Type keyword(s) to search

Hopes and Fears: How Will We Survive This Island? (Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers)

quarks
  • Start Topic

I've pretty much hated every sex scene Oliver's been in, especially the Lances because I didn't agree with any of them. Eyes rolling every time. Felicity's (probable) sex scene with Ray will be interesting. If I cry during it I'm writing a strongly worded letter to the CW.

The love scene between Oliver and Felicity better be damn good.

Yeah, I have no worries about John Diggle. That character is beloved in the Arrow world, both TV and comics. They're going to be stupid insane if they touch him. If moving him in a poster created that much backlash, can you imagine the wrath that will rain down on the show if they drop him? So, yeah, no worries :)

yeah...Sara was beloved too. I just don't like that the last scene of the Premiere was supposed to say he's leaving the team. It doesn't really make sense. I feel it's going to come back in play in the future. We'll see :/

At least in my experience (though YMMV) the gift exchange for (Jewish) adults usually happens on New Year's, and that's the bigger family celebration day. People maybe get together for Xmas (dinner, movie, etc) but gifts aren't usually exchanged, and unless there are kids involved, Hanukkah isn't a big deal and adults don't really get together for it. Maybe you light the Menorah and make some latkas and applesauce for dinner one of the nights, but it's really low-key. Tbh, if you're actually going to celebrate it with people, Hanukkah's about good fortune, so ime it's not unusual to do things like play dreidel for gelt or to play other games as the big "event" of the evening. It would be fun imo if Felicity did something like invited everyone over for an Eighth Night poker tournament, but with gelt instead of chips, though ;).

Whenever Felicity being Jewish comes up, I always think about how there's at least a teeny tiny silver lining to Moira dying before Olicity could happen. I'm sure they would have played Moira as being ~totally okay~ with it, because they even played her as ~totally okay~ with Thea dating Roy, the unemployed orphan who Thea met while he was stealing her purse, but ibr there is just no way that Moira wouldn't be spinning in her grave like a fucking dreidel herself at Olicity. Not just for that reason, but I'm sure that wouldn't help!

It's my experience too. Until it became popular on TV, Hanukkah never been that big of a deal.

yeah...Sara was beloved too. I just don't like that the last scene of the Premiere was supposed to say he's leaving the team. It doesn't really make sense. I feel it's going to come back in play in the future. We'll see :/

But how beloved is she really? This is something I've been thinking about recently. I'm not a huge fan of the character but I thought she'd be safe, at least for a while, because people love her. I know she's huge online. That's why even with all the death watches, I still thought the show would find a way to make Laurel BC without antagonizing Sara's fanbase.

But I recently had dinner with some friends, men and women, who also watch "Arrow" but are not active online about it. They don't follow interviews, spoilers, announcements — nothing. I expected them to be up in arms about her killing because I knew they were OK with her. And I was really shocked that they weren't. They were upset that she died but not because of Sara herself, but because it meant Laurel was taking on the BC mantle. And I've gotten the same reaction from other people, also not online. That made me wonder whether the EPs had info/data that made them think offing Sara was worth the gamble. I still don't see what was gained by it, replacing a much more viable Black Canary with a problematic one. (I'm not saying my "survey" is even remotely scientific, it just made me wonder)

But back to Diggle, when I asked about him, the unanimous reaction was "Don't touch, Diggle, I will kill you." Several chopsticks were pointed menacingly toward me. If there's one character that is universally beloved on "Arrow," I think that's Diggle. That's why I think Diggle is relatively safe. Now, watch me be totally wrong when he gets gunned down after the winter finale or something *sigh*

Now, about that scene in the premiere, I think it's just supposed to set up the difference between Diggle and Oliver. Diggle has family he wants to protect. He can no longer take the same risks as before. But Diggle is a grown man and he manages to reconcile his new roles without too much drama. That's why he's able to return to the team. Oliver faces similar challenges; he also wants a life but he doesn't know how to go about having it. Diggle is supposed to, by example, show him the way, I guess.

(Mods, is this OK here? I'm not sure if it should go to another thread. It didn't seem to fit other thread descriptions)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

But how beloved is she really? This is something I've been thinking about recently. I'm not a huge fan of the character but I thought she'd be safe, at least for a while, because people love her. I know she's huge online.

