Type keyword(s) to search

Total Divas - General Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

If there were the same amount of women as men, Nattie would be a mid carder. Because there's really only a slot for about 4 girls at a time(pre brand split) and since she was out so long with her husband, I'm sure she's  little nervous. 

12 hours ago, Watermelon said:

If there were the same amount of women as men, Nattie would be a mid carder. Because there's really only a slot for about 4 girls at a time(pre brand split) and since she was out so long with her husband, I'm sure she's  little nervous. 

What's a mid carder?

Brie really is quite the insecure bitch, isn't she?  I loved the look on her face (which I don't think was scripted for the show) when she told Brian on the phone that Nikki thinks she'll be more successful than John, with this look at expectant glee on her face, thinking Bryan is going to jump in and mock Nikki, only to be completely chastised by him.  Although, I didn't like Bryan's reprimand much either, as well deserved as it was. Brie was being a bitch, but Bryan always talks to her like he's her dad or something.

I think growing up, Nikki was likely the more popular twin, the one who was better at sports, got better grades, etc. Neither one is a rocket scientist, but I think Nikki plays dumb in a Jessica Simpson kind of way, while Brie just IS dumb. Marriage and babies was the only area of Brie's life where she thought she had "won" over Nikki, but then she didn't get pregnant right away and Bryan had his issues so now she has to shit all over everything in Nikki's life so Nikki doesn't gain the upper hand in any more areas in this competition that is only in Brie's mind.

• Love 2

@Tatum, a mid carder is someone who doesn't vie for the big title belt.  The wrestler may have shots at titles like the U.S. title or the tag belts, but isn't used in the main event or in the Universal/Heavyweight belt matches except as basically a jobber (somewho's job is to lose & make their opponent look good). 

Brie is very insecure and the way she takes glee when she thinks Nikki is going to fail at something is very bitchy.

Bryan and Brie have this weird chip on their shoulder and they think that they are the smartest people on the planet. They don't seem to have fun. I would rather hang out with Nikki, she seems like a lot of fun. 

Bryan does sound like he is Brie's dad. He is always reprimanding her.

• Love 2
On Sun Jan 08 2017 at 1:56 PM, Suzy123 said:

Brie really goes below the belt when she insults Nikki. She is always really cruel to her. 

Brie seems so fake it's really sad.  I feel like she has taken on Bryan's crappy personality and constantly berates Nikki. 

Paige is a mess. She reminds me of a 12 year old who has to constantly get mad at the world. She seems like a terrible person to be around. 

It's Nattie very popular in the WWE world or is the WWE just hanging on to her because she had wrestling roots?

I feel like she is constantly changing her image to remain relevant. 

Nattie is not popular and it always bugs me that this show largely follows people that the general audience doesn't care about in the ring and don't have much going on.

Case and point, the push nattie keeps going on about that no one cared about, no one believed she was going to win anything important and she's just a filler wrestler with name recognition. 

I wish they'd show the divas from the RAW brand.  They look a little more interesting than the batch they have now.  I don't know why there's so much of the Bellas when they have their own show.  Enough already.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Nattie is not popular and it always bugs me that this show largely follows people that the general audience doesn't care about in the ring and don't have much going on.

Case and point, the push nattie keeps going on about that no one cared about, no one believed she was going to win anything important and she's just a filler wrestler with name recognition. 

Are any of these girls very popular in the WWE? Nattie just seems really desperate and I feel embarrassed watching her. 

2 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

Are any of these girls very popular in the WWE? Nattie just seems really desperate and I feel embarrassed watching her. 

Maryse is good at generating the responses she wants, anger. People have been over Paige for a while. She's been eclipsed by other wrestlers. Nattie doesn't generate much reaction. Lana falls in the same camp as Maryse. But the reality is that the most important women that garner the biggest responded on air are Sasha Banks, Charlotte,  Beck lynch, Bayley, Alexa bliss and Asuka who is on another brand. Everyone else is mid level or lower when it comes to importance and responses. None of the women that truly matter are in here.

Just in case you would like to see some of them at work.

