Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

After watching last night's episode, I feel like maybe our collective criticism of Kelly being completely blinded by bias was somewhat unwarranted.  The things she (and Judy) said to VK were accurate, and I was glad to see they were actually said - and so early in TC.  Sure, it's obvious that she has a close emotional attachment to the girl, and they both are in a tough position.  But it was handled more reasonably than I was thinking it would be.  

• Love 18

Whenever they focused on Dayton it was when she was making a mistake, but whenever she was in the background while they focused on someone else she looked great. That is the definition of a bad edit. I do think she is another, like Victoria, who would have benefited from dance team experience, but she's in a good place now so this can be chalked up to be one of those things that makes you stronger in the long run.

Malena is so pretty I can't stop looking at her.

I want to give Rachel a hug because she seems scared to me. Her manner of speaking, her posture, all of it screams lack of confidence. As for her makeover, I would have made her a deep, rich brown to match her eyes and add blond highlights.  The dirty blond is so blah to me.  I think she'd look gorgeous and have more pop.

I loved the practice wear with Cowboys in crystal. It looked so sparkly and flattering.

I was not happy when Victoria interrupted Kelli. If I were Kelli, I would have said something.

So much dancing in this episode! I love it!

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Next episode sneak peak:

Jay should realize the pushups, situps and two mile run is not an accurate way to access physical fitness. If the Army can figure that out, he can too.

My question is why is this whole video of Kelli's precious princess Victoria??  We have all seen enough of her.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

After watching last night's episode, I feel like maybe our collective criticism of Kelly being completely blinded by bias was somewhat unwarranted.  The things she (and Judy) said to VK were accurate, and I was glad to see they were actually said - and so early in TC.  Sure, it's obvious that she has a close emotional attachment to the girl, and they both are in a tough position.  But it was handled more reasonably than I was thinking it would be.  

I agree with quite a bit of this.  I especially liked when we saw Kelli say to Dayton at the salon, "don't do that to me" or something to that effect -- basically saying, "hey, I'm putting myself out there by bringing the daughters of my co-workers and friends into training camp, and you not following the rules really makes me look bad and/or puts me in an awkward position"

That being said, I think Victoria looks not just heavy, but fat.  Unfortunately, she's a girl whose weight goes to her face.  All the close ups of her last night were shocking (in my opinion).  So when Kelli said to her in her office, "some judges at finals think you need to tone up your tummy," I thought that was seriously soft-pedaling the issue.  Any other girl would have gotten a frank conversation about how she looked.

But overall, I was impressed with Kelli last night and how she dealt with Dayton and Victoria.

Edited by SmpIsimon
typo
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, Anita said:

Does anyone know if Jalyn is ok? xx ? @ShellyB.? xx

20537E7A-E51C-4FAE-8621-0FC98570C469.jpeg

Based on of some of the comments written, it doesn't seem she's ill or suffering from anything super serious like a death in the family or something. For example Brianna wrote "someday you'll look back at this and laugh"

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I agree quite a bit with this.  I especially liked when we saw Kelli say to Dayton at the salon, "don't do that to me" or something to that effect -- basically saying, "hey, I'm putting myself out there by bringing the daughters of my co-workers and friends into training camp, and you not following the rules really makes me look bad and/or puts me in an awkward position"

That being said, I think Victoria looks not just heavy, but fat.  Unfortunately, she's a girl whose weight goes to her face.  All the close ups of her last night were shocking (in my opinion).  So when Kelli said to her in her office, "some judges at finals think you need to tone up your tummy," I thought that was seriously soft-pedaling the issue.  Any other girl would have gotten a frank conversation about how she looked.

But overall, I was impressed with Kelli last night and how she dealt with Dayton and Victoria.

She could have said "don't do that to me" to Victoria also.  Victoria may not have been late but she has put a lot of weight on and she has not improved her dance style.  Why didn't Kelli say anything to Victoria about her poor manners when she interrupted her.  Kelli thinks Victoria can do no wrong.  She wont even tell Victoria she is over weight, she blamed it on the others judges saying "some judges at finals thing you need to tone up your tummy".  Kelli is not doing Victoria any favors by not telling her the facts.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Based on of some of the comments written, it doesn't seem she's ill or suffering from anything super serious like a death in the family or something. For example Brianna wrote "someday you'll look back at this and laugh"

Boyfriend break-up?

