Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Chapter 10

Bort

The Cary/Kerry situation is tragic.  And I have never even been really fond of them!  I'm not sure why David has such complete faith in Syd - especially future Syd.  I guess any lifeboat in a storm?

Melanie's magic smoke is confusing me.  What kind of effect is the Aladdin's Lamp having on her?

This was a good episode. I really like that they finally revealed fully that Lenny was real in the asylum. I liked the interactions with Foruhk and David.  He’s had much more practiced honing his abilities unlike David.  It does make me wonder if the big bad in future Syds life is David. Vulture has a good recap.  I actually understood John Hamm’s narration this week because both David and the shadow king can change your perception of reality so that does give them power with humans. 

Also stray thought does the basket general guy have eyes on everyone because of his basket or is it because of his Androids?  

http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/legion-recap-season-2-episode-2.html

• Love 2

soo.... every time David and future Syd are talking and she has to go she looks nervous, like someone is watching or giving her permission to be there. Short before she has to leave we hear that "scratching sound like the one that mysterious figure made after Melanie consumed the vape. In the series we are giving to think that that´s the shadow king, I think, but in the future the shadow king is death. In this episode we find out that there are two versions of it, could it be that one survived (prob. lenny) and has different plans and is manipulating the situation in some way.
What do you guys think about this theory or am i just mixing that wierd sickness with the shadow king

1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

Yeah, Syd unintentionally walled her when she and David body-switched.

Yeah but I always felt like it wasn’t clear that she was that Lenny and not just a figment of David’s consciousness.  I think what I mean more is that Lenny is actually Lenny in the shadow king.  So confusing. 

1 hour ago, duncar said:

soo.... every time David and future Syd are talking and she has to go she looks nervous, like someone is watching or giving her permission to be there. Short before she has to leave we hear that "scratching sound like the one that mysterious figure made after Melanie consumed the vape. In the series we are giving to think that that´s the shadow king, I think, but in the future the shadow king is death. In this episode we find out that there are two versions of it, could it be that one survived (prob. lenny) and has different plans and is manipulating the situation in some way.
What do you guys think about this theory or am i just mixing that wierd sickness with the shadow king

And @duncar that’s possible. Maybe in the future  some of the consciousness of the shadow king, like Lenny for example, could break off from him somehow. With this show you never know! 

Realizing that Lenny is still Lenny changes the first scene where “The Shadow King” is trapped with Oliver on pool floats. I think that was meant to be Lenny. 

But when they invaded for the monk, there were definitely two actions happening at once- one of them is participating 

• Love 1

Why, yes, I always wonder what it would look like if Jemaine Clement and Aubrey Plaza teamed up and murder people with powers.  All while singing and dancing.  Thanks as always for bringing the crazy that I never knew I wanted, Legion!

So, if we're going to take Future Syd at her word (which, yeah, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop), it sounds like the reason they still need The Shadow King is because he's the only thing that can stop whatever threat is heading their way.  The good old "use a lesser evil to stop a bigger evil" approach.  At least David already told Syd about this, but I don't see everyone else getting on board that easily (especially Clark.)

Man, Cary and Kerry always seem to be getting put through some shit!

Interesting seeing the real Shadow King in the form of Navid Negahban.  Also looks like Lenny's still in there and wants out.  Hmm, I suspect that will be getting addressed more later on.

• Love 3

Poor Cary and Kerry. They've really been through a lot of crap, and its only episode two! How bizarre is it going to be, to be separated from each other? How are they going to feel now that they are literally missing a piece of them? 

Nice seeing the real Shadow King, and seeing his possible plan. I think David could become as powerful as he is, but SK has WAY more experience with his powers, while David is still struggling. I liked the set up with the field and the little Lucy from Charlie Brown stand. And the effect of the SK wiping the stand away, and unzipping the scene. 

I wish this show had some bizarre soundtrack I could buy. That would be amazing. 

I think the creepiest imagine of the episode was Carey in his lab, with the shadow of possessed Oliver in the background, singing his little song. So creepy. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Poor Cary and Kerry. They've really been through a lot of crap, and its only episode two! How bizarre is it going to be, to be separated from each other? How are they going to feel now that they are literally missing a piece of them? 

Nice seeing the real Shadow King, and seeing his possible plan. I think David could become as powerful as he is, but SK has WAY more experience with his powers, while David is still struggling. I liked the set up with the field and the little Lucy from Charlie Brown stand. And the effect of the SK wiping the stand away, and unzipping the scene. 

I wish this show had some bizarre soundtrack I could buy. That would be amazing. 

I think the creepiest imagine of the episode was Carey in his lab, with the shadow of possessed Oliver in the background, singing his little song. So creepy. 

I love the little details on this show like the way Kerry solved the problem of Cary being stuck was singing the theme song to the Banana Splits.