7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Maryse is good at generating the responses she wants, anger. People have been over Paige for a while. She's been eclipsed by other wrestlers. Nattie doesn't generate much reaction. Lana falls in the same camp as Maryse. But the reality is that the most important women that garner the biggest responded on air are Sasha Banks, Charlotte,  Beck lynch, Bayley, Alexa bliss and Asuka who is on another brand. Everyone else is mid level or lower when it comes to importance and responses. None of the women that truly matter are in here.

Just in case you would like to see some of them at work.

Thanks for info! My dad watches wrestling, and when I pass by, I don't see any of the women of Total Divas on.  

Is Nikki popular? She acts like she is the queen of wrestling. 

1 hour ago, Suzy123 said:

Thanks for info! My dad watches wrestling, and when I pass by, I don't see any of the women of Total Divas on.  

I don't know if Nikki is Popular, but I think she fancies herself as popular as a Attitude Era Diva (Trish, Lita, etc). At least that's how I read it (Esp now that all the "more famous names" (faces like Mickie James, Trish, Molly, Victoria, crap, even Torrie and Stacy) are all gone, she's one of the veterans. 

1 hour ago, Suzy123 said:

Not really. Pure wrestling fans can mostly agree that progressed in the ring while Brie regressed majorly but her long ass title reign gave zero memorable matches of feuds and she isn't missed as one of the major women in the division. She has her fans for sure but she doesn't garner huge reactions either minus her return last year which was a surprise. I think is a difference where the women I listed above are well regarded as wrestlers period. Gender not really being part of it while someone like Nikki mainly has girl and women fans which is great but it limits how big you actually are.

She's popular. Much like Brie alludes to, most people tend to think she's popular because she's dating John Cena.  As far as great matches go? No, she doesn't really have those.  If you ask anyone about an amazing Nikki match or moment, it doesn't really exist.

She's the longest reigning divas champion(over a year) which, I personally don't feel is deserved...but the WWE trusted her to hold the title that long(again, probably because of John Cena)

She's also clearly among the more famous Divas outside of the ring. So she's popular, but not necessarily for the right reasons.

• Love 1

Nikki wishes she was as popular as Lita or Trish.  Her title reign never would have lasted so long if WWE wasn't being petty over AJ Lee/CM Punk.  Nor would it have lasted so long if she wasn't dating Cena.  JMO.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Not really. Pure wrestling fans can mostly agree that progressed in the ring while Brie regressed majorly but her long ass title reign gave zero memorable matches of feuds and she isn't missed as one of the major women in the division. She has her fans for sure but she doesn't garner huge reactions either minus her return last year which was a surprise. I think is a difference where the women I listed above are well regarded as wrestlers period. Gender not really being part of it while someone like Nikki mainly has girl and women fans which is great but it limits how big you actually are.

Brie does not strike me as talented at all. She just seems so stiff and awkward.

2 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Nikki wishes she was as popular as Lita or Trish.  Her title reign never would have lasted so long if WWE wasn't being petty over AJ Lee/CM Punk.  Nor would it have lasted so long if she wasn't dating Cena.  JMO.  

That's what I read too...that WWE pushed for her as the Divas champion record holder just long enough that AJ didn't have that record.

My husband loves both WWE and UFC, but he doesn't have much of an opinion on the current divas (although he does really like a few female UFCers). He hasn't really paid much attention to the Divas division since Stacy Keibler and that Sable chick who's married to Brock Lesnar left. I have to tell him all the behind the scenes gossip that I read here :).

Edited by Tatum
7 hours ago, Tatum said:

Brie does not strike me as talented at all. She just seems so stiff and awkward.

That's what I read too...that WWE pushed for her as the Divas champion record holder just long enough that AJ didn't have that record.

My husband loves both WWE and UFC, but he doesn't have much of an opinion on the current divas (although he does really like a few female UFCers). He hasn't really paid much attention to the Divas division since Stacy Keibler and that Sable chick who's married to Brock Lesnar left. I have to tell him all the behind the scenes gossip that I read here :).

