Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E10: Rumor Has It

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Pixel said:

I don't know anything about Kayleigh and whether she's an asshole in real life. IMO, those girls also made the classic mistake of ganging up on the girl in the situation. What about Bananas? Why wasn't anyone all over his shit for not telling Natalie about the alleged hookup? 

Natalie turned on him in a hot minute, said she didn't want anything more to do with him and then she sidled up to some other guy.

Looks like Bananas didn't get any from her either.

Kayleigh could easily have gotten payback if she stayed, i.e. do the same thing to the 3 when they're not in their rooms.  Or stuff ketchup packets in Jemmeye's stuff.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 4

Wasn't Kailah the ostracized, disliked one not too recently? She of all people should know how it feels to be treated poorly for no apparent reason. Looks like she's all too happy to join in the mean girls club as soon as she can. Also disappointed in Jem. She usually doesn't lower herself to that kind of behavior. Brittney... no words for her on the Aftershow. Proud of Cara and Kam for immediately not being down with that bullshit. ESPECIALLY Kam for telling people to handle their disagreements one on one, not by ganging up on someone. 

Kailah and her "you can't sit here..." BS. Bitch, please....

• Love 10

There must've been more to them not liking Kayleigh than just the fact that she kissed John and didn't tell Natalie (and why the hell does she need to tell her anyway?) but they took it too far. Natalie being uncomfortable with Kayleigh in the same room because of this is ludicrous and I think Natalie totally manipulated the other girls into doing her dirty work. Kailah asking Kayleigh at the club where she was going to sleep that night sounded threatening, and how does Kailah even have a say when it's not her room.

Devin was definitely the puppetmaster. He managed to do something John only dreamed of doing with his lame ass pink note plan, and that was to turn the house upside down. And he didn't even need to make something up to do it. I really wish Kayleigh had stayed to make life hell for the witches (love the idea of putting ketchup packets in Jemmye's stuff) because the whole house was not against her no matter what they said. Devin's plan was to knock John off his game but it also exposed a lot of things about others, namely what shits Kailah, Jemmye and Britni are and what a stand up guy Kyle is.

I think part of Zach's reaction after Tony voted for John was, "Damn, I should have done that too". That elimination was better than JohnnyBackpack. It's fun rewatching everything John said to Devin last week and the things he said at the inquisition, knowing how it turns out. Hey John, if you get beaten by a layup, what does that make you?

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Zima said:

Did anyone watch Kayleigh's season of Big Brother? Some people on another message board are saying that she bullied someone on that show, and was removed as a result of her behavior. 

Kayleigh was not on Big Brother. She's from AYTO, which I've never watched do i don't know anything about her.

Natalie is from Big Brother.  She was pretty much liked by (almost) everyone. 

I watched. Britni was super drunk and thankfully sitting down, because she was wearing sky high heels and probably would have tipper over. I loved Gus Kenworthy calling out the bullying and not buying their excuses.

Gus Kenworthy was the only damn grownup on that after show. He was not buying anyone's shit. I'd watch him on TV any day. 

If you think about it, Bananas lost this elimination because he failed at Lite-Brite. Devin's commentary about the whole thing made it that much funnier. But I really hope that he wasn't planning on the village idiots taking things as far as they did. They took it to Defcon 1 when he probably just needed a 3. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

There must've been more to them not liking Kayleigh than just the fact that she kissed John and didn't tell Natalie (and why the hell does she need to tell her anyway?) but they took it too far. Natalie being uncomfortable with Kayleigh in the same room because of this is ludicrous and I think Natalie totally manipulated the other girls into doing her dirty work. Kailah asking Kayleigh at the club where she was going to sleep that night sounded threatening, and how does Kailah even have a say when it's not her room.

Devin was definitely the puppetmaster. He managed to do something John only dreamed of doing with his lame ass pink note plan, and that was to turn the house upside down. And he didn't even need to make something up to do it. I really wish Kayleigh had stayed to make life hell for the witches (love the idea of putting ketchup packets in Jemmye's stuff) because the whole house was not against her no matter what they said. Devin's plan was to knock John off his game but it also exposed a lot of things about others, namely what shits Kailah, Jemmye and Britni are and what a stand up guy Kyle is.

