Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Worth

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

He sounds really nice! But he also says people come up to him and give him the finger or yell at him because of Negan, haha! 

I'm sure he just laughs at it and says, "People are stupid" as he said once before. Oh, yes, they are!

I never saw or heard of him before TWD (yes, I DO live under a rock) but he does seem like just a really nice, easy-going guy who loves animals and doesn't think it's unmanly to cuddle them. What's not to like? I just hate Negan and not because he's a big meany villain, but because he's written as a boring, silly cartoon.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Some of you might never interested to know that Jeffrey Dean Morgan also hates how dark (appearance-wise) some of the episodes are. He’s also upset that Carl’s gone, but delighted that a baby donkey has imprinted on him (JDM, not Carl—and in real life, not TWD); JDM has a farm/animal sanctuary, where a rescued donkey recently gave birth) and follows him all around. I learned all of this from his Howard Stern interview. He’s always super-endearing on Howard.

I don’t have two fucks to give, I’m sure he’s nice and all that, but I don’t care.

hes surprised at how dark the storyline is?  He signed on knowing he would be a head bashing rapist.  He can take several damn seats. 

48 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

No, he means it literally - so dark we can't see a damned thing.

Lol, then I’m with him 

but im not.  He who smelt it dealt it.  He took the role of a piece of shit.  Just admit and collect your paycheck.  I’m not going to troll his twitter, but I’ll roll my eyes hard.  There is no way in hell he thought this role was in any shape or form anything but what it is.   And I hate donkeys.  All kinds.

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

No, he means it literally - so dark we can't see a damned thing.

It's deliberately dark to cover up the horrible direction and staging of most of the action scenes where nothing makes any kind of logical sense.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I don’t have two fucks to give, I’m sure he’s nice and all that, but I don’t care.

hes surprised at how dark the storyline is?  He signed on knowing he would be a head bashing rapist.  He can take several damn seats. 

but im not.  He who smelt it dealt it.  He took the role of a piece of shit.  Just admit and collect your paycheck.  I’m not going to troll his twitter, but I’ll roll my eyes hard.  There is no way in hell he thought this role was in any shape or form anything but what it is.   And I hate donkeys.  All kinds.

Well...OK? No one has to like him. That's why I said "some" and also "(appearance-wise)." What does he have to admit and where does it say that he thought the role was anything but what it is (he knows; he reads the books)? And I think donkeys are awesome. Are there a lot of kinds?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7

I don't hate JDM, and I'm not one of those fans who would be sending hate messages to actors even if I did because actor =/= character.  But I'm also not one who's seen a ton of his other work and now I have no absolutely no desire to, no matter what it is.  The last couple of weeks (I think?) AMC had been running commercials for another project of his and it was an automatic pass from me just because I've heard more than quite enough of his voice for a good long while.  That's the risk you take when you take a polarizing role like this.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

AMC had been running commercials for another project of his and it was an automatic pass from me just because I've heard more than quite enough of his voice for a good long while.

"Rampage"? Yeah, it's starring that noted thespian, Dwayne "The Rock"Johnson, which in itself assures me I never want to see it, not even for free. BTW, the Rock(head) muffed a stunt, landed on JDM and cracked his ribs. Oh, Dwayne, you buffoon. Whatever.

43 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

That's the risk you take when you take a polarizing role like this.

From what I've seen elsewhere, this role has made him enormously popular with various segments of the population - I'm thinking the set who thinks Negan is the most awesome character ever - namely teenaged boys, men with arrested development and fanfic "writers." What does he care? He's getting paid.

50 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

And I think donkeys are awesome.

I love donkeys. They're fuzzy. And cute. And quirky!

• Love 4

You must have paid more attention than I did to even know that it was Rampage.  My mind heard and saw Negan's actor and immediately went "nope" and stopped registering it beyond that.  I don't doubt that you're right that this role is working out well for the actor with certain fandoms and good for him if it is.  In the few moments the show has allowed him to actually convey anything resembling actual human emotion as opposed to being a live action cartoon, he's certainly seemed competent enough.  But right now I can't see him without mentally linking the character he plays to the ruination of a show I used to really enjoy.  That may not be entirely logical as we all know the show had its issues even before he showed up, but it is what it is.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

But right now I can't see him without mentally linking the character he plays to the ruination of a show I used to really enjoy.  That may not be entirely logical as we all know the show had its issues even before he showed up, but it is what it is.