Tell him to watch! And between you and me, he should look up some Lucha underground matches. They have no women's division so you'll see them fighting men most of the time.  There was a sickening gauntlet match between a man named pentagon and 4 Asian women. It was epic. Epic.

As  far as wwe? Asuka, Sasha vs bayley and Sasha vs Charlotte. All good places to start back up. 

On 1/11/2017 at 8:30 PM, Racj82 said:

Honestly, at the live shows I've been to, Nattie has always gotten a really good crowd response.  I'm sure part of it is the Hart name, but she definitely gets a reaction.  

The Brie/Nikki dynamic is weird.  I think there is definitely some competition there (more on Brie's part than Nikki's).  I think it drives Brie nuts that Nikki leads the kind of life where she can drop money on whatever new thing she wants, and Brie cannot do that, because while she and Bryan aren't poor, they're not in Cena's league, and Bryan, even if they had that money, would not approve of that kind of spending.  

I said when we were watching, when Brie was talking about how other people were getting pregnant, and she still isn't, "could you imagine how Brie would react if Nikki and John had ended up with an 'oops!' pregnancy before she got pregnant?"  She would hate Nikki for it.  It would not have been pretty.  As it is, I'm kind of dreading the episodes (probably on the next season of Total Bellas?) after Brie finds out she's pregnant.  I think she'll find little ways to rub it in Nikki's face.  And I think that goes back to the competitive thing.  Brie, for whatever reasons, feels like the one thing she has "over" Nikki is that Bryan married her and wants kids with her.  So she sometimes likes to rub that in, and it's always so icky when she does.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Honestly, at the live shows I've been to, Nattie has always gotten a really good crowd response.  I'm sure part of it is the Hart name, but she definitely gets a reaction.  

The Brie/Nikki dynamic is weird.  I think there is definitely some competition there (more on Brie's part than Nikki's).  I think it drives Brie nuts that Nikki leads the kind of life where she can drop money on whatever new thing she wants, and Brie cannot do that, because while she and Bryan aren't poor, they're not in Cena's league, and Bryan, even if they had that money, would not approve of that kind of spending.  

I said when we were watching, when Brie was talking about how other people were getting pregnant, and she still isn't, "could you imagine how Brie would react if Nikki and John had ended up with an 'oops!' pregnancy before she got pregnant?"  She would hate Nikki for it.  It would not have been pretty.  As it is, I'm kind of dreading the episodes (probably on the next season of Total Bellas?) after Brie finds out she's pregnant.  I think she'll find little ways to rub it in Nikki's face.  And I think that goes back to the competitive thing.  Brie, for whatever reasons, feels like the one thing she has "over" Nikki is that Bryan married her and wants kids with her.  So she sometimes likes to rub that in, and it's always so icky when she does.  

Not on tv nattie doesn't and that's what matters. It's not like she gets no reaction, I'm saying the general wrestling audience doesn't really care about what she's doing but a lot of that is how she's booked.

I need the bellas to just go away. They tiretire and bore me. Every issue or argument they have has happened fifty times already.

There's something about Renee that is starting to grate.  I laughed when, right after her talking head gushing about how Dean is her other half, we get her bitching about them essentially having nothing in common.  And she always likes to mention in her talking heads that he's the champ. I can see it once, when she did it at the start of the season since that was her introduction as a regular cast member, but she keeps mentioning it.  And her attitude on the trip stunk.  If you don't want to feel like a third wheel, then don't go.  Spend some time at home with your "other half."  

My son and I laughed at two points in her scenes in this one.  First, when she said Dean would lose his mind over the "twin deer" (and, seriously, twin deer?), because he does not strike either of us as the type who loses his mind over seeing a deer.  Second, after he said he had booked the trip to Big Sur, I said that. after he hung up, he was probably like "well, crap, now I need to book a trip to Big Sur."  

10 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

Nattie always looks like she is trying not to laugh. She had this weird smirk on her face 99% of the episode. 

I think it's because she realizes how ridiculous most of her scenes are.  

• Love 1
On 1/15/2017 at 7:51 PM, Racj82 said:

Not on tv nattie doesn't and that's what matters. It's not like she gets no reaction, I'm saying the general wrestling audience doesn't really care about what she's doing but a lot of that is how she's booked.

