Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Today we had the two women who decided to attack each other on Facebook, one supposedly has herpes, the other supposedly doesn't know who the father of her kids is (are). Both litigants were a mess. Then we get the snobs who wanted a gold gilded frame for $2,000. JM said she doesn't live in that world (or something like that). Douglas smiled. I wish Douglas would have more to say in this program and they would get rid of Curt in the hallway and most importantly Harvey out in the street. 

He was entertaining way before that:

Def: "Like I said on the phone she's axin' to help with the dog and stuff because the situation's the situation and..."

JM: "You're not making any sense. ... respond to what I asked you."

Def: "I'm responding. You're not listening."

Okay, as scuzzy as he was, I give him credit for getting the poor puppymill/petshop dog neutered. At least it won't end up with some backyard breeder or another mill.

Plaintiff made me sick. Buying a petstore dog with money she doesn't have (what would she do if the dog needed vet care?) and then dumping it because she suddenly discovered her daughter has allergies - or she couldn't make the payments. Ugh.

Take the Last Train to the Shelter:

Maybe it's just me, but when I see a woman who came from another country, dropped FIVE kids (the last one just two years ago) with three different baby daddies, has no money, no job and no home (and finds it all amusing) and expects the taxpayers - in a country where I doubt she's paid one cent in taxes -  and strangers to support her and her litter I get somewhat irate. But maybe that's just me.

It's me too. The woman thought the whole JM experience was one big joke. Her pal did too. She used her relative and now plans on using this country to support her ass along with her kids. She had enough jewelry too didn't she.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 3

I loved the scummy herpes-facebooking-defaming women in today's first case. When JM called for a recess and started mumbling, I was expecting her to say that she needed to take a shower. Someone in the case mentioned screen capping stuff on facebook, this is really a good idea. A while back, an acquaintance unfriended and blocked me (not really sure why) but the result was that everything I liked or commented on on her FB page went away, but also everything she liked or commented on on MY FB page also disappeared. So if you plan on going on JJ or JM (or even a real courtroom), screen cap everything while you can.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 1

I loved the scummy herpes-facebooking-defaming women in today's first case.

I felt kind of itchy after watching that. They have cell phones, computers, internet access and spend all kinds of money on weaves/wigs but just can't pay the fines owed for racking up constant tickets on their beater cars, or that their baby daddies rack up. Spend less time on FB sniping and more on getting your lives in order and you'll be better off. JM seemed rather grossed out with being forced to discuss anyone's coochie, diseased or not.

The painting case may have been rather boring, but at least we didn't have to listen to all kinds of sordid revelations.

I bet when Al Gore invented the Internet, he had no idea it would be used for the nefarious purposes we see it used for on court shows.

I've had Facebook for a long time. It's helped me keep in touch with my friends and family, who are spread all over the world. Watching court shows makes me wonder if I'm the only one not using it to harass., defame, stalk, and otherwise be an asshole to people.

Of course, I also have managed to buy and sell things on Craigslist without incident too, so I guess I'm just not cut out to be a TV court show litigant.

• Love 7

Of course, I also have managed to buy and sell things on Craigslist without incident too, so I guess I'm just not cut out to be a TV court show litigant.

You are much braver than I!!!  I have cop friends that have scared that right out of me.  It has gotten so sketchy around here that many police stations have set up special transaction areas.

• Love 1

Today JM had an important case worth $99. Basketball clothes and flip flops! She's 18 and he's 20 who dropped her for a 32 year old. I bet he asked the 32 year old sugar mama for the $60 the plaintiff wanted for her stuff and she told him no. So he gets sued instead of paying the plaintiff. He did give her a pair of shorts in a bag in the courtroom. That defendent looked like a real prize! Immature as hell with mama propping him up.

• Love 1

I could have sworn she said sphinx and thought this could get interesting, a PC litigant with an interest in egyptology.

Well, we did have a litigant on JJ who came in dressed like Cleopatra, prompting a "That's some outfit!" from JJ. Does that count?

How many litigants have you seen that could point out the Nile on a map?

I'm not kidding when I say a lot of them would be hard pressed to point out North America on a map.

I bet he asked the 32 year old sugar mama for the $60 the plaintiff wanted

I'm wondering why he didn't bring her instead of his mommy, a big boy like that.

I bet when Al Gore invented the Internet, he had no idea it would be used for the nefarious purposes we see it used for on court shows.