I get it. It's like Yvonne Strahovski. Maybe she's a wonderful actress and person but I can't see her without mentally recoiling as she was a big part of the ruination of 'Dexter'. She's like JDM - neither of them are to blame that the showrunners have massive, creepy boners for them and insisted/insist on shoving them down our throats to an unbearable degree, be willing to totally subvert characters, render plots nonsensical, wreck a show and give the finger to fans to keep them in the spotlight. For the actors it's a job and a paycheck and they move on but both shows are forever sullied for me.

47 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

My mind heard and saw Negan's actor and immediately went "nope" and stopped registering it beyond that.

I saw that no-talent Rock and that was my "Nope!" moment. I may have even said it aloud.

• Love 1
On 2018-04-10 at 12:41 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Father Pee, absolve me. I can't resist this and I can picture our Fonz with a Kiwi accent:

That is The Best Thing I Have Ever Seen on this site! So awesome, I laughed thru it.

13 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It would be nice if more people cared about animals.  It is nice to see that he does care.

I have no problem with the actor, I like him.  I have a huge problem with the character he portrays.  It is an inconsistent writing problem, not an acting problem.

It is pretty sad that some people can't separate the character from the actor.  Really pathetic. 

He is lucky if that's all he gets. The actress that played Lori had death threats, as have reality "stars" on shows like Survivor and Big Brother. A whole whack of unbalanced people out there.

8 hours ago, Dobian said:

Please do something right, show, and kill Eugene and Gregory in the season finale.  Two of the most useless tv characters I have ever seen.

I think I would prefer them to substitute Gregory for Tara. at least Gregory makes me laugh periodically. Tara and Eugene can go any second.

2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I don't hate JDM, and I'm not one of those fans who would be sending hate messages to actors even if I did because actor =/= character.  But I'm also not one who's seen a ton of his other work and now I have no absolutely no desire to, no matter what it is.  The last couple of weeks (I think?) AMC had been running commercials for another project of his and it was an automatic pass from me just because I've heard more than quite enough of his voice for a good long while.  That's the risk you take when you take a polarizing role like this.

I am beginning to feel that way too, and it's such a shame. I was really looking forward to seeing him when he was cast for this role. Try waiting until the end of the summer and watch him as John Winchester in Supernatural (Sam & Dean's dad in the first few seasons), and as Denny in Grey's Anatomy - either the first or second seasons (the only ones I've watched). Great actor, and very charming.

57 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I get it. It's like Yvonne Strahovski. Maybe she's a wonderful actress and person but I can't see her without mentally recoiling as she was a big part of the ruination of 'Dexter'. She's like JDM - neither of them are to blame that the showrunners have massive, creepy boners for them and insisted/insist on shoving them down our throats to an unbearable degree, be willing to totally subvert characters, render plots nonsensical, wreck a show and give the finger to fans to keep them in the spotlight. For the actors it's a job and a paycheck and they move on but both shows are forever sullied for me.

I am happy that I missed that season of Dexter then, the last one I saw was the Trinity Killer and I don't think John Lithgow can be beat. It was a great season to have as a series finale - I think there were two that came after (?) and they sounded horrible. Yvonne is also a terrific actor and absolutely stunning looking, especially a few years ago. Watch her in Chuck - great comedy timing and she looks like she legitimately could have done the stunts herself (very athletic looking). She was also good in the last season of 24 with Kiefer and adds a heartbreaking depth to her villainous role on The Handmaid's Tale. I actually think her role was much more challenging than Elizabeth Moss - the protagonist we are naturally rooting for....

• Love 1
11 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

I am happy that I missed that season of Dexter then, the last one I saw was the Trinity Killer and I don't think John Lithgow can be beat. It was a great season to have as a series finale - I think there were two that came after (?) and they sounded horrible. Yvonne is also a terrific actor and absolutely stunning looking, especially a few years ago. Watch her in Chuck - great comedy timing and she looks like she legitimately could have done the stunts herself (very athletic looking). She was also good in the last season of 24 with Kiefer and adds a heartbreaking depth to her villainous role on The Handmaid's Tale. I actually think her role was much more challenging than Elizabeth Moss - the protagonist we are naturally rooting for....

Not to go too far off-topic, but yes, season 4 with the Trinity Killer was the peak for Dexter and from season 5 onward the show went downhill and gathered speed.  I will always like Yvonne best ironically from her role as Miranda in the Mass Effect video games.  But her character in Dexter was truly awful, just badly written and it turned this once sharp crime show into a lurid soap opera.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Not to go too far off-topic, but yes, season 4 with the Trinity Killer was the peak for Dexter and from season 5 onward the show went downhill and gathered speed.  I will always like Yvonne best ironically from her role as Miranda in the Mass Effect video games.  But her character in Dexter was truly awful, just badly written and it turned this once sharp crime show into a lurid soap opera.

