Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Worth

• Start Topic

It is taking everything in me to stick with this show.   I am trying to hang in there with it because I have already invested this much time and this many years of my life, and I feel I have to see it through to the final scene.

But... how much longer can this mess go on?

I'm just bored with the whole thing now.  I don't care who lives or dies.  I don't care if I forget that the episode is on and I pick up on it 30 minutes in.  I don't care if I have to miss the show on Sunday night and watch it later during the week -- if I remember.   

I used to like the suspense;  the shock of a major character unexpectedly dying;   the feeling that terror and doom could infiltrate the group at any moment;  and the feeling that any new people who entered the picture were potential psychopaths.... but most of the really good scenes with those elements were part of the earlier seasons.    The writers probably think that, to keep the show interesting, they have to continue upping the gore/shock/gross-out element and making things more disgusting than ever.  I guess, for some viewers, the gross stuff might be the best part, but not for me. 

It's to the point now where I keep hoping that we hear that the show will finally end after the next season (the one about to start production).  I think it needs to be put out of its misery.  I don't know how much more of Negan's yammering I can stand, or how many more scenes of "Oh no!  Is Negan going to kill him/her?" tomfoolery I can endure.

The only Negan-related thing I would be interested in seeing at this point is a full episode of his back story, with his wife and his teaching days.  Or, it might be fun to see him suddenly join the group and take up gardening or maybe host a couple of game nights.   But the Negan we are constantly subjected to is just tedious and one-note, and yet no one else on the cast is all that interesting anymore, either!

I like Morgan -- I have always liked Morgan, even when everyone else was jumping ship -- and I would love to see Morgan, Strand and Daniel get rid of Madison and her stupid family to completely take over Fear the Walking Dead.   Sadly, though, Madison and her annoying kids will probably outlast all 3 of them. 

• Love 16
(edited)

How many times now has someone been alone with Negan and not just snuffed him out. Period. So ridiculously prolonged! And this latest bit of trying to introduce some last minute bits of humanity in Negan so we can have a kumbaya moment in which PEACE PREVAILS! is just terrible, stupid, awful writing. There are some situations in which peace cannot be forged and a dictator needs to be eliminated. 

My biggest wish for the show right now? that next week was a series finale instead of a season finale. I want this all to be over. I want to delete the show from my DVR for next season yet somehow I know I'll find myself still watching. This is like the limping last two seasons of Dexter. Holding on to a show you once cherished. Show, why can't i quit you?

ETA to say I just noticed I basically repeated what TV Fan 17 said. Seems many of us are in the same frame of mind

Edited by BonnieD
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I like Morgan -- I have always liked Morgan, even when everyone else was jumping ship -- and I would love to see Morgan, Strand and Daniel get rid of Madison and her stupid family to completely take over Fear the Walking Dead.   Sadly, though, Madison and her annoying kids will probably outlast all 3 of them. 

I'd love to see Morgan and crew take over the show.  At least get rid of Madison, if not the whole family.

• Love 10

THIS!!!!

46 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

But I'm sure the show thinks I was rooting for Negan, because the show loves Negan and thinks I do too. That's kind of been the whole problem with the show for the past two seasons - its stubborn belief that the audience can't get enough of Negan.

AND THIS!!!

47 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I don't know how much more of the Saviors I can stomach, frankly, and a whole hour and fifteen minutes of them was too much. 

Soooooooooooooooo much!!!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Any time someone begins a fistfight with a sucker punch, it's a clear sign that that person is going to lose the fight. It's scripting shorthand for "this is our bad guy, he doesn't fight fair, he will ultimately lose because he does not respect the code of honor in fist fighting." The problem is . . . who are we supposed to be rooting for here? I was rooting for Simon, because I'm sick to death of Negan. But I'm sure the show thinks I was rooting for Negan, because the show loves Negan and thinks I do too. That's kind of been the whole problem with the show for the past two seasons - its stubborn belief that the audience can't get enough of Negan.

It's also why they kept using Carl to reiterate this "let's get along and make peace" nonsense. The show seems to think it's possible to rehabilitate Negan, like we'll just get past what he did to Glenn and Abraham because, gosh darn it, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is just so wonderful. That's supposed to be enough for us and a reason to keep him around indefinitely. It honestly makes no sense for anyone to say "let's try to talk reason with this monster" but clearly, the show is trying to lay the groundwork for Negan to stick around forever.

