Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Wolves

• Start Topic

With the cops on their tail, the Cody boys try to pull off their first heist without Smurf and Baz. They return to find unexpected guests waiting at home. Smurf demands that J get rid of them as she deals with a problem of her own in jail.

• Love 1

holy sheet, I thought I was going to have a heart attack on this job, AWESOME! Cody boys still in the game as long as they maintain teamwork. Baez, is the one who put the cops on their tails. His not so genius idea of framing smurf for killing that dude. Love her, or hate her smurf rules animal kingdom.

++++++++++++++++Sometimes I wonder if j is working undercover narc for the cop investigating his mom's death. If not he is a natural.

++++++++++++++++++J's girl likes the highlife. With a mouth like hers, and a bad case of misjudgement I see a silver bullet in her future. 

I thought they would get way more than 100k for that job. But I guess that's what the woman told Smurf. 

why was J pissed off that Nikki boinked another dude? That gives him a great reason to kick her out. Yay for us viewers.

• Love 4

Another detective going over the line, not as bad as blackmailing a teacher to rape a student, but dropping the Cody name in front of the Asian gang's clean up crew. I bet we see that blow back.

• Love 2
(edited)

Agreed, there will be blowback even though that heist pull was riduclously bad. I cringed.

Tailing the Cody's... How hard can that be?! Haha. Nikki tailing Miss, just dumb. I'm confident she will get hurt.

Personally Leary's introduction was disappointing, deran will benefit from him tho, and pope ain't happy BC he's got two people to watch over (Mia&Billy). Also, mia is setting up shop too easy... Just too easy. She's in control, for now.

Edited by Gsallo

It looked like Mia pulled a birth certificate out of that box in the old lady's house. Was it, or something else?

A bunch of Oceansiders are really going to be pissed that their garbage pickup was missed.  I did like that plan of "let's just steal the safe".

Even with the detective's comment, I think the Codys already have targets on their backs.  Wasn't the woman Smurf framed in jail the same one that put her on to this job? Once she finds out it happened, she puts two and two together with the frame and sends word to her people that the Codys just got to get got (tips hat to Homicide).  That is, if they don't just totally implode on their own.

That was Dichen Lachman, right?  Yes, I was looking at her face.

• Love 1

Why didn't Pope handle the Billy situation and kick him out? He left it to Craig. Will we find out Billy abused him when he was younger?

What was Nicky going to achieve by telling J what she did? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

It looked like Mia pulled a birth certificate out of that box in the old lady's house. Was it, or something else?

A bunch of Oceansiders are really going to be pissed that their garbage pickup was missed.  I did like that plan of "let's just steal the safe".

Even with the detective's comment, I think the Codys already have targets on their backs.  Wasn't the woman Smurf framed in jail the same one that put her on to this job? Once she finds out it happened, she puts two and two together with the frame and sends word to her people that the Codys just got to get got (tips hat to Homicide).  That is, if they don't just totally implode on their own.

That was Dichen Lachman, right?  Yes, I was looking at her face.

I remember that line from Omar going after Stringer Bell on The Wire

• Love 1

Nothing skankier than doing a marine in a bar parking lot lol....Mia got her drunk and hooked up pretty easily.  I figured she would be too drunk to remember so I was surprised she told Jay.

So I was confused for a second.  Who was the guy failing them that held up the bank?

2 minutes ago, Laurie4H said:

Nothing skankier than doing a marine in a bar parking lot lol....Mia got her drunk and hooked up pretty easily.  I figured she would be too drunk to remember so I was surprised she told Jay.

So I was confused for a second.  Who was the guy failing them that held up the bank?

Nikki knew about J and Mia. There is no way she can physically do anything except close her legs and leave so with Mia getting her drunk and pushing her on Nikki got revenge sex on J.

The guy who was following J. and heard the police alert from Deren's 911 call  "man with a hoodie entering the bank  I think he had a gun" was the detective's partner. In the investigation of the car accident and how he lost J they saw the pill shop and went there where the detective dropped the Cody name while talking to him in front of the clean up crew.

• Love 1

I’ve alwYs liked the idea of Nikki more then the way she has been written because damn girl you are stupid.  Honestly maybe I think this show is way too dude heavy for my taste and with Smurf mostly out of the picture a girl in the mix had potential but Nikki is too stupid to make a real mark and I don’t like Mia.  

• Love 2
(edited)

OK, its been awhile, so here goes. Of the 4 brothers, was each fathered by a different dude? We now know that Billy is Deran's father, now who was the father of Pope, Craig? Was Baz, J's father as often mentioned and denied? This show was so predictable...when last week's show had Craig visiting a doctor, and somehow one knew that the doctor was going to get into Darin's space. "Hey, wanna get drunk with me". What is going to become of Darin's other friend that he is sponsoring. Here, I thought that Darin was the most level headed of the group, but now he may go by the same path of the others. As for Pope, he keeps ranting to  J and even Craig. of all people, to get rid of Billy. Why doesn't he get rid of Billy. himself? It's obvious, no one is going to get rid of Billy, after the studio hired Tim Leary, to more or less replace Baz character.

