Type keyword(s) to search

Total Divas - General Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Did WWE keep Paige and Alberto apart on purpose?

Paige was more into Alberto than Alberto was into her. She was so stupid for getting a tattoo of his name. 

Nikki's storyline is so boring. I would be so afraid to hurt my neck again. 

Trinity and Jon should get their own show. I think they are hilarious. The way that Jon looks at at Trinity is so sweet. 

I am surprised that Eva got drafted. 

Edited by Suzy123
6 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

Paige was more into Alberto than Alberto was into her. She was so stupid for getting a tattoo of his name. 

IDK about the bolded, they're married now.

7 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

Nikki's storyline is so boring. I would be so afraid to hurt my neck again. 

Trinity and Jon should get their own show. I think they are hilarious. The way that Jon looks at at Trinity is so sweet. 

I am surprised that Eva got drafted. 

Probably yes, they wanted to keep them apart but that whole ordeal is far from over.

The wwe loves Eva Marie. It's why they keep putting so much effort into her. They actually made brilliant use of the hatred many wrestling fans have for her being a shit worker. It was honestly well done.

I just never buy the bellas when they go on and on about wrestling because I feel like wrestling is a distant second to their men or having a family. Nothing wrong with that but I've seen wrestlers who truly do and love wrestling to make me feel like the bellas are overselling.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, OnceSane said:

IDK about the bolded, they're married now.

They are? When? Because when her nudes leaked a couple weeks back they were still engaged. And he still wasn't divorced. 

18 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

How long was Eva on Smackdown for? Did she get fired? Was she popular? 

Just a few weeks. She had a gimmick going where random things would happen to prevent her from actually wrestling (top broke, stubbed toe, still on vacation, etc).

She's "popular" in that she has heat. She's not "popular" as a face, though. 

15 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Probably yes, they wanted to keep them apart but that whole ordeal is far from over.

The wwe loves Eva Marie. It's why they keep putting so much effort into her. They actually made brilliant use of the hatred many wrestling fans have for her being a shit worker. It was honestly well done.

I just never buy the bellas when they go on and on about wrestling because I feel like wrestling is a distant second to their men or having a family. Nothing wrong with that but I've seen wrestlers who truly do and love wrestling to make me feel like the bellas are overselling.

I definitely see this with Brie. I don't think she's remotely interested in wrestling, beyond what it gets her as far as D list fame, and if she didn't have an identical twin that was somewhat athletic I don't think Brie would have been looked at twice by whoever manages the talent.

Nikki I am not sure. I used to think she was just trying to parlay a WWE career into an acting or modeling career, but now I am not sure. I don't know that she loves wrestling, but I do think she's an athlete that loves to compete.

I guess I can't fault the WWE for cashing in on everyone's annoyance with Eva, but I still wish she'd go away. She sucks at everything.

• Love 2

Its a shame about Paige.  When she came on the scene at WWE, I thought she was going to be a mainstay but she's immature and tends to let her emotions/relationships kinda rule her life.

She's still really young, so hopefully she rights the ship.

Maryse and Eva's friendship comes to blows over a bikini photo shoot; Renee and Dean Ambrose go on a sexy vacation, but can't find the romance; retired Brie goes back on the road to be with her husband, but hates it.

2 hours ago, Watermelon said:

They are? When? Because when her nudes leaked a couple weeks back they were still engaged. And he still wasn't divorced. 

Alberto announced on Instagram that they would marry March 29th, so I thought they went through with it.  Apparently not, but they are planning to marry in June.

17 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Alberto announced on Instagram that they would marry March 29th, so I thought they went through with it.  Apparently not, but they are planning to marry in June.

Mmm.  I just don't see it for either of them.  And then I happened to watch one episode of Impact and he said, "This is my house!" so I had to turn the channel. 

WWE fans could really save themselves the suffering of having to watch Eva Marie if they just sat on their hand and gave no reaction. It's awesomely hilarious that she suckage is of such a magnitude that no amount of looks has spared her the fans booing, lol. On one hand, I know she's trying but she's just not cut out for it. But on the other hand, to think and be surrounded by people who encourage this idea that simply trying is somehow deserving and equivalent to those who not only try, but excel at what they do. If everyone could do it, then would do it. Not everyone can, Eva Marie, you can't. 

