Type keyword(s) to search

Hopes and Fears: How Will We Survive This Island? (Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers)

quarks
  • Start Topic

I'm seriously sick of the term "pandering".

Especially because 99% of the time it's used in regards to Felicity or Olicity. I don't even really think there is such thing as fan pandering because at the end of the day the EPs/writers are going to do what they want to do.

Edited by drspaceman10
  • Love 2

Well, to be fair it still could be considered fan pandering as the intensity of the Felictiy/Olicity fanbase definitely played a part in her joining Oliver and Diggle's team

That really doesn't add up with the production dates. Audiences first saw Felicity on October 24, 2012, so that's the earliest anyone could have 'shipped Felicity/Oliver. Looking at prep and shooting dates, at that point, Vertigo had already been written, and Betrayal and The Odyssey had to at least have been already broken. These were all Sweeps episodes, they are the ones that require careful planning because that's when the juicy stuff happens. So the decision to make Felicity a member of Team Arrow happened before audiences saw a single second of her onscreen.

• Love 7

What makes it pandering is that they inserted a moment between them when it wasn't needed and often just stuck out like a sore thumb. 

Really? Point out one scene between Emily & Stephen which was there for fan pandering and is not part of the whole storyline. The only scene that I can think of which you anyone could consider superfluous is the one where she put the mask on him for the first time in ep2x09. In my opinion, that is actually an important story point. She is the first person to call him a hero on the show and then helped him become one. I think it was fitting that she put it on him. I cannot even think of any other scene with her which can be construed as 'inserted' and was not part of the main story.

I can point out many scenes with KC which were not part of the narrative and were inserted for contractual obligations only, for instance her only scene in Deathstroke.  She went to see Brother Blood before the mayoral debate to wish him luck and it was totally unnecessary. No one needed that scene and it did nothing for the storyline but KC's contract must have stipulated that she has to appear in at least 'n' number of episodes, hence that scene. Every scene that Emily was in was related to the main story.

• Love 1

Everything on the show is pandering to me. This is why I'm trying to take the word in a positive light. This is a 'fan-driven' show anyways so the writers are going to go with what work. And obviously Felicity/Oliver work. But my main issue with the word 'pandering' is that it's only used concerning romance and nothing else about the show. We don't see bringing Harley Quinn in as pandering to the comic fans or bringing Ra's Al Ghul to the show (who is obviously a villain for Batman). So it's okay for Ra's Al Ghul (who clearly isn't a villain in GA, but is a super popular villain) to be Oliver's nemesis on the show but not for Felicity to be with Oliver? It's just ridiculous imo. If you want to cry 'fan-pandering', do so with every aspect of the show and not just the romance. Otherwise people set a major double standard and it's not fair to the relationship or the people who support the relationship. 

I agree with @wingster55 that some of the moments between Oliver/Felicity can be considered superfluous (aka "please save Oliver), but those moments don't come along as often as people think. People tend to hold onto the negative stuff, thus when something like that happens again, they cry foul when it's actually not true. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Pointing out the moments where KC was inserted in an ep awkwardly doesn't refute my point of Felicity. 

he went to see Brother Blood before the mayoral debate to wish him luck and it was totally unnecessary.

Actually that one was a bit necessary I think. 

And yea..Harley was a total fan pander. I think that's been acknowledged as such. 

@wingster55, I'm just saying, if people want to use the 'fan pandering' card, they better use it on every aspect of the show instead of the romance because then they're just being hypocritical (not saying that about you. Just the word in general). Let's just say there've been SO MANY fan pandering moments. Some of the Laurel bits are her with the Bow/Arrow, Laurel 'saving' Oliver when it was clear he could've saved himself with the exploding arrow. Felicity also has fan pandering moments and Digg as well. This show is just full on fan pander. It wouldn't have existed if GA weren't all that popular. Just sayin'

Also I apologize profusely for bringing back the dark and difficult time all us RF fans went through also known as Wimbledon. I've been following him for about 11 years and it just sucks to see him fight back so hard on the fourth set only to lose in the fifth :( HOLD ME. 