Edited by Novel8
omitted the last thoght entered
1 hour ago, Novel8 said:

OK, its been awhile, so here goes. Of the 4 brothers, was each fathered by a different dude? We now know that Billy is Deran's father, now who was the father of Pope, Craig? Was Baz, J's father as often mentioned and denied? This show was so predictable...when last week's show had Craig visiting a doctor, and somehow one knew that the doctor was going to get into Darin's space. "Hey, wanna get drunk with me". What is going to become of Darin's other friend that he is sponsoring. Here, I thought that Darin was the most level headed of the group, but now he may go by the same path of the others. As for Pope, he keeps ranting to  J and even Craig. of all people, to get rid of Billy. Why doesn't he get rid of Billy. himself? It's obvious, no one is going to get rid of Billy, after the studio hired Tim Leary, to more or less replace Baz character.

I think it was in the first season that we were told that the brothers all had different fathers. We met Craig's father last season, he ripped off Smurf, and instead of killing him she only shot him in the knee.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Novel8 said:

? It's obvious, no one is going to get rid of Billy, after the studio hired Tim Leary, to more or less replace Baz character.

I know that's just a typo, but wouldn't that be hilarious!

• Love 2

Last season, I said that Lena was a hot potato that keeps getting thrown around, always being dropped off by Baz to one person or another.  I thought that she was a loose end that was always having to be tied and it became a game to see how they'd get Lena out of the picture so the "grown up" action could happen.  I was surprised that she was still such a big part of this season - a child could not work in the intense world of the Cody's. 

Lena is cute and all and It's nice to see the softer side  of Pope, but in the long run, I just felt that sooner or later they'd have to start to find ways of getting rid of Lena so that the boys could do their thing.  And it happened tonight - Pope handed Lena off to someone (some woman's name I forgot) because Pope had this job to do.   I had enough of the Lena hand-off in previous seasons and hope that it doesn't become a regular feature again.  She needs to be written out... in a nice loving way.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrWhyt said:

I think it was in the first season that we were told that the brothers all had different fathers. We met Craig's father last season, he ripped off Smurf, and instead of killing him she only shot him in the knee.

Has Pope's father ever been revealed? Also, what became of Baz's father that was living in the trailer? 

Just when you think Nicky can't be a bigger idiot. She really doesn't know who she's messing with and it's all about some high school jealousy over a guy who doesn't really give two shits about her anymore. I'm still amazed she's not dead yet.

And there he is, finally. But Deran didn't even know who he was? Or care? That's sad.

Poor Lena. She's already disappearing into herself.

Oh no. They're inside the house. Pope should've handled them himself, right away.

• Love 4

First my complaints.

The show is spending way too much time on Nicky and Mia. I don't give a shit about Nicky and never have, she's been nothing but annoying since Day 1. And now they're trying to build a whole background around this new character, Mia. The scenes with Mia and Nicky were torturous to get through because I honestly could not care less about either one of them. Why is the show trying so hard to make them part of the story? The story is about Smurf and her "boys." Not some dumb teenage girl who's only in the way and certainly not some brand new character nobody cares about one way or another.

Secondly, why the hell does Dichen Lachman show up in every damn show I watch? She was in Altered Carbon, she was in The Last Ship, she was in The Last Resort, she was in Supergirl, she was in Shameless. She's the TV equivalent of box office poison but she keeps showing up everywhere. Why? She's a terrible, one-note actress but apparently a lot of casting directors think she's hot or something so she keeps getting work. I literally groaned out loud when I saw her here and said "Not HER again!" 

Dennis Leary has never really done anything for me. I think the show just wanted a big "name" to replace Scott Speedman. I guess that's OK as long as ratings don't suffer for it. I don't think there's a lot of cross-over between the fanbases, so the fans likely to stop watching now that Speedman is gone probably won't be replaced by Leary fans who never watched the first two seasons.

Onto the good stuff:

It's been too long since we saw a good heist and that's what this show does best. I honestly thought the first fifteen minutes of this episode were classic. I loved everything about it, from the way Daren diverted attention with the car crash and used their police tail against himself with that 911 call-in tip about the bank. Hilarious!!! Everyone brought their A-game for this one. 

I don't think that 86K is going to last J very long though, it sounds like the bills for Smurf's attorney and for her protection racket are going to eat up all of it at once.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, HollyG said:

Has Pope's father ever been revealed? Also, what became of Baz's father that was living in the trailer? 

Yeah, I'd like to know too. Baz's father was an asshole, prob left town.And what about Vinny... Is he dead?! This show is terrible tying loose ends.

19 hours ago, patty1h said:

Last season, I said that Lena was a hot potato that keeps getting thrown around, always being dropped off by Baz to one person or another.  I thought that she was a loose end that was always having to be tied and it became a game to see how they'd get Lena out of the picture so the "grown up" action could happen.  I was surprised that she was still such a big part of this season - a child could not work in the intense world of the Cody's. 

