Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I do wonder when FV finally threw in the towel on ME, after defiantly re-signing him this year against all our sane expectations.

I guess it was the actual signing that did it. Like FV actually had to go through with it to realize, no, this really wasn't the best choice.

Either that or falling ratings + expense made him realize he had to cut a corner somewhere and ME was playing one of the more expendable characters.

• Love 3
(edited)

Huzzah! Although he is less offensive right now than Franco, Nina and Ava's wig

Feels a little like a virgin sacrifice thrown into the volcano so he can keep RoHo and MS

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
(edited)

I do wonder when FV finally threw in the towel on ME, after defiantly re-signing him this year against all our sane expectations.

I'm just glad he did.  I have never thought ME was all that and a bag of chips.

I assume he's the one being murdered?  Ugh, watching Kiki mourn will be annoying.  And now she'll never have to work because she'll just inherit everything from him, blech.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

There's an opening to get rid of her.  Silas is dead, she finds out about Morgan and AvaDenise and writes them both off, and then hops a bus to NYC for good to live with Delia.

Or she jumps off the pier.

Either or.

• Love 5
(edited)

She's walking and she falls down an open well . . . so many possibilities!

I remember reading about some foreign soap where this bitchy bad girl character was moving away from the town and told off everybody she knew.  And as she headed out, she got knocked in the head or something and fell into a pit and got buried alive in concrete.  And then nobody mentioned her again.

That sounds perfect for our Keeks!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Maybe when he realized he could just have a cardboard cut out of him and get the same energy.

Except that I was appreciating his snark.  And he was tied to the hospital.  Sorta. 

But he's one of the people more tied to the Nina/Westbourne/Obrecht family, and for that reason alone, I saw hazzah! That entire family needs to go down in a blaze and fast.  But Franco and Nina desperately are at the top of the list.

• Love 3

But he's one of the people more tied to the Nina/Westbourne/Obrecht family

Let's not forget that Nina and Magda and, in part, Nathan were created to give Silas story and push Silas and Sam.

• Love 2

Step in the right direction, though I wouldn't have chosen him first. He's probably the least annoying right now of RC's creations, and hardly seen anyway. I wish Kiki was going first, or Franco, or Nina. Hopefully those announcements are not far behind.

• Love 2

I think FV was the biggest backer of ME - I'm not sure how much interest Ron ever had in Silas, as opposed to his various relations - so I am very curious what went down there.

As for Franco, I would love for him to go out a la Jeremy Hunter on Loving during the Loving Murders: Becoming entombed as a piece of Franco-eque modern art.

• Love 8

I still want the giant "G" and "H" letters to literally fall off the hospital and crush Freaks & Neens to death. And they have that outdoor/entry way set. Just show random people stepping over and around their bodies and totally not giving a fuck.

• Love 9

I still want the giant "G" and "H" letters to literally fall off the hospital and crush Freaks & Neens to death. And they have that outdoor/entry way set. Just show random people stepping over and around their bodies and totally not giving a fuck.

Like Reese and the train wreck, part 2!

(edited)

You know, I'm not dying to see her or anything, but if Heather wanted to pop in for an episode and stab Franco to death while screaming, "NOT MY SON NOT MY SON!!!" over and over, ...I'd allow it.

In fact, if/when they get rid of Franco, I reeeally would love them to retcon away Scotty being his dad.  Free Scotty!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

Does anyone know when the first epi with the new writers will be?

It seems unclear. The date of August 10th was given, but I don't know if that's the day stuff shows up or if it's the day JP/SA start writing said new stuff.

I think they're maybe 3-8 weeks out on airing. I don't expect their official work to start airing til September at the earliest. I know they will be onscreen before November sweeps, and I am sure they'll be heavily tweaking the redline crisis areas (i.e., 90% of the show) in the meantime.

• Love 2

'Cause there's no way the ratings are going to get better. If anything, I see it getting worse. I'd think ABC would want new shit pronto.

I do think JP/SA is GH's last stand. If things do not tick upward fast (and I know this isn't enough time, but I don't see ABC caring about that) that, come January, we'll have the cancellation announcement and wrap up by fall, as AMC/OLTL did.