• Love 2

Felicity's entire existence on this show can be explained away as fan pandering if someone's desperate enough to do it, since she originally wasn't supposed to be more than a bit player in the first place.

Or, we can call it what it actually is: a happy accident. This would be the worst creative team in the world if they saw a spark (in any part of the story) and didn't explore it. Stories change as they're told, it's actually a thing, and it probably happens on more shows than we realize. Entertainment isn't created in a bubble - it's these people's JOB to write a show that people want to tune into, and that includes grabbing hold of a character and/or situation that's resonating with their audience.

If they were putting these Oliver/Felicity moments in with absolutely no intent on exploring any kind of romantic connection between them because there's a vocal Olicity fanbase that they need to appeal to - that's pandering. If they're putting them in as part of a larger arc to show character-building moments of trust and deepening connection? It's NOT PANDERING. I mean, we can debate how it fit or how it could've been integrated better, but its existence as part of a larger arc isn't pandering.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
wingster55, I'm just saying, if people want to use the 'fan pandering' card, they better use it on every aspect of the show instead of the romance because then they're just being hypocritical (not saying that about you. Just the word in general). Let's just say there've been SO MANY fan pandering moments. Some of the Laurel bits are her with the Bow/Arrow, Laurel 'saving' Oliver when it was clear he could've saved himself with the exploding arrow. Felicity also has fan pandering moments and Digg as well. This show is just full on fan pander. It wouldn't have existed if GA weren't all that popular. Just sayin'

That's fair. Yea it does apply to others. In all..sometimes it works and doesn't disrupt the flow...and sometimes it does. 

Also I apologize profusely for bringing back the dark and difficult time all us RF fans went through also known as Wimbledon. I've been following him for about 11 years and it just sucks to see him fight back so hard on the fourth set only to lose in the fifth :( HOLD ME.

I've been following him since 05 and I was so, so hoping he got #8. I have hope it'll happen..I'm just glad he's back to form...2013 was very hard to watch. Additionally, schedule permitting, I'll be able to see him live at the US Open. 

Edited by wingster55

Let me preface this by saying it doesn't matter to me who Oliver dates as long as their relationship doesn't hinder his journey towards becoming Green Arrow. To me, the following is pretty much with a few variations the way I see Green Arrow, glad Buzzfeed made this list: http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/reasons-green-arrow-is-dcs-most-under-appreciated-charact. I didn't see anything wrong with Felicity putting the mask on him, I didn't see who else besides Oliver would have made sense to have put the mask on him; she got him the mask and never doubted his heroism. Oliver didn't see himself as a hero until the finale so, IMHO it had to be someone that truly believed in him and had never put him in the "murderer" category.

I hope that Oliver's journey towards becoming that snarky, family oriented, well rounded yet still very human and flawed hero isn't reduced to just one aspect, who he dates. However, as a fan, I will understand that there will be focus on that, my view towards it will be more of a: how will so and so help him become the man he needs to be.

• Love 4

@willpwr, I wish everyone had your mindset. Some are deadset on canon, some are deadset on a certain ship... Why are we trying to make the writers/EPs paint themselves into a corner? That's why I'm fearful of what will happen (HIMYM syndrome as I like to call it).

People are suddenly saying that this show is becoming the Olicity show when it's just not true at all because they're essentially ignoring all of the other spoilers concerning Thea, Ray, Roy, Digg, Ra's, Malcolm, Laurel, and Sara. This show will never be centered around romance and I'm happy that it isn't. But I suppose 5-10 (for the premier alone because I suppose the date will take up a couple of minutes) minutes out of 42 is too much? 

Obviously the EPs are going to do what's right for the show, so why can't we just ignore or enjoy one little aspect of the show? Why are relationships so important? I guess it's because we're human and Oliver's relationships are supposedly the only thing that makes him relateable? IDK. 