I bet he never dreamed that it would be used to post pages and pages of nothing but dick pics either. Sigh.

• Love 2

REALLY!  Dr. K?  Did you have some brief lapse?  How many litigants have you seen that could point out the Nile on a map?

I know they spend a lot of time floating on the river of Denial, but it doesn't count.

I lol'd. Thanks for the laugh!
  • Love 3

I usually agree with JM's rulings but today's first two cases I think she missed. The first was the lovely family with the 54 year old mother who looks like 84 and she says she looks that way because "they stress me." One daughter is accused of damaging the other daughter's car. The son, convicted drug dealer, and his sister denied all. JM ruled for them and they laughed when they heard the ruling. The plaintiff looked like the best of the bunch and unfortunately she lost and was laughed at to boot.

The next case was the plaintiff who moved other people in not on the lease. They caused trouble in the building, broke the towel bar, door knobs, etc. and left the carpet disgusting. JM ruled in their favor and the plaintiff landlord had to return most of the security deposit. I think breaking things in an apartment is not "normal wear and tear" as JM said. The plaintiff should have been able to collect on that, not just for the carpet cleaning bill.

The last case was a simple one and JM got that right. The flower bushes shouldn't have been cut down.

• Love 2

The family in today's first case was a damn Norman Rockwell painting come to life. Mother/son drug dealers, siblings who take their anger out on each others' cars, just good, wholesome family fun. And sure, it was stress that made the mother look like that. 

I, too, was confused as to why JM didn't let the defendants keep more of the security deposit. The plaintiffs admitted to breaking the towel rods and door knobs, so I was confused as to why she didn't consider those things as damages. 

• Love 2

The first was the lovely family with the 54 year old mother who looks like 84 and she says she looks that way because "they stress me."

You're too kind. She looked like a rode hard and put away wet, meth-addicted 94. I was expecting her to drop dead before our eyes. I think this is the most sordid case we've heard here. Keeshon - 25, never worked a day in his worthless life - : "I don't do drugs. I don't deal drugs." MM: "Have you been convicted for drugs?" "Yeeeah. Three or four times."

Plaintiff: (paraphrasing) "We got into an altercation over his dealing drugs.  My emaciated, toothless, meth addict mom punched me in the face and my brother started kicking me. He kicked my car, so of course - naturally - I took a bat and went to damage HIS car.It's a family thing."

One daughter is accused of damaging the other daughter's car.

Def. female was Keeshon's baby momma, because who wouldn't want him as a baby daddy? Those stellar genes, from a family like that? Priceless.

The landlord case was almost like a breath of fresh air, even though the landlord was a tight-assed, ball-less little jerk whose wife dictates the rules. 5000$ for carpet cleaning and wiping up a few spills and stains? He got zero.  Boy, I bet he got a whippin' when they got home.  

Azalea massacre: Maybe the gardener learned not to hire just anyone to do landscaping, then take off while they wield machetes on the property.

• Love 4

Methy crackhead mother was a rambling no-teeth-having skeleton who grossed me out and made me sad. And her son brought her as a witness. The whole family needs to locked in a cell somewhere; drugs and violence are their way of life.

• Love 5

"We're single parents with a bunch of kids in the house."  Yep, great environment to raise children in.  I work in a hospital and we see lots of sad cases in the ED, but I've never seen one as poorly aged as the 54 year old mother.  

• Love 2

I don't know....I installed a towel rack without molly screws or in the studs....didn't work so well. And who glues back a door handle? I have installed those when changing from brass to chrome....with success.

I don't know....I installed a towel rack without molly screws or in the studs....didn't work so well. And who glues back a door handle? I have installed those when changing from brass to chrome....with success.

You're too kind. She looked like a rode hard and put away wet, meth-addicted 94. I was expecting her to drop dead before our eyes. I think this is the most sordid case we've heard here. Keeshon - 25, never worked a day in his worthless life - : "I don't do drugs. I don't deal drugs." MM: "Have you been convicted for drugs?" "Yeeeah. Three or four times."

Plaintiff: (paraphrasing) "We got into an altercation over his dealing drugs.  My emaciated, toothless, meth addict mom punched me in the face and my brother started kicking me. He kicked my car, so of course - naturally - I took a bat and went to damage HIS car.It's a family thing."

Def. female was Keeshon's baby momma, because who wouldn't want him as a baby daddy? Those stellar genes, from a family like that? Priceless.