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

She could have said "don't do that to me" to Victoria also.  Victoria may not have been late but she has put a lot of weight on and she has not improved her dance style.  Why didn't Kelli say anything to Victoria about her poor manners when she interrupted her.  Kelli thinks Victoria can do no wrong.  She wont even tell Victoria she is over weight, she blamed it on the others judges saying "some judges at finals thing you need to tone up your tummy".  Kelli is not doing Victoria any favors by not telling her the facts.  

Yes, I agree with you.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

We are 

I think they do.  I’ve been on this board for 4 years.  Everything that we have hated (jay workout segments, Melissa shoved down our throat) has been changed.  Seriously, we are the best focus group they have to go off of. 

TOTALLY AGREE!! And they took our "Where are they now" topic.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Boyfriend break-up?

I mentioned that upthread as well...especially because she posted a picture of herself eating cake.  Nothing says "breakup" like carbs :)

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I mentioned that upthread as well...especially because she posted a picture of herself eating cake.  Nothing says "breakup" like carbs :)

I hope so. I really want her to stay. She's an AWESOME dancer and fun to watch.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Boyfriend break-up?

Pretty sure this is it. I want to say on her insta page there were pictures of her with a guy and it's been cleaned out now. It has been a while since I looked at hers so I might be wrong but this is what I'm thinking too. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Next episode sneak peak:

Jay should realize the pushups, situps and two mile run is not an accurate way to access physical fitness. If the Army can figure that out, he can too.

When I was in junior high back in the olden days, twice a year we did the Presidential Fitness tests - pushups, situps, side steps, 6 minute run, pull ups and something else.  I thought that's what he was doing.

• Love 1

I think I'm the only person who found this episode disturbing. I feel that in order to make Kelli (or the process) look good and fair, CMT had to sacrifice the reputation and character of 2 very young impressionable girls.

So my question to the board is, would this season be less or more entertaining if they had left VK and Dayton story lines to just critiquing their dance skills and showmanship? 

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Lol! Based on the messages in her card... “you’ll laugh about this one day...” and, “you’re a beautiful dancer...” I thought she messed up or blanked or fell during a SG performance. Breakup makes more sense. I had this pic in my head of her falling off of a tight stage.  ? 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Lol! Based on the messages in her card... “you’ll laugh about this one day...” and, “you’re a beautiful dancer...” I thought she messed up or blanked or fell during a SG performance. Breakup makes more sense. I had this pic in my head of her falling off of a tight stage.  ? 

Now that you mention it, your thoughts make more sense :)

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I think I'm the only person who found this episode disturbing. I feel that in order to make Kelli (or the process) look good and fair, CMT had to sacrifice the reputation and character of 2 very young impressionable girls.

So my question to the board is, would this season be less or more entertaining if they left VK and Dayton story lines to just critiquing their dance skills and showmanship? 

Yeah, I disagree.  I just see Dayton as a sloppy mess, and I don't think editing had much to do with that.  Also, the "he pulled me over but I was only going 6 miles over" made me want to barf.  Basically, "I was doing something illegal, but it wasn't that illegal."  I cannot imagine saying that to my boss.  In other words, I feel like she's falling victim to her own immaturity and lack of preparation.  And they're trying to give Victoria a good edit, but she's not making it easy for them.  So, yeah, I don't feel bad for either.  Also, both of them knew (more than anyone!) what being in training camp would mean (i.e., they'd be on a reality show) and yet both willingly auditioned.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 10

Yeah, I disagree.  I just see Dayton as a sloppy mess, and I don't think editing had much to do with that.  Also, the "he pulled me over but I was only going 6 miles over" made me want to barf.  Basically, "I was doing something illegal, but it wasn't that illegal."  I cannot imagine saying that to my boss.  In other words, I feel like she's falling victim to her own immaturity and lack of preparation.  And they're trying to give Victoria a good edit, but she's not making it easy for them.  So, yeah, I don't feel bad for either.

