Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, jsbt said:

Billy Miller Jason turning out to be A.J. is something we've bandied about since they recast. If Steve returns (and he will) and they choose to do a Tale of Two Jasons I have always assumed the NuJason would be revealed to be A.J.

I agree.  I think he'd be more suited for AJ tbh because the character plays to his strengths and let's be honest- as an actor, AJ is probably the more interesting role to play.  I'd think that and I'm not an actor because the character has a range of emotions, clear motivations, a rich backstory just to begin with.  Jason Morgan has too much strange baggage to be adequately played and written.   All the brain damage given to the character, combined with the killer-for-hire job and the writer's insistence that Jason is a "hero/white hat" character, plus the insistence to not have the character deal with anything in his past at all makes it a rather boring and repetitive character to watch and probably play.  I think BM would make a fine AJ, and it'd be quite interesting to see the fallout/reactions of everyone close to Jason that doesn't care for AJ.  And by that I mean Sonny, Carly.  Sam, as well.  It'd be interesting if she found that she actually was falling for AJ and preferred him to Jason because he treats her and her kids better, doesn't want to be in the mob, and is a better husband.  It'd also be interesting to see Carly get jealous of that because she love/hates AJ.  That's where the real story lies, if they let BM do the heavy lifting and SBu come in to do nostalgia stuff.

• Love 4

I have enough trouble with the age difference between BM and SBu as Jason. In terms of personality, I think BM would have been a better AJ but having AJ suddenly become Jason's younger brother would bug me even more. Aside from that, SK's chemistry with the Qs, Michael, Carly and Liz was one of the best aspects of his return. BM just doesn't have that. I don't just want AJ back, I want an actor who connects in the right way with the important people in AJ's life. 

I'd rather see IWANTCANDY's scenario with BM as the twin that Franco pretended to be.

If FV can't or won't get SK back, I wish he'd kill off the wretched Franco character and recast RoHo as AJ. He's closer to the right age and i think he'd connect better with the people in AJ's life. Let's see if RoHo can do something other than variations on Todd if we're never going to be rid of him

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I have enough trouble with the age difference between BM and SBu as Jason. In terms of personality, I think BM would have been a better AJ but having AJ suddenly become Jason's younger brother would bug me even more. Aside from that, SK's chemistry with the Qs, Michael, Carly and Liz was one of the best aspects of his return. BM just doesn't have that - I'm not just interested in having AJ back, I want an actor who connects in the right way with the important people in AJ's life. 

I'd rather see IWANTCANDY's scenario with BM as the twin that Franco pretended to be.

If FV can't out won't get SK back, kill off the wretched Franco character and recast RoHo as AJ. He's closer to the right age and i think he'd connect better with the people in AJ's life. Let's see if RoHo can do something other than variations on Todd 

Yeah but then I'd have to see Roger and Laura fake chemistry again.   I also really dig the BM/CD and BM/KeMo chemistry.  But I would like to see Roger in a more Quartermaine centric role.  A scenario where BM is a longlost AJ son and has been playing Sonny/Carly for revenge is also hella awesome because I think Sonny should get some sort of payback. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, jsbt said:

Billy Miller Jason turning out to be A.J. is something we've bandied about since they recast. If Steve returns (and he will) and they choose to do a Tale of Two Jasons I have always assumed the NuJason would be revealed to be A.J.

That really pisses me off. I know that Billy looks older, but I think he is too young.  Another thing, they had a good AJ in Sean Kanean, but threw him back with both hands. The only reason they would write for AJ now is because their prize, Billy is in the role. 

• Love 3

I'm reading on Twitter that Claudette skips town, but leaves Charlotte behind with Griffin.  I guess that's why he's trying to deal with her on Halloween?

In other news, how annoying that we've already seen more of Claudette's stupid kid since she was introduced than we've seen of Cameron and/or Aiden ALL YEAR.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm reading on Twitter that Claudette skips town, but leaves Charlotte behind with Griffin.  I guess that's why he's trying to deal with her on Halloween?

In other news, how annoying that we've already seen more of Claudette's stupid kid since she was introduced than we've seen of Cameron and/or Aiden ALL YEAR.

At least Cam isn't involved in some kiddie love quad.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm assuming Claud isn't gone for good? Jelly/Frank wouldn't give up on her so fast. 