My guess, if there's any logical reason, is because Simon is in some ways worse than Negan. Dwight is trying to save the Hilltop people, and Simon wanted to annihilate them. Dwight is better off getting rid of Simon then letting Hilltop take care of Negan.

Ultimately, I suspect that Eugene is going to sabotage the bullets. I cannot think of any other reason why they would have bothered to write this whole scenario where he is captured and then escapes unless it accomplished something. Maybe Rosita's words about his being responsible for all the deaths finally got to him.

If that's not the case, then this whole episode was an even bigger waste of time than I thought. I don't know how much more of the Saviors I can stomach, frankly, and a whole hour and fifteen minutes of them was too much. 

They better end this war when they end this season, or they're going to end my viewership of this show. 

I agree with all this.

didnt Eugene, who laid poor father pee off put him back on the job?  Didn’t he help father pee escape once?  I’m thinking he was more pissed at himself and the situation he got comfortable in than at Daryl and Rose. 

Yes, Simon wanted to kill them all and let god sort out the rest.  Dwight chose the most palatable poop sandwich, though I’d rather die by Simons hand than be enslaved by Negans. 

• Love 2

I'm rooting for Dwight to survive somehow too, mostly in hopes of seeing him pull a fuck y'all I'm outta here on both sides.  In addition to their regular assholery, the members of Go Team Negan can't seem to stop reminding him how thoroughly Negan dicked him over by ironing his face and helped himself to his wife while the Go Team Rick faction audibly argues about killing him within earshot, regularly pulls guns on him, and can't stick to a plan or see it through to save their lives even when he gives them detailed coordinates.  At some point you know he has to be thinking there are still other parts of the country where he still might be able to find beer and pretzels.

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Ultimately, I suspect that Eugene is going to sabotage the bullets. I cannot think of any other reason why they would have bothered to write this whole scenario where he is captured and then escapes unless it accomplished something. Maybe Rosita's words about his being responsible for all the deaths finally got to him.

If that's not the case, then this whole episode was an even bigger waste of time than I thought. I don't know how much more of the Saviors I can stomach, frankly, and a whole hour and fifteen minutes of them was too much. 

I thought this too -- in a moment when I paid actual attention last night, I thought Eugene was being a little too obviously RAH RAH RAH SAVIORS LET'S KILL THESE HILLTOP PEOPLE when he returned to the bullet factory. Maybe. Like so many other storylines, I feel like I've lost the thread/the desire to care about whether Eugene has had some kind of longterm con percolating (he has, after all, helped Sasha, Gabriel and others at times).  This is the kind of thing that used to get discussed and debated a lot in previous seasons -- before Negan (and his vocabulary and the endless dark shooting scenes) overran this show.

I, like others, feel more invested in Dwight than many of the other characters right now -- probably just because he isn't constantly yammering and chewing scenery, and we're not in an endless plot loop (i.e. crazy/not crazy/crazy Morgan) with him like we are with some of the older characters. The bar isn't too high!

I'm just wondering if Jesus will ever have speaking lines again. And whether Ezekial and Carol ever become a thing. (Maggie and the baby -- that seems like it could take 4 more seasons. Have given up on Daryl and the haircut, bath or ability to hold conversations.)

Edited by EllenC
  • Love 11

How many times now has someone been alone with Negan and not just snuffed him out. Period. So ridiculously prolonged!

Too many to count. I completely forgot about the time Rosita shot him and he miraculously deflected the bullet with his stupid bat until Eugene reminded me of it this episode. He simply cannot be killed, that much is clear, and yet we are incessantly bombarded with scenes where people have ample opportunity to do so and fail every time. Even if the show thinks this is suspenseful how many more times do they think they can pull this?

I, like others, feel more invested in Dwight than many of the other characters right now -- probably just because he isn't constantly yammering and chewing scenery, and we're not in an endless plot loop (i.e. crazy/not crazy/crazy Morgan) with him like we are with some of the older characters.

He's also one of the few characters getting any meaningful screen time on a consistent basis. 