Personally, I wasn't particularly attached to Sara (although I did like her and her origin story), although I was attached to what her presence meant, which was the hope that I wouldn't have to watch Laurel fail her way into becoming a vigilante/hero/whatever.

• Love 4

I liked Sara,  As a person, she was someone I could see spending time with and I liked her friendship with Felicity.  There aren't enough (not any now) female friendships on the show and those two were believable

But the biggest reason I miss her is that as long as Sara was around being awesome, there was hope that Laurel would remain a lawyer and become another character like Manhunter.

• Love 5

But how beloved is she really? This is something I've been thinking about recently. I'm not a huge fan of the character but I thought she'd be safe, at least for a while, because people love her. I know she's huge online. That's why even with all the death watches, I still thought the show would find a way to make Laurel BC without antagonizing Sara's fanbase.

Now, about that scene in the premiere, I think it's just supposed to set up the difference between Diggle and Oliver. Diggle has family he wants to protect. He can no longer take the same risks as before. But Diggle is a grown man and he manages to reconcile his new roles without too much drama. That's why he's able to return to the team. Oliver faces similar challenges; he also wants a life but he doesn't know how to go about having it. Diggle is supposed to, by example, show him the way, I guess.

(Mods, is this OK here? I'm not sure if it should go to another thread. It didn't seem to fit other thread descriptions)

It's a question probably no one can answer. I'm sure the network has many more data but I doubt they can estimate that well how a character will affect ratings (sure they hope they can). Sara was popular online but not Felicity's level of popular and she wasn't attached to any big ship (the only thing the CW really care about) so I don't believe anyone is safe but Oliver (obviously) and Felicity. I interpreted the last scene like you then MG said in interview post-premiere the last scene was supposed to say Diggle leave the team ?! (that and the fact they keep adding and adding new masked vigilantes.). Who knows !

Personally, I wasn't particularly attached to Sara (although I did like her and her origin story), although I was attached to what her presence meant, which was the hope that I wouldn't have to watch Laurel fail her way into becoming a vigilante/hero/whatever.

I'm the same way. I liked Sara very much as a character, and I thought she embodied Black Canary very well. I never got too attached to her though, because I knew that this show was about Oliver Queen becoming Green Arrow so I knew that we weren't ever going to see BC developed as well she could have been on this show.

Although apparently the EPs have a whole other view point on that so NEVER MIND. *goes off to hang out in the bitterness thread for awhile*

Ok, I was confused why people thought that scene with Diggle in the premiere meant Diggle was leaving the team, since I thought it was more that he needed to be more careful and most definitely he didn't need to be running round fighting people when Lila was nine months pregnant since that was insane....and then everyone seemed to interpret it another way - is that because of something the producers said?

I don't see him leaving the team, he has definitely been back fighting. The only thing I could see is if they got a suicide squad show up and running and I can't see more than one spinoff so that seems unlikely. I do wish they would give more team arrow scenes/dig feleciity scenes...

• Love 1

Ok, I was confused why people thought that scene with Diggle in the premiere meant Diggle was leaving the team, since I thought it was more that he needed to be more careful and most definitely he didn't need to be running round fighting people when Lila was nine months pregnant since that was insane....and then everyone seemed to interpret it another way - is that because of something the producers said?

I don't see him leaving the team, he has definitely been back fighting. The only thing I could see is if they got a suicide squad show up and running and I can't see more than one spinoff so that seems unlikely. I do wish they would give more team arrow scenes/dig feleciity scenes...

I thought Oliver was telling him he didn't want him in the field, not that he should leave the team. But he was definitely telling Diggle to leave the team, since in the second episode Diggle told Oliver that he was back until they find Sara's killer. If Sara hadn't died, I think Diggle would've been off the team for good.

As others have been writing their hopes/wish lists for this season, I'll add mine too. 

Olicity wishlist:

- Hand holding with their fingers entwined.

- Forehead rest.

- Hugs.

- Temple kiss.

- I want a really passionate intense nearly rip-off their clothes kiss if/when they eventually get together.

- 'I love you' confessions from both sides and with no room for interpretations. 

- I want their love/sex scene to be the complete opposite to Lauriver's in s1. I don't want any comparisons made at all. No thank you.

- I'd love Oliver to kiss Felicity while in his Arrow outfit but with the hood down to show that he can be Oliver and the Arrow. Symbolism guys!