But what I do know is that I'm pretty tired of the arguments against Felicity/EBR/and to a certain extent, Olicity because from what I've read, they're just all grasping at straws. But hey, that's their opinion and I should respect it. i guess people just have trouble going with the flow because the amount of expectations they have for it. 

Also, I feel some of the Felicity scenes were put there as an afterthought because they had to have her say at least something in the episode, therefore it comes out as sort of forced. Hopefully Felicity will be better integrated into the plot this season so she'll have more lines and less forceful lines. 

ETA: I think I just word vomited all over this post. I apologize for anyone who actually took the time to read it because it makes no sense at all :p

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

It made perfect sense to me @wonderwall Especially this part

People are suddenly saying that this show is becoming the Olicity show when it's just not true at all because they're essentially ignoring all of the other spoilers concerning Thea, Ray, Roy, Digg, Ra's, Malcolm, Laurel, and Sara. This show will never be centered around romance and I'm happy that it isn't. But I suppose 5-10 (for the premier alone because I suppose the date will take up a couple of minutes) minutes out of 42 is too much?

I don't care if Oliver dates Felicity, Laurel, Sara, or random girl number 7. It's not what the show is about and not why I watch. If they tried to make this a romance drama or something I would probably stop watching. Not because I am opposed to those types of shows, I like them fine, it's just not the point of Arrow and IMO would ruin the show if they tried to make it one. The problem is, for some (by no means all, or even most) shippers, the relationship is the only thing they care about in the show and a few will violently oppose anything not related to it, especially if it is another relationship. If you don't like Oliver and Felicity, or Oliver and Laurel or whoever, just close your eyes for a minute while they're on screen together then get back to the parkour and fighting.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

Thanks @KirkB :) 

What I care most about the the show is the flow of it. It would anger me if Oliver reverted back to his season 1 self  to serve the purpose of the plot, if Oliver and Laurel got back together (I am only against this relationship because I would lose respect for Laurel and Oliver if they ever did get back together because of their past... Sorry :/ If the show wants to have a sense of realism, I can't believe any woman would get back with a man who cheated on them with their sister... I wouldn't mind if he got back with Sara or anyone else though), or have Digg murder someone without proper justification again to serve the purpose of the plot. Flow is very important to me as a TV watcher. Things need to make sense in order for me to enjoy the show. It's not just Wham bam thank you ma'am for this viewer (although the fight scenes are what make Arrow special).

I wish people would let go of comics and let the Arrow writers build their own, fresh world. I say this because some things in the comics just don't work on screen.  If you want canon then read the comics. 

Edited by wonderwall

Hey gang, again I must insist, you talk about the show, not how great or dumb fans opinions of the show are. Period. End of thought. Stop harping on various fan groups. It's not on topic, it isn't relevant to the show. It's alienating other posters, it's rude. Done. 

• Love 1

For me, the show begins and ends with Stephen Amell and Oliver Queen/Green Arrow. IMO, the showrunners and writers and actors have done a damn good job making sure that the focus never leaves Oliver Queen no matter how many DC easter eggs or side characters or supporting characters or love interests they give him, the show IMO won't and IMO never should move from being all about Oliver Queen and his journey to being the Green Arrow.  Every character is in Oliver's orbit and IMO that is how it should be.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Every character is in Oliver's orbit and IMO that is how it should be.

And that is exactly why I have no time for Laurel's journey to being a hero/BC. I am interested in Oliver's journey.

I really doubt the show will lose focus with being too romantic. I mean there was a triangle in season 1 that made me think "huh what triangle?" I'm giving the writers and EPs a chance. They have some really interesting (potentially) storylines going on so I look forward to them.

• Love 1

I have a question for the people in the forum.

I think most of us would agree that the Arrow writers do not have the best track record of writing love interests.

We know what happened to that character of one Laurel Lance.