• Love 7

I feel like even if anything remotely exciting like the good ol' days had happened in this episode, it still wouldn't revive the limp dead heart that TWD has become. It's like if a boyfriend who used to be great, then became a shitty boyfriend, surprised you with some big grand gesture that might normally have impressed you, except you're totally over it and know you're going to dump him anyway.

My thoughts during the puking scene: "did Rosita's boobs get bigger/did she find a push-up bra somewhere?". Also I doubt Eugene could have buried himself that quickly and "cleanly". 

At this point, I would love to bash Negan's head in, for real. Okay, I'd probably opt for a plastic Lucille replica because I'm not a murderer, but it'd feel satisfying just to bop away at him like a gopher. I just saw some preview for some shitty movie with giant animals and JDM is apparently in it, which makes me not want to see that movie whatsoever, beyond the fact that it looks shitty anyway.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm another one rooting for Dwight and I hope he can find Sherry and they can get the fuck outta there.  Maybe follow Morgan and hightail it over to FTWD.

I'd also like for Jerry to get the fuck out but, unfortunately, he's too hung up on Ezekiel and the Your Majesty shit.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 5
(edited)
53 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Eugene already pointed out that the primers were raised on the bullets that Gabriel had made.  If Eugene really wanted to sabotage the ammo, he would have let that slide by without saying a word.  I just don't think Eugene can grow a backbone out of nowhere.  He has to know that if the bullets aren't "right", Nagen will make him pay for it with his life.

ETA:  If Eugene cared at all about team Rick, he would have told Rosita and Daryl that Gabriel was captured and in the building making bullets.

If we assumed the writers were writing a show where the characters' actions more or less make sense, I would also eliminate the possibility of Eugene sabotaging the ammunition.  But, so much of the writing is absurd, that I think it is a real possibility.  

I have to think the whole scene with Eugene catching Gabriel with the protruding primers was meant to foreshadow how Eugene will redeem himself, but who knows?  There would seem to be no other reason for the scene, but I don't expect the writing to make sense anymore.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, spiderpig said:

I'm going to comment and then duck.

I kinda  sorta enjoyed this episode.  Something actually happened.

Simon getting offed followed by Steven Ogg obviously enjoying himself being thrashed to a fence and growling and spewing.

Eugene doing his schtick and the CDB hall monitors letting him escape.

Aaron.  I'm fond of the actor Ross Marquand.  If you've seen him on TTD he's hilarious and an excellent impressionist.

I like Xander Berkeley in anything and enjoy every excuse to bring his sleazy self back.

And what's in store for Dwight?

Much better than last week's suckfest.

I'm with you here. Don't get me wrong -- it was still a steaming pile of shit, and my dick is not hard thinking about it, thank you very much, Negan -- but at least some things happened. So that's cool, I guess. Although, they totally telegraphed Negan's reveal on Dwight. The second he showed that map with the circles on it, it was obvious the plan was fake and a trap.

Marquand is awesome. Aaron, not so much.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I've defended Eugene and some of his choices in the past

I have too. When Rosita was lambasting him about betraying his friends, I thought "What friends?" Everyone either ignored him or treated him with contempt, especially Rosita. He had nothing in Alexandria. Maybe he didn't contribute, but at least he didn't sit on his butt like Morgan, preaching and condemning everyone else's methods of dealing with threats, while sucking up resources, yet everyone LOOOVES Morgan. So Eugene ended up in a place where, probably for the first time in his life, people listen to him and follow his orders. Nice bedroom, video games and plenty of food and even wine - hey, I'd sell out for the wine alone. I get it. Of course his new status is going to his head. Power corrupts.

14 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

What was Aaron's problem? I can't remember what would cause him to be in such bad condition

IMO, he's dehydrated (one of the Ocean women told him he better find water) and probably starving since he's been out there blundering around in circles in the woods all this time. He was one of the few people left I actually liked. Now he too is a moron, doing dumb stuff and monologuing.

As for how Daryl's tracking abilities suck - he can't seem to do much these days, although I give credit for him shooting Morales in the head and making him STFU. We know he can't see anything with the sheepdog look, and he can't seem to hear so well either. It wasn't that long ago that twerpy little Dwight got the drop on him twice, and stole all his shit.