- Oliver to tell Felicity she looks beautiful. I know he says more with his eyes but I'd love him to voice it sometime.

General wishlist:

- Diggle/Felicity hug.

- Diggle/Felicity chat. I really miss their scenes together.

- Thea/Felicity meet and chat, maybe about Oliver, maybe about families, I'm not fussy. I think it's beyond time they knew each other though. They're both important people in Oliver's life.

Maybe they'll bond when Oliver goes missing

- Malcolm and Felicity. I loved seeing Felicity go up against Moira who was always superb against Malcolm, so I'd like to see how that works out. I think the chemistry would be interesting.

- I know Roy is part of the team and I'm fine with that but I'm desperate for some Original Team Arrow scenes. Just something like when they met Mama Smoak. I don't need a long scene but I like to be reminded of how well they play off against each other. Their dynamic is missed right now.

- Quentin Lance needs something to do outside of scenes with Laurel. I enjoyed when he got in the Arrow action in s2. 

- I'd love Quentin to take Felicity to Big Belly Burger and just ask her loads of questions because he's always been intrigued by her.

There's probably loads more but I don't know if this is the right thread so I'll stop for now. 

• Love 8

I just want more original (plus, Roy, occasionally) Team Arrow stuff before

Oliver disappears/goes missing for 2-3 episodes. I need something to hang onto during that stretch of time since I might not have a pleasant reaction to Laurel hanging about/possibly commandeering the team leader position in the lair.

I really miss the Team Arrow dynamics (especially, Diggle/Felicity). Also, most everyone else's hopes for Oliver/Felicity because I really want those two crazy fools to get it together and be the great, functional tv relationship that I know they can be.

As for the murder mystery arc that I have little interest in (because Sara will still be dead), I just hope that it will make sense and not be so convoluted that it will require so much retconning or fanwanking. And, also, that they don't use the Lazarus Pit to resurrect long-dead characters because, otherwise, what the heck does death even mean on this show, anymore? I want the reveal of the murderer to be a total moment of:

Eqe7sTU.gif

Even though, every character under the sun has already been guessed at, I still would like there to be some sort of (relatively cool) aha! moment.

• Love 1

I doubt Arrow will survive more than 6 seasons.

That's what i said about Smallville. and we all know how long that one lasted. i think CW is actually one of the only network to hardly cancel their shows. I mean seriously look how long TVD has lasted..

Felicity should be the one undoing the bowtie.  Yes, please.

and...

I want a scene of simple domesticity, like them cooking or eating or watching TV or just talking about something which is not mission related, something personal and deep.

I also want Oliver to get her coffee.

We have seen Felicity tending Oliver's wounds, if Felicity gets injured, I would like Oliver to create fuss and take care of her.

She should be undoing a lot more than the bowtie; shirt buttons and cufflinks for starters ....

My answer: Smut fic ideas brain explosion!! (it makes sense in my head). Someone needs to write this. ummm... it has been awhile since i've written smut fics (or fics in general), but.. term break is coming up later this week (we do tri).. so, maybe.

At least in my experience (though YMMV) the gift exchange for (Jewish) adults usually happens on New Year's, and that's the bigger family celebration day. People maybe get together for Xmas (dinner, movie, etc) but gifts aren't usually exchanged, and unless there are kids involved, Hanukkah isn't a big deal and adults don't really get together for it. Maybe you light the Menorah and make some latkas and applesauce for dinner one of the nights, but it's really low-key. Tbh, if you're actually going to celebrate it with people, Hanukkah's about good fortune, so ime it's not unusual to do things like play dreidel for gelt or to play other games as the big "event" of the evening. It would be fun imo if Felicity did something like invited everyone over for an Eighth Night poker tournament, but with gelt instead of chips, though ;).

Im not sure how Hanukha is done in the U

S, but back home (ie Israel) it is sort of a big deal-ish. We go into Sufganiyah craze usually a month before the holiday. everyone pretty much light the Hanukiah (and there is a difference between a Manora and a Hanukiah).

my family were pretty low key about it and we didn't exchange gifts, but it differs between household to household. my family is not religious to say the least.

Never heard of gift exchanging during the jewish new year. or am I reading that wrong?

And OMG kiss in the rain damn you!!!!!