Probably not, but maybe BW will get another job and she won't be able to return! They can hire Molly Burnett to be Claud if they want her back.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm assuming Claud isn't gone for good? Jelly/Frank wouldn't give up on her so fast. 

IDK. They've been saying she was short term all along. And from what I've been able to sit through, Claudette is totally the type to pop in, cause havoc, and pop back out, unscathed. If she isn't coming back, well......pardon me while I turn cartwheels, Franco style. Bye girl. Won't miss you, didn't need you. Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I have enough trouble with the age difference between BM and SBu as Jason. In terms of personality, I think BM would have been a better AJ but having AJ suddenly become Jason's younger brother would bug me even more. Aside from that, SK's chemistry with the Qs, Michael, Carly and Liz was one of the best aspects of his return. BM just doesn't have that - I'm not just interested in having AJ back, I want an actor who connects in the right way with the important people in AJ's life. 

If FV can't or won't get SK back, I wish he'd kill off the wretched Franco character and recast RoHo as AJ. He's closer to the right age and i think he'd connect better with the people in AJ's life. Let's see if RoHo can do something other than variations on Todd 

This show won't even let Sam break a nail. Finding out she's screwing AJ and carrying his child? LOL.

• Love 5

Anything that doesn't make AJ look like a shit character is just unacceptable so I can't see this show having their pets playing him so I can't see them going the route of Billy Miller as AJ.

Personally, that would work for me.  I like AJ and I liked Sean Kanan and Billy Warlock as actors so I liked them as AJ.  I'm not a fan of either Billy Miller or Roger Howarth so I would hate them anywhere near the character - especially Howarth.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

They've been saying she was short term all along.

They say that about all the new hires, and then they "can't help themselves and fall in love with the character," so they have to make it long term. I'm not holding my breath that Claudette will be a one-and-done character.

• Love 6

Something like that, or Days John Black/Roman/Forrest Alamain/whoever they said he was last time, is really the only way you could have both BM and SBu and make it work. I would imagine that if SBu ever does come back though, it will be only because BM is leaving and the show just.cannot.bear. to part with Jason again.

They say that about all the new hires, and then they "can't help themselves and fall in love with the character," so they have to make it long term. I'm not holding my breath that Claudette will be a one-and-done character.

Who is currently long term that we were told would be short term? I can't recall any recently, but I'm sleep deprived. Most of the recent contract hires, like Griffin, were always intended to be contract, weren't they? And those recent recurring  new hires like Nell are still recurring. Bree, JPS, Ingo, and Tristan, are the only ones in recent memory that it was specifically stated they were short term, and they indeed have all been short term thus far. Provided Bree truly is done with her appearances.  JVP, yes they brought him back for a minute, but never did a thing with him, and now he's gone again.  I don't really count recurring vets like Kin or Lynn or John Lindstrom, because they are on so rarely. I can't even remember now if any of the vets that pop in and out were ever said to be short term returns. 

9 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Something like that, or Days John Black/Roman/Forrest Alamain/whoever they said he was last time, is really the only way you could have both BM and SBu and make it work. I would imagine that if SBu ever does come back though, it will be only because BM is leaving and the show just.cannot.bear. to part with Jason again.

Who is currently long term that we were told would be short term? I can't recall any recently, but I'm sleep deprived. Most of the recent contract hires, like Griffin, were always intended to be contract, weren't they? And those recent recurring  new hires like Nell are still recurring. Bree, JPS, Ingo, and Tristan, are the only ones in recent memory that it was specifically stated they were short term, and they indeed have all been short term thus far. Provided Bree truly is done with her appearances.  JVP, yes they brought him back for a minute, but never did a thing with him, and now he's gone again.  I don't really count recurring vets like Kin or Lynn or John Lindstrom, because they are on so rarely. I can't even remember now if any of the vets that pop in and out were ever said to be short term returns. 

Budig.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

This show won't even let Sam break a nail. Finding out she's screwing AJ and carrying his child? LOL.

It'd be story gold.  Personally, I'd be in it to see the look on Carly's face after learning that her beloved best friend for the past year or so has actually been AJ.   I dgaf about Sam.  But KeMo has chemistry with BM and RoHo (dear Jasus keep Sam away from the abomination that is Franco.  I meant Todd.) 

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Budig.

