Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

How did I miss this!? I loooove when characters who know nothing about a situation try to enlighten someone else about it.

Well, Patrick knows Sam and Jason were married and Liz had his kid. In other words, he seems to know the juicy pertinent bits. And at this point, I give no shits who gives Jakeson the lowdown if it means we're closer to the fucking reveal. If Patrick can nudge that along, he's a hero in my eyes.

• Love 3
I loooove when characters who know nothing about a situation try to enlighten someone else about it.

Patrick has more right to talk about this than Lauren did trying to school Michael about Franco. At least Patrick was around when some of this was happening.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Patrick had no involvement in Sam and Liz's problems. He doesn't know the context of Liz's relationship with Jason, which started way before he arrived. He has no idea except whatever crap the show wants to pretend happened off-screen where Liz and Sam "told him everything." We can agree to disagree on this!

Edited by HeatLifer

Patrick had no involvement in Sam and Liz's problems. He doesn't know the context of Liz's relationship with Jason, which started way before he arrived. He has no idea except whatever crap the show wants to pretend happened off-screen where Liz and Sam "told him everything." We can agree to disagree on this!

Yeah, we'll agree to disagree here.  :-)  Sure, Patrick wasn't around for the genesis of the holy Liason, but he was around for the ensuing shit, starting with when Sam got shot and onward. And because Scrubs were regrettably friends with Liz.

Still, as I said, if Patrick can get Jakeson to get off his lazy ass and remember who he is, that's just awesome.

• Love 6

If Morgan is going to be diagnosed as bipolar-I'm assuming he's Silas's killer, and that is going to be his out. I've watched enough Law and Order to know it can be a defense to get people out of a murder charge in the fictional world(have no idea how well it works IRL). It kind of annoys me though, to go the "mental disease" route.

If Morgan is the killer-I wonder if BC is being let go.

• Love 1

I don't get what being "there" has to do with it, though? He wasn't friends with Sam or Jason. He doesn't know the inner workings of their relationship. And, yes, Robin and Patrick were friends with Liz, but that doesn't mean they know how crazy her love of Jason was.

But, yeah, if it triggers the reveal, sure.

• Love 1

Yeah, we'll agree to disagree here.  :-)  Sure, Patrick wasn't around for the genesis of the holy Liason, but he was around for the ensuing shit, starting with when Sam got shot and onward. And because Scrubs were regrettably friends with Liz.

Still, as I said, if Patrick can get Jakeson to get off his lazy ass and remember who he is, that's just awesome.

Yeah, he was around for when the rivalry actually started. Pre 2006 Liz and Sam barely knew each other's names.

• Love 2

I guess the thing in common Paul and Dillon will have, is that their first wives/loves died? Georgie by murder, and I believe Paul's first wife, Susan's mother, had ovarian cancer or something? I still think Hayden is going to turn out to be Susan for some reason. They will want to tie her to some family if they're going to keep her, and unless she's Jimmy Lee's kid, she isn't going to be a Q, and I doubt she's a Spencer or Cassadine.

I might actually watch those scenes, I like the father/son vibe I saw with those two.

Who is Susan?

I'm sure the Patrick character got tapped to tell Jakeson the history because he's involved with Sam, hated Sonny and Jason, is the only sort of real friend Elizabeth has right now, Jakeson doesn't hate him (as opposed to crazypants Nik), and can give a loosely accurate summary of the situation because he was around at the time. He worked with Liz on a daily basis. I remember when Liz was pregnant and confessed to Epiphany she wasn't sure if Lucky was the father of unborn Jake, Epip assumed the other candidate was Patrick because he was her friend and so flirty with her - I think Lucky was jealous, assuming Patrick was trying to have an affair with Liz. We'll see if he shares true-to-history insights. That's IF Show remembers/acknowledges that Liz and Robin discussed Jason because they understood each other about the whole being in love with Jason crap. I remember Liz saying she would be totally fine with being Jason's woman, risks be damned, if she didn't have the kids' safety to consider. 