Yea, drabble or stand alone prompt fics writing may just happen over break. sooo many scenes are playing around in my head.

damn you people!!

Edited by foreverevolving

I'm not sure if I wish or fear Arrow to last more than 6 seasons lol but TVD was the top-rated for 5 seasons and only started to sink last year and SV at the end (S8/9) was doing on Friday more or less what Arrow is doing now so I imagine if they keep to slowly lose viewers (like every shows do) in 3 years they should be at the end of the rope.

(My family is not religious either, we exchange gifts for "legal" New Year (Jan 1st), I just don't remember in my childhood that Hanukkah was very special, not like Kippur, Purim etc...It depends the country I guess :) )

How long I want Arrow to last depends on whether it's going to be 2A or 2B.  After everyone has got their superhero costume, what will the show do then?

My Oliciity wish is pretty simple:  at the end of 307, I want a quiet moment between Oliver and Felicity acknowledging that even if they can't be together right not (for reasons), there is no one else for either of them.  With possibly a handtouch.

Other than that,I'd like to see Diggle get a good storyline rather than one with the Suicide Squad or propping up everyone else's stories, and a good one for Thea too that's about her rather than being Malcolm's puppet or something half-assed like Roy is getting.  And they could throw Roy something more than a bone too.

• Love 2

For most shows in May but for Arrow and a few shows sure to be renewed it should be in February.

I too hope Roy will get better arcs and I wish Sin would return so much. Roy/Sin/Thea were so great.

Do you think the reveal of the Atom suit at the end of Draw Back Your Bow means they are planning on splitting off Atom to be a separate show? The suit looked pretty elaborate and full of potential for it to be a one season/special guest star arc thing. I've combed the web and haven't found anything definitive about that happening. However, it seemed they were setting things up in that direction. If they do, I can totally see porting Felicity into it, too. She seemed totally on board with Ray's vision for QC/Palmer Industries. I'm just trying to read the tea leaves and figure out where things are heading.

• Love 1

Do you think the reveal of the Atom suit at the end of Draw Back Your Bow means they are planning on splitting off Atom to be a separate show? The suit looked pretty elaborate and full of potential for it to be a one season/special guest star arc thing. I've combed the web and haven't found anything definitive about that happening. However, it seemed they were setting things up in that direction. If they do, I can totally see porting Felicity into it, too. She seemed totally on board with Ray's vision for QC/Palmer Industries. I'm just trying to read the tea leaves and figure out where things are heading.

I can actually see him heading to The Flash. In one of his interviews, BR was positively giddy and complimentary of the cast and crew on The Flash and how wonderful the show was. I can see him fitting in there, especially if they really do intend to shrink him. 

Intellectually I understand where the show is going with Oliver and Felicity, I watch TV and it's nothing I haven't seen before.

Emotionally I can't trust the writers I feel they have made some glaring mistakes (for me) in 2B & 3A that make it hard to trust their plan. But it seems like I'm damned for all eternity because I'm still invested, I thought today I was finally pulling away from the show emotionally, but 3.07 dragged me back in.

So I'm laying down some speculations and hopes.

I like that Felicity is thriving at QC (Palmer tech can suck it, it will never be that for me) I hope that this leads to Felicity being CEO of of Queen Inc. I think if they are to move forward with end game Felicity they do need to even up the power dynamic between Oliver and Felicity. Hence acknowledge her work skills, show she is an asset to to the team and, as she pulls away, that they struggle more, have Oliver acknowledge it to himself and her verbally. Give her some "flaw" even if it is previously unhinted love of "couture". Also delve in deeper to her abandonment issues.

I get showing she is desirable and doesn't have to be a nun waiting for Oliver, show she can attract heroes and billionaires, (I just really dislike manic Ray Palmer, not funny comedic or cute, there as moments where he is better but...still, he makes me uncomfortable and the chemistry isn't there for me. With Ray I'm not sure if they are trying to show how weird and off Olicity would have been with season 2's power dynamics, or if they want Felicity choosing Oliver as right for her when she has other viable "options"), I don't have to like the way it is being executed. 

On the flip side Oliver needs to continue with his quest to be a real boy. But they need to have Felicity seeing or understanding that he is making an effort and has some slow but steady progress. The audience knows this, Diggle knows this, Felicity needs to know/acknowledge this, (just because she knows this does't mean she acts, Oliver has burned her already and abandonment issues).