The landlord case was almost like a breath of fresh air, even though the landlord was a tight-assed, ball-less little jerk whose wife dictates the rules. 5000$ for carpet cleaning and wiping up a few spills and stains? He got zero.  Boy, I bet he got a whippin' when they got home.  

Azalea massacre: Maybe the gardener learned not to hire just anyone to do landscaping, then take off while they wield machetes on the property.

Oh, that was a baby momma! I lost track of who was who in that pathetic family.

• Love 1

I think the plaintiff in the first case just wanted to stick it to the defendent and knew damn well without proof of the call before the warranty ran out he couldn't prove his case. I guess he had to buy some picture books for his 2 year old to be entertained in the back seat of the car. No more DVD player for the little one.

The case with the lawnmower being used in the defendent's home with a photo for proof - Guilty as hell. Oh, they just happened to own the same mower. Yeah, right. Then he has the nerve to charge a storage fee. The little wife looked like a real bitch. I wish JM would have ruled in favor of a monetary amount instead of the return of the mower. The wife will make the husband strip that mower clean of any workable parts that's for sure.

• Love 1

I think the plaintiff in the first case just wanted to stick it to the defendent and knew damn well without proof of the call before the warranty ran out he couldn't prove his case. I guess he had to buy some picture books for his 2 year old to be entertained in the back seat of the car. No more DVD player for the little one.

I thought MM would have suggested that maybe the 2 year old put grape jelly in the DVD player, but she didn't.

I realize that Levin would never turn down a case with snark potential, but given that this show's purpose is entertainment rather than law, I really, really wish they would pass on the sick/dying pets cases.  I just don't find any entertainment value in a grieving pet parent and a picture of the little furbaby.  At all.

If that meth head matriarch is 54, I'm 11.  Last week I said the 58 year old dirty old man could be my grandpa and we're the same age, but he could have been her grandson.

• Love 4

I think the plaintiff in the first case just wanted to stick it to the defendent

May I express my extreme distaste for grown men (even if one of them is a whiny, pansy-assed Baby Huey) snarking at each other on FB, like high-school girls? Ugh.

Lawn Mower Madness: I couldn't get past the horrific grammar of the def. ("We brang it.") and the inappropriate plunging neckline of his wife, the nasty little Troll Doll.

I really, really wish they would pass on the sick/dying pets cases.

I'm with you there. Hearing about little puppies and kittens suffering and dying because people will not stop patronizing greedy backyard breeders and puppymills make me sick. NO reputable breeder would ever put an ad up on CL or anywhere else peddling puppies to anyone with enough money in his/her pocket, because reputable breeders have long waiting lists  for their litters that come along once every 4 - 5 years.

That being said, I'm glad the plaintiff won. At least that would neutralize the profits the def. expected from this last litter.

• Love 1

May I express my extreme distaste for grown men (even if one of them is a whiny, pansy-assed Baby Huey) snarking at each other on FB, like high-school girls? Ugh.

Lawn Mower Madness: I couldn't get past the horrific grammar of the def. ("We brang it.") and the inappropriate plunging neckline of his wife, the nasty little Troll Doll.

I'm with you there. Hearing about little puppies and kittens suffering and dying because people will not stop patronizing greedy backyard breeders and puppymills make me sick. NO reputable breeder would ever put an ad up on CL or anywhere else peddling puppies to anyone with enough money in his/her pocket, because reputable breeders have long waiting lists  for their litters that come along once every 4 - 5 years.

That being said, I'm glad the plaintiff won. At least that would neutralize the profits the def. expected from this last litter.

Were both litigants going back and forth on FB? I thought it was just the plaintiff and his friends. Apparently, he hasn't made any friends since college, which is weird to me but whatever.

I had a fancy audio/video aftermarket system installed in my last vehicle, which was a Nissan. I just didn't want to spend what the dealership charges for navigation, backup cameras, etc. It saved me about a thousand bucks to do it that way...

Until the damn thing started acting up. And, of course, it was right after the one-year warranty expired. First the backup camera went, which cost over $300 to repair. Then the stereo stopped connecting with my phone via Bluetooth intermittently, but never while the guys in the shop were looking at it. If I'd gotten the system Nissan offered, it would still have been covered. Like MM likes to say, sometimes the cheap comes out expensive.