• Love 3

Patrick and Liz mostly talked about Lucky, though. And what Robin knows is a different story. But just to clarify, I'm not debating that Patrick is all caught up on history based on off-screen convos the show can just say happened. That's the beauty of Ron's GH. All the good stuff is off-screen.

Although based on what we've seen of Sam's convos with Patrick, her stories are very one-sided to say the least. So Patrick's history isn't necessarily truth. It's based on biased accounts.

I agree with you, HeatLifer. My thinking is that the three characters currently on-screen who were around the Sam/Jason/Lucky/Liz mess pretty consistently include Patrick, Nikolas, and Maxie. Patrick saw Liz daily at that time and was her friend; Nik cared but had his own stuff going on beyond the hospital (also Em was pro-Liz and Jason when they were getting back together), and Maxie hated Liz because she wanted Lucky for herself. So Patrick's in the best position to talk about it, esp. because of all those off-screen convos with Robin we can be sure happened. Or maybe he'll say he heard Liz going on and on and on to Robin about her great love with Jason. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama

http://soapcentral.com/gh/cont...

Looks like Patrick joins the others under the bus

Hayden shares a secret with Patrick

Patrick makes a desperate attempt to hold onto Sam

Patrick talks to Jake about Elizabeth and Sam

Ava manages to keep Franco from spilling her secrets

Nina confronts Ava

Scott is faced with an impossible situation

Ric makes an unexpected career change

Dillon begins to bond with his father

Lulu is moved by Dillon's script

Lulu examines her rocky relationship with Dante

Valerie is determined to move on

Maxie apologizes to Valerie

Sonny is certain Julian is responsible for the hijacked shipments

Sonny takes steps to lure Julian out of the shadows

Carly and Sonny question Morgan about his odd behavior

Nathan and Dante make a shocking discovery

Lucas and Brad have a heated argument

A sneak peek at next week
Brad opens up about his past

Julian overhears a conversation between Liesl and Ava

Molly has reservations about T.J. living with her uncle

Nina decides to sacrifice herself to save Franco

My guess:  Patrick finds out Jake is Jason and decides to propose to Sam.  Robin be damned

• Love 1

It's about time Patrick joins everyone under the bus.

The way I see it, it should never have gotten so far to put anyone under the bus. Yes, even Liz, whom I hate. But I'll forever think - even with all this - it fits Liz's obsession.

But this reveal should have happened AT LEAST 6 months ago.

But the show is shit, so it doesn't surprise me that more have to be ruined to protect the great Jason. Status quo reigns supreme there.

But this all fails for me at the Samtrick angle because I don't see this great desperate lurve. If I did, maybe it would make sense. But it's all very fuck buddies to me. Meh, whatever. I kind of dig this, really, for Patrick. He sees Jason as ruining his life, now he can fuck with Jason's.

• Love 3

The way I see it, it should never have gotten so far to put anyone under the bus. Yes, even Liz, whom I hate. But I'll forever think - even with all this - it fits Liz's obsession.

But this reveal should have happened AT LEAST 6 months ago.

But the show is shit, so it doesn't surprise me that more have to be ruined to protect the great Jason. Status quo reigns supreme there.

It's not just about protecting Jason. It's about JaSam. Liz and Nik are WILDLY OOC. WILDLY. All to keep JaSam apart longer. It's the same with Patrick. With this latest spoiler, if true, it's the Robin angle that will make him look bad, IMO. But the show won't go there. It will be about Patrick's love for Sam and keeping her from Jason.

• Love 2

It's not just about protecting Jason. It's about JaSam. Liz and Nik are WILDLY OOC. WILDLY. All to keep JaSam apart longer. It's the same with Patrick. With this latest spoiler, if true, it's the Robin angle that will make him look bad, IMO. But the show won't go there. It will be about Patrick's love for Sam and keeping her from Jason.

We've discussed this - and disagreed regularly, LOL! - about Robin. And I still think she is ignored until these hacks want her back. Because if she is addressed, that would mean acknowledging the pink elephant. I do agree it makes no sense given the shit with Jason, but at this point, I think Frank and his merry band of hacks - whether this is still Ron's shit or that of hack 1 and hack 2 - want "out of sight, out of mind" as the theme here.