Sara, though still cool, was infinitely cooler before episode 2x14 when she became the love interest and acted out of character for most part of the duration she was the love interest (She was drowning in guilt when we first met her but then she rubbed her boyfriend on her sister's face, the patronizing way she talked to Felicity in 2x14 and called her out on leather jacket still rankles me, okay).  

We have been lead to believe that Felicity and Oliver may not be together in season 3, but she will be the lone love interest of our tortured hero. Do you guys think that the writers will stay true to the Felicity we have come to know and love or will they make her OOC because she is now the object of affection of the male protagonist?

I think Felicity's the only one with a chance, and that's because their intention for her this season is to fill out her character. And also because she was already Oliver's love interest last season, despite not getting together, and that didn't ruin her. I'm more concerned that damage will be done to the O/F relationship as it currently exists, but even for that I have faith in the writers.

Maybe I'll be concerned when they actually allow them to be together. Like, one possibility: they reconcile on all this stuff at the season finale and have a big romantic moment, and then the writers insist on having five months pass over the hiatus. So when we see them again, they're all settled in and established in their relationship and all the life is sucked out of it. (See Bones and Booth, for one example.) Not that that would for sure happen, but I would have concerns about it. And then I could see them getting lazy about developing Felicity, but I still doubt it because she's effectively the female lead at this point, and I imagine the writers love writing for her because she's fun.

Also, the dynamic they've created for her and Oliver allows for conflict between them, while still maintaining the relationship. I think once a character becomes a yes-man for the other, or when they exist only as a tool to goose the development of the other, that's when things get rough. And I just don't see that happening for Felicity.

(I should also say that I don't actually think Sara was weakened or ruined by being with Oliver. I think ToD was bad for everyone except Diggle who kicked ass as always, so I almost don't want to hold it against any of them. :) The only thing I saw as being majorly OOC was her happiness to rejoin the LoA, and maybe even getting back together with Nyssa. That I saw as more in service of Laurel than of Oliver, so....)

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 5

Oh yes, it's my biggest fear. I don't trust these writers one bit , so I'm afraid of them turning Felicity into a 100% plot-driven character like they did with Sara. Because that was my biggest beef with the writing for Sara -- I don't even think she was written out of character, I think they stopped writing Sara AS a character, and only ever used her to advance other characters' plots.

I do think they have a better handle on Felicity's character than they ever had with Laurel and Sara, so I don't think they can get away with giant retcons like they did with the Lance sisters [for one thing I really believe EBR would question anything hinky], but the potential for plot-driven shenanigans is what gives me nightmares.

• Love 8

Given these EPs and their delusion of the great love that was Oliver/Laurel, the opportunity to screw this up is huge. When I remember MG talking about how they want Oliver and Laurel to get together and than apart and then together because of the Moonlighting Curse, and think of them applying that to Oliver/Felicity, I get nightmares.

I think that along with EBR's willingness to fight for her character, the thing that may save Felicity is that she is a fan favourite and a reason for many to watch the show, and Team Arrow (O/D/F) is an even bigger reason.  It would be shooting themselves in the foot to ruin with that. 

Maybe I'll be concerned when they actually allow them to be together. Like, one possibility: they reconcile on all this stuff at the season finale and have a big romantic moment, and then the writers insist on having five months pass over the hiatus. So when we see them again, they're all settled in and established in their relationship and all the life is sucked out of it. (See Bones and Booth, for one example.) Not that that would for sure happen, but I would have concerns about it. And then I could see them getting lazy about developing Felicity, but I still doubt it because she's effectively the female lead at this point, and I imagine the writers love writing for her because she's fun.

The bolded part is why I'm not too worried. I think it was Guggenheim(?) at one point who said that they view Felicity as essentially the character who represents the audience (i.e. a bit of a Greek chorus-type person) and that's one of the main reasons why they love writing for her so much. She says exactly what they would be yelling at the screen.  I just can't see them giving up their opportunity--through her--to drop hilarious truth bombs at the other Arrow characters.  Sure she's a fan favorite, but I get the feeling that the EPs have a particular fondness of her even beyond that.  I think if it came down to it, they would sacrifice Olicity before they ruined Felicity.