Daryl's view when he's trying to track:

daryl46570.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

When Rosita was lambasting him about betraying his friends, I thought "What friends?" Everyone either ignored him or treated him with contempt, especially Rosita. He had nothing in Alexandria. Maybe he didn't contribute, but at least he didn't sit on his butt like Morgan, preaching and condemning everyone else's methods of dealing with threats, while sucking up resources, yet everyone LOOOVES Morgan. So Eugene ended up in a place where, probably for the first time in his life, people listen to him and follow his orders. Nice bedroom, video games and plenty of food and even wine - hey, I'd sell out for the wine alone. I get it. Of course his new status is going to his head. Power corrupts.

Yep.  When Rosita was sneering about his pathetic worthless life, Eugene should have snapped back that his worthless life is only there in the first place because she bullied him into making her a bullet when he wanted no part of it and then promptly wasted it in joining the "I too failed to kill Negan when he was right in front of me" club.  Though these people have never stood up for him or made any effort to rescue him beyond the half-assed Sasha/Rosita suicide mission that they also failed at, Eugene owned up to making that bullet to try to prevent anyone else from dying.   Like a lot of people, I'm not thrilled about some of the ways he's been embracing his new role when I would have expected him to be watching and hedging his bets, but I mostly get where he's coming from when Rick and the gang have been such a comparatively disorganized mess of blown chances.

• Love 15

What bothers me most about the Negan redemption arc (and we are getting one) is that it could have been set up to be believable. Have him strong arm groups into giving him most of what they produce, take their weapons, etc. But also, have no harem, no face ironing, no throwing people into furnaces, have the Saviors actually protect their groups from zombies and other groups. Then have Rick more or less tricked into wiping out an outpost or two. Negan's reaction could be just to kill one or two of Rick's people in retaliation, not unreasonable, then have the violence escalate on both sides and then have a war and redemption. Oh, and most importantly, no monologues.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Gobi said:

What bothers me most about the Negan redemption arc (and we are getting one) is that it could have been set up to be believable. Have him strong arm groups into giving him most of what they produce, take their weapons, etc. But also, have no harem, no face ironing, no throwing people into furnaces, have the Saviors actually protect their groups from zombies and other groups. Then have Rick more or less tricked into wiping out an outpost or two. Negan's reaction could be just to kill one or two of Rick's people in retaliation, not unreasonable, then have the violence escalate on both sides and then have a war and redemption. Oh, and most importantly, no monologues.

What about his dick? Can he still talk about his dick?

26 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

IMO, he's dehydrated (one of the Ocean women told him he better find water) and probably starving since he's been out there blundering around in circles in the woods all this time. He was one of the few people left I actually liked. Now he too is a moron, doing dumb stuff and monologuing.

Sure, but in "show time", it's been -- what -- 12 minutes? Did you see Maggie's ass? She's like 2 weeks pregnant at best.

• Love 10

Correct me if I'm wrong about this sequence because I was watching with one eye and very little interest - but I am right that when Negan came out to confront Simon and his thugs, he made some kind of hand gesture and suddenly all the thugs were very neatly shot to death in an instant? Like, they went down like a row of dominoes? If that's actually what happened, it makes it all the more laughable what horrible shots these people are when they're actually fighting THE OTHER SIDE.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I really wish this is the storyline we had gotten after the attack on the outpost.  Less Negan as a complete cartoon villain and less dick dick dick talk and this could have been the "who's the real bad guy" story they've been trying to convince us it is as Rick's gotten progressively darker and more unhinged.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yeah, I heard that throw away line about getting water. HOWEVER, these folks have been going back and forth between Oceanside, Hilltop, Sanctuary, Alexandria, the Garbage Dump etc. like nobody's business for a couple of seasons. Now all the sudden the fool is dehydrated in this shaded forest? 

• Love 6
Just now, Iguessnot said:

Yeah, I heard that throw away line about getting water. HOWEVER, these folks have been going back and forth between Oceanside, Hilltop, Sanctuary, Alexandria, the Garbage Dump etc. like nobody's business for a couple of seasons. Now all the sudden the fool is dehydrated in this shaded forest? 

And how long was he there? Couldn't have been more than a day or two. Didn't he bring any water with him?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Now all the sudden the fool is dehydrated in this shaded forest? 

