Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Summer Should Be Fun

• Start Topic

Lindsay attempts to get her single summer back on track; Lauren moves on from Carl; Stephen is ready to take his fling more seriously but struggles with mixed signals; Carl asks for permission to let a new love interest spend the night.

Carl's being a nicer person that I'd be with Stephen's attitude! Carl's the one that should be PO'd, not Stephen! A trust was betrayed; the other called a liar! Both at fault; get over it b!tch/Stephen! ;-(

• Love 8

Yeah, Carl was trying to make it right this time.  Stephen was being a jerk about it.  

Not quite understanding the Stephen and his date conflict. Might not have been paying enough attention.

Lindsey -- major side-boob!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, Carl was trying to make it right this time.  Stephen was being a jerk about it.  

Not quite understanding the Stephen and his date conflict. Might not have been paying enough attention.

Lindsey -- major side-boob!

Stephen was waiting by the phone and he didn't get a timely text message from Travis telling him "the plan!" At times I don't even carry my cell and often it's off to save power! Stephen might not get a timely text out of me either! He's probably looking for "an out" so he can continue to be a "Debbie Downer!" ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sadiebyuca said:

I just can never get past Kyle crawling into bed fully clothed with shoes on at the end of the day.  It's so gross. I just think he must smell.  :/

Speaking of "must smell;" more side "boob-age" from Lindsey! That tank top was scandalous and was not cute! ;-)

• Love 5

I see the world in a way that is a little left-of-center sometimes.  Addiction is one example.  Carl was clearly going through some heavy stuff that hit all at once.  He didn't know how to cope in a healthy way and turned to booze and reclusivity.    Then his friends got mad at him because they felt abandoned. Pouring more pain on a person who is already in a lot of pain ain't gonna help things.  

If a loved one of mine was in trouble this way, I would tell them that I love them and am there for them when they need strength and support and then let them live the life they want to/need to live at that time.   My only feeling would be love and compassion - not anger.  

....The sleeping around and being douchie to girls is another story. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10

I've been Amanda in that situation. The best thing to do is ignore them and do your own thing for the night. You can't reason with someone who's being a drunk asshole and his behavior is no reflection on her. Unless she accepts it and stays with him for the long haul. This is wandering into Naomie and Craig territory. She's mature and has a good head on her shoulders, he wants to party and not grow up. She leaves. He lost a good thing. 

• Love 5

Kyle is an arse. He was really nasty to Amanda in this episode. This weekend-drunk thing isn't a good look on him. At all. With his neon muscle tank, he looks like a frat douche from the 80s. But he's 35. It's just pathetic. I think he has a drinking problem. Because the weekend can be "fun" without being absolutely shit-faced. You can tell Amanda is really unhappy in this relationship, but there's that TEENY TINY part of her that won't give up because he just might change. Girl, go. 

Stephen is still being a sulky brat. Carl tried several times to talk to him, ask him about his life....and Stephen either shuts it down completely, or speaks to Danielle when answering. He's such a Mean Girl. Then the whole thing with Travis's birthday party. Am I missing something? He was invited. Travis did text him back. What's the big issue? Because it wasn't an IMMEDIATE response? Well, it's the dude's freaking birthday!!! He's probably busy. Not everyone is sitting around, staring at their phone all night. I swear, Stephen creates this shit, just so he can sit around and pout and have everyone feel sorry for him. 

Lauren was oddly nice to Carl's date. Was that only because she had a Polo guy to make out with? 

Speaking of....those polo guys seemed like douches. And Lindsey is either a magnet for asshats or freaks guys out with her aggressiveness. Or both. Another weekend, another dude high tailing it away from her. 

And I'm sorry, I hate to snark on people's bodies (their natural bodies - plastic surgery shennanigans are fair game), but Lindsey's boobs!!!! Just stop. It's not the boobs themselves, it's how she presents them - by completely squishing them down, as if she wishes she didn't have any at all. Gah, I feel bad for those things. Small chested girls can look really cute, but she does herself no favors with how she dresses. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And I'm sorry, I hate to snark on people's bodies (their natural bodies - plastic surgery shennanigans are fair game), but Lindsey's boobs!!!! Just stop. It's not the boobs themselves, it's how she presents them - by completely squishing them down, as if she wishes she didn't have any at all. Gah, I feel bad for those things. Small chested girls can look really cute, but she does herself no favors with how she dresses. 