Yes, I agree. The producers seem to have a real fondness for Felicity themselves (it helps that she is their creation) so hopefully that also will protect her.

(On the other hand, Andrew Marlowe's fondness for Beckett and Castle didn't prevent him from messing them up for three seasons so my fingers are still crossed.)

Because she has always been a bit of an audience substitute and because Felicity's background has been kept back for so long, I think that there have been certain character traits, especially in fan fiction, that people associate with Felicity they may be disabused. So now that they are finally fleshing out her backstory things may not mesh well with what is shown and what is in our heads. Exhibit A: Felicity's apartment.

Considering that start of season 1 Laurel, as female lead and love interest, had her own sets, a friend/confidant, family and backstory fleshed out. I want to see the some of the same for Felicity. I'm really excited to be getting some of these things soon. What I'm not keen on seeing is the conflict/URST between Oliver and Felicity caused by a love triangle,

this is why I'm not that interested in Ray Palmer

or any other artificial reason for them to be kept apart. I've never minded the "because of the life that I lead" excuse because I see that more about Oliver's mental state and ability to be a committed partner, than it's too dangerous for Oliver to be with Felicity.

I've always viewed Season 2 as Felicity = Love Interest, so I think they can get it right. The 1st half of the season 2 was TV perfection IMO, but @dancingnancy is right, it hard to trust the writers fully, because we have seen them get some thing so so wrong and the 2nd half really slumped. But the finale got it oh so right. Letting Felicity be instrumental in taking down Slade was fantastic because they managed, to turn in it  head, the comic trope of Love Interest = DiD.

@statsgirl I hate the moonlighting curse excuse.

• Love 8

I'm not really worried about Felicity being 'reduced' to a plot driven love interest. Why? I guess you'd have to evaluate the difference between the three characters. To me it all leads down to purpose. Felicity as an individual has more purpose to the story than Sara or Laurel. Sara was only put in season 2 as a complication and Laurel was there just to be Oliver's love interest (because let's be real, she had zero purpose in the first 2 seasons). 

Beyond her relationship with Oliver, she has an obligation to Team Arrow, and hopefully in season 3, we'll see her life outside of the team. Felicity will always be in the middle of the action, even when she doesn't speak you see her in the background, you see her purpose and her importance to the team as you can see her furiously working on something or just talking with Digg or someone... So I don't think the writers are going to let Felicity lose that. Will she be damseled more? Probably. I hope not. But it would make sense because Felicity doesn't really have a lot of physical strength and it's pretty much an occupational hazard. 

Anyways, the problem with Laurel was that the writers didn't know what to do with her, whereas with Felicity they seem to have a clear idea for her path. In season 3 Guggenheim specifically stated that they're all going to be going through an identity crisis. Felicity's identity crisis would be "am I just Oliver's love interest or am I my own person" or something like that. This is what gives me hope because they're not going to simply ask that question only to have her be just Oliver's love interest. 

• Love 1

My biggest fear in seeing Olicity happen was the writers would muck it up. I'm already fearful of what I'm hearing about S3. The early part of the season will be a good indicator if I'm hopping off the Arrow Express or not. Although my reasons won't strictly be Olicity, but they were a fun aspect I enjoyed. If the writers make them a typical CW couple I will be gone faster than Barry.

• Love 2

My biggest fear in seeing Olicity happen was the writers would muck it up. I'm already fearful of what I'm hearing about S3. The early part of the season will be a good indicator if I'm hopping off the Arrow Express or not. Although my reasons won't strictly be Olicity, but they were a fun aspect I enjoyed. If the writers make them a typical CW couple I will be gone faster than Barry.

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of Olicity and didn't want them to get together because I think the writers will mess it up. I liked the funny aspect of their relationship and theur banter/friendship. I'm afraid that will go away if they put them together for "drama" and "angst". That's why I was hoping that if they had to put them together, they would wait until later (like season 5 lol). But since they seem to be doing it this season, I'll be optimistic. 