I like how they are using Thea and Roy to help connect Oliver to himself, he needs to be a lot closer to being whole before he can be with Felicity. I think he is hating himself at the moment and I suspect that he is somehow responsible for the death of the husband and kid in Hong Kong, something bad happened back then I know it, and I'm getting invested enough with the Yamashiro Family, to care and worry about it.

Oliver knows he isn't ready for happiness and love and other good things, but more importantly I feel like Oliver believes he does't deserve it. He chose to come home, and it was for the mission not for himself. 

Oliver needs a job, but I can't think of anything believable that doesn't compromise his secret identity, or his freedom (looking at you Argus) so make him the mayor or something. I want the money issue cleared up, but it currently takes away the another power disfunction between Felicity and Oliver. Get them together when his is no longer a billionaire and they can be on an even footing when the money thing is magically fixed. 

But all this needs to pay off with some big emotional confrontation and catharsis for Oliver and Felicity and me. They aren't communicating and roundabout "i love yous", chair touching, or red pen holding isn't  going to cut it much longer. Open honest, painful communication, sooner rather than later please. So they can move towards each other. I'm not enjoying the moving away but this week's episode also highlighted to me, I can take a lot more or the "bad" the Arrow has to offer, when Laurel is not around.

Apologies for spelling grammar, posting in the wrong thread (really not sure where to put this) but it is waaay past bed time.

• Love 8
Do you think the reveal of the Atom suit at the end of Draw Back Your Bow means they are planning on splitting off Atom to be a separate show? The suit looked pretty elaborate and full of potential for it to be a one season/special guest star arc thing. I've combed the web and haven't found anything definitive about that happening.

Berlanti and everyone at DC have made it pretty clear that they want more Arrow spinoffs, so yes. Whether or not this is going to be a reality is another question entirely.

• Love 2

Dr. Horrible's Evil 10-Step Plan for Destroying Arrow:

1.  Kill off Sara, the original Black Canary, who had LOA training and who was played convincingly and sympathetically by Caity Lotz.

2.  Fast-forward Laurel into the new Black Canary, with little training and questionable motivation.

3.  Design the new Black Canary costume to have a million buckles, so as to make quick change impossible, thus hampering her effectiveness.

4.  Minimize the original Team Arrow trio by sidelining Diggle and having Oliver sabotage his own happiness with Felicity.

5.  Introduce Ray Palmer as a 50 Shades guy who'll make Felicity act OOC.

6.  Give Thea a new love interest, who's an asshole DJ and makes Roy look like a superhero.

7.  Spin off Ray into his own Atom TV series as a billionaire tech guy who dons a techie-enhanced suit to fight crime (a la Iron Man) and ship off Felicity to this new show as Ray's Pepper Potts.

8.  Have the new Team Arrow trio become Oliver/GA, Laurel/BC and Roy/Arsenal. 

9.  Introduce a new computer geek to the Arrowcave who's a funny guy, quick with the quips, and who knows his place on the show as a supporting character.

10.  Have Laurel comfort Oliver after Felicity's defection, and have them get married (a la Andrew Kreisberg's GA/BC comics).

Ratings plummet, and the show is cancelled.  MWA-HA-HA!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

Hopes and fears...well, I have no fears at the moment, but I hope that the first time there is trouble where Laurel decides she needs to jump into action we get flashes of her putting her suit on while Oliver fights. She finishes getting dressed about the time Oliver has beaten the guy(s), which makes her realize ten thousand buckles and straps isn't the way to go. Then she's busy for another couple of episodes redesigning her suit and finishes about the time the season ends.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 12

From the Relationship thread:

I know it would be tropey and expected to drag it out, but I wonder if he actually does confess his feelings to her in 3x09, and that's the "best Olicity moment" he teased on the after show? Of course, then he goes away, so that's unfortunate, but it would be out there when he comes back.

I know I've mentioned this before (so hopefully this doesn't sound repetitive), but it would be my favorite unexpected thing if they scrunched this "will they / won't they" crap down to only the next few episodes, and then it was over in early 3b. I tolerate the lead of the show being missing for some time better than I do unnecessary relationship melodrama. The way this show burns through plot, I would consider it a gift if we got pure, unadulterated Olicity for several episodes without having to wait til the end of the season. I wouldn't even complain if (when?) they split them up again after that. (I won't be watching after that, but I won't be complaining either.)