I didn't say it made any sense, because nothing about his woodsy sojourn made any sense. "I will set forth into the forest with no food, no water, no supplies of any kind and will find and get refuge with strangers who will instantly believe my rambling tale and come with me."

• Love 4

And wasn’t Aaron Alexandria’s scout?  Why was he blubbering in the woods?

Makes no damn sense.  Gregory and Eugene made it back easily it seems.  Now Aaron is more useless at basic survival skills than fucking Eugene?  

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Makes no damn sense.  Gregory and Eugene made it back easily it seems.  Now Aaron is more useless at basic survival skills than fucking Eugene?  

I'm not sure Eugene and company made it that far from Sanctuary, however, Leisure Suit Gregory made the full trip to Hilltop looking dapper as ever.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Iguessnot said:

I'm not sure Eugene and company made it that far from Sanctuary, however, Leisure Suit Gregory made the full trip to Hilltop looking dapper as ever.

But Eugene runs with his arms tight to his sides and would likely be beset by walkers on the way.  Gregory is a sniveler, but he looks good at sneaking and slinking.

I did laugh at Eugene, he looked like a chubby, pissed off Billy Ray Cyrus crossed with Sesame Street Grover.  But his cowardly, ungainly ass would have been been brought down pretty much immediately.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Just throwing a thought out there. Rosita has amazing eyebrows. Like, she has better eyebrow shape during the ZA than I do right now with an eyebrow place right down the dang street. 

OMG -- I was just coming here to post that! I couldn't take my eyes off her beautiful brows. They all should have bushy brows, split ends and worse. And what about the Savior with the shaved sides haircut. They have a salon at the Sanctuary? Seriously. Everyone really should be walking around as unwashed and shaggy as Daryl.

• Love 6

And Eugene was able to sufficiently bury himself in ashes while his wrists were tied together with a plastic tie (not to mention that he "ran" fast enough to get so far ahead of Rosita and Darryl that he could create fake steps running away from the ashes and still have time to bury himself).  Riiiiight.

• Love 15

I see that Simon adopted the creaky tilt *squeeeaaaakkkk* while he was speechifying before the sucker punch.  I guess that's part of leadership of the saviors.

"And the Lord sayeth to thee, 'Lo! If though wish to lead this group of heathen mongrels, thou must have a cant amongst thy walk as if thou hadst a bad joint in thy hip that needeth oiling."

Anyway, I don't get the point of Negan not just killing Simon at the table ala "The Untouchables."  Did he "forgive" him simply to entrap Dwight?

• Love 3

I'm still not watching, and apparently I'm not missing much.  So far, Simon is the only one that is dead?  Negan, Dwight, Gregory and Eugene are still alive?

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The problem is . . . who are we supposed to be rooting for here?

I'm rooting for Ghost Carl, Ghost Glenn, and Ghost Shiva to show up and kill Negan.

I like Carol and Michonne, but they are on Rick's team which means they will continue to go along with his idiot plans, and if they go against him, even if they were completely right about everything, they would still end up being wrong because they disagreed with Rick.  {face palm}

• Love 5

Oh Eugene has chosen his side.....the moment Rosita railed him and threatened him just confirmed to him what it is.  He is a selfish coward.

He’s not gonna help out “the good guys” - he’s about taking care of Eugene and only Eugene.  

Rosita and Daryl should forever hang their heads in shame over losing him....that’s just  embarrassing. 

FPP should be given the honor of “off-ing” Eugene but that’s the old Walking Dead....in this version they’ll probably end up roomies back at Hilltop! 

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, A-Lo said:

What I'm realizing as I'm reading all your comments today is that I must have fallen asleep and missed the last 15 or so minutes.  Would that have happened 6 years ago?  Hell no!  I'd have been so on the edge of my seat that I'd not be able to sleep for a while afterwards.  So sad, show.  So sad.

Fortunately I have found several recaps online so I don't have to revisit last night's episode.  Win-win!

• Love 1

It was so boring and disappointing as usual. 