I need the bellas to just go away. They tiretire and bore me. Every issue or argument they have has happened fifty times already.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not on TV," because the shows I've been to where she's gotten good crowd response have been Smackdown/Raw/PPV shows.  I mean, she's not getting the kind of reaction you hear when, say, Cena's music first starts, or when AJ or Finn come out, but she's getting crowd reaction.  My general impression of the audience's feelings towards her is that they like her, but wish she was used better.  I was at one of her matches against Charlotte, and the crowd was straight up pissed that Nattie didn't win.   

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "not on TV," because the shows I've been to where she's gotten good crowd response have been Smackdown/Raw/PPV shows.  I mean, she's not getting the kind of reaction you hear when, say, Cena's music first starts, or when AJ or Finn come out, but she's getting crowd reaction.  My general impression of the audience's feelings towards her is that they like her, but wish she was used better.  I was at one of her matches against Charlotte, and the crowd was straight up pissed that Nattie didn't win.   

I've been following wrestling for a long time. I've seen the reactions that relate to who is over,  really popular, and who is not. Not to say you haven't either but reactions in crowds do not really relate to the home audience unless they are truly popular. Everyone has there fans. People hate Charlotte so anyone not beating her will illicit a response. If she had a true following wwe would have no choice but to use her more with the divisions being so light. She's basically second tier. Doesn't mean you don't get responses or have no popularity. It just means your popularity only goes so far and multiple women dwarf you in terms of importance, crowd response, etc. A lot of that is on wwe. Most people don't care about Natalya in a general sense because they always use her in transition feuds. There is no reason to believe she's going to become champion or the focus of a brand. And now Mickie James has returned on her show and leapfrog over her in importance. 

• Love 2

I don't find that many people hate Charlotte like that.  Yes, she's a heel, but she's a pretty popular heel.  This is the only WWE related forum I frequent, but my son is very big into it, and he reads a lot of fan forums, and he says his reading backs up the responses we've seen for her in arenas.  A quick look at social media shows that Nattie has more followers than the other active women  I looked on Twitter at Nattie, Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Lana, Maryse, Eva, Bayley, Carmella, Alexa, and Mickie.  She has close to double the next highest number of followers among those women.  I'm not saying she's more popular than all of them, but from every reaction that I can see, she's not unpopular.  She's simply misused.  If they put her in a good story, she'd be hugely popular.  She has the talent, fans like her, and she has the Hart pedigree.  Them not using her right isn't a reflection of what fans want/like, it's just them being short-sighted because she's not as "hot" or young as some of the other women.  And that's no slight on the other women, except Eva, who they really need to just give up. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I don't find that many people hate Charlotte like that.  Yes, she's a heel, but she's a pretty popular heel.  This is the only WWE related forum I frequent, but my son is very big into it, and he reads a lot of fan forums, and he says his reading backs up the responses we've seen for her in arenas.  A quick look at social media shows that Nattie has more followers than the other active women  I looked on Twitter at Nattie, Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Lana, Maryse, Eva, Bayley, Carmella, Alexa, and Mickie.  She has close to double the next highest number of followers among those women.  I'm not saying she's more popular than all of them, but from every reaction that I can see, she's not unpopular.  She's simply misused.  If they put her in a good story, she'd be hugely popular.  She has the talent, fans like her, and she has the Hart pedigree.  Them not using her right isn't a reflection of what fans want/like, it's just them being short-sighted because she's not as "hot" or young as some of the other women.  And that's no slight on the other women, except Eva, who they really need to just give up. 

We can go back on forth on this all day but she's a placeholder character. They need a feud for someone until a big feed comes up, they use nattie. There used to be a uproar over her not being used as much but now most people are just blah towards a push for her. Thats just the reality of the situation. This seems to be morphed into defending her on the grounds that she has a bunch of fans. Most people in the company do. Twitter fans and all that only matters so much in the long run. I'm a part of different message boards. I listen to wrestling related podcasts. I watch a few different wrestling related channels on youtube. No discussions are being had about Natalya. What Becky Lynch, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Mickie James, Asuka, Alexa Bliss, Charlotte and to certain extent Nikki are doing are what wrestling fans mostly care about.