I would totally watch a reality show with Miz and John. 

On Friday, April 07, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Suzy123 said:

Were Paige and Alberto fired from the WWE or did they quit?

Del Rio asked for his release and got it.  Paige has allegedly been trying to get hers, but has not officially.   She has been injured/suspended for wellness violations.

I have a theory about Eva Marie/Paige and how this season will play out.  Eva is allegedly out.  Paige is rumored to be put.  There's a promo showing how Paige's "mental health" will affect her job.  I think they'll wait till the season is over and then release Paige.  This way they don't look wrong.  Eva Marie is already having the story of not being happy with her direction.  They'll announce Eva was a mutual decision and Paige will be fired.  Fans of this show won't care because obviously the season will end with Nikki's engagement, Brie being pregnant, and the Bella twins having drama with Maryse.  The new cast members will probably be Carmella/Mickie James if I had to guess.  

I was impressed by Dean's observation that Lady and Tramp ate spaghetti in an alley.  Who doesn't like to go out to eat now and then though?

I didn't quite like the jacket he wore to the restaurant though.  I think a matching dark jacket would have looked better, with maybe a lighter colored shirt.

8 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Yep.  A few people…maybe 10-12 switched shows.

Smackdown certainly came out ahead.

They got Kevin Owens (but really, whoever the US champ is after the next ppv); Charlotte Flair;The New Day; Rusev; Lana;Sami Zayn; The Shining Stars; Sin Cara; Jinder Mahal; Tamina and Byron the announcer.

Raw got The Miz & Maryse; IC Champ Dean Ambrose; Bray Wyatt; Alexa Bliss; Mickie James; Apollo Crews; Kalisto; Heath Slater & Rhyno; Curt Hawkins

Trinity and Renee get fed up with Lana's behavior and an epic fight ensues; Maryse accidentally sends a nude selfie to a bunch of WWE Superstars; Brie debates if she wants to have a kid.

Renee is really getting on my nerves.  I can't believe she snuck in Lana and Rusev's room to get a picture of them sleeping.  But why did she want one?  How old are these people?

Can't complain much because my wrestler boyfriend Roman Reigns was actually in this episode.

During their wedding, Rusev pushes Lana outside of her comfort zone; Nicole gets an offer to go on ``Dancing With the Stars'' and wonders if she should quit WWE; Eva Marie pushes a healthier lifestyle on her sick father.

The picture thing kind of made sense to  me. I thought it was a play off Lana continuing to take pictures earlier that day.

Lana made me sad. She was so excited to see Naomi/Trinity and Naomi barely reciprocated or acted like she cared. While Lana is certainly not blameless and I found her grating, I thought Renee and Trinity probably should have realized it for what it was. Lana was too eager to hang out with them because she misses them/not being on same show with them and came off poorly. 

Lana and Renee are equally annoying.  I didn't care about that storyline at all.

Wow, so in the show Brie isn't even pregnant yet, but in real life she's 39 weeks and about to pop at any moment.  So, do they end the season with her finding out she's pregnant?  Then fast forward to Total Bellas where she will be heavily pregnant.

Paige really doesn't have much of a storyline right now.  I guess she has to finish out the season.  Do you all think the WWE is done with her now that she has this sex scandal going on?

Eva Marie's storyline is horrid and I'm embarrassed for her.  Maryse is so vain, I can't believe that she would choose being blind over wearing glasses or contacts. 

They are really behind as this all took place after the draft last year!

I think the WWE cut bait on Paige recently but I read that they are waiting for the Rock's movie about her to see what reaction they get.

Eva Marie was recently let go.

I can kind of understand why Lana was getting upset, but on the other hand this was Bulgaria, she should have expected the traditions there to be somewhat different than she was used to.  I imagine the locals thought she was acting like a spoiled Western woman.  Leave it to Natalie to talk some sense into her, it was Rusev's ceremony, just go along with it for him and try to enjoy the moment.  I like the part where the groom comes to demand his bride - I'm not sure what they were chanting back at him.

I think they were chanting for more money.  I think he had to give them money.

