Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Day 443

• Start Topic

I loved how marissa lights up when she gets an attaboy from Adrian..  Who was the MVP today.. That last segment when he told the pundits to go ahead and say it.. Hit close to home for me as I got into a similar argument and told the guy I was having it with the same thing..... 

Love when dianne chopped down that judge for going after Adrian... They have such a cool relationship... Like really close step-siblings.. They go to bat for each other and are very protective 

Smh at Quinn and Morrello... That poor kid... Lucca gotta get her emotions together about Colin 

• Love 8

In hindsight I don’t understand the point of not showing us Adrian's conversation on the air until his clip went viral. Nothing happened in that scene that mattered later, and they had to show us later how the interview got cut together. When we saw the red light turning on for Adrian's remote appearance, I remembered the West Wing episode where Jed “accidentally” talked into a hot mic.

I like Marissa as an investigator, I like Maia and Lucca being set up as friends some more, I loved Lucca saying Colin knocked her up as a point of argument, and I don’t get why we need to keep seeing Diane hallucinating about Donald Trump.

basically this felt like a process episode. Is this season also going to be 10 episodes? If so, there are only 4 left and I don’t see where the season's coherent storyline is yet. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm so glad this show moved away from Maia's father's storyline.  At first I didn't take this show seriously whatsoever.  But I think this season I've really been enjoying myself.  Nice to see Greta Lee (playing Amber Wood-Lutz) and Nice to see Evan Handler (playing another lawyer - Harry Goldenblatt from Sex and the City).

Delroy Lindo has always deserved a project like this, and he's really proving that.  I love how Diane  works with Adrian.  It's when the show delves into the less interesting characters that I get bored.  I guess I include Maia and Audra McDonald in that.  But we'll see how the next few weeks go.  So far so good.

The show pretends to be so woke about race so it's funny to give Amber two non-Asian last names.  I'd like to see at least one, for goodness sakes.  The actor is fully Korean, I know that for fact.  No point having her play somebody who isn't.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

riprock: The last TV appearance I did was exactly like Adrian's opening one: sitting in a scruffy cupboard with a camera and I think a monitor in the lower corner. It was *awful* - bare, soulless, and really hard to talk personally to the audience or the person interviewing you. Even if you're using to doing TV, it's really hard to be relaxed and comfortable and say what you came to say.

A lot of TV is like this now. The last TV interview I did, the presenter sat in the middle of a studio at a desk, and was just being fed a constant stream of copy and teleprompter and guests, and it just goes on like that for hours in isolation until they're swapped out for a replacement. Twenty years ago, it was a lot more fun.

• Love 2

What is going on with Diane's husband? I know she had a couple daliances with the other guy but I thought her husband was insisting for them to live together again. Did I miss a scene where she told him about the other guy or something? 

• Love 1
On 10.4.2018 at 4:31 AM, TVbitch said:

What is going on with Diane's husband? I know she had a couple daliances with the other guy but I thought her husband was insisting for them to live together again. Did I miss a scene where she told him about the other guy or something? 

Nope. There wasn't any follow-up to that. I suppose the current status quo is that she's keeping her ONS from him and he's back in off-screen-ville with Amy and Maia's parents. Which is a way of writing for these secondary characters that's really starting to get on my nerves. It's not that I miss Maia's egomaniac parents, but would it kill them to include a line or two about whether or not Lenore's now out of jail and if Maia's keeping in touch, for example? It seems oddly careless how characters like Kurt, Amy, Lenore and Henry, etc. just disappear for half a season with the show then completely ignoring their entire existence.

• Love 3
On 4/9/2018 at 9:07 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm so glad this show moved away from Maia's father's storyline.  At first I didn't take this show seriously whatsoever.  But I think this season I've really been enjoying myself.  Nice to see Greta Lee (playing Amber Wood-Lutz) and Nice to see Evan Handler (playing another lawyer - Harry Goldenblatt from Sex and the City).

