sorry, I refuse to go watch it now to find out.

Ooh, and speaking of asinine...how is it that a demon can just kill themselves with fire anyway? I must stop this now....

• Love 1

I think it's a really crappy Earth-side warehouse. Why they would hang out in a really crappy warehouse, is beyond me,

One would think Rowena would protest, but then, she can't really hang out in proper hell. Come to think of it, if Crowley killed her, she would just end up in hell anyway, being a witch and all. Really, what's stopping him?

Asinine, excellent word.

• Love 1

Ooh, and speaking of asinine...how is it that a demon can just kill themselves with fire anyway? I must stop this now....

It's Jerusalem Holy Oil...and since it can kill Angels, I'm thinking demons are easy.

I thought the holy oil only worked on angels, but had no real effect on demons. If holy-oil-fire kills demons, shouldn't Meg have been torched when Cass threw her on the holy oil fire in Abandon All Hope? Why aren't Sam and Dean using this tactic rather than just stabbing them? Seems like it would be a lot easier to squirt some holy oil and a lit match in their direction than get up close and personal enough to stab them.

Now I want Kevin's super soaker back so bad. ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

I thought the holy oil only worked on angels, but had no real effect on demons. If holy-oil-fire kills demons, shouldn't Meg have been torched when Cass threw her on the holy oil fire in Abandon All Hope? Why aren't Sam and Dean using this tactic rather than just stabbing them? Seems like it would be a lot easier to squirt some holy oil and a lit match in their direction than get up close and personal enough to stab them.

Now I want Kevin's super soaker back so bad. ;)

Excellent point.  I'll take continuity error for 500 Alec!

• Love 1

Isn't the holy oil supposed to be difficult to get? I think Castiel had to wing-it back in time to get some? Something he's not going to be able to do now for quite a while I suspect, so I'm thinking that Sam and Dean should save whatever amount they have left for any potential future angel threats.

One would think Rowena would protest, but then, she can't really hang out in proper hell. Come to think of it, if Crowley killed her, she would just end up in hell anyway, being a witch and all. Really, what's stopping him?

Asinine, excellent word.

Speaking of, so witches, spirits, demons, and humans go to Hell rather than Purgatory when they die, right? What about half-human "monsters," though? I think most/all of the shifters have been half-human/half-shifter, and wasn't the same true of the Rugaru guy, too? His kids are definitely at least half-human in any case. Are they going to Hell (or do they even have a shot at Heaven) or Purgatory?

Idk, is there some sort of one drop rule for monsters? Because it seems like if a character is half monster and half human, he's considered a monster, too. But then there was that baby shifter? And are there any half-human/half-shifter people who take after the human side rather than the shifter side?

Tbh, in my personal head!canon, there is no such thing as "hell years." YMMV. I think they stole the idea from Quor'toth or something, but Angel needed to do that so they could age-up Conner, soap opera style. On SPN, it was just for shits and giggles and/or for a one-scene ~reveal~. So I've decided to just do the show a favor and discretely avert my eyes from the mistake, and then go on as though it didn't happen at all. :P

I just can't take seriously the idea that Dean was gone for decades and is really an octogenarian, or that Sam is *hundreds* of years old. The idea is just so silly, and makes the storylines so needlessly confusing, and I'm sorry but I can't even wrap my mind around what the perspective of what a 200+ year old person in the body of a 33 year old person would even be. And yeah, is Crowley thousands of years old? While he spends a week doing stuff on Earth, does it seem in Hell like he's been gone for ~7 years? RME.

the idea of eternity in Hell for sins takes that prize. So once they've opened up that line of thinking any manner of time evolution makes sense to me. And Hell really is another dimension so why wouldn't time work differently?

The story lines wouldn't be confusing if they paid attention to continuity.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Speaking of, so witches, spirits, demons, and humans go to Hell rather than Purgatory when they die, right? What about half-human "monsters," though? I think most/all of the shifters have been half-human/half-shifter, and wasn't the same true of the Rugaru guy, too? His kids are definitely at least half-human in any case. Are they going to Hell (or do they even have a shot at Heaven) or Purgatory?

Idk, is there some sort of one drop rule for monsters? Because it seems like if a character is half monster and half human, he's considered a monster, too. But then there was that baby shifter? And are there any half-human/half-shifter people who take after the human side rather than the shifter side?

To me all monsters are somewhat human (I'll spare you my whack-a-doodle reasoning on that today). The Rugaru was part human until he took that first bite of long pig, then his skin changed and he was transformed into a full-on Rugaru. Shifters seem to always be shifters if that baby shifter was anything to go by. It is kinda problematic they have this blanket statement for monsters since not all monsters are actually monstrous. Being condemned to a place like Purgatory just because you were born a shifter or turned into a vampire unbeknownst to you seems kinda unbalanced doesn't it? I guess them's the breaks though, right?

I'm not 100% convinced Rowena would go to Hell when/if she dies. She said she's a natural and doesn't get her power from demons...maybe she's a kind of monster?