• Love 5

I wish that I could just forget about this show until season three was over and then binge watch all of the episodes.  It would make it much easier and probably more enjoyable if I knew exactly when Felicity and Oliver were going to get together. 

The way this show burns through plot, I would consider it a gift if we got pure, unadulterated Olicity for several episodes without having to wait til the end of the season. I wouldn't even complain if (when?) they split them up again after that. (I won't be watching after that, but I won't be complaining either.)

Yes, please!  I don't want this Ray crap to continue on for seventeen more episodes.  That's a long ass stretch, and I would like to be invested in at least one part of this show.  They've taken everything else that I actually care about away, so it would be nice to have something to look forward to every Wednesday. 

• Love 5

Yes, please!  I don't want this Ray crap to continue on for seventeen more episodes.  That's a long ass stretch, and I would like to be invested in at least one part of this show.  They've taken everything else that I actually care about away, so it would be nice to have something to look forward to every Wednesday.

Honestly, the way the Ray/Felicity stuff was framed last night makes me think a serious relationship is not all that viable. With the obvious way the show has made Ray into an Oliver clone right down to showing Ray on the salmon ladder and having him make a speech at the press conference that sounded just like Oliver's opening monologue, I get the strong impression that they're trying to show that Felicity would just be faking her way through any relationship with him. I'll be surprised if it goes another way.

• Love 4

I was looking at Oliver's stupid flashback hair last night and wondering what we're going to do when he eventually makes his way to Russia and becomes a Bratva Captain.  No way they take him seriously with that ridiculous hair, but I imagine that the show will have to do something with it to distinguish flashback Oliver from current Oliver (because yes, some people are dumb and won't be able to tell if it's a flashback otherwise).

I was looking at Oliver's stupid flashback hair last night and wondering what we're going to do when he eventually makes his way to Russia and becomes a Bratva Captain.  No way they take him seriously with that ridiculous hair, but I imagine that the show will have to do something with it to distinguish flashback Oliver from current Oliver (because yes, some people are dumb and won't be able to tell if it's a flashback otherwise).

I normally hate this, but I hope he has a little ponytail like Maseo. I can't stand Oliver's greasy hair being in his face all the time.

I normally hate this, but I hope he has a little ponytail like Maseo. I can't stand Oliver's greasy hair being in his face all the time.

Bratva Ollie with a pony tail seems about right to me.

To be fair I like this season's fashback wig more than the previous 2.

Also I think modern day Oliver needs to manscape his stubble more.

Also I think modern day Oliver needs to manscape his stubble more.

No no no.  SA looks so much better with facial hair, I don't want him to manscape too much.  His current look is really working for me :)

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 11

No no no.  SA looks so much better with facial hair, I don't want him to manscape too much.  His current look is really working for me :)

Totally agree, the stubble works really well for him. I wonder what BR looks like with stubble. If he turns up with that in the next few episodes I really would think he's Single White Male(ing) Oliver.

• Love 1

It's funny.  When the Flash/Arrow crossover was first announced, I remember being annoyed because I thought that they should let The Flash stand on it's own.  Now it's one of the few episodes that I'm actually looking forward to.  It sounds like things are going to go downhill quickly after the winter break.

Oliver can't do anything too dramatic with his facial hair since that is about all people see of the Arrow's face and Oliver Queen is publicly well known. He got away with the ridiculously awesome goatee in the comics only because it's a world where people at the Daily Planet can't recognize Clark Kent as Superman because of a pair of glasses.

• Love 1

It's funny.  When the Flash/Arrow crossover was first announced, I remember being annoyed because I thought that they should let The Flash stand on it's own.  Now it's one of the few episodes that I'm actually looking forward to.  It sounds like things are going to go downhill quickly after the winter break.

This is so true. I was annoyed that I was going to be forced into watching both shows. That was before I found myself enjoying The Flash so much. Now I'm glad I at least have that show to fall back on to divert me while Arrow plows through the

epic suckage of the Disappearance of Oliver Queen and the shoehorning of Team Arrow's newest member

coming our way after the hiatus.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 2

I hope this season ends with Felicity starting her own tech company. It would be a nice nod to the comics as well as a great way to end Felicity's individual journey for this season. Felicity is smart, she'll probably be gaining more contacts as VP of Palmer Tech now, she'll be getting used to all the business talk and such... I think it'll be a natural progression for her. 