I also didn't mean that people genuinely Haye Charlotte.They love to hate her. Although there a large section of fans that think her promo line delivery sucks, she's overrated and has been exposed since being taken away from nxt by not being as good without mapped our matches. Also nepotism because of ric flair.

Is Natalya super popular which was the originally question? How popular is she? For casual fans, kids or people that watch total divas? She would come across that way. Yes, she has a following. Anyone that has been actively wrestling for over a decade and related to the hart's would. But, she also overshadowed by a bunch of other women in terms of importance and when the bell rings. She just becomes a above average worker that fans have no reason to respond to past a certain level. 

Does JJ ever get tired of being around his sisters with their bodies exposed all the time? It's their business what there wear and if they are at a pool or whatever so be it but if I was JJ I would steer clear. JJ can also probably see Nikki's breasts in his sleep.

Edited by Racj82
21 hours ago, NYGirl said:

Wow I thought Renee's prank was really weird.

God I'm so sick of the Bellas and their first world problems.  Ugh the whole family was on this episode.

I honestly do not understand why they keep inviting their brother anywhere.  

On 1/19/2017 at 11:09 AM, NYGirl said:

Wow I thought Renee's prank was really weird.

God I'm so sick of the Bellas and their first world problems.  Ugh the whole family was on this episode.

Renee's prank was so stupid. My husband and I watched it together and I'm like, how was this a prank? And my husband explains that the people and the drama were all plants, and I'm like, yeah, I got that part. What I don't get is why anyone would do it or think it was funny.

I'm sick of the Bellas too, even though I like Nikki. I'm really sick of "Birdee Bee" or whatever. Those two just seem like little girls playing Barbie CEO. Brie shut up and get a real job.

• Love 2
On Tue Jan 24 2017 at 9:09 PM, Watermelon said:

This show assumes nobody who watches actually watches wrestling lol

Sadly that mostly seems to be the case. A lot of the viewers are women who never bother to follow the product. Just the show.

Wow I can't believe how Renee treated Dean.  He seems like a nice guy and definitely a fun guy.  Her mom liked him a lot so I don't see what the problem was.  That had to be producer driven.  I loved when he jumped over the fence to get her house back.

Lana and Rusev's wedding was sweet.  He seems like such a nice guy.  I loved that he got the arch for her.  

Shockingly the Bellas didn't bug too much tonight as they were trivial to the storyline mostly.

On 1/24/2017 at 8:09 PM, Watermelon said:

This show assumes nobody who watches actually watches wrestling lol

I don't really. I am curious about something. With the brand split, is one considered the "A" organization and the other one kind of the JV squad, or are they both the same level of prestige? It seemed like most of the anxiety of the Divas was being separated from their romantic partners. Will anything really change for them personally?

I used to like Renee, but she is best in small doses, I think. While I think she was kind of a bitch to Dean, I have to imagine being around someone like that who is "on" all the time has to get annoying. She probably worries he drinks too much, to the point where it's indicative of a problem, and she's embarrassed about it.

53 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I don't really. I am curious about something. With the brand split, is one considered the "A" organization and the other one kind of the JV squad, or are they both the same level of prestige? It seemed like most of the anxiety of the Divas was being separated from their romantic partners. Will anything really change for them personally?

I used to like Renee, but she is best in small doses, I think. While I think she was kind of a bitch to Dean, I have to imagine being around someone like that who is "on" all the time has to get annoying. She probably worries he drinks too much, to the point where it's indicative of a problem, and she's embarrassed about it.

As far as I know they all stayed together.  John and Nikki (and Daniel) are all on Smackdown, along with Renee(she was at both shows after the split, then they put her permanently on smackdown) and Dean.  Actually Naomi and her husband are also on Smackdown.  Lana and Rusev are together on Raw.

Raw is the oldest so technically the A brand.  I think generally about 1 million more people watch Raw than Smackdown, but there was a week whee more people watching Smackdown and it kind of shook the table.