Tbh, in my personal head!canon, there is no such thing as "hell years." YMMV. I think they stole the idea from Quor'toth or something, but Angel needed to do that so they could age-up Conner, soap opera style. On SPN, it was just for shits and giggles and/or for a one-scene ~reveal~. So I've decided to just do the show a favor and discretely avert my eyes from the mistake, and then go on as though it didn't happen at all. :P

I just can't take seriously the idea that Dean was gone for decades and is really an octogenarian, or that Sam is *hundreds* of years old. The idea is just so silly, and makes the storylines so needlessly confusing, and I'm sorry but I can't even wrap my mind around what the perspective of what a 200+ year old person in the body of a 33 year old person would even be. And yeah, is Crowley thousands of years old? While he spends a week doing stuff on Earth, does it seem in Hell like he's been gone for ~7 years? RME.

Yeah, this is a big issue for me too. I think they did it because they thought it would be hard for people to accept Dean broke in a couple months rather than years. I don't think I would've had an issue with it, but whatever. I too just try to believe there's no "Hell-time" and for the most part it usually works--especially during the Carver years where it seems they don't even think about it anymore. I'd never thought about Crowley hanging around topside and years going by in Hell before. No wonder he can't keep Hell under control. 

Edited by DittyDotDot

Isn't the holy oil supposed to be difficult to get? I think Castiel had to wing-it back in time to get some? Something he's not going to be able to do now for quite a while I suspect, so I'm thinking that Sam and Dean should save whatever amount they have left for any potential future angel threats.

Did he go back in time?  He shouldn't have had enough juice to go back in time in S5, going back to the 1970s almost drained him in The Song Remains The Same. I thought he just went to Jerusalem, but in our time. I do agree holy oil is supposed to be rare so they should use it wisely, but still find it hard to believe holy-oil-fire kills demons. But it used to be the angel sword only worked on angels until they randomly decided it killed demons too, so, who knows, right?

Edited by DittyDotDot

My guess is time only feels different to the point that Dean really thinks he was there for 40 years. Plus they were trying to break Dean- I can see them monkeying with perceptions.

Dean said in monster movie all his scars had been healed and of course being rehymenated. Oh Dean lol. So I figure he was brought back to his current age by Castiel based on a directive by Michael because he needed the younger strong Dean to be able to be his vessel to fight Lucifer s vessel. Also Dean said Alistair would bring him back brand new to start the torture over which would keep Dean at his age go e or take a few months.

• Love 1

Well they wanted to break Dean in a hurry because they wanted Sam to be in his prime going up against Lilith. I mean otherwise it would be "C'mon, Sam! We know you're 95 but you can totally take out Lilith! Totally! Here's your walker!!"

• Love 3

It's only Dean's soul that was in Hell, his body would still be the same age since it stayed topside.

Well, from what the show told me in season 4, Dean's soul was in hell for 40 years. I don't like it and it's completely ludicrous but I also refuse to ignore a whole season of watching his man pain because he remembers 40 years of hell. His body might not be over 70 since it was rotting in a grave for four months but his soul should be.

Sam should be hundreds of years old you say? I ignore it since the show ignored it. Or possibly, the cage doesn't have hell time. Lucifer would be really really old otherwise. However, if the cage has hell time, and considering his body was in the cage at least for a little while, Sam should at least look a little older. I don't want to do the math, the show doesn't give a crap either.

This show makes me so tired sometimes.

Well, from what the show told me in season 4, Dean's soul was in hell for 40 years. I don't like it and it's completely ludicrous but I also refuse to ignore a whole season of watching his man pain because he remembers 40 years of hell. His body might not be over 70 since it was rotting in a grave for four months but his soul should be.

Sam should be hundreds of years old you say? I ignore it since the show ignored it. Or possibly, the cage doesn't have hell time. Lucifer would be really really old otherwise. However, if the cage has hell time, and considering his body was in the cage at least for a little while, Sam should at least look a little older. I don't want to do the math, the show doesn't give a crap either.

This show makes me so tired sometimes.

Sorry, I wasn't refuting that the idea was ludicrous, just someone up thread was talking about Dean's body being young again due to healing and I just pointed out his body wasn't my issue with the concept.

This show makes my head hurt sometimes.

season 4, Dean's soul was in hell for 40 years. I don't like it and it's completely ludicrous but I also refuse to ignore a whole season of watching his man pain because he remembers 40 years of hell.

/Bitterness rant incoming

In which season did we finally visit Deans actual issues with being in Hell? Because I sure don't remember much of that happening in s4. I remember one episode of him torturing Alistair but that was on the orders of the Angels and realizing he had broken the first seal which lead to the scene in th hospital and him telling Cas he couldn't fix things after Alistair nearly killed Dean. . Before that we had 5 minutes at the end of wishful Thinking when n he told Sam he lied about not remembering hell and that didn't even get a single man tear. I remember him finally breaking down for 5 minutes at the end of Heaven and Hell and then 5 minutes at the end of the next episode saying he liked torturing. Maybe I've forgotten something else but that was pretty much it for any onscreen followup about what Hell did to him. I remember he was angsting all over the place about Sam lying and hanging out with Ruby.

