Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I do too, but I can't think of what agenda people saying KSt doesn't like RP could have. Like I got ulterior motives when people said that Julie and Dominic hated each other or Dominic and Emme or Billy with either Becky or Kelly, but not with this. That said, if KSt hated RP and wanted out and that's why Naxie are breaking up, if that was the case, and FV was willing to break them up for KSt, I think it would have happened by now, that's how long I've been seeing this rumor creep around.

The agenda is the people who keep posting that "RP has been fired."

Kevin and Laura is baffling to me. I love both characters but if that is her rumored new romance that's just Mad Libs AFAIC. No thanks.

It all reminds me a lot of the dying days of ATWT - pair up whoever, push bad stories and then, as the budget bleeds away, spend a lot of time in cheap outdoor remotes. Whenever a soap starts spending a lot of time out in an actual park off the soundstage you know they're on the way out!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

Kevin and Laura is baffling to me. I love both characters but if that is her rumored new romance that's just Mad Libs AFAIC. No thanks.

It all reminds me a lot of the dying days of ATWT - pair up whoever, push bad stories and then, as the budget bleeds away, spend a lot of time in cheap outdoor remotes. Whenever a soap starts spending a lot of time out in an actual park off the soundstage you know they're on the way out!

I was thinking the same exact thing, on both accounts.

I think the couple who hate each other - if it's from GH - may be Kirsten Storms and Ryan Paevey. Scuttlebutt is she doesn't like him because he dated and cheated on her sister apparently.

I'm not saying it's not them, but the BI specifically stated that the male half can't stand the female half, not the other way around or mutual.  

I'm not saying it's not them, but the BI specifically stated that the male half can't stand the female half, not the other way around or mutual.  

oh, whoops. Good catch.

• Love 1

That honestly didn't even occur to me, especially since we know Lucy's coming back.  I figured Laura was bending his ear about something related to the Helena mystery.

Whatever's going on, the fact that they actually treat Laura like someone worth showing in promos is a giant step forward. 

• Love 3

It occured to me that sadly it would not surprise me if Frank wanted to write out Lulu and Dante simply because he doesn't want to build them a new set.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

It's still interesting to me that he'd fire both Dom and Emme as some pkg deal, though. This show makes me bonkers.

Do you think he'd keep DZ if Emme wanted to go though? I have my doubts.

Do you think he'd keep DZ if Emme wanted to go though? I have my doubts.

Really? I think both characters/actors can stand on their own. It's legit strange to me that Frank would see them as only a pairing.

• Love 2

Really? I think both characters/actors can stand on their own. It's legit strange to me that Frank would see them as only a pairing.

But that's what I was asking, about what you thought Frank would do with DZ if Emme decided to leave on her own. It wasn't a statement on my thoughts about whether they can stand alone. Which I think they can do. Although I'm biased and I would prefer they left together. Especially in this GH where neither of them have a chance of decent writing for another pairing. Maybe if another writer were still around. And no, I'm not referring to Guza specifically, just any decent writer in general.

But I guess why I can see why Frank thinks of them as only a pairing. I don't think DZ is his type, I think he hired Emme with mostly Lante in mind, and Lulu and Dante were firmly entrenched as a pairing by the time he became E.P. and I don't think he cared enough about either character or actor to ask any of the writers to explore them outside the pairing.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And he's with Laura, interesting!

And ugh, there's a quick shot of Dillon seemingly checking out Kiki.  Please no!

I thought you'd be excited about Kevin. It's good to see him again, and I don't think him and Laura are being paired necessarily. I just think they're doing some vet character scenes which can't be a bad thing. I mean, they can with this writing but it's still nice to see.

My very UO, I'm sure - I don't mind a Dillon/Kiki chem test for the following reasons: 1) Getting her away from Morgan will be good for my sanity, because when they are together I want to kill both of them and anyone around me (good thing I live alone). She's mildly more tolerable away from Morgan. 2) If they're not going to put Dillon with his best pairing, Val, might as well see what else can be done. He's not a great character this version anyway, and while the scenes of him and Tracy have been great recently, that's not going to last that much longer. He needs to get another story going.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6

But that's what I was asking, about what you thought Frank would do with DZ if Emme decided to leave on her own. It wasn't a statement on my thoughts about whether they can stand alone. Which I think they can do. Although I'm biased and I would prefer they left together. Especially in this GH where neither of them have a chance of decent writing for another pairing. Maybe if another writer were still around. And no, I'm not referring to Guza specifically, just any decent writer in general.

But I guess why I can see why Frank thinks of them as only a pairing. I don't think DZ is his type, I think he hired Emme in with mostly Lante in mind, and they Lulu and Dante were firmly entrenched as a pairing by the time he became E.P. and I don't think he cared enough about either character or actor to ask any of the writers to explore them outside the pairing.