I couldn't expect the shop to do anything once the warranty was up because it wouldn't have been fair to them, so I ate the cost of another system. They had some sympathy and gave me a discount and free installation, but only because they offered; I never demanded that. It never dawned on me to round up my college buddies, who'd think me a lunatic for asking anyway, and get them to make up bogus bad reviews online. I think the shop owner should've collected more than he was awarded. It's hard to regain one's business reputation.

The grammar during the lawn mower case actually made me question myself about conjugation. I asked myself, "Is it bring, brang, brung? God, that doesn't sound right. Isn't it brought?" You know you're hearing horrific grammar when it makes you question your own!

• Love 3

Were both litigants going back and forth on FB?

No. In this case it was only Baby Huey and his little gang, but it brought (brang?) to mind how often we do see men doing the whole, "I know you are, but what am I?" on FB. So distasteful.

You know you're hearing horrific grammar when it makes you question your own!

I know. Spoken or written, it's starting to mess up my mind. Seeing an apostrophe before the last "s" in every word (even in newspaper stories!) and "your" and "you're" constantly mixed up is making me do it too, I swear!

• Love 3

The grammar during the lawn mower case actually made me question myself about conjugation. I asked myself, "Is it bring, brang, brung? God, that doesn't sound right. Isn't it brought?" You know you're hearing horrific grammar when it makes you question your own!

I can understand people with a limited education not understanding the finer points of grammar (to an extent; I pretty much had the rules down after seventh grade, but YMMV), but I've never, ever understood this type of grammatical error.  It takes as much effort to learn that particular wrong conjugation as it would have taken to learn it correctly. 

Were both litigants going back and forth on FB? I thought it was just the plaintiff and his friends. Apparently, he hasn't made any friends since college, which is weird to me but whatever.

I felt like MM was trying to have it both ways in this argument.  First, she said that nobody with any sense would ever look at a FB posting for advice on what business to patronize, but then she agreed with the defendant that his business was damaged by the negative postings.  I think she was just irritated at the juvenile behavior of the plaintiff and his frat buddies, since she didn't require the defendant to prove he'd suffered actual damages.

• Love 5

I don't think those were facebook posting, I think they were probably Yelp postings.

You may be right. When they mentioned that his wife had only "liked" something, I just assumed they were talking about Facebook. But I could be wrong.

You may be right. When they mentioned that his wife had only "liked" something, I just assumed they were talking about Facebook. But I could be wrong.

I didn't think on Yelp that you could tell who's someone's friend.  My impression was that the defendant drilled down on the plaintiff's FB posting to find that the other posters were on his friends list.  And I thought FB was specifically mentioned.  Future litigants:  watch those privacy settings.

Edited by cattykit
  • Love 2

It sounds like the comments were on the company's Facebook page. Thats how the owner was easily able to see that the commenters were friends of the plaintiff-- he could just look at their friends list and see that the plaintiff was on it. Stuff like this happens all the time-- a story spreads about a company possibly doing something wrong and people come out in droves to add their fake reviews. I'm amazed frankly that people still bother reading online reviews when they're so susceptible to manipulation.

• Love 3

When the defendent opened his mouth to speak for the first time I knew he was no good. He saw the plaintiff had all that settlement money from BP and proceeded to have a good time. $2,400 for a strip club on her dime! She was so foolish and if she were on Judge Judy she wouldn't have gotten anything but JM gave her the $2,400 probably because the defendent was so despicable.

The "full of mularkey" Mularkey supposedly has a plane and seven cars but had to borrow her 2006 VW to get to Pennsylvania. It broke down, he tried to fix it by a backyard mechanic and now wants her to pay the mechanic bill for it. JM thanked him for his service, but who goes around with old military medals pinned to his suit jacket. At a VFW function or any other military club or Veteran's Day remembrance I can see it. Mularkey lost his case anyway.

• Love 4

When the defendent opened his mouth to speak for the first time I knew he was no good. He saw the plaintiff had all that settlement money from BP and proceeded to have a good time

This case bugged me way more than the usual pathetic desperate woman trying to buy some guy. Plaintiff was well-spoken, seemed mature and intelligent and acted like the biggest fool around. She hooks up online with that overfed, slimy, oily creep and just can't wait to start paying for him. She hasn't even met the stripper lover before she jumps in his car at 4:a.m.! Like, wtf? How did things get so bad for women that they think this loser is the jackpot? I'm really sorry she got one dime back. She'll probably blow it all on nonsense just as she did her 20K settlement. I bet she learned nothing at all from this fiasco.

but who goes around with old military medals pinned to his suit jacket.

