Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Angelville

• Start Topic

The intrigue for the whole season has been set up and it is good. What is the machine, What did mr. weebles want back,. What did God want from Tulip. Was that really God, or the man in white in the dog suit. I mean it is game on!

• Love 1

++++++++ I know, I miss chatting with her too. She has a lot of insightful views. I should have asked her why. I just took it was for religious reasons. I found out recently that the religious community was upset over the jesus being inbred .

++++++++++++Like writinman states this whole show is bat shit crazy, lol. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WalkerTalker said:

++++++++ I know, I miss chatting with her too. She has a lot of insightful views. I should have asked her why. I just took it was for religious reasons. I found out recently that the religious community was upset over the jesus being inbred .

++++++++++++Like writinman states this whole show is bat shit crazy, lol. 

I believe she said for Religious reasons...but ALL the Shows we watch have something Deviant in them!!!!! LOL!!

• Love 2

Well, I'm going to take off. I'm going to catch Last Week Tonight, and the Finale for Westworld. I will be back here for Humans. I think CR will be here for that . Enjoy this crazy Preacher. I think we are all in for a treat this season. 

++++++++++++ Have a great week and stay frosty out there. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, jingles13 said:

Cherokee doesn't know what she's missing..

She's Christian and it's afraid it would be offensive. 

Even if nothing else would, the episode with Humperdoo would most certainly offend.

• Love 2

Bless the credits. "Hilter." Wow. Just turning into the skid.

While I want to see the goings-on of Eugene, Starr and everyone else, we needed the trek to Angelville. While there are differences from the comics (yes, I didn't type "graphic novels"), the main point remains: Jesse's grandmother and kin are not nice people.

Looks like Purgatory is run like Hell, complete with actors and a laugh track. And God pops up to say howdy to Tulip. While still wearing the gimp dog suit. Hey, why not?

How come AMC isn't airing this at 9 p.m.?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Bless the credits. "Hilter." Wow. Just turning into the skid.

I hope the surviving members of Monty Python get a cut for that.

Between this and Split, Betty Buckley's been on a bit of a run lately. To show my age I remember her as Dick Van Patten's second wife on Eight is Enough.

• Love 5

I'm glad they didn't drag out bringing Tulip back, though I thought this episode was kind of all over the place. I do like that the show has established we know who god is but not where. 

I forgot much of S2. I know the Voice was on the fritz because Jesse gave up a % of his soul, but I don't know why he didn't at least try it on the grandmother when she initially refused to help her. He wouldn't have had to make any deal.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I forgot much of S2. I know the Voice was on the fritz because Jesse gave up a % of his soul, but I don't know why he didn't at least try it on the grandmother when she initially refused to help her. He wouldn't have had to make any deal.

Maybe because she would then know about his power and do everything she could to use Jesse and exploit it.

• Love 4

I stopped watching this show halfway through season 2, but I think I got the gist of things.

Jesse's grandmother is a psychopath - cutting something out of her daughter's stomach?!  Geez, I had to look away.

I'm glad the first season hookup between Cassidy and Tulip is finally out in the open.  I'm surprised Jesse didn't kill him.

Every time I see God in that dog suit, it gives me the creeps.  I wonder what Tulip's mission is?

• Love 2

Then use the Voice to make her forget or prevent her from doing anything about it. 

I can understand if he didn't want to open that can of worms but I felt like he should have maybe said something to Cassidy or maybe have Cassidy ask him about it. 

• Love 1

It was good to see a lively watch and chat, even if I could get up at 3am to watch, my method of viewing live is very haphazard, it doesn’t work more often than does, plus I have to watch and use this place at the same time on  a small IPad, I’ll try and get a better system sorted and set the alarm!

just finished watching the episode, fantastic once again and with Hitler working in a coffee shop it’s going to be a hell of a season! Lol

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, Nexus8 said:

Even if nothing else would, the episode with Humperdoo would most certainly offend.

Yes, that episode made me Cringe..being brought up a Baptist..but I take it for the Depraved Comedy that it is meant for..they are taking from The Comic Book..and not All people believe as We do..so I just turn away...

• Love 1

Someone on Facebook asked this question : If you were in Tulips position and had to be brought back from the dead what are your favorite things that should surround you ?

I said : Ribeye steak, puppies, Jamie N Commons with his guitar, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, candles....