I think Frank is capable of doing a Gloria Monty '78 special, i.e. trashing material and getting new shit onscreen ASAP. He's scrapped and done turnaround like that before, maybe not as tight. The question is, will he. Like I said, if I'm him I am swallowing my pissy pride and getting Kimberly McCullough back on-set tonight. "Look, everyone, I'm back! Please don't stop watching!"

I do think JP/SA is GH's last stand. If things do not tick upward fast (and I know this isn't enough time, but I don't see ABC caring about that) that, come January, we'll have the cancellation announcement and wrap up by fall, as AMC/OLTL did.

I agree. Which is a shame, because with a better team (an old hand and Ron, or just an old hand and new hand and no Ron) I think they could make it beyond 2016.

I know Frank has been bound and determined to get another two-year pick-up. If that's really what he wants I can't imagine why he didn't stop this shit sooner.

• Love 5

I think Frank is capable of doing a Gloria Monty '78 special, i.e. trashing material and getting new shit onscreen ASAP. He's scrapped and done turnaround like that before, maybe not as tight. The question is, will he. Like I said, if I'm him I am swallowing my pissy pride and getting Kimberly McCullough back on-set tonight. "Look, everyone, I'm back! Please don't stop watching!"

Yup. They need a Robin Returns promo. Like, STAT. Especially with Geary gone. But, alas, I don't see that happening. So what they do need is the Jason reveal. Fans want to see how everyone reacts to Jake being Jason and Liz's lie.

• Love 6

What's crazy is that GH's new writers will be on-air around the same time Days' new writers are and they got hired, like, forever ago.

And seriously, as bad as DAYS can be, aren't they competing in some markets? Maybe? Or no? Either way, good luck grabbing eyeballs from their 50th. Even I might watch that.

What's crazy is that GH's new writers will be on-air around the same time Days' new writers are and they got hired, like, forever ago.

I'm perplexed as to why Days of Our Lives tapes six months in advance. It doesn't allow for quick changes which leads to trouble when you're trying to keep people tuned in.

I think that will be GH's big rival since, right now, Days is seeing a bit of a resurgence because of its 50th Anniversary hype. And the actual anniversary isn't until November.

So GH really needs to bring its A-game now.

• Love 2

I'm perplexed as to why Days of Our Lives tapes six months in advance. It doesn't allow for quick changes which leads to trouble when you're trying to keep people tuned in.

Because they're cheap as fuck. Possibly moreso than GH, or so I am told.

• Love 1

Because they're cheap as fuck. Possibly moreso than GH, or so I am told.

It's ridiculous. Yet...I kinda, sorta get the $$$$$$ motive. Soaps are gasping, and any penny saved to the suits is a victory. Even if it doesn't translate quite as nicely for the audience.

Yup. They need a Robin Returns promo. Like, STAT. Especially with Geary gone. But, alas, I don't see that happening. So what they do need is the Jason reveal. Fans want to see how everyone reacts to Jake being Jason and Liz's lie.

Or actually show the fact that Genie is back.

The problem with their promos is they suck. Like it'll be a bunch of (old) clips and then for example, you'll have a vague clip of Lulu saying "Do you have something to tell me??" or Dante kissing Valerie and saying "I don't care this is wrong." If I'm a lapsed GH viewer, I might be a little more interested if there was a voiceover guy saying "Dante cheated on Lulu!" or "Will Jason Remember?" or "Nikolas takes a hit out on someone!" Not the most amazing of hooks to be sure but it's better than vague "GH is hotter than ever this summer!" statements. or, "how can you top two live shows? With. Nothing!"

• Love 10

The problem with their promos is they suck. Like it'll be a bunch of (old) clips and then for example, you'll have a vague clip of Lulu saying "Do you have something to tell me??" or Dante kissing Valerie and saying "I don't care this is wrong." If I'm a lapsed GH viewer, I might be a little more interested if there was a voiceover guy saying "Dante cheated on Lulu!" or "Will Jason Remember?" or "Nikolas takes a hit out on someone!" Not the most amazing of hooks to be sure but it's better than vague "GH is hotter than ever this summer!" statements. or, "how can you top two live shows? With. Nothing!"

Completely agree. The promos showcase nothing except fluff like Sex! Shirtless Men! and they run the SAME clips like Patrick in the shower from 3 years ago!