Actually, she agrees with you. ;)  I think she got her boobs done at the end of the summer.  She said she lost a lot of weight after she and Everett broke up and her boobs suffered.  So, she got them fixed. 

Stephen is still being a sulky brat. Carl tried several times to talk to him, ask him about his life....and Stephen either shuts it down completely, or speaks to Danielle when answering. He's such a Mean Girl. Then the whole thing with Travis's birthday party. Am I missing something? He was invited. Travis did text him back. What's the big issue? Because it wasn't an IMMEDIATE response? Well, it's the dude's freaking birthday!!! He's probably busy. Not everyone is sitting around, staring at their phone all night. I swear, Stephen creates this shit, just so he can sit around and pout and have everyone feel sorry for him. 

Absolutely true.  He needs to be personally invited and begged.  It opens up a new window into what he's probably blaming Carl for this past year.  Maybe Carl didn't "drop" him like Stephen insinuates.  Maybe Carl just didn't beg him constantly to hang out. 

Kyle is an arse. He was really nasty to Amanda in this episode. This weekend-drunk thing isn't a good look on him. At all. With his neon muscle tank, he looks like a frat douche from the 80s. But he's 35. It's just pathetic. I think he has a drinking problem. Because the weekend can be "fun" without being absolutely shit-faced. You can tell Amanda is really unhappy in this relationship, but there's that TEENY TINY part of her that won't give up because he just might change. Girl, go. 

He's a drunk.  I think he's the same as Jax.  He treated her horribly last summer and she came back for more.  He didn't want to even see her during the week this summer.  HUH?  I'm married with children and a job. I make time.  He's a loser.  She needs to expect more from her boyfriend. 

Edited by sadiebyuca
double post
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Speaking of "must smell;" more side "boob-age" from Lindsey! That tank top was scandalous and was not cute! ;-)

It's baaaaaaaad.  It looks painful! And tortured!  

5 hours ago, Jextella said:

I see the world in a way that is a little left-of-center sometimes.  Addiction is one example.  Carl was clearly going through some heavy stuff that hit all at once.  He didn't know how to cope in a healthy way and turned to booze and reclusivity.    Then his friends get mad at him because they felt abandoned. Pouring more pain on a person who is already in a lot of pain ain't gonna help things.  

If a loved one of mine was in trouble this way, I would tell them that I love them and am there for them when they need strength and support and then let them live the life they want to/need to live at that time.   My only feeling would be love and compassion - not anger.  

I agree.  I just don't get why Stephen is allowed to be so condescending and rude, but Carl isn't allowed to make mistakes.  It doesn't seem fair.  Carl lost a LOT over a few months.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Stephen thrives on being miserable. He wouldn't have it any other way. 

For sure Stephen loves wallowing in self-pity! I got nothing for him! If he wasn't such a busybody & gossip, then getting into other people's drama, he might be a happier person! ;-(

• Love 5

We have seen other people ask if they can have people ask or at least inform in advance that someone was staying over so I don't get Carl's problem and I also wouldnt qualify an hour before she arrives with a suitcase advanced notice. His friend Lindsay had a very annoying voice.

I dont know if it was less makeup or not or if its not having anger at Carl  but I thought Lauren looked cute all episode! 

Stephen is too ridiculous for words on all levels.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

Summer is supposed to be fun... well hell it wont be with this cast of losers - I still can't get over Lindsey's behavior last week, she feels she is a self entitled brat when she doesnt get her way. No wonder Everett bounced. I am glad not to have seen Lauren show a floppy boob this week. I do feel bad for Carl, hopefully he becomes a better person, Amit is still hot and the dark haired girl, she is a non-factor...Kyle is not a fun drunk .Now for Stephen...geez what a whiney baby he is. No wonder he is still single.  I am over him and his 

image.png.271ddb3c1021a59ffaef3ca8f4debd3c.png 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Jextella said:

I see the world in a way that is a little left-of-center sometimes.  Addiction is one example.  Carl was clearly going through some heavy stuff that hit all at once.  He didn't know how to cope in a healthy way and turned to booze and reclusivity.    Then his friends get mad at him because they felt abandoned. Pouring more pain on a person who is already in a lot of pain ain't gonna help things.  

Wow, that is so on point and astute and I truly appreciate your compassionate attitude.

