Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: The Tappys

• Start Topic

Grace and Frankie try to help Sheree get her house back ... using both legal and illegal methods.  Robert is nominated for a Tappy acting award.

I like that they put things back to normal by episode three - Frankie is back where she belongs, and Sheree is back in her house; she can still be a part of things sometimes (I like the three of them together), but she doesn't live with them.

The house adventure was fun; I like the way this show does wacky hijinks. 

“He better not come back – I know all kinds of jujitsu I made up.”

I'm glad that Barry finding out about the cameras wasn't a huge deal.  And “Destroy the camera and meet me in Mexico” from Brianna's assistant cracked me up.

The Tappy Awards being sponsored by Dress Barn also cracked me up, and that was before I saw that it was happening IN a Dress Barn.

• Love 7

Robert's acceptance speech at the Tappy's sure hurt his partners feelings. 

I'm laughing at the way the ladies lied their way into viewing the whole house. Glad the letter was found as I prefer the premise of Grace only living with Frankie. 

Was it me or did the appliances in the kitchen seem to have a purple snakeskin finishing? 

• Love 1
On 1/19/2018 at 2:29 PM, Bastet said:

And “Destroy the camera and meet me in Mexico” from Brianna's assistant cracked me up.

Brianna/her assistant do not get nearly enough scenes! I love them.

• Love 10

This was my favorite episode of the season. Grace & Frankie breaking into the house was priceless. I loved Frankie sticking her middle finger up at the "CIA Robot Squirrel". Also Frankie describing(very poorly) the show House. Also Jane Fondas figure is TO. DIE. FOR.  

• Love 1
On 1/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, Bastet said:

The Tappy Awards being sponsored by Dress Barn also cracked me up, and that was before I saw that it was happening IN a Dress Barn.

Omg I totally missed that! That is hysterical!

• Love 3

The first two episodes had me worried that the show had slipped both in comedy and edginess, but this episode was right on point.  The housebreaking was great ("ouch, my knee," "which knee?") and the improv that Frankie and Grace used to convince Arnie that they were legitimately there had me laughing out loud.  I like the addition of Sheree to the mix, but I'm glad she'll be in her own house and not at the beach with Grace and Frankie.  Brianna continues to impress me with how howlingly NUTS she is, and her interaction with her assistant is hilarious. And I continue to be bemused - but not necessarily amused - at Robert and Saul, who seem to be turning increasingly into cliched characters, although I do like how they and Grace and Frankie seem to have reached some sort of friendly peace.

• Love 2

You know what I just thought? Could the Sheree character have originally been written for Dolly Parton as a way to get the 9to5 gang back together? But for whatever reason Dolly couldn’t do it so they cast Lisa Kudrow instead. Just a theory...

It seems like it could have been perfect as a 3 episode arc for her. 

• Love 3

I LOLed at Frankie's line about whether it was Grace's meniscus or arthritis knee as that is exactly my story!!

@Abbagirl, I had that throught too about Dolly Parton.  Lisa Kudrow is looking years older than she did the last time I saw her.  I think they're making her look older for the role.

I'm glad that Barry finding out about the cameras wasn't a huge deal.  And “Destroy the camera and meet me in Mexico” from Brianna's assistant cracked me up.

Barry and Brianna are frighteningly like an old boss of mine and her husband.  Their relationship feels very realistic.  I LOVE her assistant but I have to say this as a one time admin. to a woman just like Brianna - a woman would never get away with that kind of behavior!

I know, that's so random and funny.  Not that anyone cares, but since this was filmed Dress Barn has changed its name to "Roz and Ali".

• Love 1
On 2/25/2018 at 11:39 PM, Abbagirl said:

You know what I just thought? Could the Sheree character have originally been written for Dolly Parton as a way to get the 9to5 gang back together? But for whatever reason Dolly couldn’t do it so they cast Lisa Kudrow instead. Just a theory...

It seems like it could have been perfect as a 3 episode arc for her. 

Dolly Parton reached out to the makers of the show about making an appearance, and was turned down. They thought she'd be too distracting.

I'm hoping they'll realize their mistake, and give her at least a cameo before the series ends.

• Love 2
On 3/1/2018 at 2:21 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

I think Roz and Ali is just a clothing line they carry.  The Dress Barn near my house hasn't changed their name.  

They've rebranded to that name in 11 states including my own, so I've read.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, Yeah No said:

They've rebranded to that name in 11 states including my own, so I've read.

Such as here.  If you click on the store locator here, you can see whether your local stores are still called Dress Barn or have moved onto Roz & Ali.

Hello All,

Have decided to be a delurker and became addicted to Grace and Frankie this week...binge watching all the way.  In the process of going through all of the topics.  Where would I find what everyone thinks about Sam Waterston (my imaginary bf since Law and Order) and Martin Sheen in their respective roles??

On 1/5/2019 at 10:35 AM, Doesthatmakesense said:

Hello All,

Have decided to be a delurker and became addicted to Grace and Frankie this week...binge watching all the way.  In the process of going through all of the topics.  Where would I find what everyone thinks about Sam Waterston (my imaginary bf since Law and Order) and Martin Sheen in their respective roles??

There should be character threads. For example, the kids are covered in one called the kids. If not, maybe we could start one called the guys. Or: The Guys - Ex-Husbands and Newlyweds.