• Love 2

We've discussed this - and disagreed regularly, LOL! - about Robin. And I still think she is ignored until these hacks want her back. Because if she is addressed, that would mean acknowledging the pink elepant. I do agree it makes no sense given the shit with Jason, but at this point, I think Frank and his merry band of hacks - whether this is still Ron's shit or that of hack 1 and hack 2 - want "out of sight, out of mind" as the theme here.

Heh.

I mean, they can do the "out of sight, out of mind" thing all they want. It doesn't change the fact that Robin told Patrick that Jason died. For him not to try to call or contact her if he finds out on top of already knowing about Victor, Faison, Helena? Can't just sweep that under the rug for some viewers.

• Love 2

Heh.

I mean, they can do the "out of sight, out of mind" thing all they want. It doesn't change the fact that Robin told Patrick that Jason died. For him not to try to call or contact her if he finds out on top of already knowing about Victor, Faison, Helena? Can't just sweep that under the rug for some viewers.

But the history has been revised so many fucking times, I'm not surprised that this is being ignored. It is what it is, but now it just wants me to see JaSam go belly up. I may hate the bulk of the characters involved and hate that the fuckery is spreading like a disease, but I'm so fucking tired of Jason being protected. I know it is also for JaSam, but as Jason is the male half, that is where my disgust is the most. And Sam is now suddenly purity personified to match him and just...no. Yuck. Same feelings I had for saintly Jiz in 2006/2007.

• Love 3

But the history has been revised so many fucking times, I'm not surprised that this is being ignored. It is what it is, but now it just wants me to see JaSam go belly up. I may hate the bulk of the characters involved and hate that the fuckery is spreading like a disease, but I'm so fucking tired of Jason being protected. I know it is also for JaSam, but as Jason is the male half, that is where my disgust is the most. And Sam is now suddenly purity personified to match him and just...no. Yuck. Same feelings I had for saintly Jiz in 2006/2007.

I just want them to get JaSam together already, to be honest. I want Liz and Patrick out of this alternate universe where they're completely obsessed and in love with people they make NO sense with.

• Love 2

I just want the characters to be at least vaguely recognizable again. I want the last two years to be AJ's coma dream and I want our script writers back - Also? Rum. Lots of it because I'm going to try to watch today's episode

• Love 6

Yeesh, those spoilers.  At this point, they should just shitcan the rest of the Ron episodes, air some classic GH in the time slot until for a few weeks, and have the new writing team start fresh.  Go back to some point and declare it was someone's dream or jump forward in time to some point well past this shit and just never speak of it again.  Something.  

And make Jake not Jason, to just get rid of this whole "the whole town is going to know and get thrown under the bus by keeping the secret" shit. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 7

Olivia, already?

I simply don't understand why Olivia is returning. I'm sure Lisa LoCicero is a lovely woman, but this character has been superfluous since Original Kate was gone. I just don't get why she is around.

• Love 3

My annotations are below, in bold ...

http://soapcentral.com/gh/cont...

Looks like Patrick joins the others under the bus

Hayden shares a secret with Patrick

Patrick makes a desperate attempt to hold onto Sam  ​    Patrick was ruined about a year ago ... does this even matter anymore?

Ava manages to keep Franco from spilling her secrets          By killing him?!!!  Please let it be so!!

Nina confronts Ava                                                                  Death for one of these idiots, please.  

Scott is faced with an impossible situation                             Wait, don't tell me -- he's the new head writer, trying to fix this mess!!

Ric makes an unexpected career change                               So ... he's the new co-head writer?

Sonny is certain Julian is responsible for the hijacked shipments      Just when you thought the mob shit couldn't get more boring ...

Sonny takes steps to lure Julian out of the shadows

Carly and Sonny question Morgan about his odd behavior                I hate all of these people ...

Nathan and Dante make a shocking discovery                                  This one I actually can't predict ... oh, wait, it's something to do with poor      

dead Silas, isn't it?                              