I'm still watching but realizing that I don't think Amanda would be as upset with Kyle partying too hard on summer weekends if he were more present during the week. It seems like he's really professional and pretty mature when he's doing "real life," so I can understand her frustration not just with the drunkenness himself, but that it translates into his continued absence, just in a different way. She seems SUPER fun, not like a stick in the mud at all, and could see very much why she'd be frustrated to "have to" play the role of mature adult in a house with people older than her.

Also on a shallow note, there was debate on a past-ep thread, forget which, where someone said she was hot as hell and someone else said nah she's cute with a great body. But I have to disagree with that. During the first season I may have agreed and see where that person is coming from. But I think Amanda has a very stealth gorgeousness to her. She can run around in zero makeup and a ponytail and be cute, and she can also get dressed up and put on makeup and look classy and gorgeous. And her face is really interesting to me, which I find preferable to someone more cookie (Cooke-y?) cutter pretty who always looks the same. I think the woman's got it all going on for her and hope Kyle can realize how terrible it will be if he messes it up with her for good!

ETA: Oh man. I am completely Stephen in the montage of his not hearing from Travis.

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Love 3

Lindsey's boobs were alarming especially when she was laying down -they looked like they were trying to crawl out the sides of her tank top.   The average age of those polo dudes looked to be about 45.   But I guess the Chinless Scowler, Everett will be back next week to win her back?

Funny how the guys on the date with Danielle and Lauren were total doppelgängers.

Lauren was likeable when she was talking to Stephen at the end there.   And she didn't lash out or flop her boob aggressively at "Olive Oyl" Carl's 'date'.   Progress.   Why does Ashley need to come back so soon?

Agree with the above that Amanda has a very pretty and interesting look.  Although in this episode I kept marveling at how her fuschia lip color never seemed to wear off through the ongoing travails with Kyle. 

Kyle's breakthough app is called 'Fenix' hahaha.

• Love 2

I wasn’t paying too much attention to this episode (multi-tasking on the Van Der Pump Rules board), but every time I looked up at my TV, all I saw was Lindsey’s boob. I spent way too much brain power trying to figure out how her boobs can be so droopy when they’re small. Then I started comparing them to Lauren’s floppy boobs. And I developed the hypothesis that like Lala on Van Der Pump Rules is all about “p*ssy power,” Lauren and Lindsey are all about “floppy boob power.” Lauren will practically slap Carl upside his head with a boob when she thinks he does her wrong! Lindsey takes off her bra and lets the girls swing the more desperate she gets over a man—any man! (Every time I looked up from her boob in this episode, she was with a different man!) Even Amanda is topless a lot of the time she’s fighting with Kyle at the end of a drunken night—so I also think she’s trying to sway Kyle as to why he should do anything she says. (If Kyle wasn’t so drunk that he could see straight it might actually work because Amanda’s boobs are spectacular.) These people are a wreck and need a lot of help getting their lives on track. I think they need to bring in someone from a lingerie shop to give these ladies a professional bra fitting. I think the foundational bra support is Step 1 to building the foundation of emotional support that’s lacking in their lives. Step 2 is break up with everything. Break up with the guys. Break up with rose’. Break up with their skewed ideas that they can completely change someone else’s personality and instead focus on changing themselves. Same advice goes for the guys—minus the bra part—but replace it with getting rid of the crazy wigs and costumes—mostly Kyle, or novelty partying-themed t-shirts in Carl’s case—which is putting them mentally in this childish make-believe world. They seem to  “act like grownups” when we see glimpses of them during the workweek dressed like professional men, so stick with that.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I wasn’t paying too much attention to this episode (multi-tasking on the Van Der Pump Rules board), but every time I looked up at my TV, all I saw was Lindsey’s boob. I spent way too much brain power trying to figure out how her boobs can be so droopy when they’re small. Then I started comparing them to Lauren’s floppy boobs. And I developed the hypothesis that like Lala on Van Der Pump Rules is all about “p*ssy power,” Lauren and Lindsey are all about “floppy boob power.” Lauren will practically slap Carl upside his head with a boob when she thinks he does her wrong! Lindsey takes off her bra and lets the girls swing the more desperate she gets over a man—any man! (Every time I looked up from her boob in this episode, she was with a different man!) Even Amanda is topless a lot of the time she’s fighting with Kyle at the end of a drunken night—so I also think she’s trying to sway Kyle as to why he should do anything she says. (If Kyle wasn’t so drunk that he could see straight it might actually work because Amanda’s boobs are spectacular.) These people are a wreck and need a lot of help getting their lives on track. I think they need to bring in someone from a lingerie shop to give these ladies a professional bra fitting. I think the foundational bra support is Step 1 to building the foundation of emotional support that’s lacking in their lives. Step 2 is break up with everything. Break up with the guys. Break up with rose’. Break up with their skewed ideas that they can completely change someone else’s personality and instead focus on changing themselves. Same advice goes for the guys—minus the bra part—but replace it with getting rid of the crazy wigs and costumes—mostly Kyle, or novelty partying-themed t-shirts in Carl’s case—which is putting them mentally in this childish make-believe world. They seem to  “act like grownups” when we see glimpses of them during the workweek dressed like professional men, so stick with that.