Touche.  And can we all be reminded of when SK returned how they (being Frank) lied and were all "Yeah wooo hoo AJ is back yeah!"  Then boom.  They got ME, RoHo, and KA back and shelved him till he quit.   So, lies.   All lies.  And also they got RoHo back and made us watch Franco for all eternity and paired a rapist with Liz. 

• Love 1

Budig.

She's the only one, though, right? I don't think one, out of all the parade of those in the last few years in and out, is so bad. It could be so much worse.  What is the worse issue to me, is the recurring players coming in and sucking up airtime from the vets.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

She's the only one, though, right? I don't think one, out of all the parade of those in the last few years in and out, is so bad. It could be so much worse.  What is the worse issue to me, is the recurring players coming in and sucking up airtime from the vets.

Submitted for approval- 

Michelle Stafford.  

42 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

And those recent recurring  new hires like Nell are still recurring.

Chloe Lanier is on contract, actually.

12 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Submitted for approval- 

Michelle Stafford.  

She was on contract from the jump. 

I think, before Rebecca Budig, the only character who jumped from recurring to contract was Britt.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Ingo is coming back and FB is going nuts saying that Jax is scum, he always blames Sonny, will poison Joss against Sonny etc. I certainly agree that he shouldn't come back, but for quite different reasons lol!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

will poison Joss against Sonny

Have those posters forgotten that Joss is Jax's daughter, not Sonny's? I'm generally in favor of letting kids decide for themselves, but given that Sonny is a stepparent here, Jax can tell Joss anything he wants. Sheesh.

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Passanante and Altman mentioned in an interview that becoming attached to a recurring actor is one of their weaknesses.

One of their weaknesses?  Lol what about literally not knowing anything about writing a soap opera?

6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Ingo is coming back and FB is going nuts saying that Jax is scum, he always blames Sonny, will poison Joss against Sonny etc. I certainly agree that he shouldn't come back, but for quite different reasons lol!

But...everything actually generally is Sonny's fault tbh. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

One of their weaknesses?  Lol what about literally not knowing anything about writing a soap opera?

But...everything actually generally is Sonny's fault tbh. 

Now now, we all know Sonny is NEVER at fault. He's the victim! Just ask him, he'll tell you ;)

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Have those posters forgotten that Joss is Jax's daughter, not Sonny's? I'm generally in favor of letting kids decide for themselves, but given that Sonny is a stepparent here, Jax can tell Joss anything he wants. Sheesh.

Doesn't matter. Jax is EVUL!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, you can see their point, Gentleman Mobster Sonny was always careful not to bad-mouth stepfather Jax to Michael and Morgan...oh, wait. The opposite of that.

Poor Joss. Jax should take her out of town for good. Surely Carly won't object, since she just came across the BRAND NEW INFORMATION that the mob is violent.

• Love 11

Meanwhile, Nelle urges Michael to show some patiences with Sonny.

"Patiences" aside, shut the fuck up, Nelle.  I wanted to like this character so much, but making her a Sonny apologist?  That's a dealbreaker.

Why are the spoilers make such a thing about Laura saying goodbye to Wyndemere?  Are they ditching that set too?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Meanwhile, Nelle urges Michael to show some patiences with Sonny.

"Patiences" aside, shut the fuck up, Nelle.  I wanted to like this character so much, but making her a Sonny apologist?  That's a dealbreaker.

Once again, someone who knows NOTHING is butting in somewhere she doesn't belong.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Ingo is coming back and FB is going nuts saying that Jax is scum, he always blames Sonny, will poison Joss against Sonny etc. 

OK, I know these are all English words you've typed, but they make no sense.  None.  None at all.  What the hell is wrong with people???? 

• Love 6

So they really are going full steam with the idea that Charlotte (a ten year old child) is supposed to be the stolen Stavros/Lulu embryo (which should be two or three at most). Which means they are really going with the idea of Laura having a live granddaughter fathered by her (and her daughter's!) rapist and tormenter, and, hey, she's also Laura's dead son's half-sibling!

If Laura wasn't dating Kevin now I'd tell her to get her some therapy sessions pronto about this. Bring Lulu too and they can get a two-for-one Spencer women special discount.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Once again, someone who knows NOTHING is butting in somewhere she doesn't belong.