I think part of Zach's reaction after Tony voted for John was, "Damn, I should have done that too". That elimination was better than JohnnyBackpack. It's fun rewatching everything John said to Devin last week and the things he said at the inquisition, knowing how it turns out. Hey John, if you get beaten by a layup, what does that make you?

Just have to say in my opinion, no elimination had ever been better than CT carrying Johnny like a child and dumping him into a metal barrel. Nobody has ever been so completely and utterly dominated and humiliated by another competitor.  While the drama surrounding the Light Bright elimination may have added to the enjoyment and comeuppance that Bananas got, the actual elimination was basically a crap shoot and it was EXTREMELY close at the end.  Johnny could have very easily won that one.  

• Love 10
20 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

That elimination was better than JohnnyBackpack.

Nothing is better than the Banana Backpack!

3 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

Nobody has ever been so completely and utterly dominated and humiliated by another competitor.

Exactly!

• Love 7

I don't have a problem with the show increasing its response to bullying and other inhumane behavior over what they have done in the past decades.  It's what I hope for from all humanity, to learn and grow and become kinder, and if, alas, it seems not to be happening as quickly as I might wish for in the world at large, I'll settle for it happening on the show.

Furthermore, saying "at least it isn't in the pool" (don't remember which of them justified it with that) in comparison to Beth's stuff being thrown in the pool is not an apt comparison, because that incident was not three against one.  Ganging up was the biggest problem here--Teej didn't lecture what's-her-name British girl and Kam for getting in each other's faces and yelling their heads off--the ganging up was the problem.  

Looks like Tony had been watching Amazing Race and got his script from one of Phill Keoghan's not very convincing non-elimination fake-outs on the mat, "I'm sorry, but....you'll have to keep on racing!" or whatever.  He's a goof, but I'm glad he made this move.  And even if he acts counter to what would really help his kids sometimes, and doesn't seem to have a lot of brainpower to put towards what would really be best, at least the gears are grinding in that direction.  What does John really have to live for besides fame for his stupid grudges and stupid T-shirts?

• Love 7
On 3/8/2018 at 7:57 AM, RHJunkie said:

I didn't mean that she felt embarrassed for her behaviour, I meant that she seemed a bit embarrassed that everyone was going in on her about her. She had a lot to say when Kam and Cara Maria were calling the girls out for their bullish behaviour but she sat silent the next day when the whole table basically called it mean girl and bullying tactics that isn't cool. And she didn't try to rationalize any further when TJ basically called her behaviour stupid. To be clear, whatever embarrassment I perceived from her had nothing to do with remorse of her actions, it had to do with having an entire house (minus Jemmye, Brittany and Natalie) agree that those were some really weak ass antics. It didn't make them look cool or like good friends. It made them look like immature, petty mean girls.

Then I agree with everything you said. lol. :)

• Love 1

It wasn't domination but Devin backed it up, telling everyone he'd take Johnny out, talking all kinds of trash.

People were doubtful that he could win.  That was probably why Zach and initially Tony were skeptical Devin could eliminate Bananas, who didn't want to go in but figured he could beat Devin.

When the game was revealed, he said that levels the playing field.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, sabretooth said:

Gus Kenworthy was the only damn grownup on that after show. He was not buying anyone's shit. I'd watch him on TV any day. 

If you think about it, Bananas lost this elimination because he failed at Lite-Brite. Devin's commentary about the whole thing made it that much funnier. But I really hope that he wasn't planning on the village idiots taking things as far as they did. They took it to Defcon 1 when he probably just needed a 3. 

Are you freaking kidding me? He didn't even know what he was talking about when it came to Bananas being a POS and specific things that happened in the house!

• Love 3
On 3/7/2018 at 12:26 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

There are so many layers of wrong here but why was Kayleigh the one to take the fall?  She did absolutely nothing wrong. Where was everyone at while Bananas was skirting the blame? I don’t want to be that person but I can’t ignore that the “ethnic” woman (or the woman in general, tbh) is always the one who takes the fall and is bullied in these games. I almost grabbed Kailah through the TV when she told Kayleigh to go back to the UK.  You’re not even on the right continent, you ethnocentric moron. This was wrong and disgusting. I almost cried seeing how PROUD they were to be a part of that clique, Natalie smirking in the background (she is just as guilty for not saying a single word to stop it), and Kayleigh just looking so humiliated...