(Slightly off topic here too, but I think in retrospect that Dexter didn't do a great job of writing female characters. Julie Benz also got a lot of flack for her unsympathetic character of Rita. She was very good as Darla on Buffy the Vampire Slayer though, so again, I think it's a case of the writing can overpower the acting chops of a cast.) I sincerely doubt though that Alanna Masterston (Tara) would be good in any television production. I KNOW that that many of the actors on this show are very good but the writing doesn't allow them to showcase it in any but the most rare occasions.

• Love 3

I just realized how much my feelings about this show have changed when I was asking myself who's death would I be upset by.  There's really no one.....maybe Carol and Esekiel and Jerry, of course.  but I'm not caring much about all the rest, including Rick and Daryl.  So the show can't even intrigue me anymore by the possible death of a main character.  Oddly, although never being a huge fan of Carl, I think that was a major turning point for me.  It's all just a bunch of despicable people....and to expect the audience to forget all the horrendous things they've all done and accept this redemption arc, is ridiculous.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Token said:

I still haven't watched this episode.  Based on all your comments here, I might just save that hour of my life and do something useful instead.

No need to watch. You know Simon is dead and that is the only thing of note that happened in this ep. Every other event resulted in a big fat zero. Nothing happened.

3 hours ago, Dobian said:

season 4 with the Trinity Killer was the peak for Dexter and from season 5 onward the show went downhill and gathered speed.

That's the popular take. I really liked 5 for a variety of reasons. 6? Buck must have been smoking crack.

14 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

(Yvonne Strahovski) adds a heartbreaking depth to her villainous role on The Handmaid's Tale.

I did watch that, and liked it very much. I agree she's good in that role.

1 hour ago, watch2much said:

It's all just a bunch of despicable people....and to expect the audience to forget all the horrendous things they've all done and accept this redemption arc, is ridiculous.

Audiences need someone to care about, someone to root for and want to make it. I can't imagine who that could be in this show now. That's part of what's killing it. There isn't even any story anymore. Yes, it's just a bunch of despicable people running around, repetitively blowing up shit and shooting at each other. Only the most extreme dumb and/or bizarre crap even stays in my head longer than an hour, like after watching his beloved child die by inches and finally shoot himself in the head, Rick's first thought is, "I"ve got to talk to Jadis." That was a whole new level of WTF?

• Love 5
17 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

You must have paid more attention than I did to even know that it was Rampage. 

Meant to say, while I was FF the endless ads, I saw JDM and thought the ep had resumed. Then I saw the Rock. This movie looks like a cinematic triumph (mighty eye roll). It's yet another cheap, shitty "King Kong" ripoff, with nothing but CGI and Dwayne giving his usual solid wood performance.

18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

From what I've seen elsewhere, this role has made him enormously popular with various segments of the population - I'm thinking the set who thinks Negan is the most awesome character ever - namely teenaged boys, men with arrested development and fanfic "writers."

I see this over and over, because of the constant annoying dick talk, but even teenaged boys are not about this show.  I have two.  They think this show is embarrassing garbage for normie moms to post about on Facebook, and they shame me for watching it.  lol  They think Negan is a total fool. 

• Love 5

It's deliberately dark to cover up the horrible direction and staging of most of the action scenes where nothing makes any kind of logical sense.

The thing is, I don't believe the show is savvy enough to try to cover their own incompetence that way. I just think a lot of it is too dark because the director doesn't know what he's doing and he's got the scene under-lit, and is maybe hindered by budgetary limitations. I've yet to hear anyone associated with this show admit to any wrong-doing - their hubris is legendary. So I find it hard to believe they actually know something is wrong let alone try to hide it. And to be perfectly fair, even superior shows like Game of Thrones frequently have scenes that are way too dark to make out. There almost seems to be an industry wide problem with this, perhaps a result of Hi Def technology not yet being quite perfected.

I don't hate JDM, and I'm not one of those fans who would be sending hate messages to actors even if I did because actor =/= character.  But I'm also not one who's seen a ton of his other work and now I have no absolutely no desire to, no matter what it is.  