Lena is cute and all and It's nice to see the softer side  of Pope, but in the long run, I just felt that sooner or later they'd have to start to find ways of getting rid of Lena so that the boys could do their thing.  And it happened tonight - Pope handed Lena off to someone (some woman's name I forgot) because Pope had this job to do.   I had enough of the Lena hand-off in previous seasons and hope that it doesn't become a regular feature again.  She needs to be written out... in a nice loving way.

I think Lena sticks around because in S1, it was put out there that Pope might be her real father instead of Baz.

I'm glad I read these forums as I didn't realize J was paying Mia's gang protection money for Smurf in jail. Who is she being protected from? I also didn't catch that the cop dropped the Cody's name to the Asian gang.

I like Dennis Leary, so will be interesting to see where they go with his character and his relationship with Deran. I don't think we ever found out who Pope's and J's mom's father was.

It's time for Smurf to be sprung from jail.

6 hours ago, Gsallo said:

Yeah, I'd like to know too. Baz's father was an asshole, prob left town.And what about Vinny... Is he dead?! This show is terrible tying loose ends.

Remember Baz was a foster child to Smurf. there is a mother out there, or dead also. Given the folks in the story I wouldn't bet against Baz's father being an ex eex partner to Smurf though.

47 minutes ago, Cranky One said:

I think Lena sticks around because in S1, it was put out there that Pope might be her real father instead of Baz.

I'm glad I read these forums as I didn't realize J was paying Mia's gang protection money for Smurf in jail. Who is she being protected from? I also didn't catch that the cop dropped the Cody's name to the Asian gang.

I like Dennis Leary, so will be interesting to see where they go with his character and his relationship with Deran. I don't think we ever found out who Pope's and J's mom's father was.

It seems this year that everybody knows about the Cody's in the cop and crime communities. I will just assume the Asian gang's drug store wasn't the first criminal target of the Cody's. However it seems odd that despite the house security with all the parties and Smurf real estate baron could have been gotten to as easily on the outside as she is locked down in county jail.

2 hours ago, Cranky One said:

other inmates

I think Lena also grounds Pope. In many ways he's the least stable of the four (now three) brothers. I think they said he's bipolar? He's on meds of some sort at any rate. You could easily see him spiral out of control if he didn't have Lena to take care of. There's really no other reason for him to maintain his sanity or even stick around. 

• Love 1
On 6/20/2018 at 8:48 AM, Raja said:

Nikki knew about J and Mia. There is no way she can physically do anything except close her legs and leave so with Mia getting her drunk and pushing her on Nikki got revenge sex on J.

I'm not so sure that Nikki knows about J and Mia, although I think she at least suspects something.  I don't know if I'd consider the Marine to be revenge sex, though.  I think she was lonely (thinking of the first scene when she and J were doing the deed and the look on her face was like, "are we having fun yet"?) because J has been distracted lately and cute Marine + too many drinks = parking lot sex.

I think she told J because she felt guilty; not to get at him.  And I think J reacted the way he did in the truck for one of two reasons.  Either he realized that she slept with someone else because he hadn't really been paying attention to her and he felt guilty or he was pissed off because someone else played with his toy, dammit.

• Love 1

At any rate, they just can't get rid of Nicky fast enough to suit me. 

Who was the guy waiting at Deran's bar that expected work from him? Was it one of his "crew" that he used for the car theft? I didn't get that part.

On June 22, 2018 at 1:27 PM, iMonrey said:

At any rate, they just can't get rid of Nicky fast enough to suit me. 

Who was the guy waiting at Deran's bar that expected work from him? Was it one of his "crew" that he used for the car theft? I didn't get that part.

yes, one of his crew.

Mia so easily saw Nikki as the weak link in the Cody chain, and played her like a fiddle. Wow Nikki. When even Craig is lower on the intellectual totem pole, you know your life has taken some bad turns. I also snickered at Mia questioning the "stuff she has going on" that kept her from leaving with her family.

• Love 4
On 6/20/2018 at 11:38 AM, iMonrey said:

Onto the good stuff:

It's been too long since we saw a good heist and that's what this show does best. I honestly thought the first fifteen minutes of this episode were classic. I loved everything about it, from the way Daren diverted attention with the car crash and used their police tail against himself with that 911 call-in tip about the bank. Hilarious!!! Everyone brought their A-game for this one. 

I don't think that 86K is going to last J very long though, it sounds like the bills for Smurf's attorney and for her protection racket are going to eat up all of it at once.

Yes - the return of a good heist was much appreciated!  They have bills to pay so they have got to get back to "work" and do some heists.  I love how they figured out how to counteract all of the relevant pieces - and how it all fit nicely like a satisfying jigsaw puzzle.

As far as Mia playing Nikki for a fool in getting all of that info out of her for the price of several drinks:  Nikki should have known better.  Plus, you don't increase your worth by being a big blabbermouth.  I will admit that her getting revenge sex with the Marine in his truck in the parking lot:  no problem since the poor girl has "needs".  (wink)  Plus, Marines should be rewarded for their service to the country, don'cha think?