The girl always gets all the heat for any alleged hookup. Remember when the entire house turned on Shauvon for hooking up with CT? CT and Diem were broken up, at Diem's instigation, and both appeared on a Challenge. CT and Shauvon had some kind of makeout session at the start of the Challenge, Diem lost her shit when she heard about it (which prompted the whole CT almost kills Adam on camera incident) and everyone immediately despised Shauvon for daring to hook up with a guy who has an ex girlfriend. No one said a word about it to CT until he physically went after Adam. Paula was the ringleader against Shauvon, ironic because she had no moral qualms about fucking Dunbar who had a girlfriend at home.

I will  say Jemmye at least looked pretty embarrassed when she realized no one outside of her little mean girls clique was too impressed with them.

• Love 5

Just got around to watching this episode and I was so uncomfortable with the girls' behavior towards Kayleigh. And I agree, that Johnny should have been called to the carpet too. I hate when the girl is the one who gets labeled and treated badly as if she was the only one doing wrong. That made me so sick and I was so happy when TJ called them on their shit. It was ridiculous. It doesn't even matter what Kayleigh did in the past/off the show/whatever. I loved when Kam stepped in and told them that ganging up on people shit was whack. I know this is what they do in that house, year after year, but it was annoying then and it's annoying now. Natalie's ass wasn't even that concerned so why did they feel the need to get involved?

And seeing Britni's dumb ass on the After Show, I lost tons of respect for Brad for being with someone like her. I couldn't stand Tori but she at least had some intelligence. Britni seems like a twit and she on top of that, she was all over Devin, with her drunk ass.

Moving on, I was cheering my ass off when Tony grew some balls and said Johnny's name, even though I thought he was going to wuss out when he said Nelson's name first. Still don't like Tony, but he gained some cool points. These idiots need to learn that the only way to have a real shot is to send Johnny home whenever they have the chance. I think the producers gave Johnny that puzzle on purpose because they knew he wouldn't get it. And I'm here for it! I hope they continue to for as long as he keeps coming back. He's such a hypocrite and I can't for the life of me understand what hold he has over these people, friendship aside. We've seen how he's screwed over friends in the past just to win money.

• Love 4
On 3/9/2018 at 7:01 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Natalie is from Big Brother.  She was pretty much liked by (almost) everyone. 

Not hardly. This ultra-fake cheerleader schitck, in a fake showmance garbage (James), was her exact MO on Big Brother, and the "uncomfortable" crap she pulled on Jemmye was also what she pulled in the Big Brother house when she accused Paulie  -- for awfully convenient game reasons  -- of being sexually inappropriate with her after she had been flirting with him just as much. Natalie also admitted on Big Brother she had accused several of her past employers of sexual inappropriateness after running this same flirtatious/how dare you pattern on them (which she also was in the setup phase for with Bananas, and it appears soon Nelson, btw). She is trash, so she fits right in on this show. 

I don't care that they threw Kayleigh's stuff downstairs. She wasn't traveling with a Ming vase and could stand to reel back the foundation a few layers. She had no chance to win anyway so they cost her nothing. I can imagine me throwing someone's shit downstairs if they truly irritated me, and a braindead, barely there scolding from the husk that is Teej would be dismissed instantly by me. Bullying is a strong word, and I'm not saying it wasn't that, but that's what these games are now, so I think everyone on these shows should stop complaining that these shows structured to create conflict create conflict. Especially this one, with the perpetual core returners who clique up.   

Ugh, Kyle and Cara. Everytime I see them I think back to that bar scene.

Kyle: I get wasted and bang bar sluts every night back home!

Cara: You're so cute!

Really wish they'd both go away forever. 

On 3/9/2018 at 2:16 PM, Hiacios said:

Not my read at all, and I won't watch him on TV ever again if I can help it! Gus can take all the seats, and I thought Devin showed great restraint in not mauling him. Bananas talked a big game (like always) and got served (like usual), and for Gus to say Bananas is loyal after his entire brand has been him being a bottom of the barrel, POS human being for over 15 years is ridiculous. You can't buy back your reputation is a lesson I imagine Bananas will learn the hard way several times as he gets older, as a person's default position with him should be not to trust him and he sucks. The people closest to Bananas tend to be the ones who never win even after multiple challenges, and Gus could slide right into that pathetic follower role. Though, I question if Gus has any thoughts at all, since everything he said seemed like he was struggling to read a cue card. All these guys look like straight wimps, scared to offend this short, aged clown. At least Devin has some spine.     