This is amazing.  Also it reminds me of when Bethenny made a HUGE deal of getting a special bra fitting on RHONY because she's like a 32G, and she wound up in Body by Victoria anyway.  Hehe

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I'm still watching but realizing that I don't think Amanda would be as upset with Kyle partying too hard on summer weekends if he were more present during the week. It seems like he's really professional and pretty mature when he's doing "real life," so I can understand her frustration not just with the drunkenness himself, but that it translates into his continued absence, just in a different way. She seems SUPER fun, not like a stick in the mud at all, and could see very much why she'd be frustrated to "have to" play the role of mature adult in a house with people older than her.

Good point. It almost seems like he just wants her around on weekends, so he can have easy access to a girl in his bed after a good night of partying. I do think he cares for her, but not in the way she cares for him. He does seem to have two separate worlds, and he's really not making a nice place for her in either. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Judi Sunshine said:

It seems like he's really professional and pretty mature when he's doing "real life,"

You get that from all the 10 seconds worth of blurbs in an entire season from these people's city 'real life'?  My money's on he's an asshat gone to seed fratboy doosh 24/7. lol

My sympathy at first for his girlfriend has now gone to how bloody stupid can you be and exactly how much lack of any self respect do you have in you lady

Then again, this is 'reality' tv. You don't really see these people at any kind of job. Just walking, or in Pratboy's case, bicycling, on a manhattan street for a few seconds. Then a producer says, 'Hey Linds, sit here at the desk and we'll film you picking up the phone'. Or have Carl sit in an unused office and have the assistant camera guy pretend to interview him for a 'job'. lol

Hell, perhaps Kyle and Amanda are just actors doing a script too

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 2

More than once they have shown Kyle talking marriage or moving in together when they are clearly just being filmed by the stationary cameras in their room when I bet he forgets he is miked and being filmed so I can only imagine what he tells her when not on camera at all.

Amanda, consider that  it's bad enough being married to an alcoholic when they marry you willingly.  Forcing an alcoholic to marry you is not ideal.  And - the "professional" weekdays get fewer, and the weekends get longer.  Or hey, it could all suddenly work out wonderfully just because the person turns ....  maybe try 40?

• Love 5
On 3/21/2018 at 2:57 PM, AuntDahlia said:

Amanda, consider that  it's bad enough being married to an alcoholic when they marry you willingly.  Forcing an alcoholic to marry you is not ideal.  And - the "professional" weekdays get fewer, and the weekends get longer.  Or hey, it could all suddenly work out wonderfully just because the person turns ....  maybe try 40?

Not to mention, there IS an age difference, and, Kyle, sweetie, that last shot of you in the “comings” — your age is showing, paunchy.  Getting soft in the middle.  Seen it before — those blonde good looks fade fast.

Move on, A.

• Love 3

I really don’t like Ananda and Kyle as a couple. Separately, I kind of do, but together...not so much. She gets passive aggressive and manipulative. He becomes immature and selfish. I don’t know why this group of people are constantly hooking up with people that bring out the worst in them, but they all do it.

• Love 1
On 3/20/2018 at 5:16 AM, Jextella said:

I see the world in a way that is a little left-of-center sometimes.  Addiction is one example.  Carl was clearly going through some heavy stuff that hit all at once.  He didn't know how to cope in a healthy way and turned to booze and reclusivity.    Then his friends got mad at him because they felt abandoned. Pouring more pain on a person who is already in a lot of pain ain't gonna help things.  

Booze ain't the only thing. Devil dust makes a person hit bottom emotionally after binging. Been there. Done that.

• Love 1