Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: James B.'s Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Do these people go to the doctor as kids??  I've been 5'1 since middle school and I weighed maybe 5 or so pounds more then I needed too and my doctor had a talk with me about it.  I think I was 125/127 and he wanted me at 120 (which has been my current weight for years).  How are these kids 200 pounds at 13 years old and no one says anything?

• Love 9

If he lost weight he life would not be over just because he has one leg.  Seems like once that happened he mentally checked out.  There's people with missing arms, legs, blind, deaf WHATEVER and they still live functional lives.  Hell does anyone remember that guy that only had a torso?  He got married and had a kid!  He even drives.  This is sad.  But at least he does have a fake leg.  Plenty of people are not as lucky. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

It's kind of sad to see how many of the guys were encouraged to be big to play sports, but then were unable to lose the weight when they stopped playing.

Gender biases affect and limit both genders.  He grew up with a lot of pressure to live up to the masculine ideal of the family and culture.

• Love 9
Just now, Threnners said:

Four wheeler accident and bone infection.

I guess anyone can get an infection, but do any of the health professionals on here know if weight is a contributing factor? I'm not looking to blame James for the infection, I just wonder, since people have all kinds of leg surgeries w/o infections that make them lose their legs.

• Love 2

LB reminds me a little bit of Jimbo the sociopath from Intervention from about 8-10 years ago.

I'm also weirdly unmoved by his history: "Maw 2 died + I quit football" = morbidly obese!" 

14 minutes ago, Carrie said:

Gender biases affect and limit both genders.  He grew up with a lot of pressure to live up to the masculine ideal of the family and culture.

No.  He is just full of BS about his supposed football skills.  Really fat boys sit on the bench because they are immobile.  Much smaller players simply seal them off and  the fat guy falls down and the play runs around him.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 8

So LB drives to the airport, then they switch drivers for Ma 1 to go park the car???   Cuz God forbid a man surrender control of the car to a woman while he travels as a passenger.

• Love 4