I hear ya. @Smplsimon - Did you also find that entertaining?

2 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I hear ya. @Smplsimon - Did you also find that entertaining?

No, I'm disgusted by the whole "daughter of colleague/best friend" story line (honestly, I hit "mute" pretty much any time I see Dayton or Victoria do a talking head moment), but I doubt I'm the target audience.  The people who just watch the show for mindless entertainment probably think it's awesome. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 4

No, I'm disgusted by the whole "daughter of colleague/best friend" story line (honestly, I hit "mute" pretty much any time I see Dayton or Victoria do a talking head moment), but I doubt I'm the target audience.  The people who just watch the show for mindless entertainment probably think it's awesome. 

I agree. Thank you.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I don't know why they're focusing so much on VK/Dayton but it's seriously off putting. I'm tired of seeing only those two in talking heads, give me someone else. I'll even take more Kashara over them at this point.

LOL! Seriously. It's too much.

3 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I don't know why they're focusing so much on VK/Dayton but it's seriously off putting. I'm tired of seeing only those two in talking heads, give me someone else. I'll even take more Kashara over them at this point.

I especially don't enjoy watching children cry.

5 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

MTT has turned into Toddlers & Tiaras, at this point.

• Love 4

Two things I noticed last night:

1) Rachel's awful spray tan -- she looks like she's been rolling in dirt, plus it's all splotchy (check out her shoulders during her talking head moments).  I thought for sure it would be one of the three things Kelli wanted to talk to her about.

2)  When Victoria announced that she hadn't been cut, the girls who were waiting didn't seem particularly happy with that news.  Their faces seemed to be saying "damn!" (in contrast, they seemed happy for the others).

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 8

This may have already been stated but the way Kelli described VK IMO was perfect! She said that VK is a "Beautiful Storm"! I think of a snow storm, like pretty to look at but can be destructive. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

2)  When Victoria announced that she hadn't been cut, the girls who were waiting didn't seem particularly happy with that news.  Their faces seemed to be saying "damn!" (in contrast, they seemed happy for the others).

Yeah, I want to re-watch that scene. I was trying to pay attention to which other Training Camp Candidates came over to hug her.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

When I was in junior high back in the olden days, twice a year we did the Presidential Fitness tests - pushups, situps, side steps, 6 minute run, pull ups and something else.  I thought that's what he was doing.

I have not seen the girls do side steps, pull ups and a six minute run. He usually have them do two minute pushups, two minute situps and a two mile run.

15 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Ugh I’m totally team Brigitte now. She was so stinkin cute in the alumni class with her dance style

YES!! Would love to see more of these TCCs footage over the flailing ones they keep highlighting 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I have not seen the girls do side steps, pull ups and a six minute run. He usually have them do two minute pushups, two minute situps and a two mile run.

Ugh! That was exhausting just to read. I'm gonna eat cake while I watch that episode.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Two things I noticed last night:

1) Rachel's awful spray tan -- she looks like she's been rolling in dirt, plus it's all splotchy (check out her shoulders during her talking head moments).  I thought for sure it would be one of the three things Kelli wanted to talk to her about.

They usually all give a group hug to the girl coming out of the office but I noticed only a few girls gave Victoria a hug and some were just standing there with that look on their face of "thank goodness she is gone".

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Rookie Rachel is pretty but it's something about her lips that look odd to me. She is really boring and needs to step it up in personality and dance performance.

Ohhh, but she's Miss America's runner up. I say that in a starstruck tone. I have a girl crush. Much like Kelli & VK's relationship, love is blind ;)

3 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

They usually all give a group hug to the girl coming out of the office but I noticed only a few girls gave Victoria a hug and some were just standing there with that look on their face of "thank goodness she is gone".

Now I have to re-watch that!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

There’s a new closed Facebook group for DCC fans, btw, and Dayton is getting torn to shreds on it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I get that. But some of the comments are more brutal than I expected. 