• Love 2

Well, enjoyed this episode way more than the first episode. 

Loved the reveal of Lenny... actually being Lenny.

I don't know what to make of the David/Farouk situation yet.  But we all know Farouk's going bad the minute he gets his body back, right?  Right?

Oddly fascinated by the Vermillion.

• Love 1

I'm thinking more and more that David is the actual "big bad" in the future -- at least in one timeline. (And only the Shadow King can rein him in, perhaps? So that's why they need the Shadow King in the future?)  Esp. after "future Syd" said that she liked seeing the past version of David because he was ... Can't remember the exact wording, but it conveyed something like "nice" or "sweet." 

• Love 6
On 4/12/2018 at 3:58 PM, AngelKitty said:

I noticed Future Syd is definitely missing an arm at the elbow. I remember there being some discussion of that last episode thread.

I was the one who was questioning it.  Yeah, I definitely saw it was missing this time.  I never could see it in the first episode.  Maybe I need to turn up the brightness on my TV, or it's zoom setting was cutting off the bottom of the screen, or maybe I'm just blind, I don't know.  It was suspicious that she never used her left arm, but I could not tell for sure from watching that first episode.

• Love 1

I've noticed that this season so far has been portraying David as confused, naive, and perhaps somewhat shady, but his actual mental illness(es) haven't been featured. I think that may play a part in whatever ominous destiny he has in the future.

Negahban is doing a good job as Amahl Farouk, but I'll miss Aubrey Plaza playing the Shadow King in surreal mindscapes. She was outstanding in that role; I think Actual Lenny is a step down for her.

David has twice fought the Shadow King to a draw since their separation despite being a novice. I think he's the more powerful of the two, or at least has a wider range of powers, though Farouk is far more skilled at telepathy and can multitask in ways he can't. I was surprised to see Farouk disintegrating and transforming people in that assault on Division 3; I'd thought his previous feats of that nature were using David's telekinetic and pyrokinetic abilities and Farouk's own powers were strictly mental in effect. I wish they'd shown his victims dead or comatose but physically intact afterwards, as if those scenes were happening in everyone's minds. (C'mon, a Division 3 soldier who now thinks he's a pig regardless of evidence to the contrary could be an interesting callback later.)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Negahban is doing a good job as Amahl Farouk, but I'll miss Aubrey Plaza playing the Shadow King in surreal mindscapes. She was outstanding in that role; I think Actual Lenny is a step down for her.

That's a good point, actually.  I think she said in this episode that up until now, she's been along for the ride (or it's been a fun ride or something like that), so it doesn't invalidate what she did last season.  But it could change how she portrays Lenny going forward.  Although I suppose it's possible she has known the nature of her character all along.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:46 AM, Frost said:

Melanie's magic smoke is confusing me.  What kind of effect is the Aladdin's Lamp having on her?

I totally want that elephant.

The effect it has for her is to temporarily forget her pain over Oliver.

I love the actor playing Ahmal Farouk, he seems very sinister and perfect for the role.

Edited by KaleyFirefly
On 4/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, Bruinsfan said:

I've noticed that this season so far has been portraying David as confused, naive, and perhaps somewhat shady, but his actual mental illness(es) haven't been featured. I think that may play a part in whatever ominous destiny he has in the future.

I'm thinking that David never actually had any mental illnesses in the first place, just a combination of having powers that can rewrite reality at his whim and an inability to control them plus Farouk constantly screwing with his head. Now that he knows how to control his abilities and Farouk is gone from his mind he's about as sane as a person can get while having the ability to rewrite reality.

Yes David, help the psycho who has been spending your life tearing your own mind to shreds for shits and giggles, there's NO way that that wouldn't backfire on everybody. I would be wondering why David buys that Future Sid is actually Sid or that even if she is that she's acting of her own free will but I know the answer: It's because David is a fictional character and like too many fictional characters he has to be an idiot in order for the plot to move forward. As though Farouk wouldn't destroy or subjugate the world just as well as whatever this new threat is supposed to be.

• Love 1

Yes David, help the psycho who has been spending your life tearing your own mind to shreds for shits and giggles, there's NO way that that wouldn't backfire on everybody. I would be wondering why David buys that Future Sid is actually Sid or that even if she is that she's acting of her own free will but I know the answer: It's because David is a fictional character and like too many fictional characters he has to be an idiot in order for the plot to move forward. As though Farouk wouldn't destroy or subjugate the world just as well as whatever this new threat is supposed to be.

Idiot is harsh and yet not unfair. 

There's a point where people need to start questioning David's confused, naïve and somewhat simple minded persona if only because David is a known world breaker.

My current problem with this show is that it's a lil obvious that David is going to do a heel turn, and Melanie outlined exactly what Syd and David should do. They should leave and not look back because they have no discernable reason to continue putting themselves out there.