Yeah, but in this case at least I think she's doing it on purpose (i.e. buttering up to Sonny).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I KNEW my immediate annoyance with Nelly was justified. She needs to be killed. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ulkis said:
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, but in this case at least I think she's doing it on purpose (i.e. buttering up to Sonny).

Probably, but I don't want Nelle telling Michael, of all people, to give Sonny a break. Whatever her plan is is happening slower than molasses. We don't need a long buildup here.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Probably, but I don't want Nelle telling Michael, of all people, to give Sonny a break.

Seriously.  In a show that was narratively true, Michael would respond with something like, "You don't know shit, I already gave him a break when he MURDRED MY BIOLOGICAL FATHER."  But these writers would never.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

MW was originally short-term as well, IIRC.

• Love 1

In other news, I can't wait (#sarcasm) for Sonny to rail at Jax for being at Morgan's funeral, never mind that he thought it was okay to be at the funeral of the man he killed, over his grieving mother's objections.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, I can't wait (#sarcasm) for Sonny to rail at Jax for being at Morgan's funeral, never mind that he thought it was okay to be at the funeral of the man he killed, over his grieving mother's objections.

I so hope Jax gets to clap back and say something, anything.  Bring up when he wanted to adopt Morgan.  Hell, ask how AJ is doing.  Then sip some tea casually.  I'd be great with that.  Carly needs to spruce up though and lose the rings.  Girl, time for revenge- limostyle.   Get it, girl.  Morgan would want that. 

• Love 5

I cannot believe how tone-deaf this promo is:

https://twitter.com/Jpinky39092/status/790598919033991168

Sonny feels guilty...but actually blames Julian?  Sonny feels guilty...but here he is plotting to do the same thing that got his son killed?  He's grief-stricken, but let's end the promo on a smirking smile when asked if he's going to murder someone?  Whaaa?

Also, I'm pretty sure he's attacking Scotty.  Not cool.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny feels guilty...but actually blames Julian?  Sonny feels guilty...but here he is plotting to do the same thing that got his son killed?  He's grief-stricken, but let's end the promo on a smirking smile when asked if he's going to murder someone?

That's pretty accurate for Sonny, though. It's never his fault, and he always has to answer violence with violence because he'll look weak otherwise. So stupid.

I love how the announcer says the action Sonny takes might lead to his "biggest regret yet." Uh, he already got a son blown up. What's next, he wipes out the rest of his kids?

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Why? None of TPTB have any self-awareness about this show.

You're totally right.  It shouldn't surprise me how unaware they are about how their "hero" and "romantic lead" comes off, but I still was gob smacked by this. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I cannot believe how tone-deaf this promo is:

https://twitter.com/Jpinky39092/status/790598919033991168

Sonny feels guilty...but actually blames Julian?  Sonny feels guilty...but here he is plotting to do the same thing that got his son killed?  He's grief-stricken, but let's end the promo on a smirking smile when asked if he's going to murder someone?  Whaaa?

Also, I'm pretty sure he's attacking Scotty.  Not cool.

Lol.   Sonny with a gun and the announcer saying he's about to do something he'll regret?   No he won't.  He literally just got away with murder- using a gun- so obviously he regrets nothing.  I give no cares for Julian, but damn.  If they write Sonny as just gunning yet another man down for feels, funsies, for I dgaf what, then they better have someone bring up AJ and call Sonny out on it.  And lol.  Of course Morgan Brah getting blown up by Sonny's planted car bomb is Julian's fault- just like it was AJ's fault that he was fat and Sonny hated him.  It's never Sonny's fault.  At this point, Sonny could have a basket of kittens and a rainbow, and he'd still annoy me. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That's pretty accurate for Sonny, though. It's never his fault, and he always has to answer violence with violence because he'll look weak otherwise. So stupid.

I love how the announcer says the action Sonny takes might lead to his "biggest regret yet." Uh, he already got a son blown up. What's next, he wipes out the rest of his kids?

He accidentally gets a vasectomy.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

He accidentally gets a vasectomy.

That would actually be awesome.  Like, Helena somehow employs Valentin to make Sonny infertile.  "Oh no! He really is the biggest villain ever!  He gave Sonny some weird virus so now he can't make anymore babies!  What are going to do?!"  That would actually be the most awesome event ever. 

• Love 3