Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Dumbster Fire

thewhiteowl

I hated everything in the last 5-10ish minutes. The exceptions are the delish water, I’m weird and can tell different bottled waters apart by taste and Sly’s Water sounded awesome. And Happy convincing Toby not to over think their Doctor choice, it was kind of relatable because it’s a struggle no matter what and he is “the reason” for the issue so it makes sense he wants it to be just right. 

Other than that I hated the end. I don’t want a love triangle on this show between the members of Scorpion. Or at all but it feels like I have to specify. The Ralph and Florence bits this episode where unnecessary. I thought the whole checking the phone thing etc was leading to something but no. And we all know that was just for the Flo hearing about Sly portion. 

I did like seeing them not on their game and appreciating the help, although Walter forgot pretty damn quick. 

Pretty sure Sly was my favorite. I loved that he kept saying “esplosion”, I rewinded to check and was giving a thumbs up as a yes. Also I would easily chose Sly over Walter. One of them puts other people first and one, even if it seems like he’s putting someone else ahead, it’s really to prove himself and his skill. 

Also wish the actors would cut it out so maybe Paige and Walt could not be this. 

• Love 6

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as some of the other recent episodes. There was way too much talk about being dumb, and a new emergency every minute was especially annoying.  To top it off, the hint of a triangle is back. 

• Love 1

I thought there was something off about Flo's non reaction when Sly was explaining his system. And then you see her reacting to Walter the way she should have been with Sly. I'm surprised they didn't have Page come back to see it. Didn't they do this triangle thing with Page's previous boyfriend? I hated it then and I hate it now. Do they think we'll be on the edge of our seats waiting to see who she chooses? No one wants this storyline. Both Sly and Flo are good quirky characters and I really like both of them. Just put them in a situation where  they solve some unsolvable problem and hopefully we're off and running.     On the other hand the scene where Sly and Walter were dumb founded that Page and Gabe couldn't figure out the obvious carbon copy clue and Happy and Doc come in and get it without even have to think about it is what I love about this show. The contrast between how a genius and a regular person see things. That and how they can save the world with a rubber band, a stick or whatever else happens to be handy.                                                                                                                                                                                    

• Love 3

IMO, it's a shame that "re-smart" Walter didn't seem to recall how impressive he thought Paige was during the crisis of the week. He seemed to revert to his "unaware dick" mode.

I also don't like the "love triangle" of Walt, Paige and Flo, sorry Florence!

• Love 9
7 hours ago, incandescent said:

I thought their client of the week (Roger Raja) was very charming. That probably shouldn't be my biggest takeaway from this episode, but here we are.

2 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

I was just happy to see Lester from Chuck. 

Given the eyeroll not-Lester and Paige shared, I hope she dumps Walter and runs off to the particle excelerator with Ralph. Then it can turn out Walter and chemist girl are just sibling-ish.

This was my favorite episode in a long time (until the last few minutes). I LOLed at the shot of Happy's hair after the air blaster.

I really appreciated the cause of the near disaster being a groundhog instead of Scorpion for a change.

• Love 2
On 2/26/2018 at 10:55 PM, emcmac87 said:

The Ralph and Florence bits this episode where unnecessary. I thought the whole checking the phone thing etc was leading to something but no. And we all know that was just for the Flo hearing about Sly portion. 

I thought checking the cell phones at the door served two purposes. The first is that it lets Ralph play wingman for Sly and talk him up, because neither one has thier phone so they are more likely to talk to each other. I really want Sly and Flo to end up together and thought it was cute the way Ralph was trying to do for Sly what Sly did for him with Patty. I think Sly and Flo have a better shot. The second is that it explains the reason why the team can't call Ralph or Flo for help when they need it.  

• Love 1
On 2/27/2018 at 12:14 PM, MDL said:

IMO, it's a shame that "re-smart" Walter didn't seem to recall how impressive he thought Paige was during the crisis of the week. He seemed to revert to his "unaware dick" mode.

I also don't like the "love triangle" of Walt, Paige and Flo, sorry Florence!

And it seems they are turning it into a love quadrangle with the Sly factor. I'm not looking forward to this.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

So if Toby has the lowest IQ of Team Scorpion, does that mean they don’t consider Paige and Cabe part of the Team?

I think it's a "no hits my little brother except me" type scenario. If anyone from outside the group insulted Paige, Cabe, or even Ralph, Toby, Sly, Happy and Walter would verbally demolish them for making that suggestion. When it's just the group of them, it would appear they do not. 

I officially can't stand Paige.  She said Walter wouldn't even try to dumb down his Pictionary for her game night with her friends.  Why should he.  That's how he thinks.  I don't think he was trying to be obtuse and difficult (at first, at least) he was just drawing what he read.  Obviously his friends understood exactly what he was drawing.  She tries to change him when he is with her friends, when he is with his friends, when they are alone together...all the time.  I get it is her job to help him (and the rest) be more understanding to normal people, but she shouldn't always be in the clock.  She's his girlfriend, not his mother.

If Paige is so exasperated with Walter being on a different level than she is, she needs to let go of this relationship.  Because, I'll tell ya, TRYING TO CHANGE YOUR PARTNER IS GOING TO BACKFIRE AND BLOW UP IN YOUR FACE!!!!!  If Paige doesn't like him for who he is, good and bad, she needs to move on.  Quit trying to change him.  He's a jackass, yes, but that is who he is.  

Can we be honest?  Walter is smarter than Paige.  Sorry.  He is nowhere near as savvy, but he is smarter.  Suck it up Paige.  You are intelligent enough but he is book smarter.  To get offended when he mentions this is understandable, but it is also true.  I get it, but no one is holding you hostage.  Leave.  Please, Paige, leave. Please!!!!!!

Sorry, I just haven't liked her for a long time.

I want Sly and Florence together.  I will be ticked off if there is a triangle.  The only good to come from a triangle is that maybe Paige will see that her boyfriend is desirable to other women just the way he is... No changing necessary.

This wasn't my favourite episode but it did confirm my standing theory about Walter and his emotions. That its not that he's just repressed he actually processes his emotions differently than other people. That's why he seems callous so much of the time he literally doesn't feel things the same way other people do. His cognition processes so fast his brain has compensated by throttling his emotions like a computer does when you try to run one program too many.  He can learn some better ways to express himself but he will probably always struggle and never really be "normal".  That's Paige grated a bit in this episode asking Walter to think a certian way he literally can't. She knows this and has learned it more than once. Although in fairness I can see how it would drive her crazy sometimes it just felt like fake drama on the writers part.

• Love 1