/End bitterness rant

Re Deans soul age. I figured Deans soul was also reset each time Alistair tortured him and put him back together and that Cas raising him from perdition also reset his soul age.

• Love 3

I think the "Hell years" currency exchange-eque concept (1 Earth Month = 10 Hell Years) makes no sense, both in terms of how characters (especially Crowley) go in and out of Hell, and in terms of Sam and Dean's characterization (they aren't 80-180 years old in terms of how they think, and Sam didn't spend 6x as long in Hell as he did on Earth, I'm sorry), so my personal head!canon is that time doesn't really exist in Hell, every moment is/isn't (at the same time) an eternity. Souls are immortal in this -verse, so time is meaningless after death anyway.

Imo it makes more sense to just figure that their time in Hell felt like forever, they thought it *would* be forever, but (thankfully) it wasn't forever after all. Instead of trying to apply some specific year "count" to how long it lasted. What would Dean even know about "forty years" "ten years," etc -- did they have calenders down there? Whatever, not going to belabor how stupid I find the specificity of their "it was forty years!" ~reveal.~ Dumb as Hell. (badda BING!)

The DUMBEST part imo is that time is apparently assumed to be linear in Hell. Even though time isn't linear in Heaven (where memory loops are basically strung together, seems like), and even though time would be meaningless for all the immortal demons/human souls in Hell anyway (because they're immortal), and even though this version of linear Hell "time" doesn't match up at all with Earth time regardless. Well anyway, I find so much about how they (over *and* under) described Dean's version of Hell especially irritating and confusing and stupid.

The story lines wouldn't be confusing if they paid attention to continuity.

I think they'd still be confusing, because there is no way for characterization for Sam the ~200-year-old and Dean the ~80-year-old to not be confusing and/or totally divorced from reality, imo.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 2

Since showing Hell is a virtually impossible task that will please no one 100% and since it seems they didn't/couldn't/wouldn't show us Dean's visceral Hell experience, I figured the length of time was meant to imply the horror of the experience. My only gripe is that they IMO they didn't spend enough time showing us how it truly affected Dean.  Oh well .

• Love 3

I feel mostly resigned to the boredom and repetitiveness and unrecognizable characters. Why am I still watching? I must have some masochistic tendencies after all. Meanwhile, I don't have time to watch actually good shows.

It feels like even the slight excitement I feel on the day of an episode is more because it has become a habit to be excited about Supernatural. 8 years of weekly watching is a long time to form a habit.

I figured Demon!Dean wouldn't last that long and that he wouldn't do anything too evil. There's no way that TPTB would sully their hero. Now if it had been Sam, they wouldn't have hesitated to have him go full on evil.

I figured Demon!Dean wouldn't last that long and that he wouldn't do anything too evil.

Dean's been the blandest demon I've seen on the show. They won't let him drink blood, kill a nurse ... yawn. We didn't see Azazel doing karaoke, he had better things to do. Actual demony things.

• Love 2

Dean's been the blandest demon I've seen on the show. They won't let him drink blood, kill a nurse ... yawn. We didn't see Azazel doing karaoke, he had better things to do. Actual demony things.

IA Kind of hard to call it the year of Demon when Demon only lasted 3 eps and meant what?  I think it's hurt more than anything.  They could have gone for it, it's not like they couldn't have had a redemption arch for him.  To a large extent, what a waste of Jensen's talents and storyline.  Should never have gone there if you had nothing planned.  Shame on the writers...they should know better!!!

• Love 1

IA Kind of hard to call it the year of Demon when Demon only lasted 3 eps and meant what?  I think it's hurt more than anything.  They could have gone for it, it's not like they couldn't have had a redemption arch for him.  To a large extent, what a waste of Jensen's talents and storyline.  Should never have gone there if you had nothing planned.  Shame on the writers...they should know better!!!

Funny you say that.  I (and others) have long suspected they thought of the idea last season and decided to run with it for shock value.  Then, when they sat down to start writing for S10, they realized the 200th episode was approaching.  So they had to make a choice.  The 100th was such a dud with the fans, as far as I know, that I can't help but wonder if the 200th was written to make up for it.

Regardless, I don't think they had given much thought to the 200th episode when they decided to go with Demon Dean.  I suspect if they had, they would have put it off until after the 200th.

Just spec on my part, of course.  I really don't have anything concrete to back up my theory.

• Love 3

Funny you say that.  I (and others) have long suspected they thought of the idea last season and decided to run with it for shock value.  snip

Regardless, I don't think they had given much thought to the 200th episode when they decided to go with Demon Dean.  I suspect if they had, they would have put it off until after the 200th.

Just spec on my part, of course.  I really don't have anything concrete to back up my theory.

With what we've seen, I think your spec makes more sense than anything else.  Too much is being done for shock value, so I hope that now they are moving in a matter that makes the characters strong and adds weight to the storyline.  I know too much to ask for.  :)