I think Dante has a lot of options in storylines with characters like Jordan, Anna, Michael, Morgan, Sonny, Nathan. I don't know what Frank feels other than his stupid (IMO) decision to make Lulu the bad guy in Dante's cheating.

Regardless, you know how I feel, I want all my faves off the show.

• Love 3

I think Dante has a lot of options in storylines with characters like Jordan, Anna, Michael, Morgan, Sonny, Nathan. I don't know what Frank feels other than his stupid (IMO) decision to make Lulu the bad guy in Dante's cheating.

I think Dante and Nathan's story should be Nathan getting killed in Dante's arms and Dante spiraling out from there. ;) The ONS that should have happened is Maxie and Dante comforting each other, darn it.

I also think it would be nice if Dante got to be commissioner after 7 years already, but stupid Sonny ruins everything, darn it again (because it's already weird enough Dante is a detective in the town where he goes to his dad's Christmas parties).

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I think Dante and Nathan's story should be Nathan getting killed in Dante's arms and Dante spiraling out from there. ;) The ONS that should have happened is Maxie and Dante comforting each other, darn it.

I also think it would be nice if Dante got to be commissioner after 7 years already, but stupid Sonny ruins everything, darn it again (because it's already weird enough Dante is a detective in the town where he goes to his dad's Christmas parties).

How about Maxie and Nathan go together? I don't care how.

If Dante was allowed to dislike or even hate Sonny, that father-son conflict would be amazing, but noooooooo. We can't have that.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Agreed!

Although maybe Dante and Nathan should go off into the sunset and Lulu and Maxie finally go romantic, heh.

• Love 1

"Yes! More time for Valerie and Claudette!" -Frank

If you think Maura West's New York/Jersey/Staten Island accent was good, wait till you hear her French-Canadian one.

• Love 9

Yes, sadly, I think I would be perfectly fine if Maxie left, but preferably without detective plywood. Johnny, Spin, and JMB's Lulu are gone and her friendship with Sam is a distant memory. The Crimson thing is mildly interesting to me but it's not enough to overcome the stench of being stuck with the boring ass lame ass nothingness that is talking tree. 

I do too, but I can't think of what agenda people saying KSt doesn't like RP could have. Like I got ulterior motives when people said that Julie and Dominic hated each other or Dominic and Emme or Billy with either Becky or Kelly, but not with this. That said, if KSt hated RP and wanted out and that's why Naxie are breaking up, if that was the case, and FV was willing to break them up for KSt, I think it would have happened by now, that's how long I've been seeing this rumor creep around.

I mean, I guess it could be from BA fans. Whether we like to admit it or not, Spixie DO still have fans out there. Or it could be people who still want JoMax (which, good luck on getting that now).

But that's all I've got. 

ETA: Okay, so it's actually the guy hating the woman. The only immediate response I have in mind to that is "jealous lovestruck fan girls." And I feel gross typing that. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

My very UO, I'm sure - I don't mind a Dillon/Kiki chem test for the following reasons: 1) Getting her away from Morgan will be good for my sanity, because when they are together I want to kill both of them and anyone around me (good thing I live alone). She's mildly more tolerable away from Morgan. 2) If they're not going to put Dillon with his best pairing, Val, might as well see what else can be done. He's not a great character this version anyway, and while the scenes of him and Tracy have been great recently, that's not going to last that much longer. He needs to get another story going.

I agree with all of this. I actually almost got kind of excited when I saw that in the promo. IDEK!

• Love 4

The problem for me with a Dillon/Kiki chem test?  What's the point.  Because he, a Quartermaine, is never going to win against Morgan, a Corinthos, especially given the show's desperate desire to push Morgan and Kiki as soul mates or whatever.  Nor have I liked Kiki's bad mouthing slash treatment of the Quartermaines in the past.

• Love 6

So will Dillon be without a pairing then? Because there's no one else in his orbit romantically at all. Which, not everyone has to be coupled off but he's young and relatively good looking so it just looks weird.

There's that new nurse that's coming.  Or you could reintroduce someone like Serena.  I guess I just don't see the benefit for Dillon of being cannon fodder in Morgan and Kiki's "star-crossed love story" or whatever.

• Love 1

They could just make Dillon bi and put him with Lucas or make it a triangle with those two and Griffin. Or Dillon/Hayden/Curtis. Or Dillon/Hayden/Curtis/Andre/Jordan. I'm willing to accept any configuration that gets Lucas and Hayden away from the people they're currently involved with and keeps as many people as possible away from Kiki and Morgan. 