• Love 2

I don't disagree, but we're back to chicken-and-egg here, because good promos (like in the '80s) cost money to make. Probably why all old clips are used now. But the cheap clips don't help the show make money, so half assing continues.

(edited)

I think what ulkis is saying is that, for better or ill, the promos need to spell out what stories are going on ("Will Laura keep Nikolas' secret?") instead of being vague, all, "Ooh, shirtless guy, things are hot, don't miss this", etc.

It's the like the stuff we're hearing about with Lucy's daughter.  Keeping that a secret doesn't help the show.  But publicizing it and letting Lucy fans or PC fans or even those who like a good teen scene know it's coming might bring in an eyeball or two.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I think what ulkis is saying is that, for better or ill, the promos need to spell out what stories are going on ("Will Laura keep Nikolas' secret?") instead of being vague, all, "Ooh, shirtless guy, things are hot, don't miss this", etc.

It's the like the stuff we're hearing about with Lucy's daughter.  Keeping that a secret doesn't help the show.  But publicizing it and let Lucy fans or PC fans or even those who like a good teen scene know it's coming might bring in an eyeball or two back in.

Yeah, exactly. I know they have to be cheap, but all you need is two clips and a "Liz finds out Jason is alive!" It would probably be easier than the stuff they're doing now.

I like ME, so I'm sorry to see him go. No one snarks at Morgan like Silas does. For that alone, he shouldn't be the first to leave. But it might just be his contract is up the earliest. 

I have to wonder if he didn't figure out what was up re: Ron getting shitcanned and got himself out while the getting was good.

Well, ME getting the boot will give him more time for his graphic novels.

Maybe Days will invite him back (to his first soap role) as Tanner Scofield. But I think he will land on his feet. But he never should have returned once McBain went buh bye.

• Love 1

I have to wonder if he didn't figure out what was up re: Ron getting shitcanned and got himself out while the getting was good.

I don't think so. He re-signed in January or February. Unless he had a 6 month contract, he was probably let go. I doubt he had an out this quickly either. 

• Love 2
It's the like the stuff we're hearing about with Lucy's daughter.  Keeping that a secret doesn't help the show.  But publicizing it and letting Lucy fans or PC fans or even those who like a good teen scene know it's coming might bring in an eyeball or two.

I can't help but think that the ridiculous vague promos are part of Ron's wanting every single thing to be a "big surprise!" But there has to be a happy medium between every single thing being a surprise and spoiling everything.  You can promo that Lucy's daughter is returning while keeping secret the circumstances of her return.   If there's some big surprise coming in the immediate future that they wanted to keep spoiled, they could have played that surprise out today.  Or play it out tomorrow, with a decent enough lead in to it at the end of today's episode or in the "on the next General Hospital" previews at the end.  A non-spoiled surprise isn't worth shit if nobody is watching when it happens on screen.

• Love 4

These spoilers just...how does a TV show manage to always exhaust me so, just trying to make sense of it all.

While I do rejoice the firing of that pompous, over confident, talentless windbag, especially since he will now have no say about or have anything to do with GH's finale, but honestly I just don't think that the show has much life left in it, despite having a new writing team.

To "fix" the show at this point, imho, would take way too much time and money and basically undoing the past three or so years of Ron's idiocy and culling about half the cast.

I truly do believe that they waited way too long to be rid of that jackass and the show has been damaged beyond repair.

Though I am a fan of Michael and have been for a long time, I really don't care if Silas is bumped off personally, but the very idea that the people left in charge of this show would actually cut a doctor while leaving a SERIAL KILLER free to roam and be considered a "main player" is just...really? They refuse to learn anything, not a good goddamn thing.

Not a single one of those nobbins are willing to accept that perhaps one of the top characters to be rid of as soon as possible would be a murderous rapist instead of a medical professional, who barely got even a quarter of the same amount of screen time anyway, on a show called "General Hospital...?

This show is just doomed, ding dong the witch is deadass doomed. None of the idiots in charge obviously want to succeed at this point as far as I can tell. I think ABC is just leaving GH be for now until it manages to figure out how to make "The Chew" two hours long or they whip up another unnecessary talk show.

• Love 2