Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Crazy Snakes and a Clog to the Head

paulvdb

Now this is the kind of episode I really enjoy.  It dealt perfectly with all the main groups pathos.   I really didn’t like like the  last couple of episodes.  Never liked Christy and her new guy and didn’t care about Adam and the dog stuff. 

This episode was perfect on the way it dealt with Bonnie’s past and that she was never a good person and is only really starting to even attempt to be a better one.  And yeah Christy could probably make a living putting right her mothers mistakes.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

I always enjoy seeing Kristen Johnston in guest roles. I wonder if she'll be recurring if Bonnie follows through with a lawyer for her. I wouldn't mind seeing her added to the cast. 

• Love 7

I always enjoy seeing Kristen Johnston in guest roles

I kept looking at her thinking "who IS that?" Thanks for answering the question!

I totally loved 3rd Rock

So does that mean we get John Lithgow or Joseph Gordon Levitt at some point? Jane Curtin (she would be awesome, how about as Marjorie's rival?) or Wayne Knight? 

• Love 2

I'm always happy to see Kristen Johnston, too.

I love how many roles this show has given to really talented actresses over 40 who aren't particularly glamorous. (Kristen Johnston, Octavia Spencer, Linda Lavin, etc.)

• Love 4

Add me to the Kristen Johnston love.  I hope we see her again when she is less angry.

Bonnie is a horrible person, but she had a desperate childhood that would have crushed many people.  I can not even imagine growing up the way she did.

If I had a complaint about the show, it would be that Bonnie and Christy look way too good to have lived the hard lives they did. Heck, Christy could probably pass for a teenager at 40 if she really wanted.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, qtpye said:

If I had a complaint about the show, it would be that Bonnie and Christy look way too good to have lived the hard lives they did. Heck, Christy could probably pass for a teenager at 40 if she really wanted.

I thought Christy looked the same age or even younger than her college boyfriend.

I like this episode too. It's just about the women with no boring boyfriend drama.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I thought Christy looked the same age or even younger than her college boyfriend.

I like this episode too. It's just about the women with no boring boyfriend drama.

When she was shopping with her daughter in that one episode I thought they looked like sisters.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I always enjoy seeing Kristen Johnston in guest roles. I wonder if she'll be recurring if Bonnie follows through with a lawyer for her. I wouldn't mind seeing her added to the cast. 

It would be awesome if they could get Chef Rudy back just for the Third Rock mini reunion.

• Love 13

I liked seeing Kristen Johnston too -- I even liked that sitcom she did recently on TV Land, "The Exes" -- but I found this episode unaccountably sad. Bonnie ruined this woman's life. There's no making amends for 40 years destroyed.

• Love 3

Allison Janney is just so talented and brilliant in this role that even as Bonnie is recounting the terrible things she's done, she's just so funny that I can't help but love her. The whole scene at the diner when she tells the Tammy story is hilarious.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:34 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I liked seeing Kristen Johnston too -- I even liked that sitcom she did recently on TV Land, "The Exes" -- but I found this episode unaccountably sad. Bonnie ruined this woman's life. There's no making amends for 40 years destroyed.

I don't see it as that black and white. People make their own choices. Bonnie did some terrible things, but she can't be blamed for every bad decision Tammy made.

• Love 9

I appreciate that this show does not shy away from going dark - but this was hard for me to stomach. Yes, Bonnie's not responsible for every decision Tammy made but she definitely ruined the one big chance Tammy had at a good life and I think she got off the hook too easily. But then this is comedy not drama and I just have to hand wave it away. 

I love Wendy and I wish she'd get her own arc - can't remember that she ever got one like Marjorie and Jill did.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I don't see it as that black and white. People make their own choices. Bonnie did some terrible things, but she can't be blamed for every bad decision Tammy made.

Hear, hear!  Bonnie may be the reason she got placed in a group home, but Bonnie is no way responsible for the crimes that woman committed.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I love Wendy and I wish she'd get her own arc - can't remember that she ever got one like Marjorie and Jill did.

I think that’s kind of a running joke.  No one cares about Wendy’s shit.  It would actually be a funny episode if one was devoted entirely to what Wendy’s life is actually like.  

• Love 14

I laughed a lot at this one.  It's so nice when the writing is good and chemistry just works. And they were right about Bonnie not being able to get any money from her attack.  The last I checked, visitors have to sign away rights when they visit in a prison like that, so, that if you are taken hostage there is no negotiating and no money to reimburse you for injuries.  lol  I did a tour at a major prison once and it was rather daunting.  I would NOT do it again. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I laughed a lot at this one.  It's so nice when the writing is good and chemistry just works. And they were right about Bonnie not being able to get any money from her attack.  The last I checked, visitors have to sign away rights when they visit in a prison like that, so, that if you are taken hostage there is no negotiating and no money to reimburse you for injuries.  lol  I did a tour at a major prison once and it was rather daunting.  I would NOT do it again. 

I've been in and out of enough prison waiting rooms over the years (relatives who just couldn't stay out of trouble) that they don't bother me too much anymore (hopefully it will be the last - most have passed away), but that is correct - they always say they can't guarantee your safety.  The last one I was in was state level, and the maximum security people who had visiting privileges were kept in separate locked rooms, and talked to their visitors on the other side of thick glass, on a phone, so I felt better that the truly bad people were cordoned off.  

• Love 2
On 4/15/2018 at 1:32 PM, MissLucas said:

love Wendy and I wish she'd get her own arc - can't remember that she ever got one like Marjorie and Jill did.

Same her. I didn't care much for her at first but have grown to love her character after all these seasons.

• Love 2