Julian overhears a conversation between Liesl and Ava                                        Zzzzzzzzzzzz ......

Molly has reservations about T.J. living with her uncle                                           Molly has custody of the town brain!

Nina decides to sacrifice herself to save Franco                                                    Yes, please kill yourself, Nina.  One down!

• Love 3
Olivia, already?

That seems right—LiLoC has been gone for about three months. No one's said boo about Olivia being gone. I wonder if she'll slink back into town with her rage-blackout baby. This is a story I don't care about.

Ric makes an unexpected career change

"Conflict of interest" becomes a plot point for Scott, and he has to step down as DA. Ric takes over, because Jasus knows being married to one of the possible killers of Silas makes him suitable.

Molly has reservations about T.J. living with her uncle

Is she being time-warped back a few months when TJ moves in with Sonny? Because that was the time to have reservations.

• Love 2

Patrick was ruined about a year ago ... does this even matter anymore?

No, but mostly because I think the show will still protect him. He'll keep the secret out of his undying love for his new soulmate he's ready to marry after 4 months!

• Love 1

Olivia, already?

Who else could it be, though? I don't think even the people who type up the spoilers would have the balls to call Valerie a surprise guest but you never know.

Ghost!Connie out for revenge!

It doesn't have to make sense, nothing else does.

ETA: The above as brought to you by Francie's GH T-shirt Slogans.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 4

Who else could it be, though? I don't think even the people who type up the spoilers would have the balls to call Valerie a surprise guest but you never know.

I thought Lisa LoCicero like just went back to work last week, that's why I was surprised she'd already be in scenes.  Well whether it's now or later, Olivia's reentry is going to be annoying, given Ned's gone and they'll have to dig her out from under the Dead Baby Lie.

Maybe the surprise visitor is Anna Donely.  Or Kailey Cassadine. ;)

"Conflict of interest" becomes a plot point for Scott, and he has to step down as DA. Ric takes over, because Jasus knows being married to one of the possible killers of Silas makes him suitable.

You know what, Scotty probably steps down so he can be Franco's lawyer, EW!  Will poor Scotty's suffering for being related to this SERIAL KILLING fool ever end?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Patrick is the only one who makes sense keeping the damn Jason secret. That's not a bus. It's a mere speed bump in the way of PC life. It's a bus a running when he learns Robin has again been kidnapped and no fucks are given.

I don't want bipolar Morgan. I want Morgan has brain damage from when Carly was shot by Sonny whilw giving birth to him in a cave or something.

And if Michael doesn't gwt to lol and point in Kimi's face,well, that's not cool.

• Love 3

I thought Lisa LoCicero like just went back to work last week, that's why I was surprised she'd already be in scenes.  Well whether it's now or later, Olivia's reentry is going to be annoying, given Ned's gone and they'll have to dig her out from under the Dead Baby Lie.

Maybe the surprise visitor is Anna Donely.  Or Kailey Cassadine ;)

Nooooooooo.

You're right though, I went and checked when Lisa was back filming and it's a leetle bit too soon. But it was two weeks ago, so they could have inserted something maybe.

Maybe it's Kristina? Or speaking of the baby lie, maybe it's Julian finally getting a clue.

LoCicero says she doesn't know much about the show's storyline intentions for Liv, but acknowledges, "The writers really got hit with a double whammy in terms of this storyline. You’ve got a burgeoning romance, one of them gets knocked up and the other one [Wally Kurth, ex-Ned; Justin, DAYS] leaves unexpectedly [laughs]! It’s kind of like, ‘Uh, good luck coming up with something smooth for this!’"

LOL. Olivia can be a real pill, but LiLoC is a hoot.

• Love 9

Yeesh, those spoilers.  At this point, they should just shitcan the rest of the Ron episodes, air some classic GH in the time slot until for a few weeks, and have the new writing team start fresh.  Go back to some point and declare it was someone's dream or jump forward in time to some point well past this shit and just never speak of it again.  Something.  

