Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Surprised no one has posted about the calendars yet! :) 

The calendar shoot was much later this year than last year, so that might make a difference

11 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Plus, who wouldn’t want to take a trip to London on a vacation that just happens to also contain a significant audition? Why the fuss? These women can’t win. If Dayton goes by herself, Shelly gets accused of sending her young daughter overseas, alone, where she can be killed by terrorists. If she goes with her, she’s a helicopter mom who won’t let her daughter grow up... I don’t understand... 

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Shelly said that these boards make her laugh - I wonder why;)

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

The calendar shoot was much later this year than last year, so that might make a difference

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Shelly said that these boards make her laugh - I wonder why;)

well they are up on calendars.com :) 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Plus, who wouldn’t want to take a trip to London on a vacation that just happens to also contain a significant audition? Why the fuss? These women can’t win. If Dayton goes by herself, Shelly gets accused of sending her young daughter overseas, alone, where she can be killed by terrorists. If she goes with her, she’s a helicopter mom who won’t let her daughter grow up... I don’t understand... 

I agree, plus going overseas to a dance audition is a far cry from filling out applications at the local mall. Apples and oranges, IMO 

• Love 8

Kelli Q got cover for the swimsuit calendar & Lacey being the back cover. From the looks of it (and this is just me zooming in on the tiny square pictures) starting from the top left corner picture it seems to be: Heather, Alexis, Tasha, Amy, Khalyn, Kashara, Rachel, Lacey, Yuko, Savannah, Tara, and Tess. 

Not saying these are 100% accurate as it is a little blurry whenever I try to zoom in.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

Kelli Q got cover for the swimsuit calendar & Lacey being the back cover. From the looks of it (and this is just me zooming in on the tiny square pictures) starting from the top left corner picture it seems to be: Heather, Alexis, Tasha, Amy, Khalyn, Kashara, Rachel, Lacey, Yuko, Savannah, Tara, and Tess. 

Not saying these are 100% accurate as it is a little blurry whenever I try to zoom in.

Where you seeing this 

8 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

Lacy got both a cover and a month. Does this happen often? I’m happy for her, just curious if this is a big deal or is it normal? 

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I would love to see that. I think it would be easy enough to do with the 3 in the triangle and the girl behind the point. So, last year it would've rotated between Kashara, Lacey, Jenna and Robin. The year before Jenn K, Jenna, Melissa, and Erica. I know that the entrance formation would have to change as well, but if those 4 are supposed to be the best 4 dancers on the team, I'm sure they could handle. 

I like the idea of it, but it could be pretty disorienting for dancers behind the ones rotating. So they would need some really strong dancers in rows 3-5 of the pyramid. As a dancer, you not only know your “marks,” but you also use the people around you to make sure you’re in the right spot...on this section, Jane is off my right shoulder and I’m off Suzy’s right... all DCC cheerleaders are strong, smart dancers, but if they rotated each week, rehearsals could feel like a re-block every Mon/Tues. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

well they are up on calendars.com :) 

Ok I see what happened - 2018 came up but there is an option for 2019.   Thank you!!

6 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I like the idea of it, but it could be pretty disorienting for dancers behind the ones rotating. So they would need some really strong dancers in rows 3-5 of the pyramid. As a dancer, you not only know your “marks,” but you also use the people around you to make sure you’re in the right spot...on this section, Jane is off my right shoulder and I’m off Suzy’s right... all DCC cheerleaders are strong, smart dancers, but if they rotated each week, rehearsals could feel like a re-block every Mon/Tues. 

OMG!!  You and I are thinking so alike today:)  I was thinking of Emma filling in for Simone and how confusing that was for her, a seasoned pro, getting used to a different spot in the formation.

15 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Lacy got both a cover and a month. Does this happen often? I’m happy for her, just curious if this is a big deal or is it normal? 

Ashley Marie got a cover and a month, and I think Ashton did as well.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok I see what happened - 2018 came up but there is an option for 2019.   Thank you!!

OMG!!  You and I are thinking so alike today:)  I was thinking of Emma filling in for Simone and how confusing that was for her, a seasoned pro, getting used to a different spot in the formation.

Great minds, Scorpio, great minds...

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The only ones I can make out are Lacey and Khalyn

Second little pick on the left is Alexis only reason I know is bc she was the only one in the nude color bathing suit 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Mmm, maybe.  But we're talking about a 22-year old woman whose mom goes with her to job interviews.  A year is a long time to be away from your mom if you're so sheltered you can't even seek employment by yourself.  So I was surprised at the choice because it's not exactly safe.  I truly hope she grows and learns from the experience.  I'm assuming it's a generational thing and I just don't get it.  I've been working since I turned 15 and at the time I walked to city hall to fill out my working papers myself.  I circled the help wanted ads and got myself every job I ever had.  I don't get helicopter parenting because I wasn't helicopter parented.  Not my jam and that's why I feel the way I do.

My mom called Carnival to inquire about the application process and this was in the dark ages---she was 20 at the time and needed to get away after we lost our father. If she survived I have ever faith that Dayton can too. FWIW she was born in 74'. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, CheerGoddess said:

I see Kelli front cover, Lacey back cover, then Heather, Alexis, Gina, Amy, Khalyn, Kashara, Rachel, Lacey, Yuko, Savannah, Tara, Tess

I don’t like the crooked ocean lines in some of them. 

Edited by Jesslyn
16 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

I see them as Lacey on the cover, then Heather Alexis Gina Amy Khalyn Kashara Rachel Miranda Yuko Savannah Tara Tess

I don't see Miranda, but I see Lacey on the back cover and in the yellow swim suit.