Dayton has been shredded on the regular FB CMT page as well.  I tried to help but only ended up being cyber stalked so had to remove my replies.  VK gets a lot of praise.  #GoFigure

• Love 3
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Dayton has been shredded on the regular FB CMT page as well.  I tried to help but only ended up being cyber stalked so had to remove my replies.  VK gets a lot of praise.  #GoFigure

Poor kid.

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

In the words of Shannon the Media Guy: Facebook is not your friend. And speaking of which, I wonder if we will the Social Media Training segment again.

2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It is because CMT has edited Dayton to only show her when she is messing up and they do not show us Victoria messing up or what her body is looking like right now.  The people making these comments on Facebook do not see the truth of what is going on.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

It is because CMT has edited Dayton to only show her when she is messing up and they do not show us Victoria messing up or what her body is looking like right now.  The people making these comments on Facebook do not see the truth of what is going on.  

Dear FB trolls ... just wait for it.

• Love 5

1.  Jayln's hair was better before in the red she had, the orange hair she has now reminds me of a bag of carrots

2.  Victoria just reminds me of Karissa from San Antonio.  She just looked unkempt and her always looked dirty and greasy.  Victoria is just a taller version and heavier.

3.  I may be in the minority here, but I am rooting for Brennan.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

You have hit it right on the head. I would not be surprise if they are trying to show tough love with Dayton in order to fool the fans and viewers with she is not going to get special treatment. In the case of Victoria, they are desperately trying to show she really deserves a spot on the team. Big time fail CMT, Kelli and Charlotte.

35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And he’s says it’s a modified version of US Army fitness test. 

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I agree with quite a bit of this.  I especially liked when we saw Kelli say to Dayton at the salon, "don't do that to me" or something to that effect -- basically saying, "hey, I'm putting myself out there by bringing the daughters of my co-workers and friends into training camp, and you not following the rules really makes me look bad and/or puts me in an awkward position"

And, she starts the conversation by saying: “I love you like a daughter...”

It seemed to me that she felt a little bad for being so harsh in front of others when Dayton first arrived. I am only guessing by her body language and the pain I saw on KELLI’S face. It’s also pretty obvious that CMT isn’t showing the good stuff from Dayton while trying very hard to show ONLY the good stuff out of Victoria. 

All involved should be angry with the CMT edit. They are trying to tell a story of good vs bad. Ironically, their “good choice” ends up being our villain. These are two YOUNG ladies. CMT could have found other drama that wasn’t so personally damaging. 

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The Army is coming out with a new fitness test coming in 2020. I get tired reading how they will be doing the test in two years.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/07/09/a-new-army-pt-test-is-on-its-way-this-is-not-a-drill/

Now if Jay wants the girls to try something like this I would definitely watch.

Yeah- they are athletes, but I don’t think many of them could get through this. Dancers also train their bodies dancers differently than soldiers or weight lifters would. (Ok, that’s a captain obvious moment.)

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

Omg @ShellyB, I saw the exchange on Instagram... I’m so sorry. Poor Dayton. I haven’t seen the episode yet but I already know I’m going to feel so bad that Dayton is being thrown to the wolves in the edit.

I’m not a big TV person or follower, but I’m almost inclined to go find Dayton if she stops by in Sydney Aust while she’s travelling just to give her a hug and tell her she’s gorgeous. She still comes off as dignified and graceful on the show. It takes so much courage to get through a moment like this and it’s good to see her doing a phenomenal job of handling her social media with class. 

Sydney will be her port for 3 1/2 months. ?☀️

10 hours ago, Anita said:

Does anyone know if Jalyn is ok? xx ? @ShellyB.? xx

20537E7A-E51C-4FAE-8621-0FC98570C469.jpeg

I have no idea...been working from home this week. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Sydney will be her port for 3 1/2 months. ?☀️

@ShellyB - I know you can't comment because of your affiliation ... but I thought what CMT did to Dayton's story was exploitative. I was not entertained and it was unconformable to watch.

• Love 17