But my biggest hope for this season is seeing Oliver find his happiness. I want him to be happy next season because I don't know how much I can take Oliver being beaten down. I want to see him support OTHER people who are going through a rough time. I want to see him be the rock for once. While a part of me wants to see Oliver find his happiness in Felicity, I honestly don't care at this point. I just want him to be happy regardless of whether he's with her or not. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

I hope this season ends with Felicity starting her own tech company. It would be a nice nod to the comics as well as a great way to end Felicity's individual journey for this season. Felicity is smart, she'll probably be gaining more contacts as VP of Palmer Tech now, she'll be getting used to all the business talk and such... I think it'll be a natural progression for her. 

I wonder if making her VP is setting the stage for Oliver making her CEO when he inevitably gets the company back?

• Love 3

I hope for the return of shirtless Oliver. Seriously, Show, it's been how many episodes since we've seen the abs? You're on the CW, so I know "shirtless guys" is pretty much in your mission statement.

Other than that, I hope Daddy Merlyn shoots a few dozen arrows at Thea's unkempt DJ. Maybe fix DJ's tragibad hair to lull him into a false sense of security before he goes psycho-daddy on him.

• Love 4

Other than that, I hope Daddy Merlyn shoots a few dozen arrows at Thea's unkempt DJ. Maybe fix DJ's tragibad hair to lull him into a false sense of security before he goes psycho-daddy on him.

I was also wondering how soon it would be before Malcolm filled the DJ with arrows, but a popular theory seemed to be that he was sent by Malcolm. My theory is now that Daddy Merlyn hired him to get close to Thea before he kills him to fully push her into the dark side or something. Because having someone you love murdered is the only motivation the writers can seem to think of.

Edited by Tangerine
I like that Felicity is thriving at QC (Palmer tech can suck it, it will never be that for me) I hope that this leads to Felicity being CEO of of Queen Inc. I think if they are to move forward with end game Felicity they do need to even up the power dynamic between Oliver and Felicity. Hence acknowledge her work skills, show she is an asset to to the team and, as she pulls away, that they struggle more, have Oliver acknowledge it to himself and her verbally. Give her some "flaw" even if it is previously unhinted love of "couture". Also delve in deeper to her abandonment issues.

I really like the idea of them making Felicity attached to QC on a deeper level. I'm tolerating Ray for plot-advancement reasons [i've realized watching 307 that the crazy eyes bother me way way WAY more than the writing, so I'm never gonna see him as a real character. All I see are the crazy eyes], but if there's one thing I'm grateful for this storyline, is giving Felicity something outside of Oliver's mission that she feels strongly about. Sure, it's very Pepper Potts and all, but I admit I would love it if, when Oliver decides he wants to have a life outside of the cave, fighting for Felicity and fighting for QC is the same thing, because QC  is important to Felicity, even more than just being his family's company name/legacy.

• Love 3

I really like the idea of them making Felicity attached to QC on a deeper level. I'm tolerating Ray for plot-advancement reasons [i've realized watching 307 that the crazy eyes bother me way way WAY more than the writing, so I'm never gonna see him as a real character. All I see are the crazy eyes], but if there's one thing I'm grateful for this storyline, is giving Felicity something outside of Oliver's mission that she feels strongly about. Sure, it's very Pepper Potts and all, but I admit I would love it if, when Oliver decides he wants to have a life outside of the cave, fighting for Felicity and fighting for QC is the same thing, because QC  is important to Felicity, even more than just being his family's company name/legacy.

All I see are the crazy eyes!! 

I agree that fighting for Felicity and QC is the same thing. I see people say Oliver isn't interested in QC and he gave it up in 3.01. I think rather the QC was another things that Oliver wouldn't let himself want.

In flash 1.01 the 2024 Newspaper had a story about a deal between Wayne Tech and Queen Inc, I really want that to be a thing that Oliver and Felicity build together. I think we will get a magical hand wave and suddenly QC will be back with Oliver somehow. 

I just really want Oliver to have a job outside of the arrow, I just don't think he can be whole without something else. 

• Love 4

All I see are the crazy eyes!! 