• Love 1

I don't think the writers would deliberately mess up Felicity. But ....

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of Olicity and didn't want them to get together because I think the writers will mess it up. I liked the funny aspect of their relationship and theur banter/friendship. I'm afraid that will go away if they put them together for "drama" and "angst". 

The problem is that it will go away anyway if they don't put them together.  From Bones to Castle to NCIS, the TV landscape is littered with couples that lost their spark because they were kept apart for too long.  For some, like Bones and Castle, they recovered. Others didn't and what was great about them withered and died, especially if either or both of the couple got other love interests.

For me, the question is whether the EPs recognize what makes Felicity and Olicity work. Given their inability to understand what the problems with Laurel are and why the addiction arc wasn't a huge success for the character, and MG's reference to the Moonlighting Curse (like Genki, I hate it and what it has done to a number of TV shows), I don't think they do get it.   One of the reasons I think Felicity has worked is because they often use her as a grace note, either humorously or to motivate Oliver.  Put the spotlight on her, and it gets harder.

However, I will remain hopeful unless I see it tank.

• Love 3

Aaaaah you guys are worrying me about Olicity! I really want them to work!

I've not been worried about Felicity because I think EBR elevates even the worst material. She's had some terrible awkward clunky lines - especially those where she's rambling - when if it was anyone else I'd switch off the TV but somehow, she makes it work. She's a joy to watch even when she's barely on screen. Plus this season she's getting her own storyline. If she was just relegated to 'love interest' they wouldn't be bringing in her mom or giving her any flashbacks. She'd just be with Oliver all the time. They seem to be crafting her into something more. I hope so anyway. I think her popularity and the EP's not wanting to ruin that will work in her favor. Fingers crossed!

And I haven't been worried about putting Olicity together because they're not going to be together yet.

I doubt they'll get together properly until late s3 or even the start of s4. I've been more worried about Ray and his impact tbh because the writers don't have a good track record with writing romance and love triangles.

As wonderful as Olicity is I don't think it was planned for so it will be interesting to see how they work now that they are actually being planned for.

Edited by SilverStormm
Spoiler tagged

And I haven't been worried about putting Olicity together because they're not going to be together yet. I doubt they'll get together properly until late s3 or even the start of s4. I've been more worried about Ray and his impact tbh because the writers don't have a good track record with writing romance and love triangles. As wonderful as Olicity is I don't think it was planned for so it will be interesting to see how they work now that they are actually being planned for.

I already don't like Ray because he is an "obstacle" to Olicity like Sara was. I know many want Felicity to have options but I don't believe she does. You don't have options when 18-20 hours of your day and consumed with work and supporting a vigilante. Unless Ray and Felicity are sexing it up on his desk, the relationship is doomed from the start unless she leaves Team Arrow.

If they have Felicity leave TA, I think the writers will need wit sec.

I will be watching

Ray and Felicity

just waiting for Olicity.

Edited by SilverStormm
Spoilers tagged
  • Love 2
The problem is that it will go away anyway if they don't put them together.  From Bones to Castle to NCIS, the TV landscape is littered with couples that lost their spark because they were kept apart for too long.

Maybe I'm not understanding..but you're saying the friendship will go away...if they don't date? 

Maybe I'm not understanding..but you're saying the friendship will go away...if they don't date? 

I think that she's implying that at some point, all the banter between Oliver/Felicity will get old and boring because it'll be the same old thing every week. So it won't be that the writers will mess it up, it'll be that the audience will get bored of it. Oliver/Felicity's relationship will have to change at one point in order to keep that dynamic interesting. So I'm all for them following through with their narrative. 

• Love 2

That's like saying any male-female friendship can't last. 