I dislike when people say they wish a show would end just because they don't like it but that's where I'm at with TWD and have been since Glenn was killed, Carl dying was the last nail in the coffin. I keep watching purely because of AL, I've loved him since Teachers and he plays Rick so well. So either he needs to quit or the show needs to end so I can leave this dysfunctional relationship. I have a hard time not seeing a series through - I grit my teeth through the latter seasons of Dexter and Lost - but without a doubt TWD's decline has been the saddest one of all. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

OMG -- I was just coming here to post that! I couldn't take my eyes off her beautiful brows. They all should have bushy brows, split ends and worse. And what about the Savior with the shaved sides haircut. They have a salon at the Sanctuary? Seriously. Everyone really should be walking around as unwashed and shaggy as Daryl.

And how does Morgan manage to keep such a nice, close haircut?  Is there a barber around?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Haha, I understand mocking Negan but what's wrong with a classic biker jacket?

Nothing wrong with those jackets. The problem is HIS jacket. Is that another memento of Lucille, because is looks like it was hers and she must have been size Small.

13 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Let's feel sorry for Aaron.  He was out there in the woods dehydrated until the rains came. 

Laughing my head off here. Sounds like a documentary about the end of a drought in the Serengeti. But no, he's not acting IMO. Anyone dumb enough to go charging into the woods empty handed and get lost would likely end up in his condition, and yes, he is that dumb.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Well...he was the scout that couldn't find the Wolves, the Hilltop, the Kingdom, Oceanside, or the Saviors.  Or the herd in a quarry down the road.

• Love 14

The better Negan didn't win. 

I am having trouble following Dwight's thought process. So, he wants Negan dead? There's an armed group of gentlemen here in a reasonably good position to make that happen. But he sells them out because... No, really, WHY? Rick and his merry gang are NOT his friends. The fuck he cares if they have a better fighting chance against Simon or Negan. And OF COURSE goddamned Laura just arrived from her half-season long (did she crawled back to Sanctuary? Stopped here and there to chit-chat with Aaron?) time-out to bite him in the ass. Still, I hope he makes it! I am running out of actors I actually enjoy watching here!

Eugene, my spineless man, you can't keep blaming people for the shit you do and then act all surprised and offended when they lash out at you! I am actually surprised by Rosita's restraint.

Did we really just spent fifteen minutes on Aaron harassing the poor Oceanside folks and wrestling walkers in the mud? And you people complain about Tara.

• Love 4

Dwight was facing a form of the Prisoner's Dilemma. If Simon is actually being used by Negan to test Dwight, and Dwight backs Simon, he's dead. If Simon is genuine, but someone else betrays him to Negan, Dwight is dead. If he betrays Simon, he's safe in the first two possibilities. If Simon is genuine, but loses to Negan, Dwight is dead. If Simon is genuine, and kills Negan, Dwight's betrayal could go unnoticed, and he survives. His best chance of survival, therefore, is in betraying Simon to Negan.

Edited by Gobi
Spelling
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, EllenC said:

I thought this too -- in a moment when I paid actual attention last night, I thought Eugene was being a little too obviously RAH RAH RAH SAVIORS LET'S KILL THESE HILLTOP PEOPLE when he returned to the bullet factory. Maybe. Like so many other storylines, I feel like I've lost the thread/the desire to care about whether Eugene has had some kind of longterm con percolating (he has, after all, helped Sasha, Gabriel and others at times).  This is the kind of thing that used to get discussed and debated a lot in previous seasons -- before Negan (and his vocabulary and the endless dark shooting scenes) overran this show.

I, like others, feel more invested in Dwight than many of the other characters right now -- probably just because he isn't constantly yammering and chewing scenery, and we're not in an endless plot loop (i.e. crazy/not crazy/crazy Morgan) with him like we are with some of the older characters. The bar isn't too high!

I'm just wondering if Jesus will ever have speaking lines again. And whether Ezekial and Carol ever become a thing. (Maggie and the baby -- that seems like it could take 4 more seasons. Have given up on Daryl and the haircut, bath or ability to hold conversations.)