I've been following his career for years, I've seen him in stuff going back to the 1990s. He's a very well-known TV actor. And that is one of the many problems I've had with him - he's too well known. I had never seen most of the cast of TWD in anything else prior to this show, except maybe Norman Reedus, so to me all the characters felt genuine. JDM feels like a stunt-cast and it takes me right out of the show. It's like if Betty White suddenly showed up as a guest star - it pulls you right out of the action. 

Please do something right, show, and kill Eugene and Gregory in the season finale.  Two of the most useless tv characters I have ever seen.

Negan is the one they have to kill. I simply will not tolerate one more season of Rick vs. Negan - they either end Negan this season or I'm done with the show.

• Love 4

We've had two seasons of this Negan BS.  I was tired of it after one episode, so two seasons is just ridiculous.  Especially considering how many opportunities these trigger happy morons have had to kill him.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The thing is, I don't believe the show is savvy enough to try to cover their own incompetence that way.

I think they're very proud of what they've done, especially when on TTD (no, I've never watched it and am going by what I read here) there's a major back-patting with some twerp telling people "Everyone loves Jadis." I have to question the mentality of anyone who feels what has been done here is worthy of congratulations.

4 hours ago, peach said:

I see this over and over, because of the constant annoying dick talk, but even teenaged boys are not about this show.  I have two.  They think this show is embarrassing garbage for normie moms to post about on Facebook, and they shame me for watching it.  lol  They think Negan is a total fool. 

Glad to hear that.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Token said:

We've had two seasons of this Negan BS.  I was tired of it after one episode, so two seasons is just ridiculous.  Especially considering how many opportunities these trigger happy morons have had to kill him.

Holy hell, I like the show and the Negan arc, more or less, and even I just thought "it's only been two seasons?!"

• Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 9:55 AM, Dobian said:

I'm also hoping that Walker Eric shows up in those dank damp woods and rips out Aaron's throat.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm also hoping that Walker Eric shows up in those dank damp woods and rips out Aaron's throat.  

Me too, and that's sad. I started by finding him, a grown man screwing his face up like a baby over a spoonful of applesauce, highly annoying, but he redeemed himself. For quite awhile he was the only character I found likable. No monolgues, no empty threats, no heroics, just did his part and I felt bad when he was constantly being knocked around and beaten up for no reason. Now, with his heart-rending little exchange with Enid and his dumbass antics in the woods, yeah, take him out too..

• Love 2

I like him too but I do remember thinking that, for a reasonably intelligent character, he was a damn fool for thinking Rick would feed his baby some homemade stuff from a total stranger!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
On 4/9/2018 at 1:57 PM, icemiser69 said:

At this point the only character I care about is Dwight.

Same

On 4/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, AngelaHunter said:
On 4/9/2018 at 9:11 AM, nodorothyparker said:

I've defended Eugene and some of his choices in the past

I have too. When Rosita was lambasting him about betraying his friends, I thought "What friends?" Everyone either ignored him or treated him with contempt, especially Rosita. He had nothing in Alexandria. Maybe he didn't contribute, but at least he didn't sit on his butt like Morgan, preaching and condemning everyone else's methods of dealing with threats, while sucking up resources, yet everyone LOOOVES Morgan. So Eugene ended up in a place where, probably for the first time in his life, people listen to him and follow his orders. Nice bedroom, video games and plenty of food and even wine - hey, I'd sell out for the wine alone. I get it. Of course his new status is going to his head. Power corrupts.

Great analysis of Eugene.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:28 PM, Ohwell said:

And how does Morgan manage to keep such a nice, close haircut?  Is there a barber around?

I wonder the same about Carol and her cute 'do.

On 4/9/2018 at 3:55 PM, icemiser69 said:
On 4/9/2018 at 3:07 PM, Ohwell said:

I'd also like for Jerry to get the fuck out but, unfortunately, he's too hung up on Ezekiel and the Your Majesty shit.

I totally forgot about him.  Yeah, I like him too.  It is too bad that he doesn't have more of a speaking role.

Nah, that could only make him unlikable :)

• Love 1
On 4/12/2018 at 2:37 PM, iMonrey said:

I don't hate JDM, and I'm not one of those fans who would be sending hate messages to actors even if I did because actor =/= character.  But I'm also not one who's seen a ton of his other work and now I have no absolutely no desire to, no matter what it is.  

I've been following his career for years, I've seen him in stuff going back to the 1990s. He's a very well-known TV actor. And that is one of the many problems I've had with him - he's too well known.

I had no idea JDM was well known, I never heard of him before TWD.