I think that they can disprove this with: Digg/Felicity, Roy/Felicity (pls pls pls), Oliver/Laurel, Oliver/Sara... Why is it that Oliver/Felicity have to stay friends when there are plenty of other friendships? :p I just want them to be together, so don't listen to me lol

Shhhhh let me have this :p 

Also I think this topic is veering off Felicity talk and more relationship talk. Shall we take this to the Relationships thread? :)

• Love 1

I already don't like Ray because he is an "obstacle" to Olicity like Sara was. I know many want Felicity to have options but I don't believe she does. You don't have options when 18-20 hours of your day and consumed with work and supporting a vigilante. Unless Ray and Felicity are sexing it up on his desk, the relationship is doomed from the start unless she leaves Team Arrow. If they have Felicity leave TA, I think the writers will need wit sec.

I will be watching Ray and Felicity just waiting for Olicity.

Replied in Relationships thread. :D

So I just FINALLY put myself on the spoiler free train.  I bailed without watching the ten minute clip of the show.  Ten minutes.  Between that and ALL the spoilers would there be much left to discover next week?  So here I am, hiding from the spoiler section.  It will be interesting to see how long I can stay away.  Certainly through the season opener but after that...

I guess it will depend on how scared the show makes me when it does the stuff it is going to do. 

So I just FINALLY put myself on the spoiler free train.  I bailed without watching the ten minute clip of the show.  Ten minutes.  Between that and ALL the spoilers would there be much left to discover next week?  So here I am, hiding from the spoiler section.  It will be interesting to see how long I can stay away.  Certainly through the season opener but after that...

I guess it will depend on how scared the show makes me when it does the stuff it is going to do. 

what are you serious there's a 10 minute clip of the show? I only saw a one minute clip. 

And yeah I think from now on I'm staying in this thread. Even though it's a lot less active. I want to be surprised about somethings. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

what are you serious there's a 10 minute clip of the show? I

I don't dare go back in and double check.  I thought it said ten minutes. I could be wrong but it took a lot for me not to click it the first time around so I'm staying away.  :)

yeah, between all the trailers, clips, sneak peaks and previews, we can pretty much come up with the time line of events as they take place during the season premier. While I am all for some interesting random spoilers here and there, they have given away almost everything. I would've preferred to not have been spoiled that Olicity kiss for instance.

I just hope that the episode lives up to all that hype. Season 2A was excellent with pacing the story and action, I hope they maintain or surpass that in season 3.

• Love 1

in responds to:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/16022-s03e01-the-calm/page-5#entry451438

Is it possible that Felicity Smoak history, her origins concerns Waller and ARGUS or HIVE without her even knowing it?

is it possible that while in college she somehow helped a stranded Oliver.

I mean, if during his time as Waller puppy he went on missions he probably needed a "eye in the sky" person. it is possible that at the time that person was Felicity without neither of them realizing it, at least not Oliver until he came back and was able to piece the pieces.

- maybe Waller didn't have that team of tech people we saw in S02 yet.

Anyway before he met her in 103 he viewed everyone as targets, threats, and probably pawns too, in/for his plan.

i think you may be right. there maybe a pre-show working history we are unaware of.

I don't want Oliver and Felicity to have any kind of pre-island history, but if they do, then it better be one that neither one of them is/was aware of. I can only take so many plot contrivances on a show, and this one is reaching its limit.

• Love 2

So is it too much too hope that Laurel was the one that killed Sara? But I guess she wouldn't have had enough time get from the roof to where Sara landed.  Unless she shot her from a distance and then jumped to the ground. I know I know. 

To ease the pain, I'll touch on something shallow:

So, in the next version of the Black Canary costume, I hope they incorporate the fishnets that is one of the defining features.

To ease the pain, I'll touch on something shallow:

So, in the next version of the Black Canary costume, I hope they incorporate the fishnets that is one of the defining features.

Sara's costume had fishnets - they were just incorporated into the pants.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

You think fishnets will ease the pain? Please. No.  It will be the single most stupid thing this show will ever do. Aside from killing Felicity or Diggle.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1