I'm glad she eventually got to enjoy the traditions.  I felt kind of sorry for him.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 1

There was that one bit early on where he was saying he had to put some money into her shoe so it would fit right.  That seems kind of strange.  The demands for money seem logical though.  :)

• Love 1

I have not seen this ep yet, for some reason, we get them a week later here, but (correct me if I am wrong) isn't it custom in some countries that the women demand money in order to then tell the groom where the bride is? Could it be what is happening there, in this ep?

On Mon Apr 24 2017 at 4:54 PM, DkNNy79 said:

Lana and Renee are equally annoying.  I didn't care about that storyline at all.

Wow, so in the show Brie isn't even pregnant yet, but in real life she's 39 weeks and about to pop at any moment.  So, do they end the season with her finding out she's pregnant?  Then fast forward to Total Bellas where she will be heavily pregnant.

Paige really doesn't have much of a storyline right now.  I guess she has to finish out the season.  Do you all think the WWE is done with her now that she has this sex scandal going on?

Eva Marie's storyline is horrid and I'm embarrassed for her.  Maryse is so vain, I can't believe that she would choose being blind over wearing glasses or contacts. 

The rumor is that the wwe is going to drop paige after she heals up from injuries.

I kinda saw Lana's point of view.  Ruses should've explained to her what was going to happen before hand so she knew what to expect.  These are his traditions not hers so a little heads up would've been nice.

Too much Eva Marie and her family.  Ugh, instant ffwd.

They should've gotten Brie to do DWTS.

On 4/27/2017 at 5:49 PM, Landlord said:

I have not seen this ep yet, for some reason, we get them a week later here, but (correct me if I am wrong) isn't it custom in some countries that the women demand money in order to then tell the groom where the bride is? Could it be what is happening there, in this ep?

Could well have been what was happening, they were chanting in Bulgarian (I assume), so it was hard to tell.  But Lana was chanting right along with them, which was kind of weird.  Rushev was at the door, demanding his bride.

On 4/27/2017 at 7:05 PM, Suzy123 said:

I giggled when she was christened and more and more water was being put on her. 

I try to be respectful of people's religious traditions, but I could sort of see how she might have started to feel degraded.  It looked like some sort of baptism, and that it was repeated three times.  The monk (?) splashed water directly into her face each time, and touched her bare legs while splashing her some more.  Not sure why it was done three times - because of the Trinity, or because Christ was in the grave three days, not sure.  

3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

They should've gotten Brie to do DWTS.

That's what I thought.  I couldn't figure out why they didn't offer the spot to Brie.  Unless they specifically wanted the fake boobs.

Edited to say:  Maybe they did ask her, but Brie didn't want to do it because she was focusing on trying to get pregnant.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2017 at 4:54 PM, DkNNy79 said:

I don't think it's so much the sex scandal as her association with Alberta Del Rio (Patron), who has said uncomplimentary things about the WWE and Triple H.  Also her failing her wellness test, and general attitude.  I'm not sure she even wants to be with the WWE at this point, and if that's the case they should just let her go.

Forced to retire her signature move, the Rack Attack, Nicole struggles to find her new identity as a WWE superstar. Maryse and Eva take their hubbies on a joint, sexy honeymoon trip to Exuma, but end up swimming with pigs.

13 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

Is Nikki still popular in the WWE world or have other women surpassed her?

she's been off tv since wrestlemania, and even though she had her moment, it was a mixed tag match vs maryse(who is essentially a valet). So she hasn't been in the title picture for months 

On 4/27/2017 at 2:49 PM, Landlord said:

My background is Polish and Ukrainian and the way I was told it happens is that the bride is taken to an "undisclosed location" (a room right nearby), and her shoe is passed around for people to shove money into it, essentially paying off the "kidnappers" for the groom to get the bride back. Granted, I've never seen it done and the stories were always told when everyone was a few too many beer into the night so my details might be wrong but I remember loving the idea of people paying me to accept my husband. 