I agree that fighting for Felicity and QC is the same thing. I see people say Oliver isn't interested in QC and he gave it up in 3.01. I think rather the QC was another things that Oliver wouldn't let himself want.

In flash 1.01 the 2024 Newspaper had a story about a deal between Wayne Tech and Queen Inc, I really want that to be a thing that Oliver and Felicity build together. I think we will get a magical hand wave and suddenly QC will be back with Oliver somehow. 

I just really want Oliver to have a job outside of the arrow, I just don't think he can be whole without something else. 

I get the feeling that whenever Oliver gets the company back, he's going to push for Felicity to be CEO. I think that's a very small part of the reason why she's VP (of whatever) at QC/Palmer Technologies. I'd like it to be something they build together (and maybe they will), but I thought the EPs had mentioned that they didn't really have any desire to write the QC storyline for him anymore. Maybe that will change once he takes charge of his personal life though, who knows. He does need something outside of Arrow though, but the traditional 9-5 just doesn't seem to suit him.

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm taking Dr. Wells' comment to Felicity -- that he expects great things from her, or something like that -- to be pretty much fait accompli, since he has literal future knowledge*. It'd be pretty cool to me if Felicity's destiny is QC, and providing resources and funding and tech to superheroes in the future.

* I do get that this is time travel, and there's always the possibility of a wrong timeline/correct course plot going on, but HOPE, not fear today. :)

• Love 2

Season 3 isn't even half over and I'm already dreading Season 4.  I have this fear that next season will be an ensemble superhero show with some episodes featuring the Arrow, some episodes featuring the BC, and some episodes featuring the Atom.  Felicity will be reduced to a central information source, and Diggle will have disappeared like Pete Ross.

Why?  Because these EPs can draw even more story 'inspiration' from the wealth of comic book lore and not have to be bothered with coming up with original storylines.

• Love 3

Season 3 isn't even half over and I'm already dreading Season 4. I have this fear that next season will be an ensemble superhero show with some episodes featuring the Arrow, some episodes featuring the BC, and some episodes featuring the Atom. Felicity will be reduced to a central information source, and Diggle will have disappeared like Pete Ross.

Hey, Product Placement Pete was an important role. :D

I'd rather the show didn't go the full-on Smallville route as I prefer to keep my PTSD from that show under control. Though Oliver is more of a hero than Clark was at this point in that show. How many years did it take for Clark to finally step up and save people without being badgered into doing so? And he seemed to get dumber as time went on. If any barn lofts appear on Arrow in the last five minutes of an episode I know that's my cue to abort and find another show to watch.

• Love 3

Although I've all but given up on the show, I'd like to add a plea here - more Quentin.  Specifically, I'd like a kitchen-sink episode where Oliver (not Arrow) and Quentin are kidnapped and tied up in a warehouse somewhere.  Quentin can help Oliver talk through his manpain, and Oliver can tell Quentin that his younger daughter is dead and buried in the grave that no-one knows she's in since she had a coming out party when she returned to Starling.

And then at the end Quentin can go "Okay Oliver, now enough chat, get us out of here," and while Oliver's all "Huh?" he goes on, "Come on, you think I didn't know?".

• Love 9

I hope that before the hiatus of doom we will get a nice teaser for the second part of the season... with more characters shown than just Laurel being BC.

I also hope to see at least two scenes with Oliver actually living at Thea's. You know, breakfasts, dinners? Meeting the sleazy DJ in the doorway and manhandling him out?...

Edited by Ariah
  • Love 1

My new crack theory is that it's Maseo and Tatsu's son Akio that killed Sara. He'd be in his early-teens and could still be relatively short.

I'm sure it makes as much sense as whatever the writers will end up cobbling together.

My new crack theory is that it's Maseo and Tatsu's son Akio that killed Sara. He'd be in his early-teens and could still be relatively short.

I'm sure it makes as much sense as whatever the writers will end up cobbling together.

That is by far the best of all the theories I've read so far and it would make the tedious Hong Kong flashbacks mean something. But, I am guessing it won't be something that logical or easy.

I hope that in episode 9, Felicity tells Ray, "You're everything I want in a guy, you're just not the guy I want."  With that relationship declared as strictly friendship, I would dread the post-break episodes a little less.

That line would be just perfect for Felicity and a way to end this "romance" with Ray.  Very adult.