• Love 3

I fully understand and respect people’s opinions as to the various religions and what they entail, but who is to say what has been depicted in Preacher so far, isn’t real? isn’t exactly what happens when a person dies? I can no more say that it is true, than someone can say it is untrue, the simple fact is that nobody alive knows, so let’s just believe what we want and respect the right of others to believe what they want, there’s no need to take offence at anything anyone says just because it doesn’t fit in with what you happen to believe in, at the the end of the day nobody, and I mean nobody knows the absolute truth, let’s just live and let live!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Nexus8 said:

Someone on Facebook asked this question : If you were in Tulips position and had to be brought back from the dead what are your favorite things that should surround you ?

Well obviously Lauren Cohan holding me tightly and saying how much she loves me, the smell of a Thai duck red curry and king prawn Pad Thai, and the sounds of the best DooWop groups of the 50’s would get me banging on the doors of life! Lol

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

let’s just believe what we want and respect the right of others to believe what they want, there’s no need to take offence at anything anyone says just because it doesn’t fit in with what you happen to believe in, at the the end of the day nobody, and I mean nobody knows the absolute truth, let’s just live and let live!

Imagine? 

• Love 2

Live and let live. Life is an individual journey. What I believed when I was in my teens, 20's,30's etc. has changed from what I believe now. We love, learn,lose along the way but it is our journey. It is not for us to decide others choices. If someone wants help, or advice give it to them. But, I don't think I should force my belief system on others or vice-versa.The god I learned about was love, compassion,, forgiveness, spread the message, don't judge lest ye be judged so harshly. To me Preacher is just a comedy show. It doesn't offend me, but I could understand how it could offend others. I know people who don't watch any shows with any evil subject matter in them;Exorcist, Sci-Fi, etc..The only shows I ever had a real hard time watching were the Hostile series. To me it was something that could really happen to someone. It freaked me out. The very first AHS about the ghost house scared me so bad I had to stop watching it. Since, it hasn't been back on tv I sorta regret it now, oh well. If the afterlife is like Preacher, then we are in for one hell of  a journey. Guess, we should think what scenario we want to play over, and over again, lol. Some religions believe when you die what was most prominent on your mind,thoughts is what you take with you the the other side, and bring back when reincarnated. I think Preacher makes us look at all sides of life. Even as crude, rude, lawless as they all present themselves they do have a moral code, and are nice to nice peeps. Even witchy granny kills the bad guys for the transport blood. 

My favs; Husband,laptop,tv/remote/Chobani cherry yogurt,KFC Smoky Mtn BBQ,.Toast with  butter/grape jelly,Domino's Pizza

Geeze, I'm hungry now, time for a snack, lol. 

• Love 1

Heh, I consider myself a practicing Catholic (even if I admit to being a Cafeteria Catholic in the highest degree) but I still enjoy this show, even while being sacrilegious as hell. Pun fully intended. Inbred Jesus descendant is probably the time I most thought "Yeah...I need to get to a confession ASAP", and the shows gleeful nialism can be a lot to deal with when it goes too far, or seems to serve no real point, but I mostly still love this crazy show, and I enjoy a show that pushes the envelop in creative ways. And, if nothing else, this show is certainly creative, and gives you a lot to think about when it comes to faith and the nature of a possible divinity, and what that means for everyone on Earth. Honestly, I find it to be pretty interesting to watch from a religious perspective. Catholic school finally paying off!

I cant explain why Dog God (did they put him in that suit just to make that joke about god being dog backwards?) creeps me out so much, but he does. 

• Love 5

Hardly anything I see on TV either upsets or offends me in any way, I do however not like making fun of people who cannot give it back or defend themselves in any way. It was, for that (non religious) reason that I felt uneasy about the Humperdoo scenes and the whole mental health issue that went with it. It was such a rare experience for me that it stood out so much.

The show has pushed so many buttons for so many people, and that is why I love it so much, any show that can have me asking myself (should I really be laughing at that) is on to a winner! 

• Love 3

Maybe because she would then know about his power and do everything she could to use Jesse and exploit it.

Yep, I'm sure Jesse got real used real fast to holding his cards close to his vest when it came to Gran'ma and her little ghoul cabal there. He was truly screwed over from the womb.

I'm very glad we A) took up where we left off and B) didn't drag out Tulip's reemergence on this earthly plane. Mainly because Ruth Negga was glowing with beauty and health and just not looking very dead at all. Loved the classic "fight in the background" between Jesse and Cassidy over Cassidy's assholish reveal while she lay there all radiant.

It's the first ep of the third but already  calling it--line of the season goes to TC and his incomparably delivered "Aw, now Jesse, that was my Swamp Consomme!" His combination of innocence and depravity is great. Jody the killer Man-Mountain is also perfect. Gran'ma knows how to get good help. 