• Love 2

Sadly, that may be because so many of the references to them were about "Lante" - and not about "Dante" and "Lulu."  When this terribly-written cheating story was foisted upon us, I then saw a lot more references to the individual characters.  However, for the longest time in various places, I saw the single name "Lante" used much more than the individual names. 

I'd be more interested in Dillon going bi than any of this shit. But I still don't care at all about this recast. And the idea of NuDillon and NuKiki together is just mind-numbing to me. Where is the audience for that? Let alone the charisma? Meanwhile Curtis can barely get a story.

• Love 7

Sadly, that may be because so many of the references to them were about "Lante" - and not about "Dante" and "Lulu."  When this terribly-written cheating story was foisted upon us, I then saw a lot more references to the individual characters.  However, for the longest time in various places, I saw the single name "Lante" used much more than the individual names. 

I dunno, if Frank cared that much about what people online were saying and how they were saying it, we would have gotten dead Franco ages ago :(

• Love 11

I dunno, if Frank cared that much about what people online were saying and how they were saying it, we would have gotten dead Franco ages ago :(

LOL - possibly.  But here's the thing with Franco - I visit places where he has become very well received and also have seen many indications that, in spite of the considerable annoyance of his Franco persona, his OLTL support and support for the actor himself have been an effective counterbalance to the specific Franco hate. 

The Lante thing, on the other hand, has been pretty well universal. 

LOL - possibly.  But here's the thing with Franco - I visit places where he has become very well received and also have seen many indications that, in spite of the considerable annoyance of his Franco persona, his OLTL support and support for the actor himself have been an effective counterbalance to the specific Franco hate. 

The Lante thing, on the other hand, has been pretty well universal. 

What are the sites, I'd like to check them out. Goodbye everyone, just in case I come back converted after I look.

• Love 8

Sadly, that may be because so many of the references to them were about "Lante" - and not about "Dante" and "Lulu." When this terribly-written cheating story was foisted upon us, I then saw a lot more references to the individual characters. However, for the longest time in various places, I saw the single name "Lante" used much more than the individual names.

I think the majority of people talk about ships/romantic pairings over individual characters. At least in my personal experience and from what I've seen. That's not exclusive to Lante. And, also, for years and years soaps have dealt with actors leaving/actors being fired and their "other half/pairing" rarely goes with them. I dunno, these are just my thoughts on it.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

But here's the thing with Franco - I visit places where he has become very well received and also have seen many indications that, in spite of the considerable annoyance of his Franco persona, his OLTL support and support for the actor himself have been an effective counterbalance to the specific Franco hate.

Yeah, but those people are stupid.

• Love 10

Franco needs to be murdered and that's just the way it has to be. I'm sorry if his fans and/or Roger Howarth fans are upset (no I'm not). 

• Love 8

Franco needs to be murdered and that's just the way it has to be. I'm sorry if his fans and/or Roger Howarth fans are upset (no I'm not). 

I don't care about Roger Howarth or his fans...I just care that Scott will have had a third child he met in adulthood murdered, because Ron wanted to rent seek using  Scott's history with the show. Just have him do a DNA test with Franco to find out that (surprise) Heather was lying about Scott. 

• Love 2

Hell, I consider myself a Roger Howarth fan and I wish every freaking day of my life that Franco would be murdered.  The past few years have been flat-out excruciating.

• Love 11

Hell, I consider myself a Roger Howarth fan and I wish every freaking day of my life that Franco would be murdered.  The past few years have been flat-out excruciating.

Ditto. If Howarth had been brought on as a recast Tom Hardy or a long-lost Quartermaine or the elusive Valentin Cassadine...but he wasn't and Franco is fucking unbearable and is in fact one of the things that drove me to the barge. The character was killed off at the end of James Franco's bizarre publicity stunt and that should have been the end of him.

• Love 9

Apparently these casting calls went out:

Two white young college age kids- a boy and a girl- and a black college aged guy
A 20 something girl that either knows Griffin or Nathan
An older white guy that seems to have a son and a mob connection

• Love 1

Apparently these casting calls went out:

Two white young college age kids- a boy and a girl- and a black college aged guy

A 20 something girl that either knows Griffin or Nathan

An older white guy that seems to have a son and a mob connection

Do we think the black college aged guy is a TJ recast?  And is the 20 something who knows Griffin or Nathan Claudette?

Two white young college age kids- a boy

'Must have pretty face and young looks. Not too pretty, masculine but soft butch. Dreamy eyes and a nice smile. Poetry in one's soul and open to life experience. Could pass for sixteen, it's legal in the UK. Come on, these are just facts, don't be a prude. Abs of a 25 year old runner. Actually, bring running clothes.'

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10