They did an ok job of splitting the talent.  I think it's better for everyone, because now you only have to compete with half the original roster for time and attention.  Nattie is getting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more play now than she has in at least 3 years. The interesting part is the current women's champion isn't any of these people lol. 

• Love 1
On Fri Jan 27 2017 at 2:38 PM, Tatum said:

Raw is considered the A show because it's been around longer and it's Vince McMahon's baby. But, what the women are more worried about is if say Naomi went to Raw and her husband went to smackdown, they don't tour together. They don't travel together. So you don't see each other. Being sent to smackdown isn't a bad thing for anybody. It's on the same channel.

But, yeah, nobody got split up. 

I actually don't thing the hat thing was set up because the people that took the hat didn't not give clearance for their likeness. I do think it was an asshole who saw a reality show being film and decided to mess with them. 

On 1/27/2017 at 11:06 AM, NYGirl said:

Wow I can't believe how Renee treated Dean.  He seems like a nice guy and definitely a fun guy.  Her mom liked him a lot so I don't see what the problem was.  That had to be producer driven.  I loved when he jumped over the fence to get her house back.

Lana and Rusev's wedding was sweet.  He seems like such a nice guy.  I loved that he got the arch for her.  

Shockingly the Bellas didn't bug too much tonight as they were trivial to the storyline mostly.

Renee was getting on my nerves, big time.  It was so clear that her family liked him (and approved of his going after the guy who snatched her hat), and there she is calling him a psychopath.  

I want a Rusev/Ambrose buddy cop movie.  They can leave Lana and Renee home.  The guys are fun, but their SO's are complete wet blankets.  

• Love 2
On 1/31/2017 at 9:19 PM, KerleyQ said:

Renee was getting on my nerves, big time.  It was so clear that her family liked him (and approved of his going after the guy who snatched her hat), and there she is calling him a psychopath.  

I want a Rusev/Ambrose buddy cop movie.  They can leave Lana and Renee home.  The guys are fun, but their SO's are complete wet blankets.  

I did laugh when she asked him to comb his hair and change his outfit, and then says her mom is going to offer Dean 5 bucks and assume he's a homeless wino.  She seemed really nervous about her family liking him, which is odd because they were so laidback and happy to spend the day drinking.

I mean, I can think of several families I know that would be horrified by Dean, and would find his antics annoying and not funny. But Renee's family did not seem this way at all.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

I did laugh when she asked him to comb his hair and change his outfit, and then says her mom is going to offer Dean 5 bucks and assume he's a homeless wino.  She seemed really nervous about her family liking him, which is odd because they were so laidback and happy to spend the day drinking.

I mean, I can think of several families I know that would be horrified by Dean, and would find his antics annoying and not funny. But Renee's family did not seem this way at all.

That's what I was thinking too.  It was like "do you know your family at all?"  Because you generally know if your family is one where they'd enjoy a guy like Dean or one where the introduction would be awkward.  I know my extended family would enjoy the hell out of one of us bringing someone like Dean home to meet them.  He'd fit right in.  So, none of us would get all stressed out and worry about him "making a good impression."  She seemed to not get that her family falls in the "we love this crazy guy!" camp.  And, as for his appearance, if her family watched her work at all, they'd be familiar with what he looks like (and his in ring persona).  

• Love 1

Anyone watching Smackdown now?  If not, please go to you tube and search Miz tv for the past few mos.  They're letting Miz do worked shoots on Cena, Nikki Bella,  and D Bry.   What we've  "learned" thus far:

Maryse was supposed to be on TD,  but she trusted Bellas and was edged out.  Nikki Bella begged E to not show this.  Apparently,  it will.  

Cena and D Bry have had active roles in pushing the Miz down the card.  It's really worth it, especially when Bry looks like a total dbag on Talking Smack.  I haven't cared about TD in forever, but I'm feeling it now.

Also, looks like Eva Marie may be leaving WWE.

The superstars are on pins and needles awaiting the outcome of the WWE draft, which could affect their relationships and friendships; Nikki is determined to get cleared by WWE and asks Nattie to train with her in the ring.