Another casting coup was Tulip's dad, who walked in that door and charmed the socks off me within one nanosecond. It's a tricky role, because this is supposed to be Tulip's memory of her dad from when she was a young girl, and he really nailed the whole thing, from his "everything's gonna be different this time! Not like all those other times!" through the genuine regret about forgetting her candy and that fatal belief that O'Hares just cannot be anything other than colossal fuck ups. He really brought it playing it the way young Tulip would have had those memories stored. Poor Tulip.

(Also...NECCO WAFERS? Well, we now have confirmation that Tulip's taste in food of all kinds has been horrific from the get-go.)

God's clearly got something up that latex dog sleeve. What could it be? Guessing nothing good. Maybe it's going to be explaining what happened to Cassidy's hair between last season and this one.

My favorite things? Let's see... Patty melt casserole with chocolate shakes, my special spaghetti sauce recipe, Shirley Jackson, Connie Willis and Ray Bradbury's entire ouvres, Mystery Science Theater 3000, my kitties, and hopefully some Mueller indictments. 

• Love 3
On 6/24/2018 at 10:43 PM, Nexus8 said:

doesn't offend me. I was raised Christian and consider myself one but I understand tongue-in-cheek humor. I love this show. My 3 favs this year are The Americans, Preacher, and Better Call Saul. They are all great!

On 6/26/2018 at 4:51 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Well obviously Lauren Cohan holding me tightly and saying how much she loves me, the smell of a Thai duck red curry and king prawn Pad Thai, and the sounds of the best DooWop groups of the 50’s would get me banging on the doors of life! Lol

Great menu choices.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Snookums said:

Yep, I'm sure Jesse got real used real fast to holding his cards close to his vest when it came to Gran'ma and her little ghoul cabal there. He was truly screwed over from the womb.

I can buy it, I just felt like we could have been tipped off a little more as to Jesse's state of mind or (non)willingness to use the voice. 

• Love 2

I like all the new characters too. I especially like that scene when the big boy ask Tulip what hell was like. She is all like why do peeps keep asking me that. His no nonsense answer, and the one I would have given, cause ya died and ya back, wtheck, speak up! I didn't remember the humperdoo scene. I watched it on YT. Jesus may have some genetic flaws. But, his lack of social skills is d/t his isolation, and lack of teaching good manners. There are different levels of  challenges. Jesus doesn't appear that bad to me. From my perspective no one is taking care of him emotionally, socially, or in a loving manner. He is just being used, kept caged up for their own purpose. Hopefully, as the show plays out he will be set free, or at least be put in the care of loving care givers who start teaching him social skills. I wouldn't let my dog screws someone's leg, let alone my  challenged child. So, I can understand why so many peeps  were upset Jesus was presented that way. Also, why peeps that have kids with challenges would be upset that they are presented that way. I was not impressed with that scene either. But, what I did take from it is all the secrecy always around religion. The Vatican knows more than they tell us. I find that upsetting that the don't share the entire knowledge of the Bible/God with all of us. Just what they want us to know. One has to questions, to whoms benefit. Also, the voice didn't work with Jesus. It freaked him out, it didn't make him comply. Jesus was drawing all those dog pics. So, now my guess would be that is his pappa in the dog suit.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:22 AM, Snookums said:

(Also...NECCO WAFERS? Well, we now have confirmation that Tulip's taste in food of all kinds has been horrific from the get-go.)

Ha, I loved that because I love Necco Wafers. No Boo Berry though, only Count Chocula!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think the show is being quite clear that it is in fact god in the dog suit. The question is why and why he left. 

Really? You think they’d actually let God be heard or seen on the show, I have my doubts and I don’t think the show is being quite clear about anything, which is why it’s so great, but we’ll see what happens.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 29/06/2018 at 12:04 AM, WalkerTalker said:

I especially like that scene when the big boy ask Tulip what hell was like.

It’s an American name and I’m not sure of the spelling, but Jody / Jodie is a great character, every time I saw him and the other dude I kept thinking of that great film Deliverance, C’mon squeal for me now, squeal! Lol

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2

I wasn't sure if it was God in the dog suit either. But, I read somewhere they came up with that because God is dog spelled backwards. Also, I watched that humperdoo video and Jesus was drawing pics of the spotted dog in his book. It is freaky to put God in a dog suit. So, it will be interesting to see where they are going with that concept. Jody for a boy, Jodie for a girl in the days of old. Now days it could be Jodee, jode, joe d. Like they say in the south, whatever you call em, just don't call em late for dinner,lol. I really like his character. Hope he lives through the season, and more. Meet yal back here tomorrow for some Preacher dinner for the soul, lol.