Delroy Lindo has always deserved a project like this, and he's really proving that.  I love how Diane  works with Adrian.  It's when the show delves into the less interesting characters that I get bored.  I guess I include Maia and Audra McDonald in that.  But we'll see how the next few weeks go.  So far so good.

The show pretends to be so woke about race so it's funny to give Amber two non-Asian last names.  I'd like to see at least one, for goodness sakes.  The actor is fully Korean, I know that for fact.  No point having her play somebody who isn't.

I do like Delroy Lindo a whole lot in this show. And I've always been Team Diane because I just love the character and Christine Baranski herself. For me, Maia is a weak link. Audra McDonald is great. I'm interested to see where they take her character. But I'm disappointed that Barbara left before we got to see more about her. 

I won't get into the idea of a Korean race because that's a whole separate subject. I will say, though, that the actor's Korean heritage and the character's ethnicity/heritage are two distinct things. And even if the character is of Korean heritage, there are plenty of reasons for a character of Korean heritage to have two non-Korean last names. 

• Love 3

As an Asian person I just appreciate seeing Asian representation onscreen, and to me it would be nice to see an Asian last name represented, that's all.  To each his or her own.  There's a lot of race-blind casting going on, which is nice and all, but even better than that is to have fully fleshed out characters of different races where the last name lends itself to that as well.  It doesn't always have to happen of course, but once in awhile, is nice.  I myself am an Asian person with a non-Asian last name so of course I am aware that it happens. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I would have thought that in order to sue somebody (at least with any chance of success), you'd need to prove a probable link between what they said and the arson. Since the plaintiff didn't know who did it (since it was the Defence that found her) it seemed like a long shot to definitively pin it on the website, when it was public information. Plus it's a bad idea if you don't want to be known as a Nazi, to go into a courtroom where it's inevitably going to be mentioned!

Thought Luca's handling of her pregnancy was probably the best she could do. I'm not sure when it became public info, but if Colin told his mother, I'd bank on it being all over town 20 minutes later (10 if she was drunk at the time)!

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, MSterling said:

is Amber Wood-Lutz dressed like a character in an anime high school uniform with her first outfit on the episode?

I thought that too! Maybe it is the over-sexualisation of Japanese schoolgirl imagery in Anime, but that was exactly where my mind went.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Nice to see Greta Lee (playing Amber Wood-Lutz) and Nice to see Evan Handler (playing another lawyer - Harry Goldenblatt from Sex and the City).

Not to mention Judge Bebe Neuwirth (Lilith Crane from Frasier).

Edited by John Potts
Wrong name!
On 2018-04-20 at 4:08 PM, John Potts said:

Thought Maya's handling of her pregnancy was probably the best she could do. I'm not sure when it became public info, but if Colin told his mother, I'd bank on it being all over town 20 minutes later (10 if she was drunk at the time)!

I thought that too! Maybe it is the over-sexualisation of Japanese schoolgirl imagery in Anime, but that was exactly where my mind went.

Not to mention Judge Bebe Neuwirth (Lilith Crane from Frasier).

Luca is the pregnant lawyer. Maya is engaged to her girlfriend.

Yes, that is definitely an anime type of outfit. Fun to wear if you're going out to a comic con or even a bar, but hardly appropriate in a conservative environment as a courtroom.

Yay, it was nice to see Bebe again. I used to see her in films frequently, but it's been a while. Although maybe that's more to do with my seldom watching movies anymore. Anyway, she is great in whatever medium I've seen her, even if they are usually small roles.

• Love 2

The woman who testified that she burned down the house...So, was she tried and convicted? In which case, why didn't the plaintiff lawyer know about her? Or, if not, she just confessed to arson, so she's going to be in jail soon. Why would she testify to that?

That last scene was excellent.

A friend said that those of us who got the cheap two months with Paramount, could then watch The Good Fight, last year. I started, but I wasn't in the mood for it. I'm really enjoying it, this time. 

• Love 1