Both of them got on my last nerve. Mouthy def. had to be put into a "sit, stay" to shut her up and plaintiff blames those sneaky Germans who hide water pumps for the fact that he has no clue what the hell he's doing. He's flying a plane? omg...

• Love 4

Oy--today gave me a headache.

First plaintiff:  I wouldn't have given her a cent. She opens a PayPal account for him and then is surprised when he uses it?  What kind of dick starved woman gets in a stranger's car at 4am?  Stays with him for two weeks and then they sign a lease? He was a sleaze, absolutely, but she was a moron first class. And I agree with the poster above--she learned nothing. I  like how she has all this free time--I wonder if she's working yet?

Second case: Hated  then BOTH with more hate going to the nasty, mouthy, crude defendant.  I was hoping MM had Douglas escort her out of the room.  What a nasty, vile woman.

• Love 7

WhitneyWhit, I'll take your word for it, since no way can I watch those two again to see what I missed. I'm sure you're right. Again we have proof positive that in no way does age confer wisdom.

I still have it on my DVR, so I went back and watched for the exact quote. Kurt asked her what her father would have to say about this, and she said "He would have put a bullet in his head" the audience actually gasped. 

• Love 2

Seriously, a woman with such a lethal combination of stupidity and desperation is not long for this world. The defendant just oozed sleaziness, so that makes me think the plaintiff is blind on top of everything else. If she doesn't get some counseling and wake up, then she might pick the wrong guy and end up being the subject of a 48 Hours Mystery. 

The case with the woman berating her late father's friend was a bit cringeworthy.....but then she said that her father would have "put a bullet through his head," I was like.....okay, this just sunk to a really low level. 

• Love 1

Oy--today gave me a headache.

First plaintiff:  I wouldn't have given her a cent. She opens a PayPal account for him and then is surprised when he uses it?  What kind of dick starved woman gets in a stranger's car at 4am?  Stays with him for two weeks and then they sign a lease? He was a sleaze, absolutely, but she was a moron first class. And I agree with the poster above--she learned nothing. I  like how she has all this free time--I wonder if she's working yet?

Second case: Hated  then BOTH with more hate going to the nasty, mouthy, crude defendant.  I was hoping MM had Douglas escort her out of the room.  What a nasty, vile woman.

MM gave her a much longer rope than she deserved. She couldn't control herself one bit. I don't care how old she is, she should've been sent out of the courtroom. I ended up turning it off because I couldn't stand to hear his comments about Germans or her comments about him.

His hatred of Germans should have stopped him from borrowing a VW. My ex's father was still mad at Japanese people for the war, so he would never ride in a Japanese car, which was fine with me because I didn't want him in my car anyway.

• Love 7

The defendant just oozed sleaziness, so that makes me think the plaintiff is blind on top of everything else.

I think he might have actually been dripping oil. Repulsive slug, but he can still get a dumbbitch to foot his bills and pay for his lap dances. Woo hoo!

Kurt asked her what her father would have to say about this, and she said "He would have put a bullet in his head"

Thanks. That's why I missed it. I skip the hallterviews, expecially with litigants as irritating as these two. That woman was just a low/no class, vulgar beast.

• Love 3

Compared to yesterday's outrageous cases the litigants today were kinda boring. One about a plastic fish and the other a delusional upholsterer who did a crappy job and refused to see it or admit to it. She even sued for more money and said that she didn't get the chance to fix it. This after 2 months.

• Love 1

Compared to yesterday's outrageous cases the litigants today were kinda boring. One about a plastic fish and the other a delusional upholsterer who did a crappy job and refused to see it or admit to it. She even sued for more money and said that she didn't get the chance to fix it. This after 2 months.

You already got new cases today?

• Love 1

You already got new cases today?

My Fox affiliate used to have The People's Court at 5 p.m. This season they changed it to 6 a.m. How about that! Good thing I'm an early riser.

Yeah, rcc. You seem to be getting the daily cases at 7:00a.m. You're not related to Levin, are you?:p

No, not related to Levin. If I were I probably wouldn't admit to it though. LOL

• Love 3

Fake fish seller was really smarmy. He might have pulled it off if he hadn't claimed that comparable (apparently real) fish sell for $2900, but plaintiff was also foolish.

Upholstery case - too distracted by the plaintiff's combination of Groucho Marx eyebrows with Donald Trump hair, not a good look.

• Love 5