BTW, Bananas always goes on about how he's won the most, but hasn't also lost the most because he's the only one with nothing in his life to keep him from coming back to this? Is he really holding a 30% average as his life's achievement?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, NickPappagiorgio said:

BTW, Bananas always goes on about how he's won the most, but hasn't also lost the most because he's the only one with nothing in his life to keep him from coming back to this? Is he really holding a 30% average as his life's achievement?

You know, a few years ago I would have said Bananas had done pretty well for himself... even if he doesn't win, he gets an appearance fee of like $60K, which is a better salary than 70% of Americans and he only has to "work" for like 4-6 weeks. He probably makes enough to live off of just doing the appearance fees, and the actual winnings could be used as some kind of investment (like if he wanted to get into real estate, for example). And maybe he is doing those things (he mentioned investments once, but something about the way he said it made me think he was investing in a friend's new company which I'd argue is not the most efficient way to use limited capital), but now I think his time to not look like an idiot has expired.

By my count, he's going on 36 years old, has never held a professional job (believe he graduated from UPenn with a degree in economics but never actually worked because he joined The Real World right away), has had a string of failed relationships in which he publicly cheated on all of them, refers to himself on TV as a cockroach and also flat irons his hair and wears capri work out pants. I mean, he may be doing better financially right now than the average American (although given the state of finances and people living on credit that's not a hugely high bar to set right now), but he just seems like such a doofus and he's on his way to being the odd man out on these challenges. It's one thing to be 21 and right out of college and undecided about your future and go on a few of these shows in order to travel and try and win some seed money, but it's pretty sad to make this your career.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Tatum said:

even if he doesn't win, he gets an appearance fee of like $60K,

Says who? Him? I don't believe that for a second. It's not like they have to negotiate him away from any other opportunity, and this show that makes them pay for their own drinks, has a grand prize of 400k, and confines them to three rooms of a McMansion is not spending 60k on one cast member in a cast of 25+. Doesn't make sense. I knew a cast member who was on multiple Challenges who was invited back to The Ruins (she declined) and the fee wasn't even a 10th of that. 

It's lies. 

18 minutes ago, NickPappagiorgio said:

Says who? Him? I don't believe that for a second. It's not like they have to negotiate him away from any other opportunity, and this show that makes them pay for their own drinks, has a grand prize of 400k, and confines them to three rooms of a McMansion is not spending 60k on one cast member in a cast of 25+. Doesn't make sense. I knew a cast member who was on multiple Challenges who was invited back to The Ruins (she declined) and the fee wasn't even a 10th of that. 

It's lies. 

I don't think everyone gets that, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does. I don't remember who said it, probably Kenny. I agree that MTV is notoriously cheap, but one or two people might be the exception to that rule.

ETA: now that I think about it, I bet Kenny and his Crossfit gym in Jersey is the company in which John invested.

Edited by Tatum

I have read an article that said that main stays do make about 60k for an appearance. 

This episode made me SIIINNNGG!!!   I was so happy.  I went to bed smiling.   Everything he planned to do (get through the game without emotions, remain cutthroat, cause chaos) were things that other players did with more success than him this season.  To me that is the best part!!  Him being eliminated right away is secondary to my glee.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think this was discussed in another thread on this forum. Granted, no one provided paystubs, but it was reported in multiple places. It isn't that farfetched to me that one or two people would be seen as driving the ratings and get extra money on top of possible winnings.

The "big dogs" like Bananas, CT, Wes, get at least 60k for going on each challenge and sometimes even more depending on how badly they want that person and how well they work with production.  Even someone like Nany said a few years ago that she made her normal years salary going on the show.  This has been admitted by multiple cast members and insiders for years.  Production offers CT and Wes more because they know they bring ratings and they know they will bring drama and provide production with content.  I would not be surprised at all that Bananas actually got paid extra due to the notes business.

• Love 2

If MTV said no we're not going to pay you, Bananas wouldn't show up for a chance to win?

Where else is he going to have a chance to make over $100k in a couple of months?