If that were me, I would have demanded more money more than once. At least three times. 'Cause I'm an expensive bitch and if people are gonna pay me, they're gonna pay me, y'know what I mean?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

My background is Polish and Ukrainian and the way I was told it happens is that the bride is taken to an "undisclosed location" (a room right nearby), and her shoe is passed around for people to shove money into it, essentially paying off the "kidnappers" for the groom to get the bride back.

I was going to ask who gets to keep the money, but from what you're saying I guess the bride does?  Even though that doesn't make that much sense.  I guess it's a nice way to give the couple some cash as a wedding gift?

14 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I was going to ask who gets to keep the money, but from what you're saying I guess the bride does?  Even though that doesn't make that much sense.  I guess it's a nice way to give the couple some cash as a wedding gift?

Pretty much. The way my family did it, it was during the reception, which isn't traditional, and it was a jokey thing meant to raise "getting started" money for the new couple. Traditionally, it was supposed to be done before the ceremony, like they did, but I've always been unclear as to who gets the money. At the roots of it, it seems to be a twist on a dowry so I wonder if the money used to go to the bride's family?

Really, other than the food and the second Christmas, we don't keep to the "old ways" in my family.

On 4/22/2017 at 11:01 AM, The Ascension said:

The picture thing kind of made sense to  me. I thought it was a play off Lana continuing to take pictures earlier that day.

Lana made me sad. She was so excited to see Naomi/Trinity and Naomi barely reciprocated or acted like she cared. While Lana is certainly not blameless and I found her grating, I thought Renee and Trinity probably should have realized it for what it was. Lana was too eager to hang out with them because she misses them/not being on same show with them and came off poorly. 

Lana lost me when she referred to Renee as being needy. Lana of all people has absolutely NO business calling anyone else needy. And NO woman profiled on this show has any room to talk about another woman taking too many selfies.

I think Lana screwed up the trip in the first place. It was supposed to be a girls' trip, and Lana invited her husband along without checking with the other women, and basically said, my husband is going to not only be on this trip, but also walking around naked. I don't care if you see his junk though. Hey Lana, maybe Renee and Trinity are uncomfortable with that? Super inconsiderate. Of course Trinity and Renee were going to want to split off after that. I think Renee and Trinity both saw the trip as a way to cut loose, and the presence of Lana's husband partially subdued that trip. She really should have asked first.

Brie gets more obnoxious every season. If she's 39 weeks now, that would put her conception date sometime in August. So, when she's whining about how it's taking so long to get pregnant (with a start time of April 2016), it's actually only been a max of 4 months. God, cry me a river, Brie. Also, she read a book on fertility and still has no idea about implantation or what a uterus is? She's just dumb as rocks. Hey Brie, I hope you stayed off the trying to conceive message boards, because your ignorance combined with impatience would have made the other snarky posters eat you alive.

• Love 2

It took me 6 months to conceive and it felt like a lifetime to me, granted I'm 7 years older than Brie, so I was a little more concerned.

Some of these girls act really dumb and I wonder if they ramp it up for tv or what?  Otherwise, I don't know how they've made it through life this far.

48 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

It took me 6 months to conceive and it felt like a lifetime to me, granted I'm 7 years older than Brie, so I was a little more concerned.

Some of these girls act really dumb and I wonder if they ramp it up for tv or what?  Otherwise, I don't know how they've made it through life this far.

It's okay to get frustrated when it takes longer than expected. It's a little insensitive to publicly vent about how something must be wrong because you haven't gotten pregnant within 3 months of officially trying. Any book will tell you 6-12 months is totally normal. But I seriously doubt Brie read more than the intro to any fertility book, given how little she seems to understand how ovulation works. Remember last season she told Nikki she was going to be ovulating that weekend, and then told Bryan that she would only ovulate for 5-6 days. I'll grant that someone with a regular cycle might have an idea of when they might ovulate next, but no guarantees. And you don't ovulate for 5-6 days. She probably meant her fertile window was 5-6 days, which could be true (although not necessarily), but she doesn't seem to have a basic grasp of how her own body works.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:09 AM, Watermelon said:

she's been off tv since wrestlemania, and even though she had her moment, it was a mixed tag match vs maryse(who is essentially a valet). So she hasn't been in the title picture for months 

Did Maryse wrestle in her previous stint with WWE or has she always been just a valet?