I know it's weird to quote myself, but I had this rattling around in my brain last night while The Terror was on in the background of whatever I was doing. I didn't mean to imply that whatever Eugene does with the bullets necessarily makes total sense, they just seemed to be telegraphing that pretty hard as others have mentioned -- it also just seems like we've been stuck in a loop of Traitor & Coward/Not Traitor & Coward Eugene, Crazy/Not Crazy Morgan, Too Hardened/Not Too Hardened Carol, Competent/Not Competent Daryl, Leader/Not Leader Rick, Pacifist/Not Pacifist Carl, Faithful/Not Faithful Gabriel ... etc. At least that's how simplistic it kind of feels, given the almost complete lack of plot/plot movement the past couple of seasons and how little time each character actually gets onscreen.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, neptunewaves said:

So, he wants Negan dead? There's an armed group of gentlemen here in a reasonably good position to make that happen. But he sells them out because... No, really, WHY?

That was my thought exactly. So much double-crossing and counter-double crossing going on I lost track. Negan could have just smashed Simon at the executive meeting, instead of taking a chance and letting him organize his gang in the yard and giving them the opportunity to take him out. The non-sensical is off the charts. Someone said how amazing it is that the Saviors, who couldn't hit the ground if they jumped out a plane before are all now crack shots. Quite true.

6 hours ago, neptunewaves said:

Did we really just spent fifteen minutes on Aaron harassing the poor Oceanside folks and wrestling walkers in the mud?

Yes, we did. He wasn't making very good time. He was lying there when the women were going somewhere and was still there when they returned. I bet Enid is glad she didn't go on this mission with him. Walker Mud Wrestling! New way to spend boring afternoons.

• Love 4

I have to think the whole scene with Eugene catching Gabriel with the protruding primers was meant to foreshadow how Eugene will redeem himself, but who knows?  There would seem to be no other reason for the scene, but I don't expect the writing to make sense anymore.  

There is also no other reason for Eugene to get captured by Rosita and Darryl and then just escape again and wind up back at Square One. What was the point of even writing that if it doesn't lead to some kind of self-awareness on Eugene's part? (Mind you: in no way am I suggesting the writing on this show makes sense. It's entirely possible there was no point whatever to this entire episode. I'm just spit-balling - maybe there's a reason we wasted all that time on him.)

When Rosita was lambasting him about betraying his friends, I thought "What friends?" Everyone either ignored him or treated him with contempt, especially Rosita. He had nothing in Alexandria.

Rick's crew might not have had much use for him (rightfully so) but Rosita and Abraham were the ones chauffeuring him around the ZA to Washington DC because he pretended he knew how to cure the plague. He owes them his life. 

Negan's reaction could be just to kill one or two of Rick's people in retaliation, not unreasonable, then have the violence escalate on both sides and then have a war and redemption. Oh, and most importantly, no monologues.

The glee Negan expressed in bashing Glenn's head it precludes any redemption on his part. He laughed about it. Made a big production of how "gross!" it was with a big, shit-eating grin on his face. That's not someone you later go back to and say "Gee, let's just reason with this person and make peace and stop the killing!" You don't reason with the Xenomorph, or Freddy Kreuger, or Jason, or the Wicked Witch of the West. These are monsters that literally get their rocks off killing people - and that's beyond redemption.

Just throwing a thought out there. Rosita has amazing eyebrows. 

Oy - Christian Serratos was on Talking Dead. Those eyebrows are clearly painted on.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Ohwell said:

And how does Morgan manage to keep such a nice, close haircut?  Is there a barber around?

The cheese maker taught him how to trim his hair with his stick.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 8

Some of you might never interested to know that Jeffrey Dean Morgan also hates how dark (appearance-wise) some of the episodes are. He’s also upset that Carl’s gone, but delighted that a baby donkey has imprinted on him (JDM, not Carl—and in real life, not TWD); JDM has a farm/animal sanctuary, where a rescued donkey recently gave birth) and follows him all around. I learned all of this from his Howard Stern interview. He’s always super-endearing on Howard.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Some of you might never interested to know that Jeffrey Dean Morgan also hates how dark (appearance-wise) some of the episodes are. He’s also upset that Carl’s gone, but delighted that a baby donkey has imprinted on him (JDM, not Carl—and in real life, not TWD); JDM has a farm/animal sanctuary and a rescued donkey recently gave birth) and follows him all around. I learned all of this from his Howard Stern interview. He’s always super-endearing on Howard.

I know JDM gets on a lot of posters' last nerves but he is just so pretty. Nice to hear he is an animal advocate.

• Love 7