And I know I've said this before, but if my rear end looked as good as KaShara's, Gina's and Lacey's, it would be my driver's license photo.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Agreed!  IMO this is an example of a great family dynamic

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I assume some believe Shelley & Dayton are given A LOT of preferential treatment;  since Mom doles out DCC info on this forum.

Tina better start contributing if she hopes for Vic to receive remotely the same benefit. ?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't see Miranda, but I see Lacey on the back cover and in the yellow swim suit.

And I know I've said this before, but if my rear end looked as good as KaShara's, Gina's and Lacey's, it would be my driver's license photo.

Yes I agree, it’s lacey not Miranda. I first thought Miranda then edited it to Lacey, the highlighted hair looks more to be Lacey. 

1 hour ago, Jesslyn said:

Yes I agree, it’s lacey not Miranda. I first thought Miranda then edited it to Lacey, the highlighted hair looks more to be Lacey. 

I do the same thing - there is always one picture every year I’m squinting at trying to see who it is

8 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

I see Kelli front cover, Lacey back cover, then Heather, Alexis, Gina, Amy, Khalyn, Kashara, Rachel, Lacey, Yuko, Savannah, Tara, Tess

Is that Kashara?  Crap, I thought it was Christina :(

1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

WAIT a minute!!  Christina didn't even make it to the calendar?

Cristina made it into the second one! Someone posted them both up above 

2 hours ago, cgloss said:

4BD82D4D-750F-4A75-B405-F9787564324F.thumb.jpeg.5911b0b55a20a26bbe1afd013304d8e7.jpeg991ABC55-2B17-4B30-B6F3-5BF883ADCE56.thumb.jpeg.abae11848ccbb8b63b7923a4e9fa7dfb.jpeg

11A2A1C7-FB51-4E5A-BC89-41CFD5EBD7F4.thumb.jpeg.01622dcdffbc498ca6a0ebdcddc34cf4.jpeg5F7C5ED4-5575-46AE-8BCA-F736C6512D2A.thumb.jpeg.7e74e44eed38ed379fd5a86faecabcaa.jpeg

The second one looks like Cristina, Gina, Tess, Miranda, kashara., Kelli, khalyn, Lexie, Maddie, Jessika, Molly, and Savannah 

4 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

I've been responding to posts incorrectly a lot lately...is that Christina in the blue suit next to Lacey's butt (where Lacey has the back cover)?  I thought THAT was who posters are saying is Kashara.

I know ZERO about the calendars other than what I saw on the show. There are 2 swimsuit calendars? Is it always this way? With all these available spots, what is the big “competition” to get in the calendar? 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I've been responding to posts incorrectly a lot lately...is that Christina in the blue suit next to Lacey's butt (where Lacey has the back cover)?  I thought THAT was who posters are saying is Kashara.

I can't tell for sure who's who either but the one that looks like it might be Christina to me is in the bottom calendar the girl in the pink suit next to Heather O's feet.  Can someone please clarify ?

The girl in the blue suit by Laceys butt looks like Kashara to me.

18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I think Kashara is next to Lacy’s butt in the first calendar. In the second one posted, it looks like Christina in the pink. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I think Kashara is next to Lacy’s butt in the first calendar. In the second one posted, it looks like Christina in the pink. 

Must be a good pose, then, because the person in that picture looks much thinner than Kashara.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Must be a good pose, then, because the person in that picture looks much thinner than Kashara.

I think her body looks the same in both calendars. Plus, as I look at her face, I just don’t know who else it could be. 

Did anyone notice that they used the same shot of Kelly in both calendars? And, it looks like the second calendar is more conservative until the shot of Kelli. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I think it’s Kashara. Hair looks a little too long to be Cristina’s and also I just cannot imagine that they wouldn’t put kashara in the main swimsuit calendar!

9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Last cut made was Taylor t 

It's getting late in TC, and I'm impatient. With the season premiere next week, I would expect them to announce the team soon.

I hope we get a squad larger than 36.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, hypeman said:

It's getting late in TC, and I'm impatient. With the season premiere next week, I would expect them to announce the team soon.

I hope we get a squad larger than 36.

I think we may unless she decides to do one mass cut all in one day 

2 hours ago, CheerGoddess said:

The second one looks like Cristina, Gina, Tess, Miranda, kashara., Kelli, khalyn, Lexie, Maddie, Jessika, Molly, and Savannah 

No Tasha? 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

My mom called Carnival to inquire about the application process and this was in the dark ages---she was 20 at the time and needed to get away after we lost our father. If she survived I have ever faith that Dayton can too. FWIW she was born in 74'. 

Your mom is only two years older than me and I have a 4 year old ?. 

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Your mom is only two years older than me and I have a 4 year old ?. 

Awww. I was born in ‘77 and still pondering kids. Love hearing about older mommas. Even tho you weren’t exceptionally old when you had your baby ?

I’m surprised Tasha isn’t all up everywhere in the calendars - I think she’s so pretty in that calendar way ?? They did have her in some super tragic suits during the shoots tho. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Awww. I was born in ‘77 and still pondering kids. Love hearing about older mommas. Even tho you weren’t exceptionally old when you had your baby ?

I’m surprised Tasha isn’t all up everywhere in the calendars - I think she’s so pretty in that calendar way ?? They did have her in some super tragic suits during the shoots tho. 

The white suits they had her in last year, the poses, the backgrounds - she took beautiful photos.

• Love 1