They should take a page from DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and jump forward five years.  "Hey, remember the time that Jason finally got revealed as his true self?"  "Oh, yeah, that was some crazy shit, man, good thing it's all cleared up now".

Patrick is the only one who makes sense keeping the damn Jason secret. 

He was also the only one who could have logically found out without the plot being twisted into knots to service the discovery.  So my reaction to him finally discovering the stupid secret is, "It's about damn time!"

• Love 3

He was also the only one who could have logically found out without the plot being twisted into knots to service the discovery. So my reaction to him finally discovering the stupid secret is, "It's about damn time!"

See, I'm with you here. And kinda still stunned by the reax elsewhere to this, as if Patrick would never ever do something shady, as if it's more in character for Liz to keep a man's identity a secret while she screws him or for Nik to suddenly be OK with offing random women. Like, there's this "Not our perfect Patrick!" response that's just so odd to me because that's never who Patrick was. Patrick was a fuck up for the majority of his years on the show. This whole treating Sam (and only Sam) like a queen is a new creation courtesy of Ron.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

See, I'm with you here. And kinda still stunned by the reax elsewhere to this, as if Patrick would never ever do something shady, as if it's more in character for Liz to keep a man's identity a secret while she screws him or for Nik to suddenly be OK with offing random women. Like, there's this "Not our perfect Patrick!" response that's just so odd to me because that's never who Patrick was. Patrick was a fuck up for the majority of his years on the show. This whole treating Sam (and only Sam) like a queen is a new creation courtesy of Ron.

Patrick did some awful shit, i.e. hiding Robin's medication tampering, but as bad as it was, I sort of got it was because of both selfish (not wanting the ONS to be discovered) and sort of unselfish (guilt for his fuck up) reasons. So I, for lack of a better word, understood that if not agreed with it.

This hiding the secret of the Holy Hitman and just being a straight up selfish douche - like Liz and Nik - makes ZERO sense to me here. Maybe because I don't buy Samtrick, but this doesn't seem natural to me at all and screams plot point. Same for Nik, and I never even liked him. But I have no idea what these morons are going for with Nik. As heinous as Liz is, I do think it is in character for her as she seemed fairly clingy about Jason from word go.

Tomato, tomahto. I just hope another character being ran over (up to four, forgot about Laura) for the fantabulousness that is a fucking serial killer (no, not Franco - this time, but hey, cousins, so it works!) causes ratings to play "how low can they go". It all just makes me want to roll my eyes, then puke.

• Love 3

I don't necessarily disagree on some points with you. But, in my eyes, what's not natural is Patrick's perfect characterization and his perfect relationship with Sam. I am more willing to buy that Patrick would keep this secret to keep his relationship in tact and to rid Jason from the town than "Patrick is perfect and Sam is perfect and their conflicts only last .02 seconds and look! they deserve happiness bc they're perfect!"

• Love 1

Any more of this secret being dragged out by anyone at this point should make the ratings tank (even more). This terribly written story has been dragging on FOR A YEAR and change. With no payoff in sight.

It has, I assume, reached Fluke levels of "people have stopped caring in droves!"

• Love 4

I'm kinda shipping Greenlee and Patrick. I'd buy it if she hates Jason for ..... reasons (lol) and Patrick is over Sam being drawn to Jason, Robin having to save Jason. Jason, Jason, Jason. So they conspire together and have hot sex and get revenge. I can buy Patrick doing this more than anything lately.

• Love 1

It would've made more sense for Patrick to be the only one to figure it out and to keep the secret because he wants to keep Danny after losing Gabriel and because he hates Jason.

Patrick and Sam aren't being written as perfect, they've been gutted.

There's no there, there. No conflict, no chem, no sign of their personalities.

At this point, I don't think this story is tortured to sanctify and protect Jasus - I think RC is just a terrible HW who desperately needed a partner to structure his terrible stories so they had decent pacing even if they were lacking romance, motivation, and consistent characterization.

Unspoiled spec - RC still hadn't